• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: The Super Smash Bros of Another Universe!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #95 voting;
Vault Boy 9
Mimikyu 7
Paper Mario 0
Terra 7
Onix 8
Tidus 6

Meaning Vault Boy will get into this game now onto the next jobs:
Job #96: Submit A Stage For GTA
Job #97: Submit A Stage For Undertale

For both jobs, please submit the stage you think should be Franklin and Frisk’s home stage. Please submit a location and a layout.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 96

Los Santos

The Stage takes place on top of a plane that is flying through the city, the main hazard is the plane flipping and turning

Job 97

Mt. Ebott

This would be a Scrolling Stage like Pac-land

The stage starts at the entrance to the underground

you eventually fall down and land on the Leaf Pile and Flowey is there to greet you

and you start walking through the ruins

When walking through the ruins you see a few enemies and situations from this part in the game, on the main stage itself it's flat with a few deviations like a Bridge over water. The cameos here are as follows

Toriel
Napstablook
Dummy
Froggit
Whimsum
Loox
Vegetoid
Moldsmal
Migosp

You leave the ruins through Toriel's Basement and end up on the path to Snowdin andenter Snowdin Town, you can jump on the roofs of the buildings

1630797279106.png

The cameos are as follows

Sans
Papyrus
Doggo
Greater Dog
Lesser Dog
Dogamy & Dogaressa
Snowdin Shopkeep
River Person

At the end of Snowdin you hitch a ride with the Riverperson and head through Waterfall

This part just takes place on the boat, you can swim in the water.

Undyne
Temmie
Woshua
Aaron
Shyren
Napstablook
Mad dummy
Gerson

you end up in Hotland this is another purely flat one but fire falls into the stage and steam vents appear that launch you in the air.

Alphys
Muffet
Bratty & catty
Vulkin
Tsunderplane
Madjick
Heats flamesman
The amalgams

After going through Hotland you end up in The MTT resort where you see Mettaton the stage then becomes a vertical scrolling stage where you end up at the top where you see either Mettaton Neo or Mettaton EX

Then you end up in the CORE

This is a short one, you can see a few enemies from the other forms and characters like Final Froggit you exit the cores Hall and you see Asgore In a dark void and after Asgore gestures Omega Flowey appears in the void, Omega flowey shoots projectiles onto the stage this is a boss that you can defeat, if you defeat Omega Flowey Asriel appears on the void he becomes Asriel god of hyperdeath another boss that shoots projectiles at the players. Defeating Asriel nets you the true ending where you end up at the entrance of Mt. Ebott again but this time every character that has appeared in the stage appears at the entrance, the stage stops here until the match ends.

If you fail to beat Omega flowey or Asriel before the slotted time ends the stage resets to the beginning.

I will go back and add more pictures later.

This makes me want to play Undertale again

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submission will also be a travelling Los Santos stage. However, for the is one you go on top of a car which drives around and even sometimes goes outside of the city. You can also sometimes jump on top of other cars or trucks.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My version of the stage will be added. Now onto the next job:

Job #98: Submit A Moveset For Frisk
For this job, submit what you think should be Frisk’s moveset. Please submit the specials and the final smash as well as more if you would like. You can only put your own submission in second or third place.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 98
--Gimmick--
Frisk's SOUL appears in front of Frisk at all times
Each non-Special move has a "Pacifist" and "Genocidal" version
Pacifist is the more versatile moveset that lets you stay alive longer, you have damage and knockback resistance
Genocide deals more damage but you take more damage and knockback

--Smash Attacks--

Side Smash: Spear Of Justice, Undyne Appears and throws a spear forwards/Genocide: Frisk Stabs a knife forwards

Up Smash: Gaster Blaster, Sans Appears and Summons a Gaster Blaster/Genocide: Frisk Slashes upwards with a knife

Down Smash: Toriel appears and summons fire on both sides of frisk/Genocide: Frisk stabs the ground with a knife

--Specials--

Neutral: Yellow Soul: Frisk shoots a blast from their SOUL which is now yellow

Side: Command: Frisk's SOUL moves forward and 3 menu options appear FIGHT, ITEM and MERCY. Selecting fight increases your damage but increases your genocide gauge, ITEM gives frisk a random item, MERCY Increases the knockback and damage that opponents take

