• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: The Super Smash Bros of Another Universe!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job #22
Mappy

Rendered in 8-bit arcade glory, Mappy is a relatively simple stage, 2 hard platforms at the bottom, with 3 springs - one to the left, one to the right and one in the middle. There are 3 soft platforms above each hard platform (so a total of 6 soft platforms). The roof of the mansion is there, but a part of the background and not foreground. The springs do not function like our universe's Pac-Man's, but rather spring you up extremely high like the Spring Stadium springs regardless of colour and when broken spike you straight downwards to unavoidable doom. They do not replenish, but do respawn back in green form a bit after being broken.

Doors do not appear in any capacity on the stage, however there is a unique gimmick when it comes to items. Items do not spawn gradually, but rather each one spawns at the exact same second at a random time. Goro (the red cat) will be hiding behind exactly one of these items, and once someone picks up or uses that item he'll pop out and hold up a sign reading either "ATCK⬆", "DFNS⬆", "SPED⬆", or "ALL⬆" - determined through RNG - and the fighter who found his hiding spot will be granted said boost. Moving items like Super Mushrooms can only come out of Crates and other container items, and quite obviously items that come out of containers are not elegible to have Goro boosts. If items are turned off, the items will be replaced with the Mewkie clan's forged artefacts from the original game which you can simply walk over to see if Goro is hiding inside or not, but can't use as weapons of any kind. Items can only spawn again if every item that was in the previous wave (but not from a container) is used or despawns - same applies to the items-off artefacts.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I'd like to know if the phrasing of the job means we can submit two stages, one for each.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #22: The Pit (Mortal Kombat)
2459DB7C-F4FA-4150-A6C2-ACF38B5BEC2F.jpeg

The Pit is one of the most iconic locations in Mortal Kombat series. The stage consists of one long bridge and a second one in the background, at night. Below the bridge, there are a lot of spikes.

On the second bridge, two different fights could cameo by fighting each other the entire time. Fighters would be randomly chosen to face each other.

• Scorpion (while not in kombat)
• Sub-Zero (Bi Han)
• Raiden
• Johnny Cage
• Sonya Blade
• Kano
• Reptile
• Goro
• Liu Kang
• Hornbuckle
• Torch

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay so my stage is Namco Museum which is a transforming stage that has a lot of different namco games in it. I know it may just seem like I’m trying to one-up everybody but I actually did have this idea on my own (and if you really care I can prove it to you but I don’t think that really matters lol). Since Mappy has already been submitted earlier I won’t make it part of this stage.

Anyways there are four parts of the stage and they all have a pixel look:
1. Pac-Man

Basically just Battlefield but with a Pac-Maze aesthetic. If people want we could make it Ms. Pac-Man themed and have a separate stage for Pac-Man.

2. Dig Dug

The ground is completely breakable although it takes a while to break any part of the ground, so you can’t completely clear the screen. The enemies aren’t KO’able.

3. Galaga

You play on a completely flat surface on the ground and the enemies fly above you. People can be hit by them or even be carried off by boss galaga but you can also destroy all the enemies to keep them off the screen.

4. Splatterhouse

A completely flat scrolling stage based on Splatterhouse with the background you see in the picture. There would be some enemies but they would obviously be censored. Once this part is done you go back to Pac-Man and the cycle restarts.

My Mortal Kombat stage is the courtyard. It’ll be completely flat and pretty much just look like an HD version of this.

(Random thought: isn’t it weird that they spelled courtyard with a C instead of making it start with a K like they always do?)

AlRex

Smash Lord
Job #22
the-dead-pool.png

The Dead Pool (Mortal Kombat II)
This stage will be a modified version of the stage, with a long bridge indoors suspended slightly over a pool of acid. This layout will be more like a thinner version of the one in the Bridge of Eldin stage, but rather than part of the bridge being destroyed and then rebuilt, you can instead pass through the thinner bridge more easily. However, as said before, there is a pool of acid directly underneath it, which can heavily damage you, much like the rising acid in the Planet Zebes stage, though it won’t ever rise up. The damage will build up over time and you’ll eventually sink into it, counting as a KO, but if you move fast enough, you can get out of it, as it doesn’t deal knockback. However, this will still make it easier to KO you once you get back up. You can also be KO’d off the bridge, to the sides, Screen KO’d, or Star KO’d.

