• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: The Super Smash Bros of Another Universe!

AlRex

Smash Lord
Submit a character not primarily associated with, or originating from, non-console-based gaming (can be anything from arcades to computers to handheld/LCD games, or anything else you think applicable)

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Alright, I feel like we have a good selection of ideas for newcomer prompts so I'll finish it up now. Here are your options for Job #89. Please vote for your top three most wanted in order
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario A character from a one-and-done game series
KingBooGengar57 KingBooGengar57 An indie games character
Pupp135 Pupp135 A villain
cashregister9 cashregister9 An RPG Character
AlRex AlRex A character associated with/originated on non-console gaming

My votes:
1. A villain
2. RPG
3. One-and-done

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Alright, here are the results from Job #89:
One-and-done 5
Indie 13
Villain 17
RPG 11
Non-console 8

Meaning we’ll do the villain job, indie character job, and RPG character job. Since the villain one got the most votes we’ll do it first:

Job #90: Submit a Villain
You can submit any character just as long as they’re a villain or an antagonist in some way. Please submit the character, explain a bit about how they would fight, and why they should be in this thread.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Bowser, Eggman, and Ganondorf are the big bad bosses that aren’t on the roster. When thinking about who would have the most interesting moveset, though, my personal choice was Dr. Ivo “Eggman” Robotnik himself.
920B9E5E-AC35-4F0A-A1B4-BF526A1D337E.jpeg

Eggman would fight in either a mech-suit or his classic Eggmobile/flying car, both of which would be unique for this roster. From there, he’d utilize various gadgets and weaponry he’s used in boss fights and other storyline elements over the various Sonic titles. Bumpers, laser beams and energy balls, wrecking balls, spikes, robotic fists, flamethrowers, Mean Beans, even separate Badnik minions that he could send out. There’s so much potential here, it’s ridiculous.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
While I was thinking of nominating Monokuma since he would a new series to the roster, I feel that Bowser is too important to leave out if we’re talking about villains.
1630179381127.png

Bowser is the main villain of one of the most successful video game franchises, making him personally a good choice for the roster. In terms of fighting, I think he’d play similar to how he does in Ultimate, except his neutral special would be closer to Super Smash Flash 2’s where he spits out a fireball.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
My submission will be Neo Cortex

Cortex is the main villain of the Crash Bandicoot series and has joined the ranks of some of the most iconic videogame villains. I feel like as our third series, Crash is really deserving of another rep and Cortex would be about the best choice IMO. He would fight by using some of the attacks he’s done as a boss and as a playable character in Crash Bandicoot 4.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #90: Shao Kahn (Mortal Kombat)
737E3CCE-13F6-4918-8DD4-9E9354E30668.png

Shao Kahn is a legendary video game villain from the Mortal Kombat series. Shao Kahn is a powerful tyrant to the throne of Outworld. Shao Khan desires to conquer all the realms in the world of Mortal Kombat, starting from Outworld to Edenia and now towards Earthrealm. Shao Kahn’s conquering is the reason why there are even Mortal Kombat Tournaments in the first place. He is seen by many as the main villain of the Mortal Kombat series. Shao Kahn is known for his power, brutality, and his intelligent planning abilities. You would be kompletely foolish if you wanted to mess with this Konqueror!

Shao Kahn, being from Mortal Kombat, has a ton of abilities for a Smash moveset. Shao Kahn has superhuman strength, durability, and can even utilize magic. He can also charge at opponents with his incredible speed and power. Shao Kahn mainly carries around his Wrath Hammer to use on his foes. The Wrath Hammer is so colossal and strong, that it can even send enemies flying in the air. Shao Kahn can even absorb souls and use them for his own advantage.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
While I was thinking of nominating Monokuma since he would a new series to the roster, I feel that Bowser is too important to leave out if we’re talking about villains.
View attachment 328150
Bowser is the main villain of one of the most successful video game franchises, making him personally a good choice for the roster. In terms of fighting, I think he’d play similar to how he does in Ultimate, except his neutral special would be closer to Super Smash Flash 2’s where he spits out a fireball.
Alright then...
Monokuma Schools Smash!

Monokuma is my submission representing the Danganronpa series. Monokuma could use items from his various executions to fight. I chose Monokuma because Danganronpa is a very popular VN which has countless fangames, so I think Monokuma is deserving of a spot.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Here are the results of the Job #90 voting:
Dr. Eggman 13
Bowser 14
Neo Cortex 2
Dingodile 5
Shao Kahn 4
Monokuma 10

And so Bowser will be added. Now onto the next job. Now I know I said I we would do the character jobs in a row, but on second thought I’m going to just have one non-character job between them, so that the number of characters doesn’t get ahead of us,

Job #91: Submit a Moveset For Amingo
All you have to submit are the specials and the final smash.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Here’s my submission
Neutral Special: Little Cactus
Places a small version of himself on the ground (except it doesn’t have a hat) It then bounces forward on the ground a bit and will attempt to latch onto an opponent. If it does, it stays there for a bit dealing damage before disappearing. They last for about three seconds and he can have two on screen at a time.

Side Special: Ball Attack
Turns himself into a ball, then flies forward

Up Special: Super Jump
He launches himself directly upwards into the air. It’s one of the highest reaching

Down Special: Assist
He gets either SonSon or Ruby Heart to do an assist move. Whichever one he picks is random. There’s also a 5 second cooldown once he does an assist before he can do the next one.
SonSon’s assist move is Monkey Fireball, where she shoots out three flying, flaming monkeys and they fly forward.

Ruby Heart’s assist is Energy Ball, where she flies forward covered in electricity. If you’re playing on the airship stage she would still come out since you can have multiple of the same characters fighting each other in MvC2.