Down: DETERMINATION: This is a counter like Rebel's Guard, Frisk's Soul glows bright and frisk takes 50% less damage and cannot be knocked back, Pressing A during this move causes Frisk to slice with their knife if it hits your Genocide gauge gets some points

Up: Purple Soul: Frisk's Soul becomes purple and climbs up a purple latter that appears behind them, while climbing you can move side to side

Final Smash: Wish, Frisk's soul appears in the middle of the screen, and Frisk's friends that he they summon throughout their moveset appear and stars rain from the sky and teammates and Frisk get healed/Genocide: Frisk dashes forward with their knife and all those hit take a lot of damage

--Misc--
The Shield Animation has Frisk's Soul become Green
The double jump animation has Frisk's soul become blue
The roll animation has frisk's soul become orange

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay, the moveset of cashregister9 cashregister9 will win by default. Now onto the next job:

Job #99: Submit An Item From A Represented Series
(Okay so this is the last time in a while where I will make the item prompt something like "from a represented series.")
Anyways you can submit any item you want for this job just as long as it's from a series represented in this game, fighter or not. A total of four items will be added from this job. Please submit the item, explain how it would work, and why it should be in this game.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Arrow (Bubsy 3D)

Ain't those game designers wonderful? Well this item is not convenient - throw it and it'll grow, any projectiles or thrown items that contact it are thrown in the direction the arrow is pointing. Strategic use is key - do you dispose of projectiles, or use the item to return a projectile to sender?

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Resubmitting Wisp Capsule

Job 81

Wisp Capsule

This item will appear just as it does in Sonic it will hover slightly above the ground and inside this capsule would be one of several Wisp colors each one having a different effect, hitting it with several attacks will free the wisp giving the person who freed it an effect.

White Wisp
This is the most common and will give the user more final smash charge if the smash meter is enabled and slightly heal the user
Crimson
This will cause a fire to appear at the players feet whenever you jump

Orange
This increases the users jump height

Red
This makes the users attacks deal fire damage

Jade
This wisp will make the user invisible

Blue
this replaces all items on screen with healing items

Pink
This gives the user's shield and roll slight damaging properties.

Green
This makes the user lighter

Black
This spawns a giant explosion, this one is the rarest.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Here's a last minute submission.
Pac_land_artwork_1_by_ringostarr39-d9pxa01.png

Wing Shoes (Pac-Land)
Initially from the game Pac-Land, these shoes are a power-up in game that boosts your jumping abilities. In this Smash, they would do the same, giving you a temporary boost and making each jump you have 2X as high for as long as you have them.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright so, all of the items submitted now will be added! Now onto the next job:

Job #100 (wow we’re at 100 jobs already): Submit A Character
For this character job, I’m going to leave it completely open so pretty much any character you could want in this game can be submitted. Please submit the character, explain a bit about how they would fight, and why they should be in this game.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
PaRappa the Rapper

🎵Kick, punch, it's all in the mind! A generic brawler is not what you'll find!🎵
PaRappa would likely use a mix of skateboard and karate attacks, but unlike his PSASBR counterpart he'd have specials that directly reference classic raps

PaRappa is the father of modern rhythm gaming and one of Sony's most iconic characters, arguably the most iconic of their PS1-era cast. When PSASBR was announced in our world a lot of the buzz revolved around PaRappa so many players would likely also be surprised by his inclusion in this world. He's also decently well-known to younger generations thanks to memes relating to Asian food and vehicle doors, YouTubers like DanTDM and PewDiePie playing his games, and a certain viral game taking heavy inspiration from him.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submission will be Ryo from Shenmue

I definitely think it would be good to start giving some companies extra reps (especially because nintendo has like 8 now) and since a sega character was part of the first two characters in this game and has a lot of iconic series I think it would be my first choice for another rep. Although the character I’m picking is admittedly someone who uh… isn’t most people’s first choice.

So yeah, shenmue might be a little obscure now but I think that’s something that works in his advantage. Shenmue is pretty influential in its graphics and time management system, and may not have aged well but is still remembered fondly by alot of people. Ryo would fight by using the fighting techniques from the game as well as other, stranger things like using a forklift.

