• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: The Ultimate Game Collection - Continued

PC game:
1. Warcraft III
2. Willy
3. Persia
4. Tycoon

1. Yakuza 0
2. FIFA 14
3. Sonic Adventure 2
4. Persona 4

Green character game submission:
Frogger (Konami - 1981)
1679066814541.png
Frogger is an arcade game made by Konami in 1981 and it's about an eponymous green frog who wants to cross the street and river by dodging cars and water.

Frogger is considered as one of greatest arcade games of all time (and even the greatest games of all time overall) and it became a huge success that Konami made before creating Contra and Metal Gear franchises.
Also this game was so popular that spawned a franchise and it became a huge phenomenon that was referenced in many media (plus it was an inspiration for popular mobile game Crossy roads).

The main character is obviously green as it seen on arcade flyer.

Also happy Saint Patrick's day everyone.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Prince of Persia
2. Rollercoaster Tycoon
3. Day of The Tentacle
4. Wolfenstein 3D

1. SANIC ADVENTURE TWO, B****!
2. Mario 3
3. Tonk Hawk's Pro Skater 2
4. Fifa 14

Mortal Kombat 2

Mortal_Kombat_II_boxart.png

Mortal Kombat 2 is a fighting game developed and published by Midway, in this game happens after the events of the first game, Shang Tsung begs Shao Kahn to spare his life and tell him if they hold the next mortal kombat tournament, the comatants of neatherrealn travel to the tournament,Shao Kahn agrees with Shang Tsung's plan and restores Shang Tsung's youth and powess,and this the tournament begin

This Mortal Kombat game makes a return of characters of the first game,except Sonya Blade and new characters as Jax,Mileena,Kitana,Baraka and Kung Lao.

I chose this game because i wanted a Mortal Kombat game on ultimate game collection and the motive is from This guy

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
One of the hardest voting rounds yet tbh, these are all very evenly matched for me.

1. Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
2. Rollercoaster Tycoon
3. Microsoft Flight Simulator
4. Wolfenstein 3D

1. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. FIFA 14
4. Super Mario Bros. 3

Yoshi's Island

1679092992940.png

It's a Smash forum, so I've gotta rep my main if I get the chance! I feel weird submitting another Mario-related game so soon, but Yoshi's Island is chock full of attributes that make it stand out among platformers like the flutter jump, the egg throwing, the baby bubble mechanic, and of course the beautiful painted art style.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule , I changed my PC game submission to Lemmings.

1. Prince of Persia
2. Willy
3. Rollercoaster Tycoon
4. Warcraft

1. Yakuza
2. Skater
3. Mario 3
4. Breath of the Wild

Ratchet and Clank (2002)

Captain Quark is the green character.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My green game will be Super Metroid
Super Metroid (1994) SNES box cover art - MobyGames

Yeah yeah, Nintendo bias and all that but I think Super Metroid still deserves to get in due to how it influenced the metroidvania genre and the concept of atmosphere in videogames. Kraid is the green character here.

I'll submit content for Portal 2 and Undertale:
1. Quick Tester: Finish a test chamber in less than one minute
2. Hard Feelings: Destroy a turret using portals
3. Drop Box: Drop a box on a switch without touching it
4. Pturretdactyl: Use an aerial faith place to launch a turret
5. Cave's Comedy: Listen to all of Cave Johnson's voice lines
I kind of hope we eventually add Portal 1 so if we do I'll make it so that some of these can be achieved in both sections.

