• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: The Super Smash Bros of Another Universe!

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
downloadfile-55.jpg

Jibanyan (Yokai Watch)
Jibanyan is the mascot of the cult classic rpg franchise Yokai Watch, he is a cat yokai who goal in the afterlife is to train to take down any trucks in his way, this gives him both powerful punching abilities and fire magic, plus he also has some cat like agility with him.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
View attachment 336698
Jibanyan (Yokai Watch)
Jibanyan is the mascot of the cult classic rpg franchise Yokai Watch, he is a cat yokai who goal in the afterlife is to train to take down any trucks in his way, this gives him both powerful punching abilities and fire magic, plus he also has some cat like agility with him.
I don't think Yokai Watch is Namco?

D

Deleted member

Oops I missed the Namco submission.

1. Jin
2. Lloyd
3. Don

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #147 voting:
Heihachi 11
Jin 16
Gyaraga 6
Don-Chan 11
Agumon 2
Lloyd 2

And so Jin will be added as a fighter! Now onto the next job:

Job #148: Submit A Moveset For Nemesis
Submit what you think should be Nemesis’s moveset. All you need to submit are the specials and final smash although you can do more if you want to.

And I’m gonna just ask: is everyone okay with me making Jin’s stage Mishima Dojo and giving him the same specials and final smash that Kazuya has in our universe?

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
And I'm gonna just ask: is everyone okay with me making Jin’s stage Mishima Dojo and giving him the same specials and final smash that Kazuya has in our universe?
Well, I honestly think Jin has more stuff to go for his moveset than just as Kazuya's clone/Echo Fighter (granted that he was sort of in Tekken 3, but still), as showed by this fan moveset I found on DeviantArt.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Well, I honestly think Jin has more stuff to go for his moveset than just as Kazuya's clone/Echo Fighter (granted that he was sort of in Tekken 3, but still), as showed by this fan moveset I found on DeviantArt.
Yeah I was thinking of giving him just the same specials that kazuya has since they both use the devil gene, and then having Jin have different normals. Although now that I looked around a bit it seems like there are some moves devil kazuya does in ultimate that jin has canonically never used, so yeah I think we’ll just have a moveset job for jin

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Neutral Special: Rocket Launcher: Nemesis shoots a powerful rocket

Nemesis will still have the rocket launcher: residentevil

Side Special: Tentacle Thrust: Nemesis sticks his hand out and launches a Tentacle out of it. It has good range and impales opponents and grabs them towards nemesis, where Nemesis will then Slam the opponent into the ground.

How to play Nemesis in Dead by Daylight - SQUAD

Up Special: Tentacle Jump: Nemesis Thrusts a tentacle upwards that acts as a tether, If Nemesis properly grabs onto either a Player or an edge Nemesis launches itself into the air and then finally lands on the ground with a powerful shockwave

Down Special: Flamethrower: Nemesis Pulls out a flamethrower and slowly sprays it in a large cone in front of it while slowly moving it up and down, it can only be used for a few moments.
Resident Evil 3 Remake - Nemesis Flamethrower Boss Fight (Nemesis Encounter  #3) RE3 Remake 2020 - YouTube

Final Smash: Nemesis Type-3: Nemesis charges forwards and anyone hit goes into a cutscene where we see Nemesis Type-3. it proceeds to thrash around before the cutscene ends.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My moveset for Nemesis. He’s obviously meant to be really slow and have heavy attacks making him as close to this game has to an “unstoppable monster”

Neutral Special: Tentacle

He punches forward which makes tentacles come from his hand, forward. There’s a 1/4 chance that it’ll lead into a grab

Side Special: Rocket

He pulls out a rocket launcher and fires a rocket forward. There’s a 10 second wait before he can fire it again.

Up Special: Heavy Jump
A completely original move but the end is partly inspired by one of his hyper combos in mvc3. He jumps directly upwards and then after he reaches the peak of his jump he comes crashing down with his feet. It’s a similar motion to Dedede’a up special in our universe

Down Special: Nemesis Counter
A pretty simple counter. He stays there for a second and if people hit him then he erupts with a bunch of tentacles around him. I feel like a counter really fits this character because it means you have to be careful when you attack him, just like zombies in re

Final Smash: Tentacle Crush
Two tentacles come from his back and grab the opponent. He then goes into his final form from RE3 remake and crushes the opponent.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
The moveset of cashregister9 cashregister9 will be used. Now onto the next job:

Job #149: Submit A Resident Evil or Fatal Fury/King of Fighters Stage
Submit either a stage from Resident Evil or one from Fatal Fury/King of Fighters. You can submit a stage for both if you want. Please submit the location and layout of the stage.

For the Terry stage, things from the fatal fury or king of fighters series are allowed but not stages from other SNK series like psycho soldier, art of fighting, samurai shodown, etc.

D

Deleted member

Raccoon City

One of the most iconc locations from the Resident Evil series and one that played a big role in the game Nemesis debuted in. This stage takes place in the streets of the zombie invested city. A crashed bus seves as a platform and some buildings can be climbed onto too. Zombies will sometimes make their way onto the stage. Series protagonists such as Jill, Chris, Leon and Claire can be seen fighting the zombies in the background.

