• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: The Super Smash Bros of Another Universe!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright, looks like these are the results of the Job #141 voting:
A villain 3
A quadrapedal character 4
A robot 5
A female character 0
An anime styled character 10
A second rep for a series 6
A mascot 5
A second character for a decided company 9

And so our next two prompts will be an anime styled character and another character for a company we will decide. Well let's do the prompt now:

Job #142: Submit an Anime Styled Character
Please submit an anime-styled character to be added to the roster. Please submit the character, explain a bit about how they would fight, and why they should be in this game. If you're wondering if someone would be eligible go ahead and ask me or cashregister9 cashregister9 since he submitted the initial prompt.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury/King of Fighters)
terry_kofxiii.png

Terry Bogard is the mascot of another major fighting game series (Fatal Fury/King of Fighters), a major arcade company (SNK) and system (Neo Geo), and, well, a moveset wouldn't be difficult, given he's a fighting game character who was already in Smash in our timeline. I've submitted Metal Slug before, and as much as I like those, we have a lot of gunners already, so maybe the SNK rep should be the one we had, at this point. Plus if you doubt that he's anime-styled, he's one of a handful of video game characters who actually had an anime adaptation.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
downloadfile-43.jpg

Palico (Monster Hunter)
Cats make everything better, humanoid cats even better, humanoid cats with anime expressions and weilds giant shovels as weapons. I say that's probably the best thing ever.

Palicos are the main companions of the Monster Hunter and assist the player character in well hunting monsters using a variety of tools like nets, stun traps, and shovels, or you do the classic claw attack. Due to the prominence of cats in anime and unique moveset potential Palico would be a cool pick, plus imagine all the alts.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
View attachment 336205
Palico (Monster Hunter)
Cats make everything better, humanoid cats even better, humanoid cats with anime expressions and weilds giant shovels as weapons. I say that's probably the best thing ever.

Palicos are the main companions of the Monster Hunter and assist the player character in well hunting monsters using a variety of tools like nets, stun traps, and shovels, or you do the classic claw attack. Due to the prominence of cats in anime and unique moveset potential Palico would be a cool pick, plus imagine all the alts.
Palico is ineligble since rathalos was won a “boss from an unrepresented series” job, which deconfirmed the series for a playable rep

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Hee Ho!
Jack Frost makes Smash Bros cool!

Hee Whoo is Jack Frost?
Jack Frost is the mascot of the Shin Megami Tensei series and Atlus in general who has a tendency to say "Hee Ho." And fun fact to some of you: Atlus developed Persona! Persona is even a spinoff of the Shin Megami Tensei series! Anyway, Jack Frost is an enemy who has appeared in every Shin Megami Tensei game to date (SMT). Jack Frost's popularity has even gotten him TWO games, with Jack Bros on the Virtual Boy and Synchronity Prologue, a limited edition game for PC. Jack Frost has several versions of him, including King Frost, Black Frost, Demonee-ho, and Frost Ace, all of which can be included in his moveset in some way (but we get there when we get there!)

Hee How would Jack Frost play?
Keeping it simple: Jack Frost would use ice spells and various other skills in his arsenal, as well as using his different forms. He could even summon certain Demons from the SMT series for certain attacks!

Why should Jack Frost get in, ho?
Jack Frost could not only be a representative of Atlus, but also a representative of SMT and Persona. SMT is the original series, but Persona is more popular, so why not add a character who appears in both games? And also, Jack Frost is a true neutral in the alignment chart, something we have very little of. Overall, Jack Frost is very deserving of a spot, so be sure to vote for him!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Saber (Fate)

Fate is a franchise that was started in 2004 with the Visual Novel Fate/ Stay Night. and from there this franchise has weaseled it's way into not only the internet zeitgeist but throughout the Japanese media industry as a whole, Fate had several successful anime and it has the 8th highest grossing mobile game of all time and was the most talked about game on twitter in 2020.

Saber is the Icon of the fate franchise, even spawning a subcategory of character in that franchise called "Saber Faces" Saber or a variation of her has appeared in every piece of Fate media.

The specific Saber incarnation I've selected is Artoria Pendragon a servant Summoned by Shirou Emiya, she and Shirou is just one pair of Servant and Master, There are others also participating in the Holy Grail War, Whoever wins the war obtains the Holy Grail.

Fate isn't what people think of when they think "Visual Novel" but what Fate is a massive multi media franchise that transcends many different types of games. She like all the other Servants utilize a Noble Phantasm as well.

