• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: The Ultimate Game Collection - Continued

D

Deleted member

1. Shadow
2. Bioshock
3. Undertale

1. Portal
2. Journey
3. Sims

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Sims
Project Diva
Animal Crossing

Crypt of the NecroDancer
DokiDoki
Bioshock

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll submit stuff for Shovel Knight

1. Suitably Steeled Shovel: Beat a level while all checkpoints have been destroyed
2. Some If’s, A Few Ands…: Beat the game on Butt Mode
3. Shovel Lovers: Catch Shield Knight at least once
4. None Shone Brighter: Defeat all of the optional bosses
5. Shovel Wardrobe: Get all armors

Action figures:
1. Shovel Knight
2. Black Knight
3. Shield Knight
4. Enchantress
5. Reize

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
After voting, it looks like Ninja Gaiden will be added. Here are the next game jobs:

Submit A PC Exclusive Game

This is a job I probably should have done sooner but basically it’ll be for games that started as exclusives to PC, if a console release happened it must have happened some time later. This includes modern PCs or microcomputers like MSX or C64.

Submit A “Console Swan Song”

Often times the final games on a console can get special attention for showing off the features of a console and making a good use of the hardware. So for this job it’ll be all about these console “swan songs”, games that released for a console during its last couple of years or the time when the next generation console is already out. The famous “PS5 games playable on PS4” are an example of something that could be eligible just as long as they released when the PS5 was out or a couple years before. That’s about it so have fun!

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
PC Game: Prince of Persia
7387350.png

You all probably know what this game is, but yeah, I'm submitting the OG game in this series. It started on the Apple II computer and is a very acclaimed and influential game, with its innovative gameplay style going on to influence games like Another World and Flashback. It's very much one of those types of old-school PC games I think we could currently use more of.

Will try to think up a swansong later, no promises tho

Last edited:
PC exclusive game:
Jet Set Willy
1678641808333.png
Jet Set willy is a 1984 platform game made by british game studio Software projects and it was released on ZX Spectrum and C64. It is also a sequel to 1983 video game Manic Miner.
The game is about Willy - a miner who had to clean up the house after the party and his mansion was unexplored as it appears to be full of strange creatures, possibly a result of the previous (missing) owner's experiments. Willy must explore the enormous mansion and its grounds (including a beach and a yacht) to clean up his mansion.

Jet Set Willy was considered as most selling home video game of 1984 and it was also one of most influential platformers of all time alongside Super Mario Bros. Heck, it was even considered as a UK pop culture landmark despite being an overlooked title in video game history.

Since we don't have a microcomputer game in our collection, I feel Jet Set Willy is a prime candidate for it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Video games were never supposed to be played on a computer (doing so is an affront to god) so I don't have have anything there.

For the Swan Song I'm going to resubmit Breath of the Wild. Most know it as the explosive opening tune that kick-started the magnificent orchestra of the Switch - but it also served as an elegy for the Wii U, a final dirge to pay tribute to the tragedy of the failed console.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Swan song:
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,

PC-exclusive: Psycho Waluigi

nintendo submission but good. I feel fangames should be celebrated here somehow, and Psycho Waluigi is a really good fit for it's genuinely unique mechanics, professional presentation, and goal of giving fans a long-desired starring role the IP holder won't.

FazDude

Smash Master
PC Game: RollerCoaster Tycoon

I just love this game. Plus, we don't really have a tycoon game in the collection yet.

Swan Song Game: Sonic Adventure 2 (Dreamcast)

One of the final first-party Dreamcast releases in the West (and henceforth one of Sega's final first-party console releases period). While we already have a Sonic game and this one tends to be... divisive, it's also one of my favorites, and I really want a modern Sonic game to compliment Sonic 2, so here we are.

(i was gonna submit snes frogger as a bit but decided against it)

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
PC Exclusive:Maniac Mansion 2: Day of The Tentacle

Day_of_the_Tentacle_artwork.jpg

Maniac Mansion 2:Day of The Tentacle is a Point and Click game developed and published by LucasArts,in the game,a purple tentacle gains life for drink a radioactive liquid and it have a plan of world domination,while this,a nerd called Bernard Bernoulli and his housemates Larvene and Hoagie uses a time machine and to stop the talking tentacle.

