• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Garlic Wonder

Smash Apprentice
I just want to know, since I have two infraction points.

Please don't consider this spam.

And this not to be mean.

Also, how do you get rid of infraction points?

Last edited by a moderator:

Neiroa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Neiroa
All you want to know is written in the term. Yes I read them :)
I can't post the link cause I must have 10 message to do it (and i join only today ^^).
So go to the Smashboard main page, go to "Help", and go to "Term and rules"

Spirst

I just want to know, since I have two infraction points.

Please don't consider this spam.

And this not to be mean.
From http://smashboards.com/help/terms:

If you receive 6 active infraction points, you will be banned from the forums. Your ban will be lifted once your active infraction point total falls below 6 again. When you are banned from infractions, you will be able to browse the forums and post in Forum Support, but you will not be able to post normally.

If however you earn 12 infraction points in a 6 month period, you will earn a Permanent Penalty, which is a single infraction point that will never expire. These are only given out to repeat offenders by Super Moderators or Admins.

In order to "get rid of infraction points", you have to wait until it expires which, depending on the severity of the infraction, will vary in length. However, any warnings you've received will be listed for staff members to see even if it's expired. With that in mind, try to avoid receiving any.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

JRojas1019

Smash Rookie
im trying to get help in applying the pikzers brawlex hack pack for my wii but somethings going wrong. I was wondering if you can please help me out? I have everything i need i believe. A copy of SSBB, 32gb sd card, hacked wii with homebrew, hombrew browser,gecko, & riivolution. I installed pikzers brawlex hack, un zipped it and passed it over to my sd card but sumthings going wrong pllllleease help!

RainblowCupcakes

Smash Rookie
NNID
RainblowCupcakes
I'm really interested in creating an in depth guide for R.O.B. under 3DS/Wii U (he's my main and that section lacks a fleshed out R.O.B. guide). However, the "Create a Guide" button is on every section's home EXCEPT for 3DS or Wii U. Anyone know why that is?

Thanks for the help.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm really interested in creating an in depth guide for R.O.B. under 3DS/Wii U (he's my main and that section lacks a fleshed out R.O.B. guide). However, the "Create a Guide" button is on every section's home EXCEPT for 3DS or Wii U. Anyone know why that is?

Thanks for the help.
I merged your thread into here.

You have to go to "Guides", scroll to the bottom to to find the Wii U/3DS section, and then find the R.O.B. section. There you can create your guide. As for why that is, I don't really know as I am not involved in guides but I assume maybe due to the sheer amount of activity in that section. It could be a way to deter people from posting incomplete/spammy/unhelpful guides.

RainblowCupcakes

Smash Rookie
NNID
RainblowCupcakes
I merged your thread into here.

You have to go to "Guides", scroll to the bottom to to find the Wii U/3DS section, and then find the R.O.B. section. There you can create your guide. As for why that is, I don't really know as I am not involved in guides but I assume maybe due to the sheer amount of activity in that section. It could be a way to deter people from posting incomplete/spammy/unhelpful guides.
Wow, thanks a ton. I'm blind for not noticing that earlier.

Kasey Smith (MoJay)

Smash Rookie
NNID
KaseySmith
Hey, everyone I'm a upcoming smash player from the Midwest (Michigan). I main Little Mac and few other characters but I wanted to speak with you guys in this thread about a few things so here it goes!......
So I main Little Mac and I am huge fan of this character like this dude Mac Sauce is amazing but when I fight against other players I get this hate dislike vibe from folks and its really annoying. I want to know how can I go about this in a professional way because I don't want to make myself look like a jerk and pop-off at anyone when it comes to the Major Tournaments. Do you guys have any suggestions that I can take notes on? I mean every time I play with Mac I get maybe sometimes hype and respect but mostly its nothing but heated hate and trolls so I really need help on this.
Thank you
Everyone!
Kasey,

