• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Skywalker

Space Jump
I see now. Thanks for the help, Mic. Good luck swatting Typh's Nazi Bees. [Laughs]

forward

Smash Champion
Ballsy maybe, but can we please swear with out being censored? Apparently because we play a kids game we all use kids language or something. However, I believe people can handle the intensity of certain 4 letter words. After thinking about it you may realize, "hey, that guy is right." Most would like to be able to swear, freedom of speech ftw! Under the watchful eyes of the mods, we are forced to be the servants. Thank the mods and leaders that there is no foul language to be seen! Indecent language must be stopped! So as I proposed, can we please swear with out being censored? Anyways, please consider my question. Forgive me if it's a strange request. Anything is better than censor dodging tho. Good day.

subliminal messages rofl

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
No.

Children do visit this site. We're not saing YOU'RE a child, but kids do come here. You should be able to handle not using certain four letter words on a website that's rated "E" for Everyone.

forward

Smash Champion
Well than god bless you mods for keeping the kids of the world safe. Who knows what evil would insue if they were allowed to see such words as **** and ****

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm sure it must be a huge deal to see asterix's instead of words for bodily functions.

forward

Smash Champion
**** ****ing straight it is this **** ****ing sucks **** just because some little ***** *** *****es are afraid some little stupid **** faced **** morons are gonna stumble upon this gay *** **** loving piece of **** excuse for a website and learn some new words **** ya it's annoying

p.s. no ****ing signatures you *******

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
If it bothers you that much leave; no one is forcing you to post here. Go to some other smash forum, or better yet make your own and post there.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
suggestion:
Can you make sigs automatically off in certain places to save us the trouble of turning it off or editing your post if you forget? IE turn it off automatically in Forum Games.

squaminator

Smash Ace
i'd like to see suggestions/questions a forum of its own.
also, could you make it so the forums are viewable in a widescreen format? (lots of wasted space on either side right now)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Is there a way to turn off the new IntelliTEXT or whatever it is advertising? It's been causing some problems for me lately...

BloodyMarth

Smash Journeyman
south part of texas-North mexico (brownsville-mata
Is there a way to turn off the new IntelliTEXT or whatever it is advertising? It's been causing some problems for me lately...
I believe tht quite impossible, since it's part of the website busimess. That or it can be change of place.....who knows.

As for the tipic let me think of a good suggesting. I may edit this.

BloodyMarth

Smash Journeyman
south part of texas-North mexico (brownsville-mata
I believe that's quite impossible, since it's part of the website business. That or it can be change of place.....who knows.

As for the topic let me think of a good suggestion. I may edit this.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
also, could you make it so the forums are viewable in a widescreen format? (lots of wasted space on either side right now)
Try using the Smash Blue or Classic Blue skins.

Skywalker

Space Jump
By being chosen. The more you want to be a Broomer, the less chance you have of being one, so don't think of it and it could happen.
I was just about to post a question on that. . . .

I realize I won't gain access any time soon, but what is the exact criteria for Broom access?

REØ

Smash Lord
^ When a Mod selects you to be a broomer, I guess it's kind of random.

But I thought you had to be a premuim member in order to become one.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
In the past, you could, but those who payed to get in, the majority posted a few times then never posted back there again, so it's been removed from the premium package.

We mods don't pick and choose who goes in (well we do actually) but the BRoomers vote. If there's someone who we think deserves acess, we'll say so, see if anyone else "votes" for against or neutral, then we'll just keep an eye on them. New people aren't admitted often, mainly because we perfer to keep it close knit, since we talk about things that are kind of personal back there (as well as various pranks, ect)

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
what is the exact criteria for Broom access?
Be liked.

That's really all there is. Usually, if someone thinks someone else should be in the Broom, a person will post in a thread about it, and then others will say "Yes, I like that person," or "Wtf? That's guy lame. No.", and whoever shouts louder wins. Or it just ties, and then every month someone posts again, and the same thing happens.

Don't, however, try to become popular by making fun of everyone. Most people see Broomers as comming in here and making fun of everyone, so people try to join in. But, generally, we only make fun of stupid people. Foxpower+ tried that, and everyone hated him.

Edit: God ****it Mic

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Read the rules on the first page, Donut. :)

Will the Premium Mushroom stay the same(Currently red) or will it eventually branch off once again?

Will there be any more openings for avatar submissions?

demonsbane105

Smash Journeyman
What's this reputation list i have in my cp, and how do i give someone else this kind of comment? (sorry, quick reply doesn't have a bold option)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer

Well, if you're having some kind of specific problem, we have the Forum Disputes room. But if not, then this topic has been containing the questions pretty adequately.

Like Fdv said, that only seems to happen with Revolution style.

Rockettrainer said:
Nope, sorry. It's part of our advertising revenue.

XZero BeatX said:
Will the Premium Mushroom stay the same(Currently red) or will it eventually branch off once again?
You'd have to talk to Gid for the specifics, but I'm pretty sure the idea is to just have one level of Premium now, instead of a multi-tiered thing.

XZero BeatX said:
Will there be any more openings for avatar submissions?
We'll probably do another one within the next couple of months at least. That last time was the first time there was a major avatar upgrade in several years, so I don't think there's a need for many more at exactly this moment.

De_Le_Chozo

Smash Apprentice
where all bedlam breaks loose! either that or the
I'm sorry if this is covered already someplace else, but I didn't know what keyword to search for in the search engine!
Why can't I post in the Debate Hall? When I tried, it said I didn't have the privilege. Why not?
Thanks.

EDIT: Taken care of, I don't seem intelligent enough for the Hall, so I'll just ghost-read and hopefully get smarter. . .

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
How do you work this new multi-quote button? Usually I press it and nothing happens even though I resopond to a thread.
Click to the notepad next to the quote button for everything you want to quote, and then click the Quote button for the last one. It should work.

Edit: oh yeah, I'm not supposed to be here

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
To send rep to people, click on the
under someone's profile. It means absolutley nothing though.

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
Is there any way to make quotes that are over a certain length become scroll boxes?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Is there any way to make quotes that are over a certain length become scroll boxes?
I don't think so. That sound more like HTML than vB.

Donutt101 said:
Why is it "absolutely nothing"?

EDIT
In all seriousness, do I post too much?
He just means that it doesn't actually have as much bearing as some people think it does.

And you post 4.41 times a day. If you think that's too much, then post less.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
McSpammer9 here posts 7.29 posts a day. And we once had someone post well over 10 per day.

4? That's not heaps.

Skywalker

Space Jump
I don't think so. That sound more like HTML than vB.

He just means that it doesn't actually have as much bearing as some people think it does.

And you post 4.41 times a day. If you think that's too much, then post less.
McSpammer9 here posts 7.29 posts a day. And we once had someone post well over 10 per day.

4? That's not heaps.
I appreciate the counseling, and now I feel much more resolved.

McFox once said in his/her (not sure) closing posts that he hates it when people reply to many threads at once. I often do that in General Brawl Discussion. Am I on a blacklist now?

I post much more often than a lot of members (I remember one day I made 25), so I'm just hoping I'm not on the wrong side of SmashBoards.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
How did Dodongo go all Modongo in that Uncle Meat thread?
And I read somewhere that Kaos got his rep modified by a mod...

Top Bottom