PacMansPark.jpg

Pac-Man’s Park (Pac-Mania)
An adaptation of this maze from this game. There are 5 platforms, with one main big platform being a thin, blue tube about the length of Final Destination. Above it, suspended in mid-air, are two platforms, one placed left and one placed right, slightly angled towards the screen to show off their yellow bordering, as well as the engraved image of Pac-Man, along with matching text. Below the big blue platform are similar floating platforms, but with images of ghosts and the Namco logo instead. Occasionally, like the 3DS Pac-Maze stage, you will also have pellets suddenly appear around the stage. Specific power pellets will be rare, with a 10% chance of a Power Pellet showing up that, when picked up, can heavily buff the character’s strength and durability, as well as putting an aura around them that damages opponents when they get up close. There’s also a 5% chance each for the Red Pellet and the Green Pellet, which are like the Power Pellet, but with a few extra effects. The Red Pellet will gain you more points on the win screen for KOs, and the Green Pellet will increase your speed, as well.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of Job #22. Please vote for your top three most wanted Pac-Man/Namco stage and your top three most wanted Mortal Kombat stages in order. You can only put your own submission in second or third place.
Pac-Man:
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Mappy
Pupp135 Pupp135 Pac-Maze
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Namco Museum
AlRex AlRex Pac-Man's Park

MK:
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 The Pit
Pupp135 Pupp135 Goro's Lair
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Courtyard
AlRex AlRex The Dead Pool

Also I have a quick question for everyone: Is anyone opposed to me making Link, Ryu and Pikachu have the same special moves as they do in our universe? (With OoT bombs instead of BotW remote bombs of course) If you would like to propose a different special move (Not the final smash though, we'll do that later) just say so and we'll have a vote.
Anyways my votes:

1. Pac-Man's Park
2. Namco Museum
3. Pac-Maze

1. The Pit
2. Goro's Lair
3. Courtyard

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Pac-Man
1. Pac-Man’s Park
2. Namco Museum
3. Pac-Maze

Mortal Kombat
1. The Pit
2. Courtyard
3. The Dead Pool

AlRex

Smash Lord
Pac-Man
1. Pac-Maze
2. Namco Museum
3. Pac-Man’s Park

Mortal Kombat
1. The Pit
2. The Dead Pool
3. Courtyard

Also I have a quick question for everyone: Is anyone opposed to me making Link, Ryu and Pikachu have the same special moves as they do in our universe? (With OoT bombs instead of BotW remote bombs of course) If you would like to propose a different special move (Not the final smash though, we'll do that later) just say so and we'll have a vote.
I could see maybe some differences with Pikachu, though more possibly in a Final Smash or the other moves rather than the main Specials. Link seems about right. Maybe a different FS, but it depends. Ryu is pretty standard, and the classic inputs enhancing his moves should be kept, as well.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #22 voting:
Mappy 2
Pac-Maze 11
Namco Museum 8
Pac-Man’s Park 9

The Pit 10
Goro’s Lair 2
Courtyard 7
The Dead Pool 5

And so the stages we’re gonna add are Pac-Maze and The Pit. Congratulations to the winning submissions! Now onto the next job…

Job #23: Submit a moveset for Luigi
A while ago we decided to make Luigi a semi-clone, so this job will be about what makes him different from Mario. Please submit whichever moves you think should be different from Mario’s moves. The Mario moveset we’re using can be found on the first page of this thread for reference. As always with these kinds of jobs, I might start the next job soon.

AlRex AlRex already made a submission a while ago so I’ll repost that here:
Neutral B: Poltergust 3000
Luigi is able to suck foes in with the Poltergust, but once he has them, it's functionally similar to Mario's, with him spitting them out of the Poltergust in either direction.

Side B: Fireball OR Thunder Ball
It could either be a green fireball with the differences it has with our version of Luigi, or it could be a Thunder Ball, similar in size and trajectory, but with different elemental properties.

