• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: The Super Smash Bros of Another Universe!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay so it probably dosen’t look like we’re gonna get another submission for Mario’s moveset, so I’m gonna just submit my own and then we can vote. Here’s my moveset:
Neutral Special: Fireball
Mario shoots out a fireball from his hand which bounces forward a couple of times. It deals a small bit of damage to opponents but you can throw two at a time.

Side Special: Cappy Throw
His hat turns into Cappy and he quickly throws it forward. If you hold the button Cappy will stay in place and you can bounce on him. The bounce dosent really help with recovery but it can help with starting combos.

Up Special: Cape Jump
He jumps upwards with the cape feather power up on his back and then he starts spinning around in place. For a moment he flies upwards in a spiral

Down Special: Spin
Exactly the same as Dr Mario’s down special in this universe.

Here’s the poll for movesets. I added this universe’s Mario moveset as an option FYI:

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results for Job #9:
Silver 11
Meowth
Jigglypuff 9
Mr. Crumb 5
Zangief 10
Lucy Fleetfoot 2

There isn't any sort of tie here so like what I mentioned before, I will add the top three assist trophies. And those just happen to be Silver, Jigglypuff and Zangief. Congratulations to the people who submitted these characters, and I'm excited to add out first batch of assist trophies! Anyways, I will start Job #10 once voting for Job #8 has completed.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Job #8’s done and Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario has the winning moveset. Congratulations!

Now, as our first two series, Mario and Sonic are both inevitable going to get second reps, so I think for this category I’ll let you all vote on who those second reps should be. I’ll make a list of potential second reps from each series and skip the submission process since it dosent exactly seem useful here.

Anyways here are the polls so you can vote for who you want. I highly encourage making a post justifying your choice if you want to:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
DK: One of Mario's most consistently high quality side series. His universe has a unique, cinematic vibe that, like a Disney or Pixar movie, teeters the line between dramatic and silly in a rounded balance and would be a joy to see with more fleshed out representation

Tails: He is Sonic's main sidekick and has been there since the second game. He is not divisive like Shadow is, exists within all entities of the Sonic franchise (another point against Shadow) and is a definitive, indusputable gaming all-star. (also a point against Shadow)

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
After the results of the poll, the two second reps we will add are Luigi and Tails.

Prior to this job I’ve been thinking about Luigi potentially being an echo or semi-clone. The thought of Luigi being an echo fighter seems almost blasphempus at first until you realize he actually does have a lot of moves in common with Mario and could potentially work as a semi-clone. So...

Job #11 Vote on if Luigi should be an echo

Just post saying if you want him to be an echo or if he should have a completely original. Do not submit a moveset for him as that will come later. Also, just for the sake of this thread I’m going to loosen up the definition of “echo fighter” so that semi-clones would be considered echoes.

also I could use strawpoll again for this, but I won’t because I don’t want so much of this thread to be done on strawpoll

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll vote yes only because semi-clones are included as echoes

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’m just gonna go ahead and make Luigi an echo. Anyways, we’ve already added some assist trophies so I think now we should move on to adding some items from each series. So our next job will be...

Job #12: Submit an Item for any series in this game

The item has to be from a series already in this game. Please include a picture of the item, what series it’s from, and how it would work. Seeing as how there are a lot of items we could add, you can submit two items for this job if you would like, and we might add quite a bit of items from this job.

Also it’s fine if the items are already in our smash bros, you can still submit them

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submissions:

Cucco (Legend of Zelda)
Exactly how the item already works in this universe’s smash bros

Feng Shui Engine (Street Fighter)
(I can’t really find a good image, but just think of it as a small purple eye)

When picked up, the item goes over the user’s left eye which causes their attack power to go way up for about 20 seconds. Purple energy goes around them to show this.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
TNT Crate (Crash Bandicoot)
0CDFA3E8-F204-4C55-BD81-594ADF57D929.png

The TNT crate is one of the most dangerous crates in the Crash Bandicoot series. When players jump on top of the crate, it will begin to do a three second count down to an explosion. If the TNT crate is hit with any attack, it will immediately explode instead. In this game, it could also be picked up and placed anywhere by the players, as long as nobody hits it. If any players get hit by the explosion (including yourself), they will take a big amount of damage.

Fishing Rod (Sonic the Hedgehog)
1A7D4E28-EB62-401C-A337-F19CEE15FFED.png

The fishing rod is a huge part of the Sonic series for one Big character. When picked up, you can use it for two different ways. You can use the fishing rod to reel in other items from across the stage. You can also use the item to trap and stun players. The more damage the fighter has, the longer they are trapped. The only problem for using the fishing rod is that you will be vulnerable to other players when you cast and reel in items.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay so I think that’s probably all the submissions we’re gonna get for this job, and so...

