• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

A-9

Smash Rookie
NNID
DoctorBored
Hi. Recently joined and was looking through the FAQ and userguide but couldn't find anything about it, so my question:
I sometimes get linked to some threads, but when I try to view them it says "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.". I'm a bit confused why, and if there is a way to view the thread? I'd link to the thread, but since I have less than 10 posts I can't provide an example.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hi. Recently joined and was looking through the FAQ and userguide but couldn't find anything about it, so my question:
I sometimes get linked to some threads, but when I try to view them it says "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.". I'm a bit confused why, and if there is a way to view the thread? I'd link to the thread, but since I have less than 10 posts I can't provide an example.
Probably a protected social group that requires an invite to view those threads, or from a protected forum that's only either for Staff or Premium Members or Back Roomers.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Hey smashboards, why isn't the create new thread button showing up in the social thread general gaming category? Another user and I are trying to create a Codename S.T.E.A.M. social thread, please help us get the thread.

SuperSwagBros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xCocho
I was making a guide on a character, saved the draft, window was closed, now I'm wondering where to find it?

I have it all saved in a notepad, but there's all the colors & organization that I did on smashboards. I don't mind re-doing that, but I'd prefer not to lol

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
Is there a list of smashboards BBCode and html's?

I'm trying to make a table and I've used smashboard's search feature to look for the bbcode, as well as other manners of trying to find the list. But I don't see it anywhere

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hey smashboards, why isn't the create new thread button showing up in the social thread general gaming category? Another user and I are trying to create a Codename S.T.E.A.M. social thread, please help us get the thread.
You can create a Codename S.T.E.A.M. social group by clicking "Create New Social Forum" toward the bottom-right of the screen.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Shouldn't be (at least to my knowledge). If you go:

Groups > General Gaming, you should see the button around the area I mentioned earlier. You can also find it toward the top-right.

If you still can't find it, try sending a message to an Admin.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Aside from scrolling through my own profile's "Recent Activity", is there a way to see an archive/list of all of the Likes that I have ever given out to other users? Thanks in advance for the help.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Aside from scrolling through my own profile's "Recent Activity", is there a way to see an archive/list of all of the Likes that I have ever given out to other users? Thanks in advance for the help.
Nope :ohwell: This is the case for the other way around though.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Shouldn't be (at least to my knowledge). If you go:

Groups > General Gaming, you should see the button around the area I mentioned earlier. You can also find it toward the top-right.

If you still can't find it, try sending a message to an Admin.
Yeah, my smashboards view isn't blue, so I'll have to contact an admin. Though one possible reason is that I already created a social thread in another forum.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yeah, my smashboards view isn't blue, so I'll have to contact an admin. Though one possible reason is that I already created a social thread in another forum.
My view is blue/purple because I'm using the Project M Style. If you're using Smashboards Dark, it'll be black/orange and so on and so forth. But yeah, the reason you gave may be the issue.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
My view is blue/purple because I'm using the Project M Style. If you're using Smashboards Dark, it'll be black/orange and so on and so forth. But yeah, the reason you gave may be the issue.
But you took that image today right? Another user wanted to create the group as well, so if the button's still there and he has enough posts, he can create the group. Thanks.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Is there a list of smashboards BBCode and html's?

I'm trying to make a table and I've used smashboard's search feature to look for the bbcode, as well as other manners of trying to find the list. But I don't see it anywhere
Code:
[table=head]
one | two | three
1 | 2 | 3
4 | 5 | 6
7 | 8 | 9
[/table]

one | two | three
1 | 2 | 3
4 | 5 | 6
7 | 8 | 9

Other BB codes are listed here: http://smashboards.com/help/bb-codes

Last edited:

Louis Tursi

Smash Cadet
How do I access my saved drafts? I was working on a pretty large thread until my browser crashed. I'd like to get it back, but I can't find it.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Last edited:

Project Quarantine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ianwit8
How does one claim points they earned while participating at a smash tournament? The results are ready, but I don't know how to claim the 12 points I got.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I didn't find any other place to put it so I think it goes here:

I'm using ad block on this site because with the bionicles promotion going on this site becomes borderline unusable for me. Any action that has the smash logo appear on screen as a loading effect will not work, period, and clicking anywhere afterwords without reloading the page will just take me to the bionicles promotion. I can't hover on my alerts, which means to even view them I have to move my mouse to it and click instantly lest the site think that I want the popdown menu. Unwatching and watching threads requires at least one page reload. I can't click on usernames to see any information, replying to a message and posting said reply takes ages, and that's on top of just being a general pain on the loading times. I know at least some of this stuff will be occurring due to using an old computer, but I enjoyed this site for it's ease of use and polish. I turned ad block off to support it, but when running this kind of promotion I simply can't do that. /rant

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
On Smashboards, is "starting a conversation" on these forums the same as "private-messaging a user", or is there a different method of sending a message to another user aside from profile posts? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
How does one claim points they earned while participating at a smash tournament? The results are ready, but I don't know how to claim the 12 points I got.
Sorry for the late response. You may have already figured it out, but in case you haven't (and for any others that may have this question), just click on the "Rankings" tab at the top and you'll see an option towards the top right for "Claims". Go there, click your bracket, claim your points :)

D

Deleted member

How do I quote multiple people or a single person multiple times within a post/reply?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
How do I quote multiple people or a single person multiple times within a post/reply?
Just hit "reply" for every message you want to quote. If you want to break up a single quote, just close the quote tag at the first part you want to quote, and then re-open it at the second part:

Code:
[quote="JowJowGnome, post: 19033070, member: 294182"][B]How do I quote multiple people[/quote]

[quote]or a single person multiple times within a post/reply?[/B][/quote]
How do I quote multiple people

or a single person multiple times within a post/reply?

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
So is it still possible to gift premium memberships? Or is that not a thing anymore? I can't find the FaQ about premium memberships from my phone so am asking here.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Top Bottom