• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
Ack, forgot I wasn't supposed to post in this thread.

To answer your question, mc-killa doesn't post in the BRoom.

Skywalker

Space Jump
I recieved my first infraction a few minutes ago (minor spam, 1pt.) and I have a couple of questions. :cry:

1. What is the "expiration date?"

2. Why was I immediately given an infraction and not warned?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
1. What is the "expiration date?"
The expiration date is the date that your point will go away. When you get 6 points, you get banned. However, that's not total points you've ever received, it's 6 points at a time. So once your expiration date passes, you'll be back down to 0.

2. Why was I immediately given an infraction and not warned?
It's up to the Mod's discretion what they want to do when someone breaks a rule. If you break one of our rules, then you should receive points. However, with the recent vB uprade, Mods now have the choice of giving someone the warning but without giving them the actual points. Obviously, whoever warned you thought you should get the points so that you don't repeat your mistakes in the future.

EEvisu said:
How do we earn the right to use our own Avatar?
Premium Members can use their own avatars, or you can win one of our contests. We hold contests every once in a while, so keep an eye on the Announcements room.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
1) We aren't Searching for new Mods at this moment. You only made the proposal last week.

2) Gid's busy with some stuff right now, so those are suspended indefinitely.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think we should have different regional moderators, with each room having two mods from that region. This would be much more convenient than having two mods running six different boards of discussion. This is also what they do for the shoryuken.com forums, which is where smashboards even got the idea for regional zones, might as well copy them all the way ya?
I personally think this is a great idea too, forward. Seeing as how the International Community (and maybe the other regional zones too) is/are now being taken over by spam, spam and what...? yeah spam. (Although ruining BF's thread would result in eternal hatred towards me, lol). We DO need some people who know how to handle things though. They should be known players at least in their region, know their stuff about the game itself and visit smashboards frequently in my opinion. Hmm, why do these qualification conditions all point towards me with big arrows? >___<

Anyway, please think it over mods. forward for president.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
2) Gid's busy with some stuff right now, so those are suspended indefinitely.
This applies to making new people mods as well. It's Gideon's forum, and he's kind of busy at the moment, so we're not going to do anything without consulting him first.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I understand that, McFox, I just somehow missed the original post of that quote. Well, all we can do is wait I guess.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
I searched and didn't find anything about this in the FAQ, so...

1) The green boxes under the post count, what do they represent? Are they linked to rep?

2) I wasn't able to find a set of rules as to what would be allowed in the fanfiction/writing section. As long as it fell under the grading system, would it be okay? For example, if someone wanted to write a story with blood and gore, or if it featured homosexuals, if it was rated under T or M depending on the extent, it would still qualify, right?

Thank you for any help. ;)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
1) The boxes are your rep.

2) If you're unsure about a story you want to post, feel free to PM one of the Creative Minds mods. But as long as you tag it appropriately, it's probably okay.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
For the most part, it's 100 points per box. That doesn't apply to each level, but for most of them, you need 100 more points.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
No, you can't pay to be a mod. We choose mods when we have a room that needs them, and that's about it. Obviously, spam is looked down upon, and anyone with a history of being a spammer will not be chosen.

smashman90

Smash Lord
To Donutt: Probably when there is barely anybody at the Debate Hall for a long time.
To McFox: Alright, say for example that a person got a warning and it said it was because of Spam but it was more for double posting than anything. How bad would that affect a person from being a Mod, Broomer, etc.?

Skywalker

Space Jump
A minute ago I sent a PM Crimson King about it, so my request may recieve feedback later today.

Also McFox, I forgot to mention that SmashBoards works fine now. As it turned out, Google Accelerator was somehow making page loads ... sluggish, so I disabled it.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
How am I supposed to possibly answer that? Please, try and only post questions that you actually need help with. This isn't for general "Hey what's up with this?" questions. This topic is for people who actually need help with something.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Sorry about that. But now I am starting to get tired of listening of people asking about when it will be back up. And I only see a few solutions to that problem.
A. Start giving out warnings about it.
B. Give out an estimated time of when it will come out.
C. Just close the Rpg
D. Open up the Rpg despite if it is incomplete.

And yes A-D were suggestions.

Skywalker

Space Jump
I have a couple of questions about name changes in the Premium Membership.

Do I automatically get one name change per membership ordered?

Can I give one friend a name change and also give one to myself?

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
How am I supposed to possibly answer that? Please, try and only post questions that you actually need help with. This isn't for general "Hey what's up with this?" questions. This topic is for people who actually need help with something.
What's the weather like in Louisiana?

What's your favourite colour?

How do you like your eggs?

My friend said that you like a girl. Is that true?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
who created the WWYP forum?
Technically I made the forum, although it was Scav and the other WWYP guys' idea.

Donutt101 said:
Do I automatically get one name change per membership ordered?

Can I give one friend a name change and also give one to myself?
As of now, name changes aren't offered with Premium Membership, a change that was enacted when the various levels of Premiumness were squashed into one. However, if it's REALLY important to you that you get your name changed, I might do it anyone just for helping out the site.

Fdv said:
What's the weather like in Louisiana?

What's your favourite colour?

How do you like your eggs?

My friend said that you like a girl. Is that true?
1) Crappy.

2) Red.

3) Scrambled.

3) Starting Wednesday, yes.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Why is it that so many people are asking about when the Smash RPG will be back?
Because they want it back. DUH.

Also, the best way to be a mod/Broomer is not to care. You ask to be one/have your friend be one, the chances of that person being one gets drastically reduced.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because they want it back. DUH.

Also, the best way to be a mod/Broomer is not to care. You ask to be one/have your friend be one, the chances of that person being one gets drastically reduced.
I may be warned for this but I think that is the stupidest concept ever. How can you justify such a rule? If a person, who is more than capable of being part of the broom or is more than qualified for a mod position and shows incredible interest in becoming one, shouldn't he/she be considered more highly for becoming a broomer or a mod? Futhermore, if a peer suggests that the said person is capable of becoming a mod and/or broomer, shouldn't that furthermore increase his chances, for it shows credibility? Why would you penalize a well qualified candidate for simply expressing interest?

To me, it's analogous to one applying for a job. A qualified candidate is going to go out and seek employment; they aren't just going to sit around and expect corporations to come to him/her. If they did that, they wouldn't get anywhere. If one wants something, he/she is going to pursue it.

"The chances of that person being one gets drastically reduced." To reiterate, that is the most rediculous rule ever and I hope you can give me a satisfying answer as to why you go by that. There are guys out there who have proven to be spam free, to help the community, and to be avid smashers who will never get a chance to become a broomer and/or mod because of the fact that they can't voice out their qualifications because of your irrational rule and thus will be overlooked.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I may be warned for this but I think that is the stupidest concept ever. How can you justify such a rule? If a person, who is more than capable of being part of the broom or is more than qualified for a mod position and shows incredible interest in becoming one, shouldn't he/she be considered more highly for becoming a broomer or a mod? Futhermore, if a peer suggests that the said person is capable of becoming a mod and/or broomer, shouldn't that furthermore increase his chances, for it shows credibility? Why would you penalize a well qualified candidate for simply expressing interest?
Because we would be flooded with "Can I be a broomer/mod" requests all the time. When WE want a mod, WE will go looking. Don't call us, we'll call you. And it's not a RULE rule, just a fact. You keep bugging us to get in the BRoom/Staffer Shack, the higher chance we'll find you annoying.

Top Bottom