• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Would it be ok if I made a thread in the Smash 4 online section that talked about specific bad people on For Glory (like spammers and people who say things like "U SUCK")?
Ex: "I met a guy online named 'Jeff' who did nothing but roll and taunt. When the match ended he changed his name to 'WOW UR BAD' and left".
Ask a moderator of that section and they should be able to answer you.

Preach

Smash Rookie
Question: I made a new account (Wreath) with intent of using that instead of this one. I never received any sort of email, and I cannot use it to make posts, messages, etc. ("insufficient privileges").
I did not have such a problem when starting this account, and I did not see a solution on Smashboards or elsewhere. How can I fully use my replacement account? Thanks in advance!

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Question: I made a new account (Wreath) with intent of using that instead of this one. I never received any sort of email, and I cannot use it to make posts, messages, etc. ("insufficient privileges").
I did not have such a problem when starting this account, and I did not see a solution on Smashboards or elsewhere. How can I fully use my replacement account? Thanks in advance!
Perhaps it wasn't activated because I cannot even tag that user name. Check your spam folder. If you still cannot find the email, contact an administrator.

If you used the same email as this account, it will not work. Try changing the email for this account.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Something I've noticed is that some members seem to have multiple mains from a single game listed under their info. I'm fairly certain it's not just me getting confused by there being separate slots for smash 4 3ds/Wii u mains, either... Is this a feature exclusive to premium users? If not, how can I apply it?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Something I've noticed is that some members seem to have multiple mains from a single game listed under their info. I'm fairly certain it's not just me getting confused by there being separate slots for smash 4 3ds/Wii u mains, either... Is this a feature exclusive to premium users? If not, how can I apply it?
I think it is just you being confused by the separate slots for Wii U and 3DS, or possibly the fact that Project M uses the same icons as Brawl (except tinted slightly purple). Certain characters for Wii U and 3DS are restricted to Premium users only (i.e. alts such as :4robinf::4wiifitm::4alph:), but the ability to choose several characters for one game doesn't exist.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
I think it is just you being confused by the separate slots for Wii U and 3DS, or possibly the fact that Project M uses the same icons as Brawl (except tinted slightly purple). Certain characters for Wii U and 3DS are restricted to Premium users only (i.e. alts such as :4robinf::4wiifitm::4alph:), but the ability to choose several characters for one game doesn't exist.
Oh....well, darn. My bad. :/

NeonShadowz

Smash Rookie
NNID
ItsIve
I'm not trying to be disrespectful at all, but I'm wondering why the rules for forums matter as much as they do; For example, being told that a question doesn't need its own thread, or being redirected to a different place to ask a question. I can understand the organization part of it but i'm just curious about why it matters. Is there only limited space on the website?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm not trying to be disrespectful at all, but I'm wondering why the rules for forums matter as much as they do; For example, being told that a question doesn't need its own thread, or being redirected to a different place to ask a question. I can understand the organization part of it but i'm just curious about why it matters. Is there only limited space on the website?
You hit it on the nail on the head (partly). Yes, it is an attempt to keep things organized and tidy. That way, if someone has a similar question, he/she might see that question has already been answered. If the queries are spread about, the person seeking the answer probably would not find it. For convenience sake, it is easier to keep certain topics to certain areas. Also, people of a certain area might be able to give you a more thorough answer.

An example of this would be if say you asked a question about PM in the Wii U General discussion. There might not be anyone there that can give you a good answer, therefore you would be redirected to the PM area so you can find the best answer possible to your questions.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
This regards the "Censor Dodging Warning" I received not too long ago.

I do understand this is a family friendly site, however at the same time seeing ****s in replies bothers me. Censorship, regardless of the media its in whether its in radio or this forum, bugs me something fierce as I highly believe in the ability of free speech. I aim to keep it clean as I would in online tournaments/regular matches however it is an issue I felt I needed to address, because it miffs me when free speech is revoked.

I wish to further use the site however, the issue of censorship bothers me greatly.
- Foxus

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This regards the "Censor Dodging Warning" I received not too long ago.

I do understand this is a family friendly site, however at the same time seeing ****s in replies bothers me. Censorship, regardless of the media its in whether its in radio or this forum, bugs me something fierce as I highly believe in the ability of free speech. I aim to keep it clean as I would in online tournaments/regular matches however it is an issue I felt I needed to address, because it miffs me when free speech is revoked.

I wish to further use the site however, the issue of censorship bothers me greatly.
- Foxus
You do have the freedom of speech. Smashboards has the freedom to censor offensive language.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The profanity filter exists to keep the site clear of content that parents wouldn't want their children seeing. Children are very impressionable - regardless of your opinion on the acceptability of censoring, would you want any child to come here and see a post lined with expletives, and think those words are acceptable for use in everyday speech? There's also the site's family-friendly image, which we strive to maintain - and a parent seeing a post full of F-words and C-words isn't going to come away thinking that here is a site that is suitable for their children to visit.

It has nothing to do with restriction of free speech (free speech and the internet is a whole other legal kettle of fish, that I don't think we need to get into here).

Krypto

Smash Cadet
It says my profile has 43 points. What does that mean and how do I get points? Also it says I'm a Smash Rookie.. How do I get that to go up in ranks? How would I get to be a Smash Ace for example?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Also it says I'm a Smash Rookie.. How do I get that to go up in ranks? How would I get to be a Smash Ace for example?
It's based on post counts:

Smash Rookie (0-24 posts)
Smash Cadet (25-74 posts)
Smash Apprentice (75-199 posts)
Smash Journeyman (200-499 posts)
Smash Ace (500-999 posts)
Smash Lord (1000-1999 posts)
Smash Champion (2000-2999 posts)
Smash Master (3000-4999 posts)
Smash Hero (5000-9999 posts)
Smash Legend (10000-19999 posts)
Smash Obsessed (20000+ posts)

NeonShadowz

Smash Rookie
NNID
ItsIve
I was a part of the people who completed the achievement "Someone set us up the bomb!" But I never received the trophy points. Does it take a while?

Okay, now I'm in the right thread, after posting this to wrong thread earlier:

So, another user asked me to spread a poll (Smash-related) to as many threads as I can. After posting it to multiple threads, I realized it could count as spam. Is it okay to post the poll to multiple threads in short time? If it isn't, then I'm very sorry.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
So were do people put things like Training Diaries and All that Jazz...

Because that would be a good feature to this site

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So were do people put things like Training Diaries and All that Jazz...

Because that would be a good feature to this site
Currently there is no such feature available. We used to have user blogs, which could probably be used for that purpose, but they were removed some time ago.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Currently there is no such feature available. We used to have user blogs, which could probably be used for that purpose, but they were removed some time ago.
But for the people who want to could they just do it in the character discussion of a certain smash game and label it as Training Diary?

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I've never seen anyone doing that, but to make sure, you should ask the moderators for the character boards you want to post in.
Cool! Thanks for the help!

(Or we could make a Beginner section so we could put the training Diaries there)

Last edited:

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
This is a really odd question but did the font used for forum posts change sometime recently? It's definitely changed at some point, but I only noticed the change today.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This is a really odd question but did the font used for forum posts change sometime recently? It's definitely changed at some point, but I only noticed the change today.
It must have been changed back because mine is normal.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
How do you put things like Guide or Data before your post? is that moderators only? I'm not talking about the word itself, I'm talking about the weird banner thingy.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
How do you put things like Guide or Data before your post? is that moderators only? I'm not talking about the word itself, I'm talking about the weird banner thingy.
Next to the title there should be a dropdown that says "Prefix."

Top Bottom