Day of The Tentacle is one of most popular point-and-click games,i wanted to put other point-and-click games as Machinarium and Full Throttle or non point-and-click games as Duke Nukem 3D,Diablo 1 or Jazz Jackrabbit.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Microsoft Flight Simulator

1678661457976.png

Well, if we're gonna have a PC category, then I better submit the game with the name of the daddy of PC's right in the title. Simulator games are the constant sleeper hits of the PC world. They exist in their own little bubble, but each one has a dedicate community with high-tech games that strive to perfectly recreate a certain experience digitally. Microsoft Flight Simulator broke out of that niche not only by being one of the first and greatest of the sim genre, but by the pure freedom it provides by recreating the entire Earth. (Obviously this means I'm talking about the recent 2020 reboot game, but this series is 40 years old and very historically attached to PCs, too!)

Super Mario Bros. 3

1678661780233.png

I know SMB 1 is already here, but if any series deserves to have two games in quick succession make it... Super Mario Bros. 3 came out on the Famicom less than a year before the Super Famicom hit shelves, and the same happened regarding the NES and SNES if you just shift it forward two years. Not only is it a classic platformer that holds up with tight controls and fun levels to explore despite its age, I think it serves well as a swan song game because of the incredible development that you can see on the NES in just a few years. The graphics and size difference between SMB 1 and SMB 3 is staggering, they really learned how to squeeze every last drop of power from that console.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Resubmitting Yakuza 0:

Yakuza is a huge series with a lot of influence and this entry was basically made specifically as an entry point into the series. It is still really popular and blew up so hard it basically made a niche series massive in the west. While its most commonly known as a PS4 game, it released on PS3 as well in Japan and pushed that console to its limits.

Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos

Warcraft is one of the biggest strategy games ever and Warcraft III is often considered the best in the franchise that’s a strategy game.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Swan Song:The Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim_cover.png

(I know that Skyrim was released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360,and then,this game have more ports and i don't know if Skyrim counts as Swan Song game)

The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim is RPG-Action game developed and published by Bethesda,in this game,the player controls the last dragonborn of Skyrim and the game is 400 years after the events of fourth game.

Skyrim is one the most popular games,it has too many ports,won various awards and has some memes as "i took an arrow in my knee" and "Fus Ro DAH!".

Swan song submission:
FIFA 14 (Playstation 2 - 2013)
1678716072133.png

(Oh look. It's Lionel Messi on the cover!)​
FIFA 14 is an association football simulation game made by EA under the "EA sports" label and it was released in november 2013 as a launch title for PS4 and Xbox one.
The gameplay is identically the same as in real life football. You pass the football to other player and shoot into opponent team's goal.

I feel the we need a soccer game in our collection considering that the aforementioned sport is very popular sport across the globe and we don't have an EA game at this moment.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Swan Song:The Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

View attachment 369293

(I know that Skyrim was released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360,and then,this game have more ports and i don't know if Skyrim counts as Swan Song game)

The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim is RPG-Action game developed and published by Bethesda,in this game,the player controls the last dragonborn of Skyrim and the game is 400 years after the events of fourth game.

Skyrim is one the most popular games,it has too many ports,won various awards and has some memes as "i took an arrow in my knee" and "Fus Ro DAH!".
I don’t think this would be eligible. It did release in the later half of the PS3/360 generation but not really in those consoles’ twilight years

Pac-Man game profile submission:
Pac-Man is a maze game created by Toru Iwatani in 1980 and it was released on arcade machines by japanese company Namco. In this game, you take control of yellow fella named Pac-Man, whose task is to eat all dots while avoiding menacing ghost gang. When Pac eats the power pellet, he gets an ability to eat ghosts as they turn into cowardly blue ones during the pellet's use.
Pac-Man's possible inspiration came from the time when Toru was eating pizza and he noticed that the pizza without one slice looked like a Pac-Man and he decided to make a character based on idea that he came up during eating a pizza.
Pac-Man became a huge success and it became one of most iconic 1980's video games of all time, plus it is now considered as one of video game landmarks in video game history and even popular culture. This game was super popular enough that even started the franchise itself on excellent note.
In "Ultimate game collection", you can re-experience the classic gameplay with new achievements that you unlock when you do something in the game.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll submit achivements and action figures for ninja gaiden:

