• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: The Super Smash Bros of Another Universe!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Can someone please explain why they want more Nintendo reps? They have the most by a significant margin and don't really have many remaining "must have" characters. An extra Pokémon is the only Nintendo thing I think we need, but that's probably best saved for DLC methinks
I specifically mentioned Fire Emblem as we do not have a proper Strategy RPG rep yet and Fire Emblem did a lot for the genre. That is really the only Nintendo franchise that I believe needs representation.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
In terms of the playable roster, the only thing that feels awkward to me are the lack a character from Sony. I do like the roster that we have since it has a diverse cast, and it has some oddballs like the other SSB games (Clippy, Carmen Sandiego, and Space Harrier are the ones that I think of in this case). I’d like another FF character, but there’s not really much room left. In terms of other possible playable characters, I don’t think another Pokemon would be farfetched for the series’s popularity.

Since Nuketown and Nemisis are now in, the only franchise that feels missing in terms of non-Sony franchises is Animal Crossing (if we get another assist, I think. I’ll nominate Villager/Isabelle).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don't know how much we're actually leaning into the AU stuff but in a world without Melee its likely FE doesn't become as big in the West. So I personally don't think it's as likely as folks say. But we could always just say Awakening came out and was a smash hit lmao.

I'm in the middle where I don't think Nintendo have "too much" but I also don't think they necessarily need any more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My thoughts on sony: at first I was a little hesitant to put sony characters in this thread’s base game because it would be unrealistic for a thing like this and I wanted to keep things at least a little realistic but now I’ve loosened up a bit and I’m about 50/50 on it. They do seem essential for an “ultimate videogame crossover” but my main issue is that it would seem really weird to have any less than two and with the limited space we have it might be difficult to get two. I’m leaning more towards leaving them as DLC currently.

Anyways about the actual roster, I like it! I would maybe add another retro rep, either spyro or another crash bandicoot rep, as well as second rep for pokemon or final fantasy but those could be DLC. There’s not too many specific characters I want and I’m mostly satisfied the way it is.

Also @Darkonedagger the fire emblem thing would probably be true but speculation about the way the games industry would be different in this universe kind of complicates things so I think we’ll leave it out for now.

D

Deleted member

I would be totally fine with an FE rep btw. Was just kinda joking around. Like I said its not actualy an issue at all.

In terms of Sony. I think it's already pretty unlikely that you're getting like Square, Ubisoft, Rockstar, Valve, Capcom and all these other publishers to aggre to take part in what would be an untested new IP so I see no reason not to include Sony characters. Waiting till DLC might be a good idea though.

AlRex

Smash Lord
-The only Nintendo characters I really think need to be on are Peach, Zelda, Ganon, and another Pokemon, but that's already probably too much. Mostly there I'm just thinking of who are the biggest Nintendo characters in total + Pokemon seeming too big to only have just one character. I'm doubting Fire Emblem would be as present in people's minds here if it hadn't gotten into Smash in our timeline. Granted, this is mostly a Western board, but still. Adding some more Nintendo characters as Assists seems like a good option, though.
-Sony should get something, even if we wait until DLC. I think the ideal way is to have a PS1, PS2, PS3, and PS4/PS5 representative, but given we're nearing the end + DLC, we can probably kill a few birds with fewer stones in that regard.
-We've got Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Pokemon for JRPGs, Undertale and Fallout for RPGs in general, Legend of Zelda is somewhat adjacent...the only major RPG gap I can think of is SMT/Persona. Maybe Kingdom Hearts. Other than that, a lot of JRPGs are one-offs or ones that are perhaps overestimated in prominence. Maybe I'm biased myself. I dunno.
-I think the FPS genre are pretty well covered at this point, too, given DOOMGuy, Master Chief, and Gordon Freeman, although TF2, Duke Nukem, or Portal could be entertaining in their own right.
-Platformers...the only other prominent one I can think of is Spyro and some of the outright Sony-owned mascots, though we've already kind of discussed those in some respects.
-Fighting games...we're pretty well covered there, too. We've got Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Fatal Fury/King of Fighters, Tekken, that's even one more big name than OT's Smash has. We even have an MVC2 character in here! After that, everything else seems like icing on the cake, relatively speaking. Guilty Gear/BlazBlue and Soul Calibur are the biggest other names I can think of, to the point of me previously wanting Yoshimitsu to rep two games with one character. I'd like Darkstalkers, but that feels like personal bias. SkullGirls could be alright, but we seem decently covered for indie games.
-We don't really have a beat-em-up, racing, SHMUP, or rhythm character, though I'm not 100% on who'd be the front-runners there. We could possibly still have alternate ways of repping those genres, or keep them in mind for DLC, but it's possible to get at least one of these into the roster still.
-Back to indie games...Reimu and Quote could be neat, but we perhaps have too many shooting characters. Freddy Fazbear seems more like an Assist than anything, though we've come up with unconventional movesets before. Other than that, it's variable who could be included here, if we include any more.
-Realism/cartoon debate...there are characters that fit into either category that work. I wouldn't mind unconventional things like a spaceship or Centipede or something of that nature, though I suppose we already have at least one character like that with Clippy.
-Chun-Li's the only other character I can think of that really should be in for a secondary series rep. Maybe an RE protagonist but I'm pretty alright with Nemesis as the RE rep.
-Underrated option: a LucasArts character. Then again, we technically have Phoenix Wright and Carmen Sandiego for point-and-click characters. But if Sam & Max are eligible, I'll jump at whatever's the next chance to get them in.