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Hey, everyone I'm a upcoming smash player from the Midwest (Michigan). I main Little Mac and few other characters but I wanted to speak with you guys in this thread about a few things so here it goes!......
So I main Little Mac and I am huge fan of this character like this dude Mac Sauce is amazing but when I fight against other players I get this hate dislike vibe from folks and its really annoying. I want to know how can I go about this in a professional way because I don't want to make myself look like a jerk and pop-off at anyone when it comes to the Major Tournaments. Do you guys have any suggestions that I can take notes on? I mean every time I play with Mac I get maybe sometimes hype and respect but mostly its nothing but heated hate and trolls so I really need help on this.
Thank you
Everyone!
Kasey,
imo Mac is a character that isn't that hated now...you might get someone being salty because I mean Little Mac is Little Mac but ultimately just ignore it. near release there was a lot of hate towards him but I think now the attention towards him has kind of spread out to characters like Sonic, Diddy, Luigi, etc. there are plenty of people that don't consider Little Mac that great too, and excuses are just like whatever anyway.

but hey I was just looking at tournaments just a few minutes ago haha and noticed you're going to that Schoolcraft tournament Saturday, I don't think I'm going but gl dude

Kasey Smith (MoJay)

Smash Rookie
NNID
KaseySmith
imo Mac is a character that isn't that hated now...you might get someone being salty because I mean Little Mac is Little Mac but ultimately just ignore it. near release there was a lot of hate towards him but I think now the attention towards him has kind of spread out to characters like Sonic, Diddy, Luigi, etc. there are plenty of people that don't consider Little Mac that great too, and excuses are just like whatever anyway.

but hey I was just looking at tournaments just a few minutes ago haha and noticed you're going to that Schoolcraft tournament Saturday, I don't think I'm going but gl dude
Thanks! XD Yeah I provide the venue for the tourneys that Ori bro and a few others want to run at Schoolcraft so I can't wait this weekend.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
How does one make their activity invisible?

i.e: not appearing in the "users viewing thread" section at the bottom and the "x was last seen" notification in the pop up profile.

Spirst

Additionally, you can just click your profile name (next to your messages and alerts) and there'll be a box on the bottom that can be either checked or unchecked to indicate whether your online status is hidden or not. However, staff will still be able to see your status regardless of whether you've toggled invisibility.

Last edited:

ndayday

BRoomer
@Gatlin @Hokori I can't edit my threads here since they're locked, so you need to update them for the few site changes.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
How do I post YouTube videos? Besides posting the normal URL that links them to YouTube, I want it to display the actual video to play on the forum.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Code:
[media=youtube]video ID[/media]
The video ID is the part after the "?v=" in the URL (should be 11 characters).
Is this how you can add videos to the media pages here too? I noticed that there aren't a lot of videos being posted for my main and I'm just curious how I could post some of the better videos I've seen.

General Shiro

Smash Rookie
Hello! I've been curious about something regarding the 'Groups' section of the site:
How does one go about creating a group?

I've searched for an answer on my own but have had little luck in finding one. I've heard that there should be a button to create a group, but am unable to find it on the 'Groups' section pages. Something I noticed is that when you go to other sections of the site via the tab directory at the top of the page, sub-sections or options are listed below it. The 'Groups' section, however, does not have this; when you click on the 'Groups' tab, the 'Forums' tab is highlighted instead, showing the 'Forums' sub-sections and options. (whatever you would call them)

Is there something I'm missing?

Screenshots illustrating what I'm referring to:
screenie1.png
screenie2.png

ndayday

BRoomer
Hello! I've been curious about something regarding the 'Groups' section of the site:
How does one go about creating a group?

I've searched for an answer on my own but have had little luck in finding one. I've heard that there should be a button to create a group, but am unable to find it on the 'Groups' section pages. Something I noticed is that when you go to other sections of the site via the tab directory at the top of the page, sub-sections or options are listed below it. The 'Groups' section, however, does not have this; when you click on the 'Groups' tab, the 'Forums' tab is highlighted instead, showing the 'Forums' sub-sections and options. (whatever you would call them)

Is there something I'm missing?

