• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested in joining the Ridley social group, and I understand that I'm supposed to contact the moderator to do so, but I don't know how to go about doing that. So how do I?

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'm interested in joining the Ridley social group, and I understand that I'm supposed to contact the moderator to do so, but I don't know how to go about doing that. So how do I?
Click (or hover over) the mail icon up at the top right of the screen, then click "Start a New Conversation". Insert an appropriate title for your subject ("Ridley Social Group" would work), then type in the name of the mod/user you'd like to send your message to. Ask to join, wait on a response, and then you should be good to go.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Quick question i'm looking for info on when E3 will be streamed, but i'm not sure when. Can someone help me?
E3 is taking place this year around June 16-18th. Not really a site-related question, so this could've been asked anywhere :p

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Don't want to sound impatient, but I helped to count over 300 bob-ombs, yet I didn't receive a trophy. How can I get it?
It's not automatic. I suggest composing a list of those who helped you in getting the count to 300+, then send a PM to @Mic_128 about it. Feel free to include the page numbers as well.

CeLL

Smash Lord
So I guess I'll post it here, not like it's a huge issue lol.
When you try to hyperlink something in a post, if you paste a link too soon after hitting the hyperlink button, it will paste into the message box instead of the hyperlink box, which deselects what you had selected, and freaks out the hyperlink box so you can't close it with any of the three buttons or escape and the only way I figured out to close it was refreshing.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So I guess I'll post it here, not like it's a huge issue lol.
When you try to hyperlink something in a post, if you paste a link too soon after hitting the hyperlink button, it will paste into the message box instead of the hyperlink box, which deselects what you had selected, and freaks out the hyperlink box so you can't close it with any of the three buttons or escape and the only way I figured out to close it was refreshing.
I tried to recreate this and could not. I guess all I can tell you is to slow down. The only time I have ever had an issue with hyperlinks is when I am using my mobile.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Does anyone know the file size limit for avatars?
Unless you're using something really big, you shouldn't hit the file size limit. You can also crop and resize images while uploading them, and it's the size of the file after this is done that determines whether it exceeds the limit. So most of the time, you should have no issues. You can get a surprising amount of detail into ~50 KB.

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
Unless you're using something really big, you shouldn't hit the file size limit. You can also crop and resize images while uploading them, and it's the size of the file after this is done that determines whether it exceeds the limit. So most of the time, you should have no issues. You can get a surprising amount of detail into ~50 KB.
So like, is something over 3mb too much? :(

Also wait, you're saying I can crop them and upload them at the exact same time? HOW?! :O

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
I think he meant you can crop it, then upload it.
Oh. :p

Well that''s sort of what I do anyway because my next act of the Smash History theme is going to be the various wallpapers throughout the series. However, I crop each character in each wallpaper and they're all individual avatars.

Last edited:

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
I've got a silly question, but I've got a thread that I'd like to add the "Meta" tag to the title to make it easier to keep the discussions going on it and prevent alternative threads from popping up but I'm not able to find how to do so when using the search function. (I'm probably using the wrong name for the feature. :glare:) How do I go about doing that?

I've got a character specific stage evaluation thread going using data from the Stage Research threads and player experience to make understanding how to fight on different stages/figuring out tournament picks and such easier but keep seeing one of threads opening up with individual questions on the same topic that wouldn't need to be if they could find my thread. (It gets buried easily) :scared:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Oh. :p

Well that''s sort of what I do anyway because my next act of the Smash History theme is going to be the various wallpapers throughout the series. However, I crop each character in each wallpaper and they're all individual avatars.
Yeah, you can crop out the bit you want, and then upload it. The upload process handles the resizing, though (as in, it will automatically scale down a large image to 150px width), so you can usually leave the image as large as you want.

I've got a silly question, but I've got a thread that I'd like to add the "Meta" tag to the title to make it easier to keep the discussions going on it and prevent alternative threads from popping up but I'm not able to find how to do so when using the search function. (I'm probably using the wrong name for the feature. :glare:) How do I go about doing that?
It would appear you need to be a moderator to do that. Create your thread, and then ask the moderator of that board to add the prefix for you.
(I don't know why, but the "Legality" prefix is available to all users in this board. That seems to be the exception rather than the rule, though.)

ESC Artiste

The One Who Smashes All
NNID
Ember
3DS FC
1435-6612-4647
I don't know if this has been resolved or not, but I cannot find the edit button for my poll. I screwed up by pressing Enter on my keyboard, causing me to place the poll in my thread even though it was incomplete. I know making polls is allowed to any user, but is editing polls only allowed to "higher-ups"?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't know if this has been resolved or not, but I cannot find the edit button for my poll. I screwed up by pressing Enter on my keyboard, causing me to place the poll in my thread even though it was incomplete. I know making polls is allowed to any user, but is editing polls only allowed to "higher-ups"?
Correct. I'd contact a mod or admin to see if it is possible.

Top Bottom