• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Zeroxius

Smash Lord
Hello. I am a regular visitor of this awesome board, but my schedule has recently gotten very busy. I just got an android powered smartphone, and the only free time I have regularly is away from my PC at home.

I know that Smashboards has a mobile site, but I would like to use an app called Tapatalk. I tried to connect to smashboards through tapatalk, but a forum admin must activate the site for it to be able to be accessed from Tapatalk.

Can I get a forum admin to activate Smashboards on Tapatalk so I can browse from the Tapatalk mobile app? Here's a link to the website:

http://www.tapatalk.com/

Thank you.

Edit: Another reason why I want this app instead of the mobile app is that the app pushes notifications faster than my email. It's faster to get my information.
Any news on this? I'm hoping it can be done.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I'd love to post a blog now, so I was wondering about this validation error I'm getting.

This keeps showing up when I quick submit or preview: "Validation error, please try again. If this error persists, please contact the site administrator".

What can cause this?

Edit - If the answer is to contact an administrator, I will not be pleased. :mad088:

Final Edit - I don't know why that worked, but it did! Thanks a lot! :bee:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Any news on this? I'm hoping it can be done.
Mic said he'd take it to the staffer shack, so the staff is probably still looking at it. I'd ask Mic about it, I don't know how often he checks this thread.

What can cause this?
Copy whatever you've typed before so you don't lose it if it fails, and then try submitting. If it gives you the error, leave that page and try again. Should work.

No idea what causes it.

Artmgjr

Smash Rookie
This might sound like a stupid question, but I'm new here and really want to put stages. How do you upload stages here, because when I click "Add stage" it takes me to a download menu area, unlike the "Add album" which takes you to a direct upload. On the page the "Add stage" button takes me to, I also cant find anywhere to upload a stage there either.

ndayday

BRoomer
You can't upload stages, it's been down for a while, same with pictures.

ndayday

BRoomer
Yes.
The blame Nday for all problems with SWF uploader has been down for a while though, so sorry.

Darkspines22

Smash Cadet
The chat thing won't open for me- it just says "mumbo jumbo (text)-trusted-something-error"
how do i fix this?

On this one popl up (the third one, to be exact) of it asking me if i wanted to trust it, i said no to this one. This is probably why it is happening. Can I fix this? ._.

ndayday

BRoomer
Will they ever fix it so we can upload images, stage, and etc up? Or they gave up on it?
At this point I doubt it. It's been down since 08'. Who knows though.

The chat thing won't open for me- it just says "mumbo jumbo (text)-trusted-something-error"
how do i fix this?

On this one popl up (the third one, to be exact) of it asking me if i wanted to trust it, i said no to this one. This is probably why it is happening. Can I fix this? ._.
Mine's the same way actually.
The chat is dead anyway, as in, no one uses it. A lot of people don't even know it exists, apparently.

edit: It came back shortly after I erased my internet history etc.
And yup it's completely empty.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
It's on the list of things to get done, but I think those are things that we need MLG Tech to actually do.
Gotcha. It is a shame it has been down for quite sometime. I had a bunch of good images as well as some decent stages I wanted to upload on the profile. Nothing to do but patiently wait it out. Thanks for the reply.

T.testLP

Smash Cadet
Okay, so we've tried this a lot, but unsucessful so far, but could you please change all links of SmashWiki to http://www.ssbwiki.com/? The wiki has joined the Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance (if that's how it means) and is currently independent. The majority of the userbase have moved there, and the old SmashWikia left behind is pretty much filled with unorganized and outdated information.

Also, Wikia's default new skin looks horrible.

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask this here, but I'll give it a try :p.

Is there a Premium Member out there willing to prank me and give me a pink name? I'd appreciate it a lot! If I shouldn't ask this, please tell me, I'll edit it :x.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
This thread isn't really for things like that. You should ask someone you know who has premium (mushroom by the name) and see if they'll do it for you.

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
Because, I want it @_@

Also, if you have smilies off, does that mean you can't see smilies in any post? And when you post nobody people still see smilies depending on their settings?

(Sorry for n00b question, i've been so.. distracted nowadays *Check custom title*)

Toomai

Smash Ace
Okay, so we've tried this a lot, but unsucessful so far, but could you please change all links of SmashWiki to http://www.ssbwiki.com/? The wiki has joined the Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance (if that's how it means) and is currently independent. The majority of the userbase have moved there, and the old SmashWikia left behind is pretty much filled with unorganized and outdated information.

Also, Wikia's default new skin looks horrible.
Shall I repeat this request until it's decided that SmashBoards doesn't want to be affiliated with a dictatorial [noun]-hole?

(yes, I'm annoyed)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
No we aren't going to include anything that shows what curse words are used because we are trying to discourage the use of curse words all together.

On your Smash wiki concern, I don't know.

If you turn off smileys

you would see : ) instead of :) and the like.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Its basically for people with slow internet connections or browse from phones and want to save as much bandwidth as possible.

... or people who just hate them (idk how you can:?::rotfl::tired::smash::colorful::demon: :joyful::joyful::eek::evil::snake:)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
For a question of my own, would it be possible to have an automatic reminder for when my premium service is going to expire? I bought a year of it, but i dont even remember what month it was in anymore lol.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
For a question of my own, would it be possible to have an automatic reminder for when my premium service is going to expire? I bought a year of it, but i dont even remember what month it was in anymore lol.
You can check your Premium expiration date by going to User CP > Premium Membership. It tells you both of the dates of when the Premium Membership started and when it will end.

Thino

Smash Master
I see some normal members with custom titles , are they just premium members allowed to keep their custom titles after their premium membership expires or is there a way for normal members to get a custom title?

also Ive seen a member with a negative post count , how do you get it , and how is it possible to do on vBulletin , as I'm admin on another forum and I would like to do it ,but when I set post counts to a negative value , the post count is displayed as 0

ndayday

BRoomer
Yes, the people are allowed to keep their custom titles after Premium membership.

The negative postcount is just for that particular member, other people can't get it.
I'd ask Xiivi or someone on how to do it, unless you want to wait for an admin to eventually answer you here.

Thino

Smash Master
The negative postcount is just for that particular member, other people can't get it.
I'd ask Xiivi or someone on how to do it, unless you want to wait for an admin to eventually answer you here.
There's no hurry , so I guess I can wait

thanks for the reply :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
In regards to the negative postcount, that was for a guy who kept spamming to raise his post count, so we set his up that instead of posts increasing his postcount, they'd decrease it. If you're wanting to get that in the forum you admin, contact Kirby King, he's the one who set it up, think it was a custom plugin of some kind.

Thino

Smash Master
In regards to the negative postcount, that was for a guy who kept spamming to raise his post count, so we set his up that instead of posts increasing his postcount, they'd decrease it. If you're wanting to get that in the forum you admin, contact Kirby King, he's the one who set it up, think it was a custom plugin of some kind.
thank you for your reply , I have a member like that on my forum but could only set him to 0

aperez

Smash Rookie
SSB64 online

can i play SSB64 online using mupen64 on my macbook pro?, not running windows though.

ndayday

BRoomer
Thank you, you two.

But still mind the thread title. :scared:

Top Bottom