• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: The Super Smash Bros of Another Universe!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Well those votes came in quick, I think I’ll close up the voting period right about now. Here are the results:

Ryu 6
Rayman
Pac-Man 4
Pyramid Head 4
Adventurer 5
Link 10
Lara Croft
Chell
Steve
Kirby
Pikachu 10
Villager 1

And so, the characters we’re going to add are Ryu, Link and Pikachu! I think these are all great picks and I would like to thank you all for the submissions.

Job #5 will start tomorrow so please sit tight until then.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Job #5: Vote on a Link design

I know it was originally suggested to use the Link to the Past design of Link, but seeing as how the design would likely change a lot about the moveset, I think we should just pick the design. Please vote for your preferred Link design in this poll:

If you want to write an explanation on why you think we should pick one design, that’s allowed

BTW I didn’t include toon link, young link or chibi link because I feel like their designs are mostly associated with one or a few games and wouldn’t be good for repping the entire series. Botw Link was only in a couple games but he’s an exception because the tunic of the wild makes him look really similar to other Link’s

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
The voting for job #5 is still continuing, but until then...

Job #6: Submit a stage from a series without a fighter

Submit a stage for a series that dosen’t have any representation yet. These stages will also deconfirm series for future character reps, so pick a stage from a series you think would work better in this game with just a stage.

Please explain what the stage would be, which series it’s from and a brief explanation of it’s layout.

My submission:

Tetris.

This series needs no introduction. Representing Tetris in an ultimate gaming crossover like this would be essential, and I don’t think Tetris blocks could be made into a character without changing what makes Tetris iconic, so let’s go with a stage.
The characters would play on what is pretty much just a game of Tetris, with blocks falling on them just like in the game. It would definitely be a casual stage seeing as how the blocks woulds slowly fall and be able to crush fighters, but I still think it could be fun. The blocks would eventually clear away and the game of Tetris would start again BTW.

Also the voting for Link’s design is finished now. We will be using his Ocarina of Time design.

Last edited:

keleyeemoh

Smash Apprentice
The voting for job #5 is still continuing, but until then...

Job #6: Submit a stage from a series without a fighter

Submit a stage for a series that dosen’t have any representation yet. These stages will also deconfirm series for future character reps, so pick a stage from a series you think would work better in this game with just a stage.

Please explain what the stage would be, which series it’s from and a brief explanation of it’s layout.

My submission:

Tetris.

This series needs no introduction. Representing Tetris in an ultimate gaming crossover like this would be essential, and I don’t think Tetris blocks could be made into a character without changing what makes Tetris iconic, so let’s go with a stage.
The characters would play on what is pretty much just a game of Tetris, with blocks falling on them just like in the game. It would definitely be a casual stage seeing as how the blocks woulds slowly fall and be able to crush fighters, but I still think it could be fun. The blocks would eventually clear away and the game of Tetris would start again BTW.

Also the voting for Link’s design is finished now. We will be using his Ocarina of Time design.
Nothing's been posted here in a few days, but for me, that's because I think this stage is perfect. Just dropping my two cents in in case the reason there have been no posts was because you were waiting for more.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Job #7 Submit a modern character

I figure I’ll do one more character prompt before we move onto movesets. Seeing as how all our characters are from either the 80s or the 90s, for this job you can only submit characters who debuted in the 2010s or 2020s so we can get more modern characters. Please submit one character for this job.

Please include the name of the character, a picture (optional) and why they should be in smash.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job 7: The Goose (Untitled Goose Game)
34BC87D8-19E2-41C4-8D6F-27768EC94402.png

Untitled Goose Game became a popular trending game in the late 2010s. The Goose could be a perfect joke/meme character to add into this game. The Goose has a variety of moveset potential to bother opponents, from honking to slashing. I think adding the Goose would confuse and excite people in a good way. Adding the Goose could also tell gamers that indie reps can be playable.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
If you all don’t mind, I’d like to submit a character of my own:

Chosen Undead
Despite it’s difficulty, Dark Souls is one of the most popular game series out there, so I think he would be a nice pick for this game’s first really “serious” first character.

also this is besides the point, but it’s crazy thinking about how minecraft is technically older than dark souls

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay so I really apologize with how delayed this is, but I’ve been thinking it over and now I don’t think we could add flappy bird in this creation thread.