1. Only Need A Sword: Beat a level without any subweapons
2. It Doesn’t Get Easier Than This: Get knocked into a pit by an enemy
3. The Ninja Star: Beat a boss with just subweapons
4. Quick Reflexes: Hit an enemy while jumping off a wall
5. Impossible Feat: Beat a level without taking any damage

1. Ryu Hayabusa
2. Jaquio
3. Jo Hayabusa
4. Irene Lew

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Archievements

Sonic 2

Hedgehogs can't Swim: die drowned in Chemical Plant Zone or Aquatic Ruin Zone
Lucky of Rings: clear all zones without losing rings

Marvel VS Capcom 2

Invincible Team: win a match without lose all three characters of your team
We Are VENOM!: complete the Arcade Mode with Venom
Bad Squad: complete the Arcade Mode with Marvel or/and Capcom villains

Super Mario Bros.

Death By a Weaker: lose a life touching a Goomba

Team Fortress 2

Russian Supporter: as a Medic,heals Heavy
Cool Look: Custom all mercenaries
The Heavy is Dead?: as an Engineer,kill heavy 5 times

Pac-Man

Strong Hungry: eat all Power Pallets
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule you forget to put my archievements submissions

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
My bad, missed PeridotGXs post, will submit the below instead.
Fire Emblem Echoes

A very underappreciated game imo compared to other Post-Awakening games. Released in the last year where Nintendo published double digit 3ds games (less than 10 games published after 2017). This is the last Fire Emblem game on 3DS, a very important platform for the series which at the time saw a big surge in popularity which saved the series.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Going to end this job a bit early today and start the next game job today too. You’ll see why when you see the new game job.

Here are the results of the non-violent and subversive game votes:
Pong 10
PaRappa the Rapper 4
Portal 2 14
The Sims 3 5
Journey 10
Animal Crossing: New Horizons 5
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Megamix 2

Monty on the Run 0
Shadow of the Colossus 14
Bioshock 12
Undertale 16
Doki Doki Literature Club 2
Crypt of the NecroDancer 4

So Portal 2 and Undertale will both be added as our next games! Here are the options for PC and swan song games, so please vote for your top four for both categories. Your own submission can’t be in first place.
PC
Lemmings ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Jet Set Willy ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Prince of Persia ( Speed Weed Speed Weed )
Rollercoaster Tycoon ( FazDude FazDude )
Maniac Mansion 2: Day of the Tentacle ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
Hitman: Codename 47 ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Psycho Waluigi ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Microsoft Flight Simulator ( Dan Quixote Dan Quixote )

Swansong
Super Mario Bros. 3 ( Dan Quixote Dan Quixote )
Sonic Adventure 2 ( FazDude FazDude )
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2 ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Persona 4 ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
FIFA 14 ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Yakuza 0 ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild ( PeridotGX PeridotGX )

My votes:
  1. Jet Set Willy
  2. Prince of Persia
  3. Rollercoaster Tycoon
  4. Flight Simulator
(Honourable mention to Psycho Waluigi, I like the idea of adding a fangame but I just think the others take priority as of now)
  1. BotW
  2. Yakuza 0
  3. Pro Skater 2
  4. SA2
I am planning a “second game for a represented series” fairly soon, probably two weeks from now, so keep that in mind as you vote ig.

Submit A Game With A Green Character
C04894C2-D210-434E-9744-4D8ED7D3D018.jpeg

In honour of St. Patrick’s day this job will be for games where a prominent character has green on their design. It doesn’t have to be the main character but it does have to be fairly prominent, so you can submit Donkey Kong Country for example because of King K. Rool but you can’t submit like Super Mario Bros. 3 because of koopa troopas. Please specify what character has green on their design. Have fun!

Last edited:
Top Bottom