They all get in.

Yeah, we have a lot of room for items and this category isn’t really competitive, and so I think we can just add them all, no voting necessary. All the submissions really fit the game too and I wouldn’t want to exclude any.

Anyways, let’s go ahead and start job #13:
Job #13: Submit a moveset for Sonic

We’ve already got Mario in this game so I think it only makes sense to make a moveset for Sonic next. You only have to submit his specials and final smash, although you can submit other parts of you would like to. Again, if you would like to take your time with making the moveset, just tell me so we can wait for you.

Since I’m not sure if we’ll get that many submissions for this job, I’ll probably start the next one soon.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
He can really move, he's got an attitude! Sonic is still the fastest fighter and still a precision based combo master, but it's not as easy for him to run away from a fight.

Sonic is as expressive as he was in Brawl, but has slightly shorter proportions akin to his Adventure 1 design - other than the proportions he mostly takes after the Colours-era design.

Sonic's aerials are the same as in our universe - however they have new effects: Fair and Bair have fire particles, Uair has electric particles, Dair has water particles, and Nair has an insta-sheild flash.

Sonic's forward tilt is now a roundhouse kick, but the forward tilt from our universe is now the third hit of his jab.

Sonic's dash attack is the kick, but he has an exclusive input only he (and possibly Tails? We'll decide when we get to his moveset) can use - a down dash which puts him in the roll from his Brawl dash. It can be activated by pressing a crouch input while running. The kick has effects that make it vaguely resemble the boost.

Up B: Spring

No changes here other than the spring staying longer once it lands.

Side B: Light Speed Dash

Sonic throws a ring projectile, and if he desires can press the button again to dash into it and anyone it may have hit.

Down B: Spin Dash/Drop Dash

Sonic can do the Spin Dash by pressing down B constantly on land, while he can do the Drop Dash by holding down B in the air. Drop Dash functions like the real Smash's Spin Dash move (single-hit) and Spin Dash functions like Spin Charge (multi-hit)

B: Homing Attack

Mostly the same as in SSBU, however Sonic now strikes a pose like PM and doesn't dash down if he doesn't lock on to anyone. Homing Attack has less endlag, with the pose being cancellable, which makes it a good combo starter.

His Final Smash is Super Sonic, no surprise there, but now Super Sonic is a transformation a la Wario Man, Giga Bowser, Giga Mac, and Mega Lucario circa Brawl/3DS/Wii U. Super Sonic can be damaged like PM's Wario Man and Giga Bowser however.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Turns out Wario Wario Wario's moveset ended up really similar to mine as far as specials go. Darn, but what can ya do.
Down B: Spindash/Roll/Drop Dash
This is a move with three variations, kind of like Steve's neutral B in our universe.
If Sonic uses this move on the ground, without moving, he will curl up into a spindash position. You simply need to hold the button to charge it up, not spam. When released, Sonic will activate what is basically his Spin Charge (side B) from Ultimate, though he cannot attack out of it after jumping-he can only dodge out of the spindash, or try and redirect himself back to the stage, or wait until the Spindash ends. The spindash itself does a lot of damage and knockback when fully charged, but uncharged it doesn't do nearly as much. The Spindash, while charging, has a constant hitbox all around it which will lock in opponents for the spindash. You can charge the Spindash for a maximum of 3 seconds, after which it will automatically release. No canceling, and his down air (which is mostly unchanged from our universe) has been given more endlag to compensate
If Sonic uses this move on the ground while in motion, it becomes much different. If he is walking and presses down B, then he will roll at a very slow speed, doing very low damage and knockback. However, Sonic can jump out of the roll and activate an aerial unlike his Spindash, so the walking Roll can lead to some good combo setups (though it is hard given the fast nature of Smash, you won't be walking much of the time). If you activate it while running, it becomes what is essentially a less powerful Spindash (even less powerful than a non-charged Spindash), however as said before, you can use aerials out of a Roll jump, which should certainly help things. The Roll is also affected by the surface you are on-so Sonic will go very fast in his Roll if activated on an incline that is high enough.
If activated in the air, Sonic will curl up and gain a little shiny thing on his ball form, like in Mania. He will gain a hitbox during this time, which lets Sonic bounce off of opponents if they are hit (and he can bounce higher and higher if he hits opponents multiple times. When he hits the ground, he will launch into the same thing as a running Roll. Sonic can cancel the Drop Dash midair with a dodge.

As much as the Boost deserves to be a part of Sonic's moveset, I can't fathom imagining how it would work in the context of Smash, especially if we also intend to use the Spindash in his moveset in some form. Anyways, it functions exactly like in SSF2.

