• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: The Super Smash Bros of Another Universe!

AlRex

Smash Lord
Job 15: Some of the biggest options have already been submitted, so I'll put in a personal favorite...
Marco-MSXXOL.png

Marco Rossi, from Metal Slug!
So far, we don't have a shooter type of character, and he could vary that up with some thrown explosives, knives, different types of guns and ammo (ROCKET LAUNCHER! HEAVY MACHINE GUN!), and even hopping into the titular Metal Slug tank. He could also have alts for the other main three characters besides him, Tarma, Eri, and Fio.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Dirk the Daring

Dirk is the main protagonist of the 1983 arcade game Dragon's Lair. He's a tall, thin, cowardly, and overall goofy hero who wishes to save a princess from an evil dragon. The game was very good-looking for its time and featured a unique QTE-based gameplay system. Some call it clunky, I call it charming. As for how he would play, he would be our second swordfighter alongside Link, but he would be much lighter and make use of environmental obstacles from his game as means of attack, as well as things like an axe and a crossbow.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
anyways here’s a post I actually intended to make...
Job 15 is over and these are all the submissions. Please vote for your top three in order. You can only put your own submissions in second or third place. Like I said before we will add the top two most voted characters from this job.

Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Pac-Man
Pupp135 Pupp135 Donkey Kong
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Scorpion
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Knight and Ostrich
Yiptap Yiptap Dig Dug
AlRex AlRex Marco Rossi
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu Dirk the Daring

These submissions are so interesting to me that it was really hard to pick my top three characters, but these are the ones I’ve went with:
1. Donkey Kong
2. Pac-Man
3. Dirk the Daring

AlRex

Smash Lord
1. Pac-Man
2. Scorpion
3. Marco Rossi

I didn't wanna toot my own horn, but Marco narrowly edged out Dirk for me in terms of potential moveset, and Pac-Man and Scorpion seemed to be the most important/interesting characters to add in. I like DK, but I wanted to see more non-Nintendo characters at the moment, could add DK later, maybe. The Knight + Ostrich and Dig Dug seemed interesting, but I didn't feel like they were currently justified over the other options.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results from Job #15:
Pac-Man 18
Donkey Kong 6
Scorpion 11
Knight and Ostrich 5
Dig Dug 2
Marco Rossi 2
Dirk the Daring 3

And so the characters we're going to add are (unsurprisingly) Pac-Man and (just a tiny bit more surprisingly) Scorpion. Thanks for the votes and submissions everyone! Job #16 will start in a few hours.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Job #16: Submit a Final Smash for Mario

Mario dosen’t have a final smash yet so this job will be about adding a final smash for him. I suggest looking over the moveset we decided on for him so you can get a feel of how we works in this game. The moveset is on the first post but I’ll post it again here just for convenience:

Job #8

Mario is still a standard beginner "shoto" fighter. However, he has a better mobility and worse defense, though his attack power is the same as it's always been. he is more true to his games and does not bare his irate expression as seen in our world's Smash.

Neutral B: Super Star Swing: A command grab. You can only throw your foe backwards, but you can determine the strength of the throw by holding the joystick left or right

Up B: Spin Jump - an attacking recovery move than can reflect projectiles. The height of this move is one of Mario's biggest weaknesses, but it's still relatively reliable (or in simple terms, better than SSBU Doc's up B)

Side B: Fireball - virtually the same, however Mario can now run while spawning fire balls and there's less cooldown at the expense of power.
Down B: Ground Pound - comparable to Yoshi's from our world

Mario's other moves are the same as SSBU with a few small exceptions:
Down tilt is a Raccoon tail swipe
Up air is an uppercut like the Super Jump Punch or up tilt
Side Smash is now a short range projectile with the Cannon Box.
Up throw has Mario throw the foe into a Super Launch Star
Forward throw now resembles Dr. Mario's back throw from SSBU
Down air is Dr. Mario's stomp from SSBU, which replaces Fair as Mario's only spike. Fair is not changed other than not spiking

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Mario's Final Smash would be T-Rex

Mario would throw Cappy forward, around the length of Joker's Final Smash. The fighters caught would be transported to Fossil Falls, where they would look around confused, in front of a giant stone block (like those seen in Super Mario Odyssey). Mario while possessing the T-Rex would then crush the block by charging forward. He would then chase the caught fighters until the T-Rex finally catches up to them ans swings his tail to hit them.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mario's Final Smash would be Super Star Rush.

Mario turns invincible and dashes forwards. If the move connects, Mario will go into a cutscene where he runs across a 3D landscape made of 2D sprites from Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World, knocking out enemies on the way. The foes caught in the move are knocked back so fast the non-controllable Mario has to chase them to give them a big kick.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay so I don’t expect Job #16 to get many submissions now, so to compensate I’ll just start the next job now.