What can saber do? She has the legendary sword Excalibur, this sword has many properties like becoming invisible and shooting lasers, But also due to Saber's Legacy she could theoretically draw from all of her different incarnations throughout the franchise, Be that Okita Souji who uses a Katana or Jeanne D'Arc who uses a lance, or even Artorias summer form which transforms her Sword into a Water Gun.

Also Neco-arc cosplayed one of her variations so there is that

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Question
what do you get when you cross
downloadfile-35.jpg

With
downloadfile-42.jpg

With a dash of
downloadfile-45.jpg

downloadfile-39.jpg

That would pale in comparison to Peacock from Skullgirls

Peacock is a character from the 2D fighting game Skullgirls, a cult classic fighting game, while she isn't the main character she is by far the one of the more popular base roster characters (plus main bias). This is mainly due to her bizarre abilities that would befit a character from a more extreme version of classic cartoons. Blending 2D anime art style with American cartoons Peacock would probably be a crazy addition to a crazy roster.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submissions will be Yuna from Final Fantasy X
D14C842A-8714-4694-96F9-86232374FADA.jpeg

Yuna is the secondary protagonist of Final Fantasy X. She’s an aeon summoner who went on a journey to defeat sin, an evil force that threatens her world. Except Tidus shows up and then yeah things go differently. She later appeared as the main character in Final Fantasy X-2 but I know pretty much nothing about that game so I can’t say what her role is and she probably wouldn’t take much inspiration from that game anyway.

She might be a slight bit of a weird pick, but one that would make sense when you think about it. She’s a really popular and iconic part of the game but the biggest reasons I think she would be a good pick, especially over someone like tidus (i had this idea a while ago, so I’m sorry if this seems like I’m trying to overshadow your idea Pupp135 Pupp135 lol) would be due to her moveset, which I’ll get to later, the popularity and success of FFX, and the fact that we don’t have any FF heroes yet. I really like how we got seph before cloud and I think we should keep it like that but in a roster this big maybe another character who is a hero from FF would be nice?

She would fight with her staff as well as white magic and summoning aeons. She would also likely fight with things she had in X-2 such as guns which she has for some reason, it’s a weird game) and blitzballs. It might be difficult to formulate a moveset around this but I think that would make her a unique fighter since we don’t really have healers like her in the game. I think she actually does have a ton of moveset potential that might not seem obvious at first but could be pretty fun. She could also summon aeons like bahamut, ifrit and shiva, using their FFX designs of course to differentiate themselves from the summon materia item we have. Overall she’s a pretty iconic character and I think she would be a good pick.

Last edited:
Job 142:
Space Harrier (Space Harrier)

Space Harrier is Character from his SEGA Arcade series of the Same Name. He kills Dragons, Robots, Moai Heads on Psychadelic Planets. Also, he even Kills Bosses like Trimuller, Medusa and even his Evil Counterpart: Dark Harrier. His gameplay was possible basis for Star Fox due to being a Rail Shooter game. Space Harrier has Anime-styled design, because the Creator Yu Suzuki said that he was inspired by 80's Anime like Gundam or Space Cobra and even his Redesign on Box art of SEGA Classics vol. 2 on 3DS, which it has Anime-Styled Look; so it could count as Anime-Styled character.

Space Harrier could be Zoner due to using Projectiles from his Gun and he could play like Fox due to similarities like Laser Gun could be Harrier's Cannon and etc. Even tho, he could fit into Game as SEGA Arcade Series Rep that could be like Amingo representing other Capcom Arcade Games. And you know that Space Harrier was Influential game that was inspiration for Panzer Dragoon and possibly Star Fox SNES.
Space Harrier's Stage could be Fantasy Zone (not about Opa-Opa) and the Hazards could be Dragons and Enemies, who interfere with Stage at some point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)

Tales of is a long running JRPG franchise. Yuri is the protagonist of the 2008 game Tales of Vesperia. A former knight who went on a journey to stop a thief who stole an important object to his people, forming a vigilante guild along the way. He would fight with his sword and his loyal companion Repede could even help out.

Yuri is extremely popular with fans, so popular in fact that he was once banned from fan popularity polls because he kept winning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #142 voting:
Terry 14
Crono 2
Tidus 3
Jack Frost 4
Saber 2
Peacock 3
Yuna 9
Space Harrier 14
Yuri 2

And so we have a tie between Terry and Space Harrier… Okay so normally I don’t really do this without saying before but I think I’m going to add both characters in this case. They both got a lot of votes and last time I made it so that the most voted-for prompt added two characters so I’ll do the same now. So Terry and Space Harrier will join the roster! Remember that we’ll probably add a lot of profiles and music from sega arcade games and SNK properties. Anyways now onto the next job:

Job #143: Submit a Moveset For Rayman
Submit what you think should be Rayman’s moveset. All you need to submit are the specials although you can do more if you want.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
YEEEEEEEEEEEES HARRIER WON I'M SO HAPPY

I'll be putting together a list of SEGA arcade music to include with Harrier, but I'm still pretty new to the thread and I'm assuming there's some kind of rule I don't know about, so is there anything I should know before going ahead?
There’s a limit of 60 music tracks and profiles but that’s about it

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Some normal moves

He can glide like Peach

His jab is a basic 1 2 3 punch

His dash attack has him roll up into a ball and do a classic dust cloud fight

His down air had him drop down quicker in a downward punch

All of his arials use mosquito in some way
downloadfile-48.jpg

Normal Special: Rocket Punch

Rayman would use his signature ability to punch with his limbless hands, due to being limbless they would gi back to him like a boomerang, you can still move while the fist is moving to change its trajectory, this can be charged for longer range.

downloadfile-33.jpg

Down Special: Plum Place

Rayman has the abilty to drop plums to the ground, they acts as walls that can be pushed with his attacks, they can land on other characters making them stunned and there heads can be used as platforms.

downloadfile-53.jpg

Side Special: Frying Pan

Acts similarly to Bowser Jr's side special but cant be turned around, Rayman rides a frying pan that can spike and bury opponents.

downloadfile-51.jpg

Up Special: Helicoptor Hair

Rayman uses his hair to glide up, acts like K. Rool's up special, his hair will be purple when used and when run out will be back into his normal glide.

Final Smash:
Shell Rocket
downloadfile-117.jpg

From the background Rayman whistles for a Shell Rocket, he then rides it towards a hallway to the stage and can manipulate it to the location he wants it to explode in.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
There’s a limit of 60 music tracks and profiles but that’s about it
Okay then, good to know!

So here's my tracklist for Harrier. Worth noting that I purposefully left out some series that I think still have the potential to get in as their own self-contained thing later on, like VF and Puyo Puyo

1. Space Harrier Theme
  2. Battle Field - Space Harrier
  3. Space Harrier Medley (Squilla/Ida/Godarni/White Summer)
  4. Haya-Oh - Space Harrier (Master System port)
  5. Bright Rays - Space Harrier 3-D
  6. Legend of Harrier - Space Harrier II
  7. Main Theme - Hang-On
  8. Outride a Crisis - Super Hang-On
  9. Sprinter - Super Hang-On
  10. Opa-Opa! - Fantasy Zone
  11. Ya-Da-Yo - Fantasy Zone
  12. Quartet Theme - Quartet
  13. FM Funk - Quartet
  14. Main Theme - Enduro Racer
  15. Magical Sound Shower - OutRun
  16. Splash Wave - OutRun
  17. Passing Breeze - OutRun
  18. Rush a Difficulty - Turbo OutRun
  19. System Down - SDI
  20. Illusion - SDI
  21. After Burner - After Burner
  22. Final Take-Off - After Burner
  23. Earth Frame G - G-LOC R360
  24. Thunder Blade Medley (Thunder Blade/Burning Point)
  25. Beyond the Galaxy - Galaxy Force
  26. Defeat - Galaxy Force
  27. Like the Wind - Power Drift
  28. Origin ~Awaken~ - Gain Ground
  29. Rise From Your Grave - Altered Beast
  30. Wilderness - Golden Axe
  31. Clotho - Columns
  32. Soup Up - Rad Mobile
  33. Virtua Racing Medley (Waiting Your Entry/Course Select)
  34. Replay - Virtua Racing Deluxe
  35. Let's Go Away - Daytona USA
  36. Sky High - Daytona USA
  37. Arms Black Market - Virtua Cop
  38. Gang Headquarters - Virtua Cop
  39. Desert Replay - SEGA Rally Championship (Saturn port)
  40. Go! Go! SEGA Rally - SEGA Rally 2
  41. Armstone Town (Day) - Fighting Vipers
  42. In the Blue Sky - Cyber Troopers Virtual-ON
  43. Fade to Black - Cyber Troopers Virtual-ON
  44. Flight in the Dark - SCUD Race
  45. Theme of Spikeout - Spikeout: Digital Battle Online
  46. AMS Agent ~HotD2 ver.~ - The House of the Dead
  47. Theme of the Magician ~HotD2 ver.~ - The House of the Dead
  48. Vamos a Carnaval - Samba de Amigo
  49. Main Theme - Flicky
  50. Main Theme - Zoom 909 (SG-1000 port)
I might also do some profiles later today

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Most of Rayman's moveset are based on the attack system in Rayman Origins and Legends, with some aspects borrowed from the other games.

