• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Please don't answer questions if you're not staff.

The list is pretty much right though. There's also quite a few other titles/postbit icons etc. that change your title etc.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I noticed that Ndayday and Old Man Grey have yellow names that are lighter than the normal ones what group membership is that and what do they do?

ndayday

BRoomer
It's the Itty Bitty Welcoming Committee!
We psuedo-mod this board and answer questions.

Along with anyone with a

Elder Sister

Smash Lord
alright, thanks. i was just concerned about protocol and stuff...like, should i pm it to someone when i finish it, and if so, who? i can see that regular people (:workshop:) are able to post threads in the IBWC forum now, but i dont wanna do something without permission from you guys...and i just realized that my original post was very poorly worded :/
If you're willing to do this ... tips and tricks list, then go for it :D
I'd suggest that you send the finished list to one of us (IBWC) and then we decide whether it will get it's own thread or if we just update the User Guide~

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So you've been permanently banned. Whether or not it was your fault, what could you do from here to get Admins or Senators to review your case and think about your return to the boards? I'm not talking about getting banned on major offenses (Posting explicit material, getting 100 points total in infractions, etc), but something occurs like 2 members flaming each other to the point that it could be deemed as harassment and/or threat instances and you super ban both of them to maintain enclosure within the boards. I'd also feel better if an Administrator or Senator answered this question, no offense to the Mods in general.

Frown

poekmon
So you've been permanently banned. Whether or not it was your fault, what could you do from here to get Admins or Senators to review your case and think about your return to the boards? I'm not talking about getting banned on major offenses (Posting explicit material, getting 100 points total in infractions, etc), but something occurs like you and another member flaming each other to the point that it could be deemed as harassment and/or threat instances and you super ban both of them to maintain enclosure within the boards. I'd also feel better if an Administrator or Senator answered this question, no offense to the Mods in general.
I've had this happen to a member once, and he was advised to make a second account and just make a single post in Forum Support and hope for the best.

But as you say, it would be nice if an admin could confirm this.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Why did they shut it down in the first place anyways? I keep hearing that it was shut down, but never why :/
It wasn't 'shut down' as much as 'we moved servers and it broke during the transfer and MLG never got around to making it work again'

So you've been permanently banned. Whether or not it was your fault, what could you do from here to get Admins or Senators to review your case and think about your return to the boards? I'm not talking about getting banned on major offenses (Posting explicit material, getting 100 points total in infractions, etc), but something occurs like 2 members flaming each other to the point that it could be deemed as harassment and/or threat instances and you super ban both of them to maintain enclosure within the boards. I'd also feel better if an Administrator or Senator answered this question, no offense to the Mods in general.
I've had this happen to a member once, and he was advised to make a second account and just make a single post in Forum Support and hope for the best.

But as you say, it would be nice if an admin could confirm this.
Pretty much this. They can make a new account for the sole purpose of only posting in forum support. If they start posting elsewhere with it unless specified, that won't help em at all.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Pretty much this. They can make a new account for the sole purpose of only posting in forum support. If they start posting elsewhere with it unless specified, that won't help em at all.
After posting in the Forum Support, if they provide a sufficient plead, on the instance that it's approved, what action is taken? Is he allowed to use is newly created account as if it were the same? Or is his old account unlocked? I highly doubt the latter due to permanent bans being indefinite. Or, so i've heard.

Another question that pertains to the same subject: If your account cannot be recovered and is banned indefinitely, if you are granted permission to fully utilize your new account, can anything be transferred? Like Premium balances? I ask this because i thought bought Premium was non-refundable.

ndayday

BRoomer
Well we don't have access to the Mod room or whatever, and we don't sport red usernames. We can't infract you guys either, just delete posts.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
If I remember correctly mods can post youtube videos (What was that called? Where one post YouTube videos without posting the link?) Can you guys do that, or is it just deleting posts?

Sorry for all the questions I am just curious.

ndayday

BRoomer
Well actually HTML has been disabled all-around last I heard.
I saw some mod posts with [yt] tags though (no we can't do that either).

It's wacky-sad btw.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Nah, we can't do anything cool.
Ah, as this thread is also a suggestions thread, I would like to make a formal suggestion to the staff of the World Smash Forums to give the Itty Bitty welcoming committee the power to embed (Is that the right word?) YouTube videos into the forums. I really do not see a reason as to why the Itty Bitty welcoming committee should not have the aforementioned power.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend

Ah, as this thread is also a suggestions thread, I would like to make a formal suggestion to the staff of the World Smash Forums to give the Itty Bitty welcoming committee the power to embed (Is that the right word?) YouTube videos into the forums. I really do not see a reason as to why the Itty Bitty welcoming committee should not have the aforementioned power.
It would be nice, however; there would be no purpose for an IBWC member to have it. Our job is different than that of moderators. Our resources do not require the use of Youtube embeds, therefore; having that privilege would only be recreational for us, which would have been cool beans.

Furthermore, if we are given permissions that moderators have, then a few users will see fit to wanting to become apart of the IBWC for those particular reasons.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i only came because heartz paid me to.

can i embed?

apparently not?

yay i can

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
After posting in the Forum Support, if they provide a sufficient plead, on the instance that it's approved, what action is taken? Is he allowed to use is newly created account as if it were the same? Or is his old account unlocked? I highly doubt the latter due to permanent bans being indefinite. Or, so i've heard.

Another question that pertains to the same subject: If your account cannot be recovered and is banned indefinitely, if you are granted permission to fully utilize your new account, can anything be transferred? Like Premium balances? I ask this because i thought bought Premium was non-refundable.
There's no definet answer I can give, it's really a case by case basis.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
It would be nice, however; there would be no purpose for an IBWC member to have it. Our job is different than that of moderators. Our resources do not require the use of Youtube embeds, therefore; having that privilege would only be recreational for us, which would have been cool beans.

Furthermore, if we are given permissions that moderators have, then a few users will see fit to wanting to become apart of the IBWC for those particular reasons.
Oh, I guess you are right about that unfortunately.

Frown

poekmon
Then why can't users be allowed to use [yt]-tags too?
Because of reasons similar to those of HTML powers. While normal users could use yt-tags, there's also the small precentage who would use it for no good, like spammers and adbots. To be safe, the function is restricted to mods only.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
What if it was available to premium members? For one, the people who want to abuse it will be few and far between (but yes exist). While annoying to punish normally, by at least requiring them to buy premium membership you are getting a share of money out of them. I'm fairly sure that premium members are more responsible with their account than non-premium simply because they have spent money on the account and if it gets banned they are out that money. By making it premium members only (and staff, off course), you cant get spammers who just make new accounts to keep spamming.

[yt] tags could make it much easier for people who are making tournament video threads as well as just showing a video in character threads or social threads.

ndayday

BRoomer
It's not last I checked, but your post does have to exceed a certain pixel height/width for it to display, and some rooms auto-turn them off (dgames).

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I bought a premium account on Thursday the 13th, and I've yet to have anything change for me. How long does it take for the premium to take effect?

Edit: I got the email confirmation/receipt from Paypal as soon as I bought the premium on here, just in case that matters.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
They are having a problem with Premium membership

post about it in forum support with a screencap of your confirmation, and they'll take care of it manually.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
Is it possible to let us ignore mods, please.

Just make it so that the ignore doesn't come in effect in the forum where said person is a mod in or something.

Seriously.

Also make the ignore atleast useful and not something that draws even more attention to the posts.

Top Bottom