• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Villains Smash Bros. (Super Smash Baddies)

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. 45
2. 60

Job 5:Bowser's Castle (Super Mario)

images.jpeg

Bowser's Castle is the reocurring place of Mario series,Bowser's castle as a stage would be a two hard platforms with a bridge,tha stage has lava for the characters taking damage and a moving platform and the background is inside the bowser's castle.

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
Job #5: World Bowser (Super Mario 3D World)

World Bowser is the final story world of Super Mario 3D World, standing out from the other lairs of Bowser, being like a amusement park themed after Bowser. The layout would be that the villain's would fight on a platform that travels through the theme park, going through The Bowser Express, The Great Tower of Bowser Land, and more. Plus cameos from Motely Bossblob and the Hissocrat's will be seen in the background.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Eggman Lair - Flying Battery Zone

You start out on the floor of Mushroom Hill, but then an onscreen arrow prompts you to jump onto the platform in the above Flying Battery airship to avoid being left on the ground and blast zoned, similarly to Halberd. You stay on the exterior of the Flying Battery on this same platform, hovering platforms occasionally appear on the sides of it. Sometimes the Flying Battery goes into a cloud, and everything becomes dark and stormy - also, Cluckers appear in the background and shoot slow-flying, low-damage, high-hitstun eggs at random opponents. Don't worry, though, they disappear when the storm passes after about a minute or so. If hazards are off, the takeoff sequence is gone, Cluckers do not appear, the hovering platforms stay still (like Kalos) and the stage will randomly have clear or stormy skies.

I'll have a Bowser lair in tomorrow probably

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Alright here are the results of the villains voting:
Kamek 0
M. Bison 37
Dracula 16
Ghost Gang 25
Black Shadow 0
Mr. X 0
Big Boss 1
Gruntilda 4
DJ Octavio 14
Porky 3
Dr. Wily 14
Geese 5

So M. Bison and ghost gang will be added!

So the general consensus seems to be that we‘ll add items but not have ones related to heroes. Items will be handled later but now we’ll vote on roster size. Here are our options for the roster size:
So just vote for your two most wanted options here. You can vote for your own submission in this particular job.

My votes:
1. 45
2. 42

Job #5: Submit A Lair For Bowser And/Or Eggman
To fit with the villain theme stages will be called lairs! They don’t actually have to be villain’s lairs, that will just be a name here. Anyways we’ll decide the number of lairs and which ones will return from Ultimate but for now we need some for our characters added by default! Please submit a stage from Mario and Sonic that are at least somewhat partially connected to Bowser or Eggman. Since Bowser’s Castle will probably be what people submit it’s fine if you submit multiple versions of it if there’s some of differences between them. Please submit a location, the layout, and any other details.
You forgot my submission of 64 characters.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. 45
2. 60

Bowser's Kingdom (Super Mario Odyssey)

Traveling stage through the different sections. Different hazards for each section.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Alright here are the results of the villains voting:
Kamek 0
M. Bison 37
Dracula 16
Ghost Gang 25
Black Shadow 0
Mr. X 0
Big Boss 1
Gruntilda 4
DJ Octavio 14
Porky 3
Dr. Wily 14
Geese 5

So M. Bison and ghost gang will be added!

So the general consensus seems to be that we‘ll add items but not have ones related to heroes. Items will be handled later but now we’ll vote on roster size. Here are our options for the roster size:
So just vote for your two most wanted options here. You can vote for your own submission in this particular job.

My votes:
1. 45
2. 42

Job #5: Submit A Lair For Bowser And/Or Eggman
To fit with the villain theme stages will be called lairs! They don’t actually have to be villain’s lairs, that will just be a name here. Anyways we’ll decide the number of lairs and which ones will return from Ultimate but for now we need some for our characters added by default! Please submit a stage from Mario and Sonic that are at least somewhat partially connected to Bowser or Eggman. Since Bowser’s Castle will probably be what people submit it’s fine if you submit multiple versions of it if there’s some of differences between them. Please submit a location, the layout, and any other details.
1. 80
2. 60

Job #5: Submit A Lair For Bowser
Bowser's Keep (SMRPG)

Eggman's stage submission:
Death Egg
1680009590192.png
1680009623000.png
1680009728085.png
Death Egg is one of known locations from Sonic video game series and it's a space station that was built by Dr. Eggman in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 as his "great fortress". This space station appeared in many Sonic games in it's original form, second form (in Sonic the Fighters game) and in MK II (Sonic 4) form.