Rayman can use a wall jump, crawl on the ground and even glide in the air by spinning his hair like a helicopter to slow down his descent similarly to Peach's.

Normal Moves:
  • Jab Combo - Like Min Min, Rayman does a series of three consecutive punches (left, right, left) before finishing up with a stronger, right punch.
  • Jab/Side Tilt/Neutral Air (Hold) - Telescopic Fist: Like Steve, Rayman can attack while moving around by spinning his fist. Releasing the button will make him shoot it forward a distance depending on charge before it flies back to him. When fully charged, his fist will turn golden and do more damage (referencing a Golden Fist power-up).
  • Side Tilt - Rayman punches twice and then does a roundhouse kick as he leaps forward. Like in Origins and Legends, this can be done by pressing a button three times while moving.
  • Up Tilt - Rayman performs a right hook upwards, then follows up with a upwards left hook when pressing the button again.
  • Down Tilt - Rayman does a sweeping kick with his right foot, tripping an opponent when close to them.
  • Dash Attack - Rayman twirls around like a pirouette as he spins his fists twice, while running forward.
Smash Attacks:
  • Side Smash - Rayman rears back and starts to wind up his fist by spinning it around. When released, he will punch forward a set distance.
  • Up Smash - Same as his Side Smash, except that Rayman performs an spinning uppercut instead of punching forwards.
  • Down Smash - Rayman winds up a fist over his head and then punches the ground, creating a small shockwave around him. It can meteor-smash if used on a ledge or a thin platform.
Aerial Attacks:
  • Neutral Air - Rayman simply kicks forwards mid-air.
  • Forward Air - Rayman puts his fists together and then quickly swings them downwards in-front of him. It can meteor-smash when timed correctly.
  • Back Air - Rayman performs a backwards kick, swinging from in-front of quickly to behind him like Cloud’s Back Air.
  • Up Air - Rayman kicks upwards with his right foot growing in size.
  • Down Air - Bodyshot: Rayman takes his body/torso and chucks it downwards a fair distance before it comes back, meteor-smashing opponents below him. Based on one of his moves in the Game Boy Advance version of Rayman 3.
Grab/Throw Moves:
  • Grab - Rayman reaches out both of his hands to grab the opponent. If Rayman has Lockjaw, he tosses out a chain with a bear-trap on its top to latch an opponent and pull them onto him.
  • Pummel - Rayman simply headbutts the opponent with his head. If Rayman has Lockjaw, he electrifies a chain to shock the opponent.
  • Forward Throw - Rayman picks up an opponent with both hands and starts carrying them around while his mobility decreases during this, able to toss them in any direction. Based on how he uses pickable objects in Rayman 2 and Donkey Kong’s Forward Throw.
  • Back Throw - Rayman spins the opponent around twice and then tosses them backwards. If Rayman has Lockjaw, he can hit other opponents while spinning around.
  • Up Throw - Rayman holds the opponent with both hands and then tosses them upwards into the air like his Forward Throw’s upwards variation.
  • Down Throw - Rayman slams an opponent into the ground, bouncing them right up.
Special Moves:
  • Shield Special - Combat Fatigue Switch: Similarly to Shulk’s Monado Arts, Rayman is capable of choosing five different Combat-Fatigues from Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for different powers, slightly changing up some of his moves.
    • Vortex - Each of Rayman’s fist attacks shoots a small tornado (or a much bigger one which traps opponents when fully charging a Side Smash), slightly damaging an opponent while pushing them away with its windbox.
    • Heavy Metal Fist - Makes Rayman’s fist attacks more stronger and makes it easier to meteor-smash/spike opponents with certain moves.
    • Lockjaw - Gives Rayman’s grab a tether recovery and makes his throws more stronger. He can also shoot a bear-trap from the top of a chain to inflict damage like Min Min’s Dragon arm by pressing the button again when attacking.
    • Shock Rocket - Gives Rayman’s fist attacks an explosive effect when landing them. Also changes Rayman’s Neutral Special.
    • Throttle Copter - Makes Rayman’s helicopter hair-related attacks more stronger and allows him to damage opponents from above during his Up Special with faster movement at the same time.
  • Neutral Special - Magic Fist: Rayman shoots a light orb forward from his hand. He can launch up to two at maximum and angle shots diagonally upwards or downwards. When an orb hits a surface or gets reflected, it will become stronger and faster with each bounce (able to ricochet two times). It explodes when it touches an opponent, item or destructible objects.
  • Neutral Special #2 - Shock Rocket: If Rayman has a Shock Rocket equipped via his Shield Special, he will shoot a small rocket instead, which he can control akin to Snake’s. Like Magic Fist, it explodes when hitting an opponent or any surface (not ricocheting unlike it).
  • Side Special - Walking Shell: An explosive shell suddenly appears out of nowhere as Rayman rides it straight forward. When hitting something, it will explode. Rayman can jump out of it while it runs (as it continues doing so), otherwise, he will take a little damage when exploding.
  • Up Special - Super Helicopter/Throttle Copter: Rayman’s hair suddenly changes to blue as he rises up into the air by spinning it like a helicopter, being able to freely fly around for a few seconds. After this, he will fall down as he uses his helicopter hair to glide slowly onto the ground. If Rayman has a Throttle Copter, he will move much faster and propellers can damage opponents above his head.
  • Down Special - Plum Drop: Rayman pulls out a large purple plum and places it directly below him, able to stand on it as a platform and damage opponents when it bounces around by attacking it. Rayman can also catch it by pressing the “grab” button, able to carry and throw it forwards or upwards like his cargo throw.
  • Final Smash - Legends Attack: Rayman whistles to summon Bzzit, a moskito, who flies forward at quick speeds to blitz through opponents, triggering a cutscene where Rayman and his allies/friends (Globox, Barbara, Grand Minimus and Goth Teensie) jumps towards opponents and starts beating them up akin to Shulk’s Chain Attack. Rayman then does a finishing, powerful punch that sends them flying out long distances.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Aight, now here are some SEGA arcade profiles