Final Smash (Far): Anti-Air Vine
He turns into a gigantic vine which reaches all the way to the top of the screen. He has many branches and if he touches an opponent at all it’ll deal massive damage.

Final Smash (Close): Hyper Plant Grab
He turns one of his arms into a vine, and shoots it forward. If he hits an opponent, he’ll open up the top of his head and put them inside of him. He’ll then shake a little and throw them out, dealing damage.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
The Amingo moveset job will continue, but before I finish it I’ll start the next job:

Job #92: Submit An Indie Game Character
You can submit any character as long as they are considered to be an indie games character. Please submit the character, explain a bit about how they would fight, and why they should be in this game.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I will resubmit Peppino.
2010s or later submission: Peppino Spaghetti

Anti-hero of the rising indie sleeper hit Pizza Tower, Peppino is a manic pizza chef with a bad temper and worse mental stability. His moveset would be among the most brutal on the roster thanks to his Ren & Stimpy-esque squash and stretch animation style, and he'd be very fast for a heavyweight.

He also has a variety of transformations which could provide more moveset potential - for example: breathing fire after a spicy chicken wing, getting Mort the Chicken (from the PS1 "classic" of the same name, giving us another repped series through Peppino) to porch on his head, briefly dying and turning into a ghost, rolling up into a ball, and turning into a slow but powerful knight. That's not to mention his weapons, which include a shotgun, revolver, and pizza cutter.

His art style and less-than-badass personality would provide a striking contrast to the rest of the roster. He'd make a fun rival for Cuphead (who the game's creator, Pizza Tower Guy, is known to have quite the dislike for) thanks to the cartoony-character-based-on-food-and-drink connection.

While many people may question having such a character instead of a more popular indie like Shantae, Boyfriend, Freddy Fazbear, Sans or Shovel Knight I think that's the exact reason why someone like Peppino should make the roster. Indie games are all about giving a platform to the little guys, figuratively and literally, so it seems counter-intuitive to include indie rep but only for highly popular characters.

also this technically means playable wario without overrepping mario/nintendo

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Red_Bird_(The_Angry_Birds_Movie).png

Red
Angry Birds is one of the most influential indie games for it's fun simple gameplay, it would be natural to include a rep form this series. Red is the mascot and despite using his movie design he would be accurate to the games using the signature slingshot for some Ariel's combos and using his friends to help him on his way to smash.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
The Amingo moveset job will continue, but before I finish it I’ll start the next job:

Job #92: Submit An Indie Game Character
You can submit any character as long as they are considered to be an indie games character. Please submit the character, explain a bit about how they would fight, and why they should be in this game.
Shovel Knight.
Shovel Knight is one of the most popular indie game characters and his wide move set such as the Shovel Drop, Alchemy Coin, and Propeller Dagger are ripe to be included with him in Smash.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 92

Reimu Hakurei

Reimu is the protagonist of Touhou

Touhou is a Shoot Em Up franchise developed by ZUN and is a highly influential indie game and has become a cultural phenomenon in Japan and on the Internet.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #92: Springtrap (Five Nights at Freddy’s)
09B41C64-1440-4197-B08C-DCDF99B664B1.png

Springtrap, also known as William Afton or “The Purple Guy”, is the main villain of the Five Nights at Freddy’s series. He is a serial killer that was responsible for the deaths of five missing children at Fazbear’s Pizza, before eventually possessing this animatronic suit. Springtrap could base his moveset off of jump scares and the animatronic hallucinations from FNAF 3. One attack could even be… THE BITE OF 87! Five Nights at Freddy’s is a really popular horror game series, spawning a ton of games and merchandise. It’s even been said by many younger gamers, that is started their path down to other horror genre games.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Job #91
Amingo's Moveset

Grab will summon a Little Cactus to grab the foe for Amingo. Smash Attacks will also summon Little Cacti for different attacks.
Neutral Special: Kaze no Sakebi (Ball Attack)
Amingo will turns into a ball and shoots himself forward.

Side Special: Vine Whip
A smaller version of one of his supers/Final Smashes, Amingo will stretch his arms out and send out a thorny vine whip forward, which can be angled. This gives him an alternate grab option from longer range, as well as a tether recovery.

Up Special: Plant Spikes (Midori no Kanki)
A plant will shoot Amingo upward, with spikes growing from his body to damage foes in his path. You can angle both this and the neutral special, giving Amingo a lot of directional/recovery options, making him a good aerial combo fighter, fitting of an MVC2 character.

Down Special will be the same as Champion of Hyrule's, giving him Ruby Heart and Son-Son assists, with a slight cool down on it and an "Assist Okay!" thing indicator appearing on Amingo's damage percentage/icon/general info when it's ready. The Final Smashes will also be the same.

Job #92
JAPQoute.png

Quote is the protagonist of Cave Story, a Metroidvania/platform-adventure game that was pretty much one of the first big indie games, released in 2004, predating the later big boom, and directly inspiring the likes of Undertale. Quote himself is a robot who wakes up in an underground who has to explore the area to find out more, and defend himself with specialized guns, starting with the Polar Star, which he can upgrade and level up for versatility. You could go about this either via him being able to upgrade via doing better and better in a fight, or even be able to switch which guns map to which specials. In addition to the Polar Star, which can go from Level 1 shooting basic energy bullets, Level 2 shooting dual shots, then Level 3 shooting larger energy shots, you can choose to use fireballs, missiles, machine guns, snaking shots, laser beams, or even bubbles, or a high-powered gun...that gets weaker over time, with the Level 3 mode shooting rubber ducks. Quote can also use a blade, which can work as a short range weapon, or even upgrade it to send out an attacking ghost. Quote is pretty much about range, improving over time, and using different weaponry for different situations.

Top Bottom