• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
meleeruler said:
I think orange or brown would be a good debater color.
Maybe orange but brown seems a little too dull, think about it. Cyan stands out(which is the whole point, somewhat) and lightblue seems appealing to the majority while also recembling our current light color, pink, which is adored by all. :)

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
I suggest a question that the Broom is exactly like MENSA.

By that I mean is that all they do is go on littlee picnics together.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
We have come up with a sentance that should explain everything the BRoom stands for, but sinse some poeple might not want to be shocked, so I've spoilered it.

Mind your own business.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't remember if, where, or when I posted this, but here we go anyway:

What ever happened to top postbit? It was the coolest thing ever. I set it to top, but it stays left. I always thought it was awesome.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
I dunno, actually. It worked for awhile, then we changed something and it stopped working. I was kinda surprised since I was the one who set it up, but I never figured out why it wouldn't work. Maybe the next upgrade we make it'll go back to working?

Matt

Banned via Administration
Oh, come on, Duke! I am not some man-***** who has sex on the first date! Wait, do handjobs count?

But in all seriousness, yes, there are contests or something. I won't pretend to know.

And let's try to keep this topic serious. This will be the only time I ever say that.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Uncle Meat said:
What was top postbit?
The "postbit" is the information to the left of all the posts. The poster's avatar, post count, online status, etc. Top postbit is the option where all of that stuff appears above each post instead of to the left of it.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
honestly, If someones question is "How do you bold text" then will their question ever get answered?

EDIT: Holy crap, matt, I went from -31 to -21. Thats a whole 10 points worth of coolness. Man, I should offer service to moderators more often.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Spamming this topic is NOT a good idea.

Read the first post before replying.

The sponsers are perfectly legit. Gid even said, when they first arrived, you will get the free stuff it says. But, usually, you will have to complete the incentive offers.

Dead Hippie

Smash Cadet
I have a question regarding admission into the Debate Hall. I am well aware of the current procedures that have been put in place by The Crimson King. I must submit an application via personal message and if approved I am granted entry. However, just being instructed to submit an application seems a little vague. So my question is as follows:

What should I include in my application?

I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your time.

Zenith

Smash Ace
How can I become a Tournament Director?
Is there certain qualifications I must meet?

Sorry but my bold isn't workin right now (computer problems).

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Dead Hippie said:
I have a question regarding admission into the Debate Hall. I am well aware of the current procedures that have been put in place by The Crimson King. I must submit an application via personal message and if approved I am granted entry. However, just being instructed to submit an application seems a little vague. So my question is as follows:

What should I include in my application?

I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your time.
Step 1. Click User CP at the top.
Step 2. Click Group Memberships on the left under Miscellaneous.
Step 3. Join the Debaters group that way.
Step 4. Submit a PM with a 5 paragraph essay on a topic of your choice. The topic can be ANYTHING, but you have to prove your point in an intelligent and articulate way. Also, take it seriously, as many people will be upset if their opinions aren't respected in the room. Even though it's the interent, people have strong opinions and ideas.

Hope that helps.

Lange

Smash Journeyman
How are staff elected on this site? What requirements do you have to meet to be a canidate for becoming a staff member?

What do I mean by this question is basically the system of adding new staff members, and what things members have done in the past to be more likely to get the position.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Zenith said:
How can I become a Tournament Director?
Is there certain qualifications I must meet?
Step 1. Click User CP at the top.
Step 2. Click Group Memberships on the left under Miscellaneous.
Step 3. Join the Debaters group that way.
Step 4. I think you need to provide a link to the topic about the tournament you're running.

Lange said:
How are staff elected on this site? What requirements do you have to meet to be a canidate for becoming a staff member?

What do I mean by this question is basically the system of adding new staff members, and what things members have done in the past to be more likely to get the position.
Step 1. Don't ask to be one.
Step 2. Post intelligently, be helpful, ect ect.

If we need one, a topic is made in the Staffer shack and mods post names of posible candidates. When we agree on someone, Gid sends them a PM offering them the position.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Are Mic_Fox and McFox the same person? I can't tell as they both have the same signature, title, avatar, and 10,000+ posts...not to mention similar screen name :dizzy:

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
EDIT: On second thought, I probably shouldn't post.

EDIT2: Where did the delete post function go?

It was here for a bit, then it disappeared.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Mic_Fox is Mic_128 with a name change. He's copying me, the faker.

And I didn't realize that it was an option at any time Uncle Meat. Our official policy is that no post gets deleted, only edited or, in the case of topics, sent to the Rubbish Bin.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
The delete-a-post thing was a quirk that was in place for people who joined the Smash Writers group. You're no longer a member of that group, and members of that group can no longer delete their posts anyway.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
McFox said:
Mic_Fox is Mic_128 with a name change. He's copying me, the faker.
I was here first McFox9. I just.....went to the future to make my account....yeah.

I'm still disapointed Kirby King made me keep the _. I wanted MicFox. :(

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Mic_128 said:
I was here first McFox9. I just.....went to the future to make my account....yeah.

I'm still disapointed Kirby King made me keep the _. I wanted MicFox. :(
...Did Kirby King make you change your screen name back to Mic_128 too? :dizzy: I are confused...what's the hierarchy?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The hierarchy is Gid>Kirby King, McFox, Amo>SMods>Mods>FDV>Everyone else

And **** you McFox. I know it was you!

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
McFox could change someones name, change his name to be their name, edit their post with that name and then change the names back and no one would be any the wiser.

Boy howdy.

McFox is the coolest.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
I know it's sort of unecesasry, but is it possible to have a third option for neutral rep?

If vBulletin doesn't support it then whatever, but I still think there should be a way to leave small comments in rep without having to sway a persons total rep one way or the other. Mostly, it'd be good to tell n00bs to wise up without giving them the stigma of 'the red box'.

EDIT for Uncle Meat: Well then you might as well reply to the topic. If you want it to be visible. Rep should stay private so as not to humiliate people any more than than maknig a bad post already does.

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
Also, making rep comments on a post visable might encourage good posting. It would also set an example for other posters, showing them what isn't acceptable.

Top Bottom