In some instances Mr. X will appear, acting as a stage boss.

Mr. X
He will move much like he does in the Resident Evil 2 remake, taking his design from that game aswell. He will stomp around the stage, striking fighters. He can be stunned and eventually defeated with heavy attacks. Players can hear him coming because of his stomping.

If stage bossses aren't allowed I'll cut that part out. Might submit an SNK stage later.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Forgot about this, heh.
Job #72
Spencer Mansion

Spencer Mansion takes place outside the mansion rather than inside. Layout wise it has an upside down Battlefield platform layout with a walled bottom platform. This allows it to be suitable for competitive play with hazards off.

With hazards on, a small blue cloud of C-virus (no relation) will sometimes appear on stage, if you jump or get knocked into it you’ll become a zombie. Zombies have a unique, slumped over idle animation. They also have the red eyes used by Dharkon’s clones. If they are human or highly human-like they also gain cartoonish green skin. Zombies are EXTREMELY powerful, with every move’s power being doubled and their weight being slightly increased, however they also take continual damage and KOing them takes away two points from them, one for them and another for the virus. Zombification wears off either after 30 seconds or upon KO. There can only be one zombie at a time.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll submit Salazar Castle from Resident Evil 4:
F12D79CD-2AB3-4988-AA46-5563C81CE128.jpeg

You play on top of the castle’s roof with a layout like this:
F17712EC-5A9F-4C54-A691-EF66E7D371D7.jpeg

On the left there is a catapault. Normally it doesn’t do anything but after around 30 seconds a zombie will come and pull the catapault, launching a big fireball to the platform on the right which makes a flame that lasts for about five seconds. The zombie does it over again after about one minute and repeats this.

And American Stage

Pretty much just this. It has a completely flat area. Also some characters from fatal fury (not kof or other snk series) will appear as cameos.

D

Deleted member

Geese Tower

The home of the criminal mastermind Geese Howard. Players can knock their opponents out of the tower. Parts of the stage can be destroyed. Geese himself will be in the background, watching the battle and posing, similar to Heihachi in the Mishima Dojo.

Job 149:
Freight Express (Fatal Fury)

It would be Travelling Stage like Big Blue, but on the Train. It would be Walk-Off stage and that Hazard is that when train tries to Slow Down, the character get send by force into Walls or beyond the Stage.
The Cameos are Mai Shiranui (Censored with black tights), Kula Diamond, Geese Howard, Andy Bogard, Tivoc, Ryo (Art of Fighting), Nakoruru (Samurai Showdown), Iori Yagami, Athena, K' and unexpected Marco Rossi cameo on this Stage, who are watching the Battle of the Train.

I nominate the Stage, because it could be Representing Fatal Fury along with other SNK franchises like King of Fighters, Samurai Showdown, Metal Slug and etc. It could be also unique Stage for the Game itself and equivalent to Big Blue from Smash.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #149 voting:
Raccoon City 7
Spencer Mansion 14
Salazar Castle 9

King of Fighters Stadium 2
American Stage 13
Geese Tower 8
Freight Express 7

And so our stages will be Spencer Mansion and American Stage. Now onto the next job, which I’ll make the final discussion period.

Job #150: Discuss Your Thoughts On The Roster and Final Characters
I don’t know if everyone noticed or not but currently we have three spots left in the base game roster. I want this to be the time to discuss thoughts on the roster, how you feel about each the picks, and who the final three characters should be as well as some characters you’ll want for DLC.

Keep in mind that the next character is gonna be a valve character. Also, there will be a theme for the second last prompt but the last one will be pretty much completely open. Anyways that’s about it so I’ll start the valve character job soon after this one.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Aside from Sephiroth over Cloud, I think we have a solid roster. A JRPG character would be nice, and so would another Nintendo and/or Sega rep. A Sony rep is a necessity.

Also:
1. Nintendo is an influential series that definitely deserves another rep.
2. We've got a ton of cartoony characters on the roster. Although I much prefer cartoony over realistic, complaining about it is plain dumb.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I do think that we have been a little heavy on the realistic human characters, I think the roster is good but personally we should focus on non humans characters, also we should put in a Sony Rep and the obligatory Fire Emblem job

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Can someone please explain why they want more Nintendo reps? They have the most by a significant margin and don't really have many remaining "must have" characters. An extra Pokémon is the only Nintendo thing I think we need, but that's probably best saved for DLC methinks

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Roster is pretty good! There's maybe some choices I wouldn't go for but I think overall it does a good job at the video game history thing we're trying to achieve. Some fun wacky picks too. In terms of characters we need, aside from the oft mentioned Sony rep I think we have a lot of the major corners covered, though there are definitely things I'm forgetting.

In terms of possible DLC/future characters. Some characters I think would be cool include Kiryu, a Persona character, Pyramid Head and another FF character would be cool.

Top Bottom