This isn’t because of moveset or anything, but rather licensing. The creator of flappy bird literally deleted the game because of it being too addicting, and he clearly wants to distance him self from the game. I want to keep this thread at least a little bit realistic, and a game character like flappy bird would be next to impossible to include licensing wise. I don’t think we can include him in this thread.

I’ll give Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario a chance to submit another character if he would like and then everyone can vote or edit their votes to accommodate. Again, I really am sorry for rejecting him especially because I previously had to reject Red, and because of how last minute this is. In the future if this happens again I will be sure to not do this so late. Thanks.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay so here are the results:
Jonesy 9
Cuphead 12
Goose 7
Frisk 5
Chosen Undead 3

Looks like Cuphead will be the next character we add. Nice.
Also, since he’s so similar to Cuphead, I think I’m just gonna go ahead and add Mugman as an echo, making him our first echo fighter. Remember echoes do not contribute to the total number of characters in the game (45).

Job #8: Submit an all new moveset for Mario

Alright so here’s a fun part, we’re gonna be making new movesets for characters starting with Mario. In the interest of keeping things simple, you only have to submit the specials and the final smash. You can submit other parts of the moveset if you want, but that’s up to you. Please don’t make alternate costumes though, we will decide those later.

BTW if one or two specials are already in his moveset in this universe, that’s okay, you can still put them in his moveset if it fits the character. Just leave at least one special different so we’re not literally just submitting the moveset he already has.

Also, if you think it might take you a while to do the moveset, just tell me you’re working on it so we can wait for you.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job #8

Mario is still a standard beginner "shoto" fighter. However, he has a better mobility and worse defense, though his attack power is the same as it's always been. he is more true to his games and does not bare his irate expression as seen in our world's Smash.

Neutral B: Super Star Swing: A command grab. You can only throw your foe backwards, but you can determine the strength of the throw by holding the joystick left or right

Up B: Spin Jump - an attacking recovery move than can reflect projectiles. The height of this move is one of Mario's biggest weaknesses, but it's still relatively reliable (or in simple terms, better than SSBU Doc's up B)

Side B: Fireball - virtually the same, however Mario can now run while spawning fire balls and there's less cooldown at the expense of power.
Down B: Ground Pound - comparable to Yoshi's from our world

Mario's other moves are the same as SSBU with a few small exceptions:
Down tilt is a Raccoon tail swipe
Up air is an uppercut like the Super Jump Punch or up tilt
Side Smash is now a short range projectile with the Cannon Box.
Up throw has Mario throw the foe into a Super Launch Star
Forward throw now resembles Dr. Mario's back throw from SSBU
Down air is Dr. Mario's stomp from SSBU, which replaces Fair as Mario's only spike. Fair is not changed other than not spiking.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Like I mentioned before, Job #8 is probably gonna last longer than most jobs, so I think before it’s over I’m going to start Job #9.

Job #9 Submit an Assist Trophy for any series in this game

I think it’s about time to start moving onto items, and so for the first item related job I would like everyone to submit a character for an assist trophy. Remember, these will deconfirm potential new fighters so pick someone you think would be better as an assist trophy. They can be from any series we already have represented, including Pokémon.

Please include a picture of the character (optional), what series theyre from, and how they would fight.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
JOB 9: Marth (Fire Emblem)

Marth from the cult classic JRPG strategy series Fire Emblem will be joining the fight!...as an Assist Trophy. (I'm bending this new reality to my will and there's nothing that will stop me). Marth will act much like a normal fighter-kind of like how Ghirahim or Alucard work in our world. Marth has four moves he can pull off:
Shield Breaker: Marth leans back before stabbing forward, completely taking out any shield in his way.
Dancing Blade: Marth swings forward three times, each in a very swift and elegant motion. Each swing is fairly weak but hits into the next one. The fourth and final hit is much stronger and pops the opponent up in the air, preparing them for an attack from another fighter.
Dolphin Slash: An extremely fast move, Marth seemingly flies up with his sword. The first part of this move does a ton of knockback at later percents, and a decent amount of damage as well. However the later parts of the move are fairly weak. Marth can use this move both to attack and recover to the stage after being knocked off.
Counter: If Marth feels defensive, he might activate this move. He puts his sword in front of him and stops-and if he is hit in the first second of the move being active, he will block the attack completely and counterattack with a stronger swing of his sword. But if you simply wait a bit, you have an opening to attack him safely.
Given his skimpy getup and young age, Marth does not take a lot of hits-in fact, one uncharged forward smash from a strong enough character might be able to do him in completely-however he is one of the strongest Assist Trophies in the game for how powerful his sword attacks are.