Neutral B: Homing Attack
Works like Ultimate, however he does a pose afterwards. Also, when charging, if the direction opposite of where Sonic was facing is held, he will come out of the move in the opposite direction, making combos much easier to perform.

Unchanged from Ultimate.

Final Smash is the same as Brawl's.

Forward air is the Sonic Eagle from Battle.

Forward Smash is unchanged, but now has his arm temporarily turn into a Werehog arm to somewhat explain the long and disjointed properties of the move.

Up tilt has Sonic bring a hand above his eyes and look up, referencing his look up animation in Sonic Advance. This slightly pops up his opponents for an aerial follow up.

Up Smash is now Blue Tornado from Sonic Heroes. When charging, Sonic does the same charging animation for his Up Smash from our universe. However, when he jumps up, he actually spins around in a circle, creating what you'd expect-a Blue Tornado. This pulls in nearby opponents with a strong windbox to get hit by the spinning Sonic. It does have a lot of startup however.

Down Smash is now the spinning kick from 06.

Finally, down tilt is the slide from the Boost games. Functions like Joker's or Cloud's from our universe.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Turns out Wario Wario Wario's moveset ended up really similar to mine as far as specials go. Darn, but what can ya do.
Down B: Spindash/Roll/Drop Dash
This is a move with three variations, kind of like Steve's neutral B in our universe.
If Sonic uses this move on the ground, without moving, he will curl up into a spindash position. You simply need to hold the button to charge it up, not spam. When released, Sonic will activate what is basically his Spin Charge (side B) from Ultimate, though he cannot attack out of it after jumping-he can only dodge out of the spindash, or try and redirect himself back to the stage, or wait until the Spindash ends. The spindash itself does a lot of damage and knockback when fully charged, but uncharged it doesn't do nearly as much. The Spindash, while charging, has a constant hitbox all around it which will lock in opponents for the spindash. You can charge the Spindash for a maximum of 3 seconds, after which it will automatically release. No canceling, and his down air (which is mostly unchanged from our universe) has been given more endlag to compensate
If Sonic uses this move on the ground while in motion, it becomes much different. If he is walking and presses down B, then he will roll at a very slow speed, doing very low damage and knockback. However, Sonic can jump out of the roll and activate an aerial unlike his Spindash, so the walking Roll can lead to some good combo setups (though it is hard given the fast nature of Smash, you won't be walking much of the time). If you activate it while running, it becomes what is essentially a less powerful Spindash (even less powerful than a non-charged Spindash), however as said before, you can use aerials out of a Roll jump, which should certainly help things. The Roll is also affected by the surface you are on-so Sonic will go very fast in his Roll if activated on an incline that is high enough.
If activated in the air, Sonic will curl up and gain a little shiny thing on his ball form, like in Mania. He will gain a hitbox during this time, which lets Sonic bounce off of opponents if they are hit (and he can bounce higher and higher if he hits opponents multiple times. When he hits the ground, he will launch into the same thing as a running Roll. Sonic can cancel the Drop Dash midair with a dodge.

As much as the Boost deserves to be a part of Sonic's moveset, I can't fathom imagining how it would work in the context of Smash, especially if we also intend to use the Spindash in his moveset in some form. Anyways, it functions exactly like in SSF2.

Neutral B: Homing Attack
Works like Ultimate, however he does a pose afterwards. Also, when charging, if the direction opposite of where Sonic was facing is held, he will come out of the move in the opposite direction, making combos much easier to perform.

Unchanged from Ultimate.

Final Smash is the same as Brawl's.

Forward air is the Sonic Eagle from Battle.

Forward Smash is unchanged, but now has his arm temporarily turn into a Werehog arm to somewhat explain the long and disjointed properties of the move.

Up tilt has Sonic bring a hand above his eyes and look up, referencing his look up animation in Sonic Advance. This slightly pops up his opponents for an aerial follow up.

Up Smash is now Blue Tornado from Sonic Heroes. When charging, Sonic does the same charging animation for his Up Smash from our universe. However, when he jumps up, he actually spins around in a circle, creating what you'd expect-a Blue Tornado. This pulls in nearby opponents with a strong windbox to get hit by the spinning Sonic. It does have a lot of startup however.

Down Smash is now the spinning kick from 06.

Finally, down tilt is the slide from the Boost games. Functions like Joker's or Cloud's from our universe.
I wish I came up with that Werehog idea, heh. It'd be cheating to retroactively add it in though.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Job #14: Submit a Zelda or Pokémon stage

We need stages for those two series so this job will be about picking which stages to add. You can submit any Zelda or Pokémon stages including the ones already in this universe’s smash bros. If you want to submit both a Zelda and a Pokémon stage, that’s fine.