I think that's quite a lot I've already said. So I'd pretty much just say if we get Sony, Chun-Li, another Pokemon, and some less represented genres by the end of this, we'll be pretty good, because the roster already covers a lot.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I think our roster is pretty solid as it is. There's always room to grow, though, which is natural when we're doing a roster that covers All Of Video GamesTM

If there's any pick I really have to shout out, it's Harrier. I think people really tend to underestimate just how iconic and important arcade games are to SEGA's history, so getting to showcase that facet of their history in its full glory made me really happy, considering how often people, when picking SEGA stuff other than Sonic for these kinds of things, just go for either Scrimblo Bimblo or stuff that's currently popular with the mainstream, and completely ignore this part - and other parts - of their history. So I'm glad we got to do something cool and didn't go the safe route when it comes to non-Sonic SEGA representation.

As for where we can go from here, well we can still do a lot. Of course we kinda have to add a Sony rep at some point, there's still big stuff we can add from the already-involved companies, some unrepped genres we can rep, there's plenty of things we can double dip on, and I'd really like to see some more Carmen-esque crazy outside legacy picks. Like, I dunno, a microcomputer rep or something.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Job #151 Submit A Valve Character
Please submit a character owned by Valve. Submit the character, explain who they are and a bit about how they would fight, and why they should be in this game.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 151

Team Fortress

Valve teams up with Adult Swim for 'Team Fortress 2' mystery project -  Polygon

The playable characters in Team Fortress 2. TF2 is one of the most popular multiplayer shooters and it's characters have gained such notoriety and fame due to their great designs and personalities

I'm Saying all 9 of them should be playable. A Major theme of TF2's Gameplay is team synergy so in terms of gameplay this could lead to combos being the main path to victory and utilizing all of your abilities for total control. We also don't have a stance fighter.

there are many ways to implement all 9 classes, for example:

They could work similarly to how Team Fortress did in SASART by having 3 out at a time

Or having each attack correspond to a different character

Or switch between Offense Defense and Support

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Job 151: Chell (Portal)
ChellPortal2.png

Would be perhaps one of the most unique and tricky playstyles in the game with the use of Portals alone, along with her generally more puzzle-solving oriented aspects rather than a conventional shooter. Portal is a prominent enough game to continue to get referenced years later, including in a Japanese-published game like Super Bomberman R, and in broader, less gaming-focused crossovers like LEGO Dimensions, and "Still Alive" reappearing in the game Rock Band. Portal 1 and 2 are particularly unique games that have been appreciated as particularly unique and high-praised titles from both casual and hardcore audiences alike. Plus another female character wouldn't hurt.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay I have a submission and uh… it’s a weird one.

It’s Isaac from Half-Life… except he acts like a rep for the videogame Garry’s Mod. We’ll just call him “Modder.”
Isaac is a moderately important half life character who was made the default skin of the game Garry’s Mod. Gmod is sort of a fangame for valve and half life that got officially published by valve themselves. It’s a sandbox game where there’s no clear objective and thousands of fan created maps, weapons, characters, gamemodes and just things to do.

Before I get into why I think this character should be in smash, I’ll explain a bit about how I think their moveset would work. Modder would obviously be a character good for mix-ups with a lot of crazy tools and options. I think he would be able to use a few guns and weapons from half life and tf2 but he would mostly fight with tools and items from those games and from gmod like the camera. I think he would heavily use the gravity gun, maybe even the portal gun, and it might even be funny to have him throw ragdoll models of different valve characters. Speaking of that, since you can change your skin in gmod I think we could get some non-gordon or alyx half life characters to be his alternate costumes.