Job #17: Submit an Assist Trophy from a represented series and/or an Assist Trophy from an unrepresented series

We don’t have many assist trophies now so this job will add some. I would like you to submit an assist trophy from a series we already have represented and one that isn’t yet represented, although if you like you can submit one or the other. Remember this will deconfirm characters from getting in. It’ll also deconfirm series from getting a character.

I would also prefer you to submit characters from series that don’t have any assist trophies yet in this game.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
ATs:

Jill & Drill Dozer

Functions as she does in Brawl - however, the Gear Gauge now appears on screen. When it shifts up, Jill becomes faster and more powerful.

Shadow the Hedgehog

Shadow functions almost as he does in Ultimate - however, he will also teleport during the final phase of the AT to kick one of the frozen foes. Once the freeze ends they'll spike straight downwards.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
ATs:
Hat Kid

As an assist trophy, Hat Kid would run around the stage, hitting people with her umbrella. She could also switch hats, like the sprint hat, which makes Hat Kid sprint to the nearest opponent and punch them (4% chance for Hat Kid to use her scooter). Other hats would include the time stop hat, which does the same thing as Shadow for 4 seconds, the brewing hat which makes Hat Kid throw explosive concoctions at opponents, and the ice hat which does the same thing as Kirby's down special (only activates in the air, causes a small, icy shockwave). And that covers it!

Rosalina and Luma

(I'll be honest, they never deserved to get in as fighters in the first place, so I'll deconfirm them here)
As assist trophies, Rosalina would have Luma fight for her. She would use her wand to make Luma punch, charge forwards, and shoot Star Bits. She would also be able to reflect projectiles, one projectile at a time. And yes, they are both K.O.able.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Job 17:

Creeper from Minecraft

1623672466302.png

The creeper would chase an adjacent player, and once it is close enough, it will explode.

Ghosts from Pac-Man
1623672401319.png

The ghost roam around the stage horizontally and vertically, damaging people who touch them.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submissions:

Pong

Exactly how the Color TV-Game 15 assist works in our universe but now we can actually call it Pong. I think it’s important to include assist trophies of all shapes and sizes for some gameplay variety.

Bowser Jr

In the koopa clown car he will fly across the stage and throw koopa shells and bombs at enemies. If anyone gets close to him he will try to hit them away with his paintbrush. He is possible to KO, though.

Job #15 will wrap up in a couple of hours BTW.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Would it be OK if I left the final smash blank for further moveset submissions? I think I prefer doing and voting on FSes seperately as they aren't really part of a character's overall playstyle.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Would it be OK if I left the final smash blank for further moveset submissions? I think I prefer doing and voting on FSes seperately as they aren't really part of a character's overall playstyle.
Sure, I don’t see any problem with that. Submitting the final smash separately could be fun and add some variety so I think that’s a good idea.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #17

The Tank (Left 4 Dead)
BAD712FE-E748-4B93-B12E-0EB97C0B4E4D.png
When summoned, the Tank will make a huge growl and run towards the nearest fighter. The Tank is constantly filled with unbridled rage, the only break anyone will have is when he does his growl or when he is about to throw a huge rock. One hit from the Tank will cause a heavy amount of damage. The Tank is super strong, which makes it almost impossible to fight back.

Bo’ Rai Cho (Mortal Kombat)
855C4620-FA2A-4A14-8A54-DBAC1F42C726.png

When summoned, Bo’ Rai Cho will take a huge drink out of his furnace and begin to puke across the stage. When fighters step on the vomit, they will be slowed down. Fighters will slide if they are running when they step on the vomit. Then, Bo’ Rai Cho will use the Drunken Fist on opponents (a series of strikes to the opponent’s body, ending with a finishing kick), knocking the fighter back. Before leaving, Bo’ Rai Cho will take one last drink and be gone.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
JOB 17:
Resubmitting Marth from earlier.
JOB 9: Marth (Fire Emblem)

Marth from the cult classic JRPG strategy series Fire Emblem will be joining the fight as an Assist Trophy. Marth will act much like a normal fighter-kind of like how Ghirahim or Alucard work in our world. Marth has four moves he can pull off:
Shield Breaker: Marth leans back before stabbing forward, completely taking out any shield in his way.
Dancing Blade: Marth swings forward three times, each in a very swift and elegant motion. Each swing is fairly weak but hits into the next one. The fourth and final hit is much stronger and pops the opponent up in the air, preparing them for an attack from another fighter.
Dolphin Slash: An extremely fast move, Marth seemingly flies up with his sword. The first part of this move does a ton of knockback at later percents, and a decent amount of damage as well. However the later parts of the move are fairly weak. Marth can use this move both to attack and recover to the stage after being knocked off.
Counter: If Marth feels defensive, he might activate this move. He puts his sword in front of him and stops-and if he is hit in the first second of the move being active, he will block the attack completely and counterattack with a stronger swing of his sword. But if you simply wait a bit, you have an opening to attack him safely.
Marth does not take a lot of hits-in fact, one uncharged forward smash from a strong enough character might be able to do him in completely-however he is one of the strongest Assist Trophies in the game for how powerful and varied his sword attacks are.