He would be a good way to represent gaming history and sega IMO.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll renominate Pokemon Trainer
View attachment 324428
I’m choosing the Pokemon Trainer since they are the player character of the Pokemon games. Unlike Brawl ans Ultimate, the trainer would do the fighting. In terms of moveset, the trainer can use their bike, throw rocks, and also use a pokemon to fly on. There would different alts including Red, Blue, Leaf, Ethan, May, and Dawn.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I'll submit The Recruit from Fortnite

Infamy is still famous, and A Fortnite character is definitely infamous.

The Recruits are the Default skins in Fortnite, Fortnite took the whole world by storm in 2018 and as such created a phenomenon of Battle Royale games, The Defaults are the most seen skins and most other skins are derived from these characters.

A Fortnite character could bring some unique playstyles that enhance the concepts brought up with characters like Steve and Gordon. The Recruit would be able to use many different firearms and abilities and can also build structures that give them a competitive advantage. The Recruit would be heavier but not slow and has a good jump, their move set could revolve around item management and pure survival.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Resubmitting Simon Belmont.
Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
View attachment 327645
Castlevania is probably the other big, long-running Konami series, and co-heads a sub-genre alongside Metroid. Simon represents Belmonts and the most common Castlevania playstyle. He has subweapons and a unique main weapon that have shown to translate perfectly to Smash’s style in our own timeline.

(I also think Resident Evil, Dragon Quest (got added), Digimon, and Tekken would be good to submit, but Castlevania seemed more important to add than Digimon and held my interest more personally than the other three.)

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
I will resubmit Springtrap
Springtrap (Five Nights at Freddy’s)
612AF326-5EA2-471C-9251-25ECD7524FF1.png

Springtrap, also known as William Afton or “The Purple Guy”, is the main villain of the Five Nights at Freddy’s series. He is a serial killer that was responsible for the deaths of five missing children at Fazbear’s Pizza, before eventually possessing this animatronic suit. Springtrap could base his moveset off of jump scares and the animatronic hallucinations from FNAF 3. One attack could even be… THE BITE OF 87! Five Nights at Freddy’s is a really popular horror game series, spawning a ton of games and merchandise. It’s even been said by many younger gamers, that is started their path down to other horror genre games.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #100 voting:
PaRappa the Rapper 5
Ryo 4
Pokemon Trainer 5
The Recruit 11
Simon 14
Springtrap 2

Meaning Simon will be added to the roster. Now onto the next job:

Job #101: Submit A Moveset For Shovel Knight And/Or Bomberman
I’m definitely not going back to making these one job instead of two so the character jobs don’t catch up as quick So for this job I would like you to submit a Moveset for Shovel Knignt, Bomberman or both if you want to. All you need to submit are the specials and a final smash.

Additionally, I’ll start a poll to see if people want Richter as Simon’s echo:

AlRex

Smash Lord
My personal idea for Simon’s Alts would be that half are Simon, the base Smash design + the Chronicles design, and two based on Castlevania 1 and 2’s sprites, then two for Richter, and two for Trevor, one a more modern design for him and one based on Castlevania 3’s sprite. Depends on what everyone else thinks, though. I’ll also try to add a Bomberman moveset idea in a bit.

D

Deleted member

I say if Richter makes it in as an echo, alternatively have four echos for their different designs like Hero
Smash, Chronicles, Simon's Quest Boxart, Mirror of Fate
Smash, DXC, SOTN, Bloodletting
If not do what the dude above me said

Last edited by a moderator:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 101

EDIT: I cannot read

Bomberman

Neutral B: Bomb: Bomberman places a bomb on the ground it can be hit in several direction after a timer it explodes in a cross shape

Side B: Bomb Toss: Bomberman Throws a bomb forward, instantly exploding upon contact with the ground or with a player

Down B: Bomb Select: A Menu appears around bomberman that changes the type of bomb his Neutral B uses
-Fire Bomb: deals Fire Damage
-Ice Bomb: Freezes opponents
-Wind bomb: creates a windbox upon it's explosion

Up B: Remote Bomb: Bomberman places a remote bomb underneath his feet, pressing B again Detonates it, If Bomberman is above the Bomb it launches him upwards.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Idk Shovel Knight and Bomberman but for when Simon comes here's my proposed edit

Up B: Staircase. Can be reused both by Simon and by other fighters, like Pac-Man's springs. If mounted on ground it can be destroyed, and occasionally healing turkey will be inside. Like before, dependent on Richter. If he is in this would be the up special, as the current knife uppercut only leans to him and not to Simon.