1. Chell
2. Wheatley
3. GLaDOS
4. Cave Johnson
5. Atlas & Peabody

1. The Thing You Get From Beating Sans: Win against Sans in the genocide route
2. Monster Matchmaker: Win against the royal guards using act commands
3. Taranthropist: Buy something from the spider bake sale
4. No Determination?: Stop playing for a week in a save file in the middle of the Omega Flowey fight
5. Choosing Peace: Spare any monster

1. Frisk
2. Papyrus
3. Sans
4. Undyne
5. Asgore

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Undertale action figures

Alphys
Naptablook
Muffet
Mettaton
Toriel

Undertale archievements

Innocent Determination: complete the pacifist route
The Mysterious Being: find W.D. Gaster
LOVE Determined: complete the genocide route

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll submit profiles for (rolls dice) MvC2 and TF2

Released originally for arcades in 2000, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is considered one of the greatest fighting games ever and the culmination of all of Capcom’s fighting game works of the 90s. The game features a massive roster of 56 characters, half coming from the Marvel comics brand and the other half coming from video games produced by Capcom, the studio behind games like Street Fighter. The game is notable for being flexible with its mechanics: huge combos are easy to pull off, screen-swiping attacks can be done with a push of a button, and if you are experienced enough you might even be able to annoy your friends with an infinite combo. Speaking of friends, the game also features an online mode to battle with people all over the world!

Team Fortress 2 is an online multiplayer shooter released by Valve in 2007 as part of The Orange Box collection. It features nine playable classes, all with their own distinct personalities, who fight on red or blue teams for a certain objective each match. Despite being nearly a decade old the game still has a huge dedicated player base and people who continue to play it to this day. Many characters skills or abilities compliment each other to give you an advantage in game: the medic can heal team mates, engineers can build teleporters to different places on the map, and the heavy can tank damage for the rest of the team. In order to get a win you must know the strengths of everyone on your team and work together for your objective.

also adding sniper as an action figure because I realized I only submitted four before and he’s the only class without one

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the PC and swansong voting:
Lemmings 2
Jet Set Willy 18
Prince of Persia 10
Rollercoaster Tycoon 20
Day of the Tentacle 2
Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos 9
Hitman: Codename 47 3
Psycho Waluigi 2
Microsoft Flight Simulator 5

(Awarded @DragonRobotKing and Dan Quixote Dan Quixote ‘s wolfenstein votes to lemmings sorry I didn’t notice it earlier although it doesn’t really make a difference now)

Super Mario Bros. 3 7
Sonic Adventure 2 9
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2 9
Persona 4 3
FIFA 14 10
Yakuza 0 20
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentina 2
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 6

So Rollercoaster Tycoon and Yakuza 0 will be added! Content for both games is now open. Here are the options for games including green characters:
Frogger ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Mortal Kombat II ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Super Metroid ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
Chrono Trigger ( FazDude FazDude )
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island ( Dan Quixote Dan Quixote )
PaRappa the Rapper ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Ratchet & Clank ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Katamari Damacy Reroll ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )

So please vote for your top four most wanted in order. Your own submission can’t be in first place.
My votes:
  1. Chrono Trigger
  2. Super Metroid
  3. Frogger
  4. Ratchet

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
MK II
Katamari
Frogger
Parappa

Yakuza 0 Action Figures

Kiryu Kazuma
Goro Majima
Akira Nishikiyama
Reina
Makoto Makimura

Last edited:
Yakuza 0 achievements:
1. Perfect singer of all time: Sing all karaoke songs on perfect score.
2. There is another way to play this game, dude: Play OutRun in the arcade.
3. Harrier's neverending story Get a high score while playing Space Harrier in arcade.
(This achievement is a reference to Space Harrier being inspired by "Neverending story" movie)
4. Best dressed man of the Japan: Customize your player character.
5. Japanese brawler: Defeat all bosses without getting any damage (applies on easy and normal mode)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I'll submit some Yakuza action figures and achivements. Not too knowledgeable on rollercoaster tycoon so I'll hold off on it for now.

1. Daisaku Kuze
2. Keiji Shibusawa
3. Hiroki Awano
4. Jun Oda
5. Nugget

1. Peak Kiryu: Fully level up Kiryu's stats
2. Tell Me A Story: Complete all substories
3. Peak Majima: Fully level up Majima's stats
4. Dragon of Legend: Beat the game on legendary mode
5. Billiardsaire: Win a game of pool

Rollercoaster tycoon achievements:
Can we fix it? Yes, we can!:
Fix the rollercoaster ride.
Spooky theme park: Build 6 haunted houses.
This is going to be a ride...: Build more than 2 rollercoaster tracks.
Sorry, the ride is going to be closed down: Remove a rollercoaster ride from theme park.
Merry go round: Place 2 Ferris wheels or carousels.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Tough round! These are all stone cold classics.