Death Egg is an obvious parody of Star Wars's Death Star station, because they look similar and it was based on it.

As a stage, it would be a walk off stage that would take place outside the station and in the middle of the match, it would take place inside the station and it's interior would be inspired by Sonic 2's Death egg.
Also the first part of the stage has low gravity, which is a reference to the fact that Death Egg is in space and in space there is no gravity at all.

I feel that Death Egg would be cool stage idea for Eggman's home stage.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Eggman Lair: Launch Base

This stage takes inspiration from both the zone from Sonic 3 and its incarnation from Sonic the Comic, creating a blend of a mountain range and a metallic technological dystopia (if you want, you could also throw in the red skies of Scrap Brain Zone). You can see the Death Egg being worked on in the background, with Badniks of all shapes and sizes also patrolling the area. In fact, EggRobos will occasionally fly in to shoot at fighters (including Eggman - maybe these are the Hard-Boiled Heavies pre-Ruby?). This is a larger stage - Not quite as massive as Palutena's Temple, but still more roomy than your average stage.

Not the most obvious pick for Eggman, but I wanted to go with something that didn't have a space theme.

Roster Size Votes
  1. 42
  2. 45

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Mean Bean Machine

Have to avoid falling puyo who can then be used as platforms or will disappear if enough are connected.

Neo Bowser City

Similar layout as F-Zero stages like Mute City (X) and Port Town.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 92

Space Colony Ark

This stage starts with a platform outside of the Space Colony and it zooms through the entire colony seeing many stages from SA2 and Shadow The Hedgehog like Space Gadget, Crazy Gadget, Cannon's Core, Cosmic Wall, Lost Colony, Cosmic Fall and Eternal Engine. When you exit Space Colony ARK Final Hazard appears and the stage resets in a flash of white.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
So here are the results of the roster size voting:
(32) 0
(42) 3
(45) 9
(55) 2
(60) 3
(64) 0
(80) 2

So they'll be 45 characters in the base game. Now here are the options for stages:
@MarioRayFalcon Final Fortress
Perkilator Perkilator Eggman's Interstellar Amusement Park
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu Flying Battery Zone
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Death Egg
nirvanafan nirvanafan Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
cashregister9 cashregister9 Space Colony ARK
FazDude FazDude Launch Base
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Final Zone

DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Bowser's Castle
Owen23 Owen23 World Bowser
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Bowser's Kingdom
Geno Boost Geno Boost Bowser's Keep
nirvanafan nirvanafan Neo Bowser City

So for both categories please vote for your top four most wanted characters. Your own submission can't be in first place.
My own votes:
1. Launch Base
2. Flying Battery Zone
3. ARK
4. Final Fortress

1. World Bowser
2. Bowser's Keep
3. Neo Bowser
4. Bowser City

Job #6: Submit An Assist Character
Alright so, for assist trophies in this game we're going to add generic minions instead of named characters. So we'll submit those for this job. Please submit a minion character from one of the series that is currently represented in the roster, and how they would function.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Alright so, for assist trophies in this game we're going to add generic minions instead of named characters. So we'll submit those for this job. Please submit a minion character from one of the series that is currently represented in the roster, and how they would function.
Are the generic mooks that are already assists in by default?

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Are the generic mooks that are already assists in by default?
Oh yeah I didn't really think about that, yes they would be.