Screenshots illustrating what I'm referring to:
View attachment 38162 View attachment 38164
My guess is you need more posts. try again when you reach 25 or something.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Question: Premium membership. Iirc at one point you could "gift" someone some time of your own premium membership. Wondering if this is still possible, the "minimum" to it, and how to go about it. It's mainly purely for name changes within my community.

Last edited:

Sur Fartsalot

Smash Apprentice
So just to make sure, if I can't find a certain answer to a question, and I make a new thread for it, will I get like a warning or a defraction point from it? Also, where would I post the question if its about controllers?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
So I wanted to post a general smash bros. related topic, not about one specific game but on the series as a whole. Where do I do that?

Sur Fartsalot

Smash Apprentice
What does it mean when some threads say "you do not have enough privileges to post here" (or something like that). Is that because I am not an admin or something, or is it because I just created my account?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
how does one get the
Code:
:mad:
achievement? The one with this description: "It was born when sludge in a dirty stream was exposed to the moon’s X-rays. It appears among filth." I thought you get it by being warned/infracted/banned, but it seems that isn't the case.
never mind, I'm pretty sure it's for people who join the Back Room (not the Brawl one).

Which, in terms of glitches, I have seen members who were never moderators like Claire Diviner and Old Man Grey receiving the trophy one is supposed to get when they become a moderator "You Work for the Man Now". Likewise, some moderators never receive that achievement. Glitchboards acting up?

What does it mean when some threads say "you do not have enough privileges to post here" (or something like that). Is that because I am not an admin or something, or is it because I just created my account?
It's most likely because the thread you wanted to post in has been locked.

(I had another question earlier but decided to scrap it.)

Last edited:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm getting this error when I attempt to purchase premium:

"You cannot complete this action on the card you have selected. Please select another card."

This card works on multiple different sites for various reasons (Steam, Amazon, G2A, etc), but it refuses to work with smashboards specifically. It's a visa card. Am I doing something incorrect or do I need to find a different method of payment?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I have another question -- what does the wine glass icon below the mains mean? I know the scales was for Smash Debaters (when the Debate Hall was private) and the broken Smash Ball is for former staff (I know the normal and Brawl Back Room icons too).

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I have another question -- what does the wine glass icon below the mains mean? I know the scales was for Smash Debaters (when the Debate Hall was private) and the broken Smash Ball is for former staff (I know the normal and Brawl Back Room icons too).
Wine Glass + Knife is an icon for people that have played in multiple mafia games in the Decisive Games subforum.

ndayday

BRoomer
I'm getting this error when I attempt to purchase premium:

"You cannot complete this action on the card you have selected. Please select another card."

This card works on multiple different sites for various reasons (Steam, Amazon, G2A, etc), but it refuses to work with smashboards specifically. It's a visa card. Am I doing something incorrect or do I need to find a different method of payment?
Is it currently working on other sites? Like, could your card have been cancelled?
otherwise I would try Paypal support since that's what it goes through :x

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Is it currently working on other sites? Like, could your card have been cancelled?
otherwise I would try Paypal support since that's what it goes through :x
It works on multiple other sites, including when I use paypal on those sites (I just bought a game from G2A using paypal and this card).

I'll try paypal support later though. Thank you!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Am I right in believing the necroposting rule only applies to certain threads? Cause I'm thinking of making a post here, and the last post was in 2013. Since it's not about a news story that can change and become obsolete over time, it should be ok, right?

CeCe Jones

Smash Rookie
New user here. Just wondering if there is a list of all the character icons that appear under people's profiles when they posts? I'm sure I can find the icons somewhere but if someone has a page of all of them together it would save me a lot of time.

Last edited:

ndayday

BRoomer
Am I right in believing the necroposting rule only applies to certain threads? Cause I'm thinking of making a post here, and the last post was in 2013. Since it's not about a news story that can change and become obsolete over time, it should be ok, right?
Yes. it's basically just don't bump irrelevant, unneeded threads. if you have something to post then do it

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I have two questions:

Do you guys still need more writers for the main page? If so, how can I become one?

I can't create a new group for whatever reason. I created a group a long time ago, but can't do it anymmore. Does anyone know why?

Top Bottom