Also in case anyone has any objections, I think I might just automatically make Suzaku Castle our street fighter stage. There aren’t really many other options that would make sense as the first street fighter stage especially because this is probably gonna be Ryu’s home stage.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Saffron City

Almost completely like the PM depiction. Only aesthetic change is the addition of the Gotta Catch 'Em All banner and the birds in the background. The Pokémon are back, but with changes:

Electrode stays intact.
Venusaur is swapped for Snivy
Porygon is swapped for Eevee
Charmander is swaped for Heatmor
Chansey is removed

The new Pokémon are:
Chespin: plants bombs like his Poké Ball
Trubbish: plants loose trash over the stage, which will cause damage but no knockback when stepped on, these disappear once stepped on.
Genesect: fires a laser that is vertically short but horizontally takes up the entire stage to the left of the box
Victini: grants a Final Smash to the nearest fighter
Meowth: functions as his Pokéball does
Yamper: sends a shockwave like our universe's Pikachu's neutral B across the main platform - in the unlikely case the floating platform lines up the shockwave will go onto it.
Xatu: will counter if attacked.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #14: Professor Oak’s Lab
FFBA9935-BB3C-4989-BBBE-1E3B44167DFB.jpeg

Professor Oak’s lab is where you can get your very own starter Pokémon in the first generation games. Professor Oak and some lab assistants could cameo in the stage. Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur could even play in the background to act as stage hazards.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submission:

Zelda stage: Kakariko Village

Almost exactly how it looks in Ocarina of Time. You play right in the center of the village with the windmill facing you. A few platforms are added to make the layout interesting. Impa, the carpenters and the cucoo lady would cameo in the back of the stage.

Pokémon stage: Safari Zone

It’s hard to get a good picture of what I think the layout would be, but pretty much it would be completely flat with a couple of trees at each end which you can stand on. There would be lots of tall grass and trees in the background and occasionally pokémon will jump in from the background and do an attack to change the course of the match.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright, please vote for one of the following stages:
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Saffron City
Pupp135 Pupp135 Pokémon Stadium
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Professor Oak’s Lab
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Safari Zone

And one of these stages:
Pupp135 Pupp135 Pyramid of Power
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Hyrule Castle
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Kakariko Village

Vote for both your top three Zelda and top three Pokémon stages in order. You can vote for your own submission but only in second or third place.

Voting for the sonic moveset will start in a couple of hours. My votes:
1. Pokémon Stadium
2. Safari Zone
3. Saffron Cuty

1. Hyrule Castle
2. Kakariko Village
3. Pyramid of Power

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
1. Safari Zone
2. Pokémon Stadium
3. Saffron City

1. Kakariko Village
2. Hyrule Castle
3. Pyramid of Power

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Pokemon
1. Safari Zone
2. Saffron City
3. Pokemon Stadium

LoZ
1. Hyrule Castle
2. Pyramid of Power
3. Kakariko Village

AlRex

Smash Lord
I'm interested in this project, so I wouldn't mind joining if it's not too late.

As for the current vote:
Pokemon
1. Saffron City
2. Safari Zone
3. Professor Oak's Lab

Zelda
1. Hyrule Castle
2. Pyramid of Power
3. Kakariko Village

AlRex

Smash Lord
If I may, I'd also like to propose what would be different about Luigi's moves if he's a semi-clone.

Neutral B: Poltergust 3000
Luigi is able to suck foes in with the Poltergust, but once he has them, it's functionally similar to Mario's, with him spitting them out of the Poltergust in either direction.

Side B: Fireball OR Thunder Ball
It could either be a green fireball with the differences it has with our version of Luigi, or it could be a Thunder Ball, similar in size and trajectory, but with different elemental properties.

Other than that, a lot of what Mario does in that moveset, Luigi does, as well, so it's mostly fine for him. I thought about making the Spin Jump a Flutter Jump, like in Super Mario Bros. 2, but it seemed like too much of a change and couldn't be done super effectively. You can just have stat differences like Luigi jumping higher, being slightly taller, etc.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay I think I’m gonna wrap up voting and start the next job. Here are the results:
Saffron City 9
Pokémon Stadium 9
Professor Oak’s Lab 1
Safari Zone 11

Pyramid of Power 9
Hyrule Castle 13
Kakariko Village 8

So it looks like the two stages we’re gonna add are Safari Zone and Hyrule Castle. Thanks for all the votes and submissions everyone! Alright here’s the next job:

Job 15: Submit a Character Who Debuted on the Arcade
Submit any character, classic or modern, who’s debut was on the arcade. They can be from any series already in this game or they can be from new series. Since this is a pretty broad topic we will add the top two characters from this job. Also BTW you can always submit echoes in these character jobs.

I’ll go ahead and submit Pac-Man because I feel like it’s the obvious pick for this job lol. I don’t think he even needs an explanation since this is a resubmission.

Top Bottom