So I'll add Klaptrap, Thwomp, Chain Chomp, Metroid, Hammer Bro and Lakitu. Starman and Knuckle Joe won't return since Earthbound and Kirby aren't represented.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Eggman's Interstellar
2. Flying Battery
3. Launch Base
4. Mean Bean

1. Neo Bowser
2. World Bowser
3. Bowser Keep
4. Bowser City

Assist Trophy: Big Squeeze(Sonic Mania)
Maniapreorder41.jpg

Two large clamps slowly shorten the stage to its center, while a magnet at the top attempts to pull villains from the ground. Functions until the magnet is destroyed, which takes a single hit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright so, looking through the list of items I think these are the items we can cut from Ultimate. I just want to make sure, is everyone fine with me cutting these items:
  • Master Ball
  • Dragoon Parts
  • Heart Container
  • Fairy Bottle
  • Healing Sprout
  • Healing Field
  • Super Star
  • Warp Star
  • Metal Box
  • Bunny Hood
  • Timer
  • Star Rod
  • Lip's Stick
  • Ore Club
  • Super Scope
  • Gustbellows
  • Steel Diver
  • Mr. Saturn
  • Smart Bomb
  • Deku Nut
  • Hocotate Bomb
  • Franklin Badge
  • Screw Attack
  • Back Shield
  • Super Launch Star
  • Special Flag
  • Party Ball

It's a little arbitrary but I feel these are more "hero associated items. Also how do we feel about the Pokeball item? I was thinking we could probably have them only have pokemon who are used by villains, would everyone be fine with this?

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 6:Doll (Street Fighter)

images (3).jpeg

The Doll is one of teenage girls that was captured by shadaloo and brainwashed to being M. Bison bodyguards and assassins,a Doll as an assist would be she having Cammy's attacks

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Alright so, looking through the list of items I think these are the items we can cut from Ultimate. I just want to make sure, is everyone fine with me cutting these items:
  • Master Ball
  • Dragoon Parts
  • Heart Container
  • Fairy Bottle
  • Healing Sprout
  • Healing Field
  • Super Star
  • Warp Star
  • Metal Box
  • Bunny Hood
  • Timer
  • Star Rod
  • Lip's Stick
  • Ore Club
  • Super Scope
  • Gustbellows
  • Steel Diver
  • Mr. Saturn
  • Smart Bomb
  • Deku Nut
  • Hocotate Bomb
  • Franklin Badge
  • Screw Attack
  • Back Shield
  • Super Launch Star
  • Special Flag
  • Party Ball

It's a little arbitrary but I feel these are more "hero associated items. Also how do we feel about the Pokeball item? I was thinking we could probably have them only have pokemon who are used by villains, would everyone be fine with this?
Yes, I'm okay with that.

Eggman
  1. Flying Battery
  2. Amusement Park
  3. Final Fortress
  4. ARK
Bowser
  1. Bowser's Castle
  2. World Bowser
  3. Bowser's Keep
  4. Bowser's Kingdom

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Death Egg
2. Flying Battery
3. Launch Base
4. Amusement Park

1. World Bowser
2. Bowser's Castle
3. Bowser's Keep
4. Neo Bowser City

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Death Egg
Space Colony Ark
Mean Bean Machine
Amusement Park

Bowsers Castle
Bowsers Keep
Neo Bowser City
Bowsers Kingdom

Assist - Jack-4 (Tekken)
Kind of a technicality i guess by Jack-4 was never playable and seemingly mass produced based on the Tekken 5 intro sort of making them similar to other generic minions. Would target another fighter and use thr Cossack Dance attack shown below.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
  • Master Ball
  • Dragoon Parts
  • Heart Container
  • Fairy Bottle
  • Healing Sprout
  • Healing Field
  • Super Star
  • Warp Star
  • Metal Box
  • Bunny Hood
  • Timer
  • Star Rod
  • Lip's Stick
  • Ore Club
  • Super Scope
  • Gustbellows
  • Steel Diver
  • Mr. Saturn
  • Smart Bomb
  • Deku Nut
  • Hocotate Bomb
  • Franklin Badge
  • Screw Attack
  • Back Shield
  • Super Launch Star
  • Special Flag
  • Party Ball

The only item listed that I wouldn't wanna cut is the Super Star, if only because the Mario movie makes it a mcguffin Bowser is actively seeking. As for PokeBalls, I feel like the villains-only requirement would limit our pool too much. For this specifically, I think it'd make more sense to have Pokemon serve as regular assists rather than getting an item all to itself.

Anywho...

