• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
All of the advertisements look like tiny grey rectangles inside large black rectangles to me.

shiekmyster

Smash Cadet
can we have a point system??? like the more you post, host vids, contribute, you get points. then we can buy stuff from the store like to change your username color, the user title, can ban people for a day, change others titles...theres another furom that has this idea....please consider!

Matt

Banned via Administration
Nah, that would never work. We've got specific name colors for specific purposes, we can't just have everyone picking their own colors. And banning people for a day? That would be abused so much. I mean, I can barely resist banning people every day just because their English is poor, and I'm a trusted moderator!

If you want the power to change your name and title and such, become a premium member or a moderator. And if you want "points," make good posts and we'll rep you and everyone knows rep is the most important thing in the world of all time ever.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
We had "points" per post for the RPG and boy did the forum pay for it. People spammed like there was no tomorow.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
They're saying that if you get banned, you'll find out later if it goes away, because, you go t banned.

I felt sorry for the litlle guy :(

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Pico2 said:
If I got a temportily ban will the warning resets? :confused:
When the warning points expire (I think 14 days is the Max for a temp ban) you will show as recieving warnings in the past, but not having any "active" warnings.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Can the rep system be hacked so you can de-rep banned people like magar, so when they come back they have a slew of insults in their user CP to look forward to?

Okay not seriously, but my first question was never enswered and I didn't want to make a post just to ask it again?

jazblack009

Smash Ace
It wasn't just my computer?
Oh ****... maybe i shouldn't have got the hammer out >.<

yeh those little stars bleeped out the word d a m n
o.O thats offensive?

D-20 Dice

Smash Ace
Pico2 said:
If you get banned does the IP Adress you used get banned as well?
I can't translate the rest, my noob speak translator does have it's limits. But I think that was his main question. Unless you'd rather have HIM translate it then I'll just edit this post(did that last part make sense?).

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
IP Bans are only really enforced when you do something completly ******** like spam the hell out of the place with multiple accounts.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Does the censor randomly malfunction? I've been going around the forums and seeing random curse words that aren't bleeped out.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Replace the rank "smash n00b" with something less abusive, or get rid of "post ranks" alltogether.

I recently came into contact with two new members of smashboards, and they were commenting how it's "kind of elitist and ***-y(?)". Even though n00b isn't meant to be deragatory to new members, I assume many of them take it that way, especially when going through the forums and getting bashed because they don't know anything (:() and then assume it's because of their rank.

Rank upgrades (Smash Lord, etc.) are only further catalysts for post spamming, and are unnessecary, really. But I don't expect that to happen.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Is there any way to view a preview of the member exclusive skin?
The skin may be my sell point for a sapphire membership, so I'm curious.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Wenbobular said:
Does the censor randomly malfunction? I've been going around the forums and seeing random curse words that aren't bleeped out.
The censor works fine, but some people have found ways to dodge the censor, which is against the rules.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Typh said:
Rank upgrades (Smash Lord, etc.) are only further catalysts for post spamming, and are unnessecary, really. But I don't expect that to happen.
Lets also get rid of post counts, avatars and diferent names, that way new people won't be feeling new.

Maybe is Smash N00b was changed to Smash Newb, but I don't see any reason to remove it totally.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Like I said, it's kind of extreme. I would endorse n00b changing to newb, though.

Top Bottom