• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

REØ

Smash Lord
Where does it show how much you post a day? And also I don't understand what the Muilt-Quote does.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Then how is KaoS still allowed at SmashBoards?
Because, like we already mentioned, reputation doesn't have much to do with anything else. We don't ban people for not having rep.

Then why are members with a bad reputation for intentionally making spam threads still here?
Because, like we already mentioned, one spam topic isn't enough to ban someone over, no matter how much people lower their rep for it.

Marth05 said:
Where does it show how much you post a day? And also I don't understand what the Muilt-Quote does.
If you go to your public profile (not your UserCP), it'll be there next to the number of posts you have.

And I've never used Multi-quote, so I can't help you there.

REØ

Smash Lord
Now I understand how to use Multi quotes, about those groups things can you join more than one? Or is there a Limit?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The mushroom that is on a person's profile page says BRoomer, but the one seen when a person posts says Premium Member. Change it, I guess?

Skywalker

Space Jump
Could someone give me detailed description on the system of "Reputation"?

I'm curious . . .:ohwell:

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
how did kaos get -9012 rep points? seriosuly.

im sure he made very dumb threads or posts, but did 1000 peopel just decide to bad rep him from those threads or can the mods and stuff just unload rep points on him like a joke or something?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
:laugh: I got warned for posting my sig in the game room. Now there's a little red card thing next to my post. Can everyone see it, or just me?

forward

Smash Champion
I think we should have different regional moderators, with each room having two mods from that region. This would be much more convenient than having two mods running six different boards of discussion. This is also what they do for the shoryuken.com forums, which is where smashboards even got the idea for regional zones, might as well copy them all the way ya?

Skywalker

Space Jump
How much rep do you have to give to others before repping the same person again?

forward

Smash Champion
I think we should have different regional moderators, with each room having two mods from that region. This would be much more convenient than having two mods running six different boards of discussion. This is also what they do for the shoryuken.com forums, which is where smashboards even got the idea for regional zones, might as well copy them all the way ya?
can someone get back to me on that? has anyone brought it up in your mods only room?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'd appreciate it if someone would answer this.
I would, but I don't actually know. I doubt it's set in stone, and it probably has more to do with how much rep you have vs. them. There's probably no set amount.

forward said:
How long does it take to make people mods?
We can make people mods anytime we want to. But we have to find people we trust and know will do a good job. We don't just mod anybody.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Someone just neg-repped me for posting that question (why?) . . . but I appreciate the help, McFox. :)

Why does SmashBoards often run extremely slowly on my computer? I have a 3 mbps DSL connection, and something's wrong.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Have you checked for Spyware or Adware? I never have any problems running the boards, except on the odd occasion where something's going on with our server (but that's rare).

Skywalker

Space Jump
Other websites work fine, I have avast protection, and I'm using the updated version of Firefox.

forward

Smash Champion
We can make people mods anytime we want to. But we have to find people we trust and know will do a good job. We don't just mod anybody.
Well, I think an easy way to start is by having current mods who partake in regional discussion become mods of their region. Posting in the South forums, I can say I'd be happy with someone like DrDrewtheDragon and my friend B-will. He is on smashboards quite often, is very respectful, and does a very fine job in helping out our community.

I think you could find mods very easily just by asking good players who post in a certain region.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
See, that's the problem. Good smashers don't necessarily make good mods. Some do, but it's not a general rule we're able to follow.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
See, that's the problem. Good smashers don't necessarily make good mods. Some do, but it's not a general rule we're able to follow.

No....that's not what forward meant. What he was saying is that you current mods should ask good players of each region for their opinions on who would make good regional mods. For example: forward. He is one of the best players in the nation as well as a very respectable smasher who has posted in the southwest forums for quite a while, thus he probably having a very good idea who would make good moderators for the southwest forum. I, too, agree that 2-3 moderators who watch over all six regional communities do not suffice and that you really should have regional specific moderators - 2 for each region.

Top Bottom