• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
How do i put a picture or message below my posts?
Assuming you mean a signature.....

Click on the icon to the left of your mailbox (it should be a picture of your avatar). A drop box should come down. Click on "signature". The rest is straightforward.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Sorry if this has been already asked and answered before, but how does the multi quote function work?
Nope, it's a brand new feature, so it definitely hasn't been asked before!

The multi-quote feature is used when you want to quote several posts in a single reply. Click the "+ Quote" button under each post you want to quote. Then, go to the post editor, and underneath, there should be a button labelled "Insert Quotes". Click this. A new window will appear, showing each post you're quoting. You can remove the ones you don't want, and, once you've gotten all the messages you want to respond to, click "Quote these messages" to insert the quotes into your post.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Hi Smash World,

I've been wandering these forums for awhile, and maybe you've seen my name crop up here or there. But, all the same, really, I guess I'm pretty dumb. I decided that I would add a picture to my profile (I went with one of the lovely Lucina), but I also seem to be unable to list multiple mains for my profile. I listed Robin as my one main for now, because, well, Robin is my best character, but I've also played well over 10k matches in FG, and consider myself well equipped to say that ZSS and Lucina and Rosalina are also mains, and maybe also Palutena.

While I know this is a topic that has probably seen time before, it may help newcomers and others, so, well, why not ask?

Thanks!
Astellius

Astellius

Smash Ace
Thank you, good sir. Would you happen to also have a link to the pics everyone uses in their signatures?

Also, this is also a question, as I see it, a lot of people have. How to post multiple mains? Rather than have the solution of moving these questions to this thread, why not have a sticky in the main forum so that everyone who joins can easily see, and also list the pictures so that people can easily use them when they join? Sorry if this post seems audacious in any way--it just seems like something I would've done, having, well, been in charge of game forums before in other situations. All the same, until something like this is very present on the main pages, I guess it's something that will be continuously asked again and again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
So, I posted a question to the forum support, but I never got an answer back. I thought here could be the next best place.

The question that I posted:

"So, there's a crowdfunding page for an indie fighting game I'm interested in and I was thinking about creating a discussion thread for it to help get the word out, since it could be considered a rather obscure title. Would I be allowed to do this at all or would that violate a rule such as advertising?

EDIT: If it helps, I'm not associated with the game in any way, shape, or form. It's a game I just want to see made, but since I don't have the means to donate, the best thing I could do was spread the word about it. If anyone can send me a reply about whether or not it's okay to do, that would be great."

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So, I posted a question to the forum support, but I never got an answer back. I thought here could be the next best place.

The question that I posted:

"So, there's a crowdfunding page for an indie fighting game I'm interested in and I was thinking about creating a discussion thread for it to help get the word out, since it could be considered a rather obscure title. Would I be allowed to do this at all or would that violate a rule such as advertising?

EDIT: If it helps, I'm not associated with the game in any way, shape, or form. It's a game I just want to see made, but since I don't have the means to donate, the best thing I could do was spread the word about it. If anyone can send me a reply about whether or not it's okay to do, that would be great."
Neo Zero Neo Zero

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Thank you, good sir. Would you happen to also have a link to the pics everyone uses in their signatures?
One popular site used to create images like that is Post Your Roster. Other people also use the site's emoticons, such as :4zss: for :4zss:

Also, this is also a question, as I see it, a lot of people have. How to post multiple mains? Rather than have the solution of moving these questions to this thread, why not have a sticky in the main forum so that everyone who joins can easily see, and also list the pictures so that people can easily use them when they join? Sorry if this post seems audacious in any way--it just seems like something I would've done, having, well, been in charge of game forums before in other situations. All the same, until something like this is very present on the main pages, I guess it's something that will be continuously asked again and again.
I might add it to the site FAQ topic, it's probably due an update now anyway.
Edit: Added

Last edited:

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
I didn't answer because I don't know the answer lol.

I imagine its ok to make a thread in the lighthouse forum though? If one isn't already made.
There wasn't one originally and then I get there and, all of a sudden, there is lol.

Anyways, thanks for your help! I really appreciate it!

Astellius

Smash Ace
One popular site used to create images like that is Post Your Roster. Other people also use the site's emoticons, such as :4zss: for :4zss:

I might add it to the site FAQ topic, it's probably due an update now anyway.
Edit: Added
I appreciate the updated FAQ! I also appreciate your response to my question! However, it raises another one, which is... is there a list of the site's emoticons for the characters? I know you listed ZSS as an example, but well, I suppose that answers one of my mains, but not the rest!

Maybe this is already listed somewhere? Even if so, I do think this site could be made more accessible to newcomers to the board (and, actually, I think easily so, haha...)! I appreciate your help and kindness!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If you're using the rich-text editor (you probably are, it's on by default), click the smiley icon, and a list of all available smilies organised by category will appear. Click on the one you want to insert it into your message.
richtext.png

They're also pretty easy to guess, since they all follow the same format: the number 4 followed by the character's name in lowercase, or an abbreviation of it for longer ones, enclosed within two colons. So :4mario: for :4mario:, :4luigi: for :4luigi:, and so on. There are a few unique ones, too (in addition to the standard ones), like :4myfriends: for :4myfriends:, and :4ourboy: for :4feroy: (Roy's normal code is :4feroy:, as :4roy: refers to the Koopaling).

Ssbm_Jag

Smash Journeyman
Can someone please tell me how to add html or a table into a post???

I have the table typed out into a word doc.

I want people browsing my post to be able to see my table and not just an imgur link to the table.

Lion pride

Smash Cadet
NNID
back_up_CB
3DS FC
3840-5448-6031
Go here, choose the appropriate category, and click "Create new group".

It's restricted by post count, so if the option to create a group doesn't appear, you may simply need to make more posts and try again later.
Is there an exact on the number of posts needed to create a group?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I am a new member here and want to know how to write and publish a post/forum.
Um, you just made a post, and the process is identical across the entire site...

But anyway:

1. Go to the thread you want to post in
2. Go to the text box underneath the last post
3. Type your message in the box
4. Press "Post Reply" to post your message

Unless you literally mean how to construct a body of text known as a "post", in which case consult your English teacher. :p

DaFletch01

Smash Rookie
Will SmashBoards be getting a section for posts on Rivals of Aether? I know its technically not a smash game but I feel like it deserves at least something on SmashBoards. Also, I have some things that I would like to post on the game that im no sure anyone else has encountered yet but there is no place I would be able to post this info because there is no forums group for RoA and I don't just mean on SB but anywhere online.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Will SmashBoards be getting a section for posts on Rivals of Aether? I know its technically not a smash game but I feel like it deserves at least something on SmashBoards. Also, I have some things that I would like to post on the game that im no sure anyone else has encountered yet but there is no place I would be able to post this info because there is no forums group for RoA and I don't just mean on SB but anywhere online.
http://smashboards.com/threads/rivals-of-aether-discussion-thread.418807/

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Pretty sure this was probably asked and probably stupid of me for asking, but is there anyway to downsize images and gifs in one's signature?

Top Bottom