Other than that, a lot of what Mario does in that moveset, Luigi does, as well, so it's mostly fine for him. I thought about making the Spin Jump a Flutter Jump, like in Super Mario Bros. 2, but it seemed like too much of a change and couldn't be done super effectively. You can just have stat differences like Luigi jumping higher, being slightly taller, etc.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Job #24: Submit an item from Halo
We’ve got Master Chief so I think it makes sense for us to add an item from Halo, given the series has really iconic weapons and equipment. If you aren’t really into Halo (like me lol) I suggest looking at one links of these for reference:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
This is my submissions for the halo item:

Plasma Grenade
The plasma grenade can be picked up and thrown. If it hits the floor or a wall nothing will happen and the item will disappear, but if you hit a person the bomb will stick to them for about three seconds. After these three seconds the bomb will release a massive explosion (about the size of a smart bomb in our universe) and knock the opponent away.

During these three seconds people hit by the bomb can potentially run towards other people including you and get them into the explosion. Also it dosent instantly KO people like it does in the halo games.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
1624453121454.jpeg

Type-2 Spike Grenade
This item can be picked up and thrown. When it lands on a surface or if it hits a player, it sticks to the surface/player and then releases heated metal spikes, which will injure players who come into contact. Also, these spikes can richochet if they hit another surface before hitting a player, and they last for 5 seconds before disappearing (it should technically be 7, but I think that’s too long).

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
We’ve only got like five votes but they’re all unanimous in favor of the plasma grenade item. So I’m gonna just call off the voting and announce that plasma grenade wins this job! Now the next thing…

Job #25: Submit a Final Smash for Ryu, Link or Pikachu
We’ve all decided there weren’t really gonna be any changes to these characters specials but I imagine some people might have ideas for new final smashes. So for this job I would like you to submit a potential final smash for one of these three characters. You can submit ideas for more than one of these characters if you would like.

If we don’t get any ideas for a character’s final smash we’ll just use the one already in smash.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Job #25
Pikachu: Gigavolt Havoc

Gigavolt_Havoc_(Ash's_Pikachu).png

Pikachu charges up a giant ball of electricity in front of itself before punching it forward, striking into the first foe in its path. In addition, it will also send out thinner strands of electrical energy, in multiple directions, that can deal slightly less damage to those near the electrical streams.

Ryu: Shin Shoryuken/Shinku Hadoken
ryu-mvc.png

The differences that Ryu's Final Smashes have are the same as in our timeline, with Shoryuken being used up close and Hadoken being used from further away. However, the Hadoken will become a giant beam, rather than a fairly large fireball, similar to Lucario's Final Smash. Also similarly, it can be slowly angled as it comes out.

Link: Four Swords
file_32426_zelda_four_swords_adventures_001.jpg

Link splits up into four Links wearing differently colored tunics. After the four Links hold their swords back and charge them, they will spin forward in a big Link tornado to hit into a foe or two. Once they connect, one will slice the other upward, then another will draw them back down with a hookshot, then shoot them away with a bomb arrow. After the explosion, one Link will bounce them away with a Mirror Shield, then the main Link will downward thrust into them with their sword, this being the last attack to send them flying.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My only submission for this job is to change Ryu’s final smashes to Shinku Hadouken/Shinku Tatsumaki Senpukaku. Shinku Hadouken mostly stays the same. And then instead of a super shoryuken he has a super tatsumaki senpukaku to resemble his super moves in SSFIIT and the Alpha games. They will also have the “blue outlines” that appear when Ryu does these moves in those games. Something like this (just the part at the beginning):

Anyways, I think it’s about time to start voting now. Please vote for one option in each of these polls:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay here are the results from all the strawpolls:
Pikachu’s final smash will be Givavolt Havoc
Link’s final smash will be Triforce Slash
Ryu’s final smashes will be the Shinku Hadouken and Shin Shoryuken submitted by AlRex AlRex
And Luigi’s side special will be the Lightning ball.

Thanks for all the votes everyone and I’ll start the next job in just a few minutes here.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Job #26: Submit A Cuphead Stage
One of the series we don’t have repped with any stages is Cuphead so this job will add a stage for this game. Please submit what the stage would be, an image of the stage, and how it would work.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Cuphead stage: Floral Fury

Floral Fury is very heavily based on the popular SSBU custom stage. With Hazards off it is functionally identical to said stage, but with them on Cagney Carnation will interfere in different ways.