When despawning, Marth will say something cool in Japanese, sheath his blade, and vanish.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Job 9: Pac-Man
below is the change.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Pupp135 Pupp135
Sorry if this wasn’t clear enough, but this job you can only submit assist trophies from series already represented in this thread’s smash bros. I will almost certainly have a job for characters from other series so you can submit your characters for that if you would like. Right now, please either edit your submission or make another post to submit a valid character for this job if you would like to.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Guess I'll have to deconfirm Fire Emblem some other way. Anyways:
JOB 9: Silver
(art by FrostTheHobidon on DeviantArt)
Silver The Hedgehog comes from the Sonic The Hedgehog series of games, first debuting in Sonic 06 and gaining a massive fan following afterwards. He is a futuristic hedgehog who uses his psychokinetic powers to travel to the past in an attempt to save his ruined future. He is by no means the most important Sonic character, but I think that's a good thing for an Assist Trophy, since we'll probably include a second Sonic character somewhere down the line, echo or possibly otherwise. He's also infamous thanks to Game Grumps and the like, so most everyone who plays our game will at least recognize him (if in not the most positive light).

When summoned, Silver will glow a flourescent lime green color, and any opponents near him will freeze and turn the same color. The one who summoned Silver has the chance to pile on as much damage as they want on the opponents for a solid seven seconds. When they are done, Silver releases the opponent, sending them flying however the last hit would have sent them. For example, if the last thing the opponent was hit with was Mario's up smash, they will be sent flying up and, if they are at high enough damage, killed. But if they were last hit by a weak jab, they will hardly receive any knockback (though this can be good for those fancy schmacy zero-to-death setups). If he fails to catch any opponents, he will yell his infamous catchphrase (which I'm not saying because you know what it is and I'm honestly tired of hearing it), before disappearing. If he does succeed in catching opponents, after they are released he will flip in midair and does a celebratory pose before disappearing.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #9: Mr. Crumb (Crash Bandicoot)
10BFE6A1-B302-465B-B046-51CCA3F7761E.png

Mr Crumb was once a rich selfish old man, but now he is a rich selfish old ghost. He does whatever he can to protect his treasure from thieves, including from Crash Bandicoot. Mr. Crumb appears as the main villain in Crash Bandicoot 99x and returns as a villain in Crash on the Run. Even though he doesn’t have a lot of appearances in the Crash Bandicoot universe, he still has a devoted fanbase.

When summoned, Mr Crumb will head towards the top of the screen and wave his arms to spawn in mummies on the stage to attack players. After that, Mr Crumb will duplicate himself and throw balls of energy at the players for the rest of the time he is on the screen.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submission:

Zangief.
Zangief is one of the world warriors in street fighter 2 and has since made an appearence in every mainline street fighter game besides 3 (but like only 4 characters returned for that game so that’s not saying much)

Anyways, he would walk around the stage occasionally punching or kicking. If an opponent gets close he would do one of the following moves:

The spinning piledriver

or the Double Lariat

They both deal a lot of damage, but can only hit if Zangief is very close. Also since he’s so big it would take a lot of damage to KO him.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the options for assist trophies. Please vote for your top 3 in order. You can only put your submission in second or third place.

Janx_uwu Janx_uwu Silver
Pupp135 Pupp135 Meowth
Otoad64 Otoad64 Jigglypuff
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Mr. Crumb
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Zangief
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Lucy Fleetfoot

Also I think I’ll add the top two most voted assist trophies from this job. Probably the top three too unless there’s some kind of tie that makes that impossible. Anyways, my votes:

1. Jigglypuff
2. Silver
3. Mr. Crumb

Submissions for Job #8 are still open although I might close them if we continue to get no more responses. I’ll probably submit my own Mario moveset before it’s over.

Last edited:
Top Bottom