When despawning, Marth will say something cool in Japanese, sheath his blade, and vanish.
And for my second Assist Trophy, I submit Goopy Le Grande from Cuphead.

He will bounce around the stage, turning around when hitting the end of the stage. After every few jumps, Goopy will lean back and throw himself forward with his long neck. This does a lot of damage and knockback to anyone hit by it. Goopy is almost a mini-boss in that sense. He also has some of the most health when it comes to attackable Assist Trophies.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay, Job #17 is officially over. Please vote for one of these submissions:
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Jill & Drill Dozer
Yiptap Yiptap Hat Kid
Pupp135 Pupp135 Creeper
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Pong
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 The Tank
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu Marth

As well as one of these submissions:
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Shadow
Yiptap Yiptap Rosalina & Luma
Pupp135 Pupp135 Ghosts
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Bowser Jr.
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Bo’ Rai Cho
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu Goopy Le Grande

Vote for your top three most wanted in order. You can only put your own submission in second or third place.

My votes are:
1. Marth
2. Pong
3. Tank

1. Goopy
2. Bo Rai Cho
3. Bowser Jr.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Sorry, I started writing mine right before the job ended. D'oh.

Out of the ones listed, I'll vote
1. Marth
2. Pong
3. Creeper

1. Ghosts
2. Goopy
3. Shadow

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. Pong
2. Marth
3. Creeper

1. Shadow (Yeah I love Shadow, but I have a feeling he won't get in this thread's Smash game-so I'll settle on a badass Assist Trophy. Really like the teleport kick that Wawawa added. Plus I feel like he'll manage to snag a spot in the Infinite thread so no biggie)
2. Ghosts
3. Rosalina and Luma

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are results from Job #17:

Jill & Drill Dozer 1
Hat Kid 8
Creeper 2
Pong 12
The Tank 2
Marth 11

Shadow 6
Rosalina & Luma 6
Ghosts 8
Bowser Jr 5
Bo’ Rai Cho 3
Goopy Le Grande 9

And so, our two new assist trophies will be Pong and Goopy Le Grande. Now, onto the next job:

Job #18: Submit a Moveset for Crash Bandicoot

Crash is the only of the first three announcement characters that we don’t have a moveset for, so for this job I would like you to make a moveset for him. You only have to submit the specials for this moveset although if you want to do other parts and the final smash, that’s OK too.

Again, I’ll probably start Job #19 soon since the moveset jobs tend not to be very popular.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Fitting his 2-hit-KO precision platforming roots, Crash is somewhat of a slow fighter (not very slow, more below-average) with a light weight - however, his moves come out quickly and are very powerful. Crash also has some great mobility options in spite of his slow walking speed.

Neutral B: Spin

The spin is a simple single-hit move. It can reflect projectiles and keep Crash in the air.

Side B: Ultimate Sacred Fire

Crash hops into a CTR kart and rams forward. You can press the button again once the boost meter reaches full capacity (the boost meter follows Crash and uses the Nitro Kart design) to boost forwards, which makes you kart faster and more powerful. You can also jump out of the kart with your selected jump input and it will continue driving, but won't boost. Every time you boost you jump a bit in the kart depending on how hard you press the B button, which can allow Crash to get onto platforms while in the kart.

Down B: Belly Slam

Crash Belly Slams downwards. He is helpless until he lands. The more vertical distance Crash has fell the more impact the move will have, meaning more damage but more endlag.

Up B: Arrow Box

Crash jumps off a metal arrow box, which falls downwards and lingers for quite some time. You and your foes can continue to jump off of it until it unspawns. Crash can spawn two Arrow Boxes at a time, and he can place one atop the other to create a crushing trap.

Not going to do all the non-specials, but I'll say a small few:

Crash's forward throw is based on Humiliskate from Twinsanity
Crash's dash attack is his butt-slam from the Titans games.
Crash's jab is the punch-punch-uppercut from the Titans games. He can move slowly while using his jab, much like Steve.
Crash's up throw has Ika Ika throw the foe upwards. This is the only use of the Quantum Masks in his moveset however.
Crash's grab is a tether using the yoyo from Skylanders
Crash's down tilt is the slide kick.

Last edited:
Top Bottom