1. PaRappa the Rapper
2. Chrono Trigger
3. Katamari Damacy Reroll
4. Super Metroid

D

Deleted member

1. Crono
2. Katamari
3. MK2
4. PaRappa

Last edited by a moderator:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Here's more Menu songs submissions

Shop (Undertale Music Menu)

Strike The Earth! (Shovel knight Music Menu)

Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 Theme (Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 Music Menu)

One more thing,the Super Mario Bros. Music Menu is on Shovel Knight part of the list of Music Menus

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Submit A Game From A Well Established Genre

For this job it will be about games that were already in well established genres when they were released. They can be influential to their genre but the genre has to have been pretty common before it released. Something like Super Mario 64 wouldn’t be eligible since while 3D platformers existed they weren’t really a super common genre. Something like Resident Evil 4 would be a good example since shooters/horror games were a well known genre before it released.

Submit A Second Entry In A Represented Series

Submit a second entry for a series that has one game in this collection already. Spin-offs or games set in the same universe would count just as long a this connection is confirmed to be canon, so you can’t submit like ape escape since it’s connected to metal gear solid but you could submit like donkey kong. Have fun!

Well established franchise game:
God of War (Santa Monica studio/Sony - 2005)
1679854863013.png
God of War (2005) is an action-adventure and hack n slash video game made by Santa Monica studio and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment, released on PS2 in 2005.
The game is about Kratos, a spartan warrior who has a vendetta against Greek gods, who didn't cared about him and he started to kill all monsters and gods from Greek mythology throughout the game.

God of War (2005) is considered as one of greatest video games of all time due to it's challenging gameplay, good-written story and even graphics that didn't even age to this day. Plus this game started the franchise on excellent note and it spawned comics and other video games.
Plus this game's popularity caused the series to be flagship franchise of Sony Interactive Entertainment.

I think we should have a GoW video game since we don't have one and this game was released during that time when Hack N Slash genre was known.

Second entry game submission:

Sonic Adventure (SEGA - 1998)
1679855845906.png
Sonic Adventure is 3D platform video game made by SEGA for Dreamcast in 1998 and it's about Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy Rose, Big the Cat E-102 Omega who need to collect the chaos emeralds while traveling through worlds/zones before they Dr. Eggman gets the emeralds and unleashes the ancient evil.

Sonic Adventure, while not the "greatest game of all time" is considered as one of most selling Sonic games of all time and it was SEGA's answer to 3D platformer gaming when Mario 64 popularized it. This game is also one of most popular sonic games that many fans know about.

Since we have a second Mario game, then we should have a second Sonic game in our collection.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
2nd for Series

A huge and industry influential game for the series, much like the other series game in the collection.

Established Genre

Surprised we dont have a rhythm game yet, Genre has existed for a while and this particular style was established years before the 1st release by Guitar Hero yet pushed things forward with customization and of course additional instruments.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Well Estabilished Game:Hollow Knight

capsule_616x353.jpg

Hollow Knight is a Metroidvania game developed and published by Team Cherry,in this game,the player controls The Knight,a nameless insectoid swordsman that is exploring a falled kingdom called Hallownest.

Hollow Knight is one of the games that brings back the Metroidvania popularity,the game have a different graphics because it's all hand-drawned,same from Cuphead,Castle Crashers and Rayman Origins and Legends,the game won 4 awards and other indie games also was created with the same pick of Metroidvania as Dead Cells,Blasphemious,Guacamelee and Bloodstained.