1. Pengo (Pengo)
  2. Congo Bongo (Congo Bongo)
  3. Motorcycle Rider (Hang-On)
  4. Kurumi (Ninja Princess)
  5. Teddy Boy (Teddy Boy Blues)
  6. Tom-Tom (Wonder Boy)
  7. F-14 Tomcat (After Burner)
  8. Joe, Lee, Mary and Edgar (Quartet)
  9. Ricky and Mary (Alien Syndrome)
  10. Joe Musashi (Shinobi)
  11. Centurion (Altered Beast)
  12. Neff (Altered Beast)
  13. Bin and Pin (Dynamite Düx)
  14. Johnny, Betty and Athra (Gain Ground)
  15. TRY-Z (Galaxy Force)
  16. Mark (Power Drift)
  17. Ben and Andy (Crack Down)
  18. Duke Oda (Cyber Police E-SWAT)
  19. Gilius Thunderhead (Golden Axe)
  20. Ax Battler (Golden Axe)
  21. Tyris Flare (Golden Axe)
  22. Death Adder (Golden Axe)
  23. Elf Thieves (Golden Axe)
  24. Karen, Garth and Scooter (Alien Storm)
  25. Mobo and Robo (Bonanza Bros.)
  26. Ramaya (Arabian Fight)
  27. Virtua Formula (Virtua Racing)
  28. Hornet (Daytona USA)
  29. Michael Hardy and James Cools (Virtua Cop)
  30. Janet Marshall (Virtua Cop)
  31. Bahn (Fighting Vipers)
  32. Honey (Fighting Vipers)
  33. Toyota Celica GT-Four (SEGA Rally)
  34. Yusaku Kudo (Last Bronx)
  35. Yoko Kono (Last Bronx)
  36. Temjin (Cyber Troopers Virtual-ON)
  37. Fei-Yen (Cyber Troopers Virtual-ON)
  38. Bruno Delinger (Dynamite Cop)
  39. Agent G and Thomas Rogan (The House of the Dead)
  40. Dr. Curien (The House of the Dead)
  41. Magician Type-0 (The House of the Dead)
  42. James Taylor and Gary Stewart (The House of the Dead)
  43. Rikiya Busujima (Zombie Revenge/The House of the Dead)
  44. Spike (Spikeout)
  45. Torel (The Ocean Hunter)
  46. B.D. Joe (Crazy Taxi)
  47. Amigo (Samba de Amigo)
  48. Hang-On Arcade Cabinet
  49. Space Harrier Arcade Cabinet
  50. OutRun Arcade Cabinet
  51. R360 G-LOC Arcade Cabinet

AlRex

Smash Lord
Keep this in mind for the next Character job...
The Companies That Have Only One Full Playable Character
-Activision
-Namco [Because Ms. Pac-Man is just an Echo]
-Broderbund [I'm doubting this one unless someone wants to nominate Mavis Beacon or Reader Rabbit]
-Valve
-Rockstar
-Toby Fox [that's one person, with a decent amount of collaborators, granted]
-Yacht Club Games [It's pretty much just other Shovel Knight characters here, right?]
-Ubisoft
-SNK

Top Bottom