About why I think he should be in smash, I think he would be a great way of repping not only the sillier side of valve (which is pretty much all of it) but also fan created content which is a huge part of the videogame industry and pop culture in general. He would also be a really unique and fun addition playstyle wise.

D

Deleted member

Survivors (Left For Dead)

We already have Nemesis, but I think it would be cool to add another horror character and I think these guys could have the moveset a Resident Evil protagonist would have had, making use of weapons and summoning zombies. They would all be alts of each other.

Job 151:
Soldier (CSGO)

Soldier is a Avatar character, who appears in Counter Strike: Global Offensive and he fights with other players while shooting. He could represent Multiplayer Shooter Games and he could be Unexpected pick.

As the Playable Rep, he could use Weapons like AK-74 as Neutral Special or Rocket Launcher as Side B. He could play like Snake or Master Chhef, but he could have different weapon than Snake and he could have a Gimmick, where there is Soldier's POV next to UI and there will be Zoom Aiming, where you can aim your Attack like Side Smash at enemy's Body to male a Critical Headshot to KO the Opponent.

I nominate the Soldier, because he could be Like I said Earlier, represent Multiplayer Shooting Game genre and he could be toned down with blood. Even though, he could be unique pick due to have Original Gimmick, where His POV is shown next to UI with Percentage. He could make Headshots to KO opponents. Cool, isn't it?

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
1. Team Fortress (especially Heavy, Soldier and Scout - most popular requests centering on TF2)
2. Modder
3. Survivors

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #151 voting:
Medic 2
Team Fortress 15
Chell 14
Modder 12
Survivors 5
Soldier 0

And so Team Fortress will be added as a character! Just so everyone knows we will decide how exactly they work as fighters when we do the moveset. Anyways let’s move onto the next job:

Job #152: Submit An Item
This is gonna be our second-last item job and so it’s gonna be completely open. Just submit an item for any series, represented or not, and explain how it work. If it’s for a series without any fighters it will deconfirm the series for a playable character.

Job 152:
NES Zapper (Nintendo Series)

When spawned, it acts like Ray Gun or Super Scope, but the Reticle shows in front of it and you can aim at Anywhere. If shot at enemy, it gets stunned and blinded. It can be good item for preventing from Recoveries like Stunning the opponent before getting on Platform.

I nominate the NES Zapper, because it could represent Nintendo Hardware and it could Ray Gun of AU SSB. It could very fun item for the Game, especially when it's useful as Anti-Recovery Item to prevent People from Recovering back to Stage.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I'm submitting Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 's idea for Bugsnax

Healing item: Bugsnax (Bugsnax)

There are a few different types of Bugsnax that can appear, they can be sorted into "flying" and "grounded" - you have to hit one of these pesky buggers before you chow down, and someone can steal a Bugsnak you just attacked. They're very fast and thus hard to catch, but heal generously and luckily will not slowly consume your body like a deadly parasite.

D

Deleted member

NeoGeo Arcade Machine

Spawns onto the stage. It is activated by hiting it. When activitied it will play the iconic NeoGeo jingle and will summon a character from an SNK Arcade game. However these characters will not be full new models like the assist trophies but rather will be sprites taken from the original games. They will move as they did in their source game.

These characters include:

Ryo Sakazaki (Art of Fighting)
Nakoruru (Samurai Showdown)
Athena (Athena)
Marco (Metal Slug)
Ralf and Clark (Ikari Warriors)
Elta (Magician Lord)
Golfer (Neo Turf Masters)
Windjammers (Windjammers)
Iori Yagami (King Of Fighters)
Geese Howard (Fatal Fury)

AlRex

Smash Lord
Split Clone (Ninja Gaiden)
ninja-gaiden-split-clone.png

Collect this item and you can temporarily create a holographic/light-based clone of your character, which will imitate each movement you do about 5 seconds or so after you do it. This can be used to rack up extra damage, and they themselves are immune to damage, though projectiles and other attacks will pass through them, so be careful. They will freeze in place if you stop moving around as much.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I will submit Bad Bomber from Bomberman
CC9E16BB-33E2-46AA-996D-225FD9D762FF.jpeg

Once players get in, they can fly around the screen and throw one bomb at a time which explodes in the shape of bombermans explosions when it hits the ground. After a certain amount of time the cart will start to fade away and then disappear, putting anyone inside into freefall meaning you want to be careful not to be too far from the stage when using this item.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Top Bottom