-He can create roots beneath a platform - these do not deal damage, they merely serve as a frustrating wall like Alolan Exeggutor.
5782FCE9-7A52-4E34-A4BB-443D7799D78B.jpeg

-He can stretch out his face into the screen. This deals a very big bit of knockback and small bit of damage, but there is a warning time

-He can turn into a gattling gun and shoot seed bullets - they fall slow and deal a small bit of damage. It's pretty easy to throw foes into them, but you likely won't run into them by accident

-A power borrowed from Psycarrot, Cagney gains a third eye and shoots laser beams. These beams fall fast and diagonally, they deal a lot of damage - however, they do not deal knockback, they stun.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Wario Wario Wario’s submission of Floral Fury wins by default. I’m gonna move onto the next job really quick now.

Job #27: Submit a Mario Assist Trophy
To be completely honest, our assist trophy list feels kind of lacking without a Mario assist trophy so this job will be for adding just mario assist trophies. Please submit a character or thing, an image of them, and how they would work.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mario AT: Wario

When Wario appears, a line of text also appears instructing the fighters on what to do within the 5 second microgame that begins. Wario lazes off in the background, picking his nose and scratching his butt. Anyone who wins a microgame will be made giant. Wario effects all fighters, including the summoner and their teammates.

The possible Microgames are:

Mars Jars (Dodge!)

A bottle follows fighters around, albeit not one specific fighter. After a few seconds it will drop down - trapping any fighters beneath inside for the rest of the Microgame's duration and denying them a giant form. If multiple fighters are inside the jar you can have a pretty chaotic cave of life.

Blowin' Up (Pop!)

Three party hats(?) appear on stage, very far from one another, attack one to pop the string. All 3 must be popped for anyone to get giant.

Jimmy T. (Taunt!)

Jimmy T. covers the screen, and every time you do a full taunt (not getting hit during it or cancelling it) he'll fade a little - if Jimmy T. completely disappears, everyone who did a complete taunt will be giant.

Fragile (Don't Move!)

Need I say more?

AlRex

Smash Lord
Job #27
Mario Assist Trophy: Toad

SMR_Toad.png

Toad will appear, then either run around, pull out and toss various items from the ground (turnips that he simply tosses at foes, bombs that will explode upon impact, POW Blocks that can be hit for multiple instances of knockback, or very rarely, a stopwatch that can slow time), or he will simply leave behind an item chest for the player that unleashed him, allowing for the player to gain one of many varying Mario power-ups.

I feel like this role fits Toad the best, as he’s known to be an assistant to both the Mario Brothers and Peach, and compared to the other major Mario characters (Mario [already], Luigi [already in], Peach, Bowser, DK, Yoshi, Wario), he’s the one I feel could be ruled out the most, at least for a first game, and not counting ones that are slightly more derivative (Bowser Jr., Waluigi, and Daisy, in spite of being well-liked, probably shouldn’t be in before Bowser, Luigi, or Peach, respectively, so Bowser Jr. also seems like a valid choice for an AT right now).

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are your options for this job. We’ll do ranked voting but this time you can only vote for your top two in order. You can vote for your own submission in second place. We might add the top two most voted characters from this job.

Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario (thats alot of wario’s)
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Bowser Jr.
AlRex AlRex Toad
Pupp135 Pupp135 Rosalina

My votes:
1. Toad
2. Bowser Jr.
(I really like the idea for the wario assist trophy but I feel like wario actually has a pretty good shot for being a playable character so I’ll hold off on voting for him.)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
1. Bowser Jr.
2. Wario

TBH I think if we're to get another Mario rep it should be DK. None of the others make sense to include before DK IMO - except maybe Bowser or Peach (When it comes to repping villains I think Sephy without Cloud would be cool). I'd prefer to focus on including as many series as possible for this project and have a maximum of 4 or 5 reps for a single series (counting Mario; DK; Yoshi; and Wario as a single series) - though, that's not my call so I shouldn't be one to speak.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
1. Rosalina
2. Toad

Was close between Rosalina and Bowser Jr., but I like Rosalina more as a character.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
1. Bowser Jr.
2. Wario

TBH I think if we're to get another Mario rep it should be DK. None of the others make sense to include before DK IMO - except maybe Bowser or Peach (When it comes to repping villains I think Sephy without Cloud would be cool). I'd prefer to focus on including as many series as possible for this project and have a maximum of 4 or 5 reps for a single series (counting Mario; DK; Yoshi; and Wario as a single series) - though, that's not my call so I shouldn't be one to speak.
Personally I feel like we should have Mario, Luigi, DK and Wario for the mario series although it’s not a guarantee that we’ll have those characters specifically.

Top Bottom