Down B: Holy Water. Either only Richter's flames travel forward or for both, the button can be held to make it travel

Final Smash: Richter can keep Grand Cross. Simon uses a Rosary instead.
Cross_NES_Icon.png

A Focused FS that damages opponents in a zone with a flash. If an opponent has high damage they will be Instant KO'd.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlRex

Smash Lord
My ideas for Bomberman now...
B: Bomb Drop/Charge
Tap to drop the bomb where you are, where it will eventually produce a small explosion after a brief period of time. Hold B to make the bomb larger, creating a larger, but quicker explosion upon release. Be careful, as bombs can also harm Bomberman if you're not careful. You can also move bombs with your other attacks or throws, but be careful not to heavily attack it too up close.

B Up: Rocket Blast
Bomberman jets upward with a flaming jetpack. Can be angled before lift off, but will generally stick to one direction for the long burst.

B Forward: Rooey Rush
Bomberman hops onto this kangaroo-like creature, which then leaps forward, then disappears right after. This gives Bomberman an additional momentum attack and recovery option.

B Down: Bomb Fuse
Bomberman uses this move to take an elemental property, either from an item, part of the stage, or a projectile thrown at him, and snags it to merge with one of his bombs to change its property. This will change the type of bombs he uses for his neutral special. Throwing-wise, they’ll mostly act the same, unless otherwise noted, but their explosions will have different properties. For example, if there is nothing directly near you, or an air-type projectile, you'll get a Wind Bomb, which can create tornados instead of regular explosions. Ice, Water, Fire, Electricity, and Poison result in fairly expected effects and bomb types. Taking from shadowy/dark energy will create a Gravity Bomb, releasing a miniature black hole that sucks in foes. Light energy can result in the Light Bomb, which creates a dome of light upon exploding which will temporarily slow time for any foe caught in its path. Taking from metal will create a Pierce Bomb, which can be thrown to destroy certain items or terrain before blowing up, as well as doing extra damage to foes hit by it even before exploding. Ground/Rock/Grass/Wood/Cloth all get generalized to create the Navarm Bomb for Bomberman, which sprays lava around in four directions, which can also create small bursts of flame, as well. Plastic/Rubber will, naturally, get you a Rubber Bomb, which bounces around when hit or thrown, much like a bouncing ball. It will explode eventually, though.

Final Smash: Skull Bomb
Bomberman charges up a massive bomb that eventually has a skull appear on it. He then leaps up above the heavy bomb he's hoisted and then tosses it onto the stage, where it then explodes in a massive cross/t shaped explosion.

Now Shovel Knight, as well...
A: Digging. Shovel Knight digs with his shovel. This moves somewhat slower than most A combos, but can hit hard, and has a utility beyond just simply jabbing with the shovel, being able to potentially uncover items, as well as acting as essentially an extra quick grab and back-throw for Shovel Knight.

Down-Air: Shovel Drop
SK tilts his shovel straight downward and bashes down, which can also bounce upward off of foes or the ground,
much like a certain wealthy Scottish duck.

Other Relics and Special Attacks (in the Shovel Knight sense) will get used for certain moves, like the Dust Knuckles for the Dash Attack, the Throwing Anchor for the Up-Smash, the Fishing Rod for a long-range grab and throws, as well as a potential tether recovery, and the Charge Slash for a Down-Smash.

But this is what I ended up choosing for his Specials (in the Smash Bros. sense)

B: Flare Wand
SK swats out this wand and shoots out a fireball, which travels straight-forward, moves slightly slower than Mario's fireball, but hits somewhat harder. You can also do an extra bit of damage up close by hitting a foe with the wand.