Second Entry:Doom Eternal

Cover_Art_of_Doom_Eternal.png

Doom Eternal is a First-Person Shooter game developed by Id Software and Published by Bethesda Softworks,this game is a sequel of Doom (2016) and the player controls Doomg-,(wait!,his name now is different?,OK,where was i?,oh yeah),the player controls Doom Slayer,an armored marine that kill demons.

I wanted to submit Crash Bandicoot 3,any 2000s Sonic Game as Sonic Heroes or Sonic Unleashed,any Mario platform game as Super Mario Galaxy,Super Mario 3D World or any other or a Pac-Man World game of the trilogy,but i wanted to submit a game with a different genre instead a platform game.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I'm loving these creative themes for jobs

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

1679862481388.png

What better franchise to pick for the well-established genre theme than Call of Duty, the biggest series whose core punchline is its lack of innovation? That little criticism is probably overstated, but it is true that CoD hardly invented the FPS. However, that doesn't mean they didn't refine it to perfection in the series's heyday. The original Black Ops II hosts one of the best multiplayer modes in the series, a fan favorite campaign, and a robust and endlessly replayable Zombies mode.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX

1679862704153.png

And as for the second entry theme, I've decided to go the spin-off route on this one. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon is one of the biggest spin-off series for any video game universe, and it's certainly the biggest spin-off series Pokémon has (not counting some single-game entries like Pokémon Go). It's pretty much the only thing keeping the ancient and seminal dungeon crawler genre, one of the first video game genres ever, alive in the modern day. The Explorers trio of games tends to be the fan fav in the series because of the story, but I went with the most recent entry, the Rescue Team remake, because of how refined the gameplay is.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submissions will be:

Half-Life

Half-Life was very influential to the shooter genre and was the first title of Valve who is now technically a fourth major console publisher. Games like Doom, Wolfenstein, and Quake had already released prior to it so the shooter genre wasn’t new when it released. Plus everything Luke Starkiller submitted can finally get used.

Portal

Speaking of Valve titles… I wasn’t the biggest fan of us including just Portal 2, you can technically play it before Portal 1 but I feel like Portal 1 does a better job introducing the basic mechanics and setting and overall you’ll just have a better experience if you play 1 before 2 so I’m submitting it now. We can easily have achivements and action figures be earnable in either Portal and I think it would be worth it if we got this title in.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Series already in Collection - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
mario-kart-8-deluxe-cover.cover_large.jpg

Not much to say here - Mario is already in, and 8 Deluxe is one of the most iconic games of all time.

Well Established - Elden Ring
614Y4NA6CVL.jpg

Again, not much to say here. Elden Ring is the seventh of FromSoft's Soulsborne games, and almost inarguably the best one yet. Despite being barely a year old, it's taken the world by storm - I think it deserves it's place here.

Votea:
Super Metroid
Ratchet and Clank
Katamari
Yoshi's Island

D

Deleted member

Final Fantasy VI
FF is so big that it should probably get a second game and I think that should rep an older game. FF6 is popular and iconic.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the green character voting:
Frogger 21
Mortal Kombat II 13
Super Metroid 14
Chrono Trigger 16
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island 4
PaRappa the Rapper 13
Ratchet & Clank 9
Katamari Damacy Reroll 11

So Frogger will be added as the next title! Here are the options for the next jobs:
Well-Known Genre
Half-Life ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
God of War ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Rock Band ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Tales of Symphonia ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Call of Duty: Black Ops II ( Dan Quixote Dan Quixote )
Hollow Knight ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Elden Ring ( PeridotGX PeridotGX )

Second Entry
Ms. Pac-Man ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Final Fantasy VI (@DarkVortex)
Sonic Adventure ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Portal ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
Halo 3 ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Doom Eternal ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe ( PeridotGX PeridotGX )
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX ( Dan Quixote Dan Quixote )

So for both categories please vote for your top four most wanted out of the options, in order. Your own submission can’t be in first.
My votes:
  1. Black Ops 2
  2. Half Life
  3. Hollow Knight
  4. Symphonia

1. Ms Pac-Man
  2. Portal
  3. FF6
  4. BotW

Top Bottom