• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm trying to make a group, but when I touch the button, nothing happens. Help please.
When you go to the category in which you want to make your group, there should be a button to "create new group" in the top right. If it's not there, it may be restricted based on post count - try again when you have more posts.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
How do you use the pre-titles like "Important" and "MEta"? Before, i could do Guide and that was it. Now, I can't put any pre-title. Are there any requirements?

Dr.SMASHING

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolSean
3DS FC
3110-4089-5828
When you go to the category in which you want to make your group, there should be a button to "create new group" in the top right. If it's not there, it may be restricted based on post count - try again when you have more posts.
OK, thx.

Nate22Hill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nate22Hill
hey smashboards staff, howcome their is no moderator for the wii u falcon boards, hes pretty much gone

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Can I ask a SquidBoards related question?

I'm trying to make an account, but I'm not getting the confirmation email that I need to be able to start posting.
I know the email address is correct since I copy pasted it from the account I have here. The email service is Microsoft Outlook. I've also tried resending it several times.

Does it have something to do with associating the Squidboards account to this one?
Or does this normally take a while?

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I never had an issue when I linked account. How long has it been since you created your account?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I try and go into the group forums and get error messages saying I can't perform the action or I don't have permission.
You need to find who the group owner is. After that, send him a message or post on his wall and ask if you can join the group. He will send you an invitation if he chooses.

I have problem with a game I have in Forum Games section. It's an elimination game, and like the RTC thread, it's daily. The problem is: I wanted to post to inform that the day has changed, but since the previous post was also mine, I edited that post instead. Unfortunately, members might not notice that because editing your post doesn't show in alerts. Should I just doublepost or continue editing the previous post even if others might not notice that the day has changed?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I have problem with a game I have in Forum Games section. It's an elimination game, and like the RTC thread, it's daily. The problem is: I wanted to post to inform that the day has changed, but since the previous post was also mine, I edited that post instead. Unfortunately, members might not notice that because editing your post doesn't show in alerts. Should I just doublepost or continue editing the previous post even if others might not notice that the day has changed?
I think you are ok in this instance to double post, but to be safe, you should check with that forum's moderator.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
it's fine, the nature of the game requires you to post.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
As the former Forum Games mod up until 2 days ago, I would believe you will be fine. I always viewed double posting in two ways. The first way, and the wrong way, to double post is to post a second time mere minutes or seconds after your previous post. Typically to just add in basic information that was not necessary to require a second post, and could have easily just been edited into the first post. The second way, and the acceptable way to double post, is when you have something of good value or an update to add to the thread that you want to share with people; and your post has been the last post in the thread for a reasonable amount of time. I would view that as being acceptable, especially in Forum Games where post count doesn't increase, and some games actually require double posting anyway.

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
How do you create a table? I am looking everywhere and can't find it >.>

Mystletaynn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mystletaynn
3DS FC
3909-8402-8213
Hello, had a question about signatures here, I've created one, but for some reason it doesn't show up in every post I make. Is there some setting that automatically adds it to your post and I don't have it turned on, or some other thing...?

Edit: It showed up here, but in another thread I had posted in, the signature was included in one post and left out my next one. I just find it weird.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Hello, had a question about signatures here, I've created one, but for some reason it doesn't show up in every post I make. Is there some setting that automatically adds it to your post and I don't have it turned on, or some other thing...?
It only appears on the first post you make on a page. So it won't be on this post because I already posted on this page, but it'll appear again the first time I post on page 157.

Mystletaynn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mystletaynn
3DS FC
3909-8402-8213
Ah, I see. To prevent clutter or something of the sort? I'm just not really used to it, haha, IPBoards has it on every post. :p

Yammark Iggy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Trolltorb
3DS FC
1977-0250-8724
So, while I was posting on the Rate the signature of the user above you thread, when I posted for the first time, my signature was showing, but then I posted once more, and the signature wasn't showing up anymore.

Any questions as of why this happens?

EDIT: It seems that my sig's still there, but it's still weird that it randomly dissappeared during those two posts.

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
So, while I was posting on the Rate the signature of the user above you thread, when I posted for the first time, my signature was showing, but then I posted once more, and the signature wasn't showing up anymore.

Any questions as of why this happens?

EDIT: It seems that my sig's still there, but it's still weird that it randomly dissappeared during those two posts.
Already answered above. It appears once per page, I guess.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
@ Y Yammark Iggy , I merged your thread into this one, as this thread is to be used for questions regarding how the site works.

Your signature only appears on the first post you make on each page in a thread. For the second and subsequent posts, it won't appear, but it will appear again when the thread moves onto a new page.

Last edited:
Top Bottom