B Up: Propeller Dagger
SK holds this dagger outward, which then starts spinning like a helicopter blade. SK can angle this in multiple directions to travel upward for a brief period, and it also serves as a multi-hitting move to those in his path.

B Side: Chaos Sphere
I ultimately decided on this over the Alchemy Coin or Mobile Gear because I thought digging served the purpose of potentially gaining treasure/items for Shovel Knight, and the Propeller Dagger seemed like more of a signature recovery option for SK. You can shoot out up to two of these bouncing green energy spheres to move along the ground and do damage to foes, though they will disappear after a period of time, but during the time they are active, you cannot shoot out any more.

B Down: Phase Locket
SK uses this to briefly become completely intangible for about 3 seconds. There's a cooldown between each use, and you could potentially be vulnerable if you used this in the air or timed it poorly, but while in use, nothing can harm you whatsoever.

Final Smash: Catch Her!
The background changes to a more dream-like one as Shovel Knight sees Shield Knight fall from the sky towards him. If he can catch her, the two will then perform a tag-team attack on the nearest foes, smacking with the shovel and bouncing them against the shield before sending them flying. Alternatively, you could go with the War Horn, but this felt more tied into SK's character.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Richter will get in. Anyways I’ll finish this job in a few hours but before then here’s my shovel knight moveset:
Neutral Special: Dig
He sticks his shovel in the ground then swings a clump of dirt forward

Side Special: Magic
He swings a magic wand forward then makes a fireball go forward

Up Special: Shield Knight
He jumps upwards then Shield Knight appears under him. He puts his shovel down and then bounces off of the shield

Down Special: War Horn
He blows on a horn which causes a sound wave to go around him

Final Smash: Steel Thy Shovel
He swings his shovel forward which leads into a cinematic where he bounces off of Shield Knight just like his up special. He then drills downward with his shovel dealing damage to the opponent.

Only other thing I want to add is his down air… I think it’s kind of obvious what that would be.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
The Bomberman moveset of cashregister9 cashregister9 will be used and the Shovel Knight moveset of AlRex AlRex will be used. Now onto the next job:

Job #102: Submit A Stage For Bomberman And/Or Shovel Knight
This’ll be like the last job, except with stages instead of movesets. Please submit a location and the layout. You can submit either a bomberman stage a shovel knight stage or both.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I'm gonna be lazy and just submit Bomb Factory for Bomberman's stage, done exactly as it is in Super Smash Flash 2. https://mcleodgaming.fandom.com/wiki/Bomb_Factory

As for Shovel Knight's stage, Plains of Passage will be taken from Shovel Knight's own game and Smash-like spin-off game, getting basically the same stage layout as in there, but rendered in 3D, albeit with 8-bit colors and textures, much like the unlockable SMB1 stage in Smash 64.
1631533080548.png

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submission for Shovel Knight’s stage will be Sleeping Dragon

It’s the area where the sleeping dragon is in Shovel Knight, only in HD. The stage is mostly flat but you can also jump on the dragon. The dragon will also sometimes fire bubbles which you can stand on.

And with that I’ll finish Job #102. Bomb Factory will get in by default and here’s the poll for Shovel Knight’s stage:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
The sleeping dragon will be added as Shovel Knight’s stage. Now onto the next job:
Job #103: Submit a Second Assist Trophy For Any Series
Submit another assist trophy for any series that only has one so far. Please submit the character, what series they’re from and how they would help you. I will add two assist trophies from this job.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I initially thought of adding another FF assist, but why not try to give Sonic another:

Job 47:
I’ll nominate Amy from the Sonic series since she is a recurring character in the series, but not as major/popular as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, and Eggman. As an assist, she’ll attack with her hammer, and she is KO’able.

View attachment 323401

AlRex

Smash Lord
magikarp.png

Magikarp appears as an Assist Trophy and...flops uselessly on the stage. Oh well. You can choose to pick the fish up and throw them at your foes. However, if you attack them too much, it will become agitated and evolve into the giant sea serpent(?) known as Gyarados.

gyarados.png

Gyarados will flail about, whipping into nearby foes, then spew out a giant blast of water that will push even the hardiest of foes in its path off stage.

Top Bottom