Eggman Lairs
  1. Flying Battery
  2. Launch Base
  3. Death Egg
  4. Space Colony ARK
Bowser Lairs
  1. Bowser's Castle
  2. World Bowser
  3. Bowser's Kingdom
  4. Bowser's Keep
Assist: Goomba

When summoned, Goomba will just waddle forwards in the direction its summoner was facing. Making contact with its sides deals major damage and knockback (and one falling on you is a spike), but as always, it can easily be disposed of with a stomp. In addition, it's also fairly slow and waddles off ledges. In short, it's an assist you'll have to make work, but if you can manage it, you'll be handsomely rewarded.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
ReDead (Zelda)

Slowly walks back and forth across the stage. If an opponent gets near, it grabs them tightly, dealing 3% per second they are entrapped. The opponent must mash to break free, which is harder if they're at a high percent. The summoner can attack the opponent while they are apprehended by the Redead, which releases its grasp but allows one to start a combo or take a stock.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Eggrobo
Flies around the stage using its jetpack, shooting at opponents in a pattern. It can be taken out.

1. Launch Base
2. Flying Battery
3. Death Egg
4. Final Fortress

1. World Bowser
2. Bowsers Keep
3. Bowsers Castle
4. Bowsers Castle

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Assist: Mage Heartless(Kingdom Hearts)
KH13 · for Kingdom Hearts on Twitter: Poll of the week: From the first  #KingdomHearts game, what is your favorite Mage Heartless?  https://t.co/OCLHNqjcUT https://t.co/qmE7UpvlmG / Twitter

One of the Mage Heartless(Red Nocturne,Blue Rhapsody,Yellow Opera and Green Requiem - randomly picked) will appear and cast spells (Fire, Ice, Lightning, and Cure specifically) for a while before they disappear. They can be defeated.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Assist: Mage Heartless(Kingdom Hearts)
View attachment 370030
One of the Mage Heartless(Red Nocturne,Blue Rhapsody,Yellow Opera and Green Requiem - randomly picked) will appear and cast spells (Fire, Ice, Lightning, and Cure specifically) for a while before they disappear. They can be defeated.
This isn’t eligible since Kingdom Hearts isn’t represented in the roster

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the lair voting:
Final Fortress 3
Eggman's Incredible Interstellar Amusement Park ™ 11
Flying Battery Zone 23
Death Egg 16
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine 3
Space Colony ARK 7
Launch Base 17
Final Zone 0

Bowser's Castle 21
World Bowser 25
Bowser's Kingdom 5
Bowser's Keep 16
Neo Bowser City 11

So Flying Battery Zone and World Bowser will be added as the stages. So, for assist trophies I was tempted to add all of them but due to the volume of submissions, I'll add the three most voted submissions. So here are the options:
@MarioRayFalcon Big Squeeze
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Doll
nirvanafan nirvanafan Jack-4
FazDude FazDude Goomba
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Bomb
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu ReDead
Perkilator Perkilator Malboro
@DarkVortex Eggrobo
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Octorok

So please vote for your top four most wanted options in order. Your own submission can't be in first place.
My votes:
1. ReDead
2. Big Squeeze
3. Bomb
4. Malboro

Job #7: Submit An Item
Submit an item from one of the series represented in the roster so far. I would like for the item to be at least vaguely "villain-related" to fit the theme so please do keep that in mind to fit the theme. It doesn't have to be something a villain has used, but it does at least have to have a connection to villains or enemies even if it isn't a very direct connection.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay so back on the subject of stages, I also want us to determine which stages will return. These are stages I think are directly related to villains we have in our roster (which isn't much):
  • Venom
  • Northern Cave
  • Mishima Dojo

There's also Metroid but basically any of them can be considered villain related, so anyone can submit those later if you want.

So is it alright if these three stages return in our game?

D

Deleted member

1. Octorok
2. Doll
3. ReDead
4. Jack-4

I'm personally fine with those stages returning

Wait so does representation mostly go as far as fighters? Because Castlevania is represented with Death's scythe and I was gonna submit another item.

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ve definitely submitted this one in a lot of creation threads but I will submit Feng Shui Engine

When picked up it makes a purple aura around you which increases speed and strength for ten seconds.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I guess Pac-Maze might count as a villain lair? I don't know if it's supposed to be where the Ghosts reside or where Pac does.

Egg Bazooka

I miss the old bazooka from Brawl, and this would be a good replacement I think. Functions the same as its predecessor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom