• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Hmm...Why is the Revolution forum skin less flexible than the others, fitting the full screen only on an 800x600 resolution? Was it just designed solely around that resolution? On any higher resolution the width of the body stays constant and only the striped background is larger. I'm not really saying you need to fix this because it's really not a problem. I just wanted to know, and to know if you knew.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yes, IF you do it in the existing SSBR topic currently located in Melee Discussion. Don't post it anywhere else.

As for you Resting, I have no idea how the different styles are made. Kirby King or Gid can probably answer your question.

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
Resting_Fox said:
Hmm...Why is the Revolution forum skin less flexible than the others, fitting the full screen only on an 800x600 resolution? Was it just designed solely around that resolution? On any higher resolution the width of the body stays constant and only the striped background is larger. I'm not really saying you need to fix this because it's really not a problem. I just wanted to know, and to know if you knew.
It will have been designed around that resolution. In the style sheet editor, whoever designed the style will have put a pixel value, around 800 pixels, instead of what default vB stlyes do, which is to give a percentage, like 95%.

It should be easy "fix". I can't really say as I have no idea how this style was put together.

Zenith

Smash Ace
How do u get dynamic signatures? I have a small video I want as my sig, It's an AVI document. How can I make it my sig?

.wonk

Smash Cadet
Zenith said:
How do u get dynamic signatures? I have a small video I want as my sig, It's an AVI document. How can I make it my sig?
You have to turn it into an animated gif. Or at least that is what I did for mine... The only way I know to do that is to slow down your movie about 2 or 3 times and alt print screen each frame into an animated gif program. But this takes a long, long time... There may be an easier way that I don't know of, but I don't think there is...

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
If you want to know about making signatures, animated gifs, or anything like that, check out the Artwork Emporium. The members in there should be able to help you.

.wonk

Smash Cadet
D-20 Dice said:
How come you have to post at least 10 characters in a message?
Because it is really annoying to others when people post, "k" or "cool" or something like that. Personally, I think even ten characters is very small ammount and you should try to make your posts at least five times as many. (Or ten times... >_> )

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
How come the pokemon only go up to 99? I want mew!:001::004::007:
Edit: The box that shows what is on the first post when you place your courser over the thread should stay up longer.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Gid only had the images up to 99. If you've got them, send him a PM. He made a topic in the Pokecenter when we got the new smileys asking if anyone had/wanted the others.

BetaGamer

Smash Cadet
To Gumby701- McFox is the clan grounds leader, and Kirby King is leader of the RPG Discussion. However they are both Admins and can do whatever they please.

To Blitzer- What kind of account? If you want a new username, yes. If you want a new RPG character, yes- but you have to create a new username. One RPG character per user.

Yoshi in Style

Smash Apprentice
How do you delete your account? I already made a new one, but I hate my first username. (this one)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just stop using it and use your new one.

I'd tell Foxpower off for answering questions when it's in the rules that only mods answer questions, but he just knows so much more about making new usernames.

blitzer21

Smash Apprentice
CANADA! Got It Memorized? Join Blade Beamers!
I don't like my name so i want a new account but every time i log out and go to register it says, " you are already registered as ..." and i can't figure out how to stop that. and not to mention i can't get this off of the rpg skin. and who lowered my rep?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Try going Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete cookies. I seem to remember having that problem where I couldn't log out before. Also, to change your skin, at the very bottom of every page there's a little bar that lets you change it.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
No, not really. It's cool to have 6 bars, but it doesn't really mean anything. Destiny Smasher is a cool guy, and he only has one bar of rep.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Rep is a fun thing. It's mostly to compliment (or criticize) people on a post. It means little overall, though negative rep will typically reflect on how you quality is.

Let's try to keep this with the forum leaders, please. I know people like Eor knows a good bit of the boards, but it just opens to the door for misquotes on a question. Just a suggestion anyway.

Zenith

Smash Ace
Wut is Paypal?

I'm interested in getting a premium account and I don't understand.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Quoted from the Wikipedia:

PayPal is an Internet business which allows the transfer of money between email users and merchants, avoiding traditional paper methods such as checks/cheques and money orders. PayPal also performs payment processing for e-commerce vendors, auction sites, and other corporate users, for which they charge a fee.
Like it says, it's a way of using money online without having to send traditional paper currency or checks or anything to the person you're paying.

Here's the page about it, if you're interested.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Pay Pal is a program that allows you to basically use a credit card but without giving your number. Many, many merchants use it, but they do require a valid Credit Card number and cash on it, so yea.

O.R.

Smash Rookie
My Qustion is....

WHICH FORUM SHOULD I GO TO IN ORDER TO BECOME A BETTER PLAYER AND MAKE A NAME FOR MYSELF?

I am Really new and want some friends. And I REALLY REALLY would like to become a better player

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
If you're looking for all things SSBM, check out Melee Discussion. You can improve your game by looking in the Character Specific forums. To see what tournaments are going on in your area, check the Tournaments Discussion room or the Regional Area room which applies to you. Also, check out Video Discussion for some quality vids of the best SSBM players on the planet.

If you really want to get good, play people that are better than you. That's the best way. Try and hook up with some smashers in your area, or if there are none here, make your own crew out of your friends.

Hope that helps.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
While we're on the subject of Avatars.

Can you [the admins] open more of the avatars to n00bs, journeyman, and apprentices when the new ones are added? Sort of on a trickle down basis. Or maybe even eliminate the Avatar unlocking system entirely?

Not only because it encourages spam, but because it's somewhat confusing having so many n00bs using the same avatars. And it will definitely get worse with the influx or people after Smash 3 is revealed.

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
Jeopardy style.

Is reputation effected by the ammount of reputation the person giving you the +/- reputation has? Is it used to show approval or disproval to a user's comments without having to post?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Wiisting_Fox said:
Can you [the admins] open more of the avatars to n00bs, journeyman, and apprentices when the new ones are added? Sort of on a trickle down basis. Or maybe even eliminate the Avatar unlocking system entirely?
We're aware of this problem. Me and Kiki will be working on it.

Wiigen said:
How does reputation actually work?
You click the scale at the bottom-left of a person's post that you want to assign rep to. You can choose either positive or negative rep, and give a reason.

Uncle Wiit said:
Is reputation effected by the ammount of reputation the person giving you the +/- reputation has? Is it used to show approval or disproval to a user's comments without having to post?
I think that the more rep you have, the more it affects who you in turn rep, but I'm not positive. Someone will have to back that up.

To your second question, yes. If you rep somebody's post, the type (+ or -) appears in their UserCP along with the reason you gave. In addition, if they click the rep, it will bring them back to the post that was repped. So it's a way to tell somebody "good job" or, alternately, "you suck" without actually posting about it.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
And don't think it's a way you can bash/flame someone, as we can find who sent what rep.

Top Bottom