• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards creates: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Bonus DLC!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The (hopefully) final Min Min job...
Echo submission: Waddle Dee (Food)

Waddle Dee would be Kirby's clone - my idea is that he'd be inable to inhale or copy, but he'd have a special, powerful neutral B Kirby can't get his hands on - given that Waddle Dee doesn't have a copy ability. He'd likely have less jumps but also be heavier. Bandana Waddle Dee would be one of his alts.
Resubmitting Octoling.
Octoling (Splatoon) (Recent releases)
View attachment 352817
A very obvious pick for the game in terms of Echo Fighter.
She/He would be stronger, but slower Inkling clone and it would have different final smash in the game.

Bit over done but have Goo Lad.
Also, I would like to replace my Toy Link submission with Springtron.

First of all, design wise, this guy is incredible, as to be expected with the ARMS cast. He may not have the god-tier juxtaposition off of his counterpart that other mechanical doubles might (Metal Sonic easily comes to mind) but he still looks awesome. I'm also not sure if submitting Spring-Man or Ninjara would've been okay since they have content in other forms. It would also just be really interesting to have an echo fighter that gets in before the character they're mimicking. Springtron's main difference from Min Min would be that he has different swappable weapons for his ARMS and that he's a villain, so he would need to have a different Final Smash (possibly based around his EMP ability if it isn't already worked into his moveset, or having the ARMS villains gang up on the foe with him).
  1. Waddle Dee
  2. Gooigi
  3. Octoling
  4. Springtron
Please vote for your top 2

Now, Steve time:
  1. 3D Pixel Mario (@Darkonedagger)
  2. 3D Pixel Kirby (@Darkonedagger)
  3. Soldier Armour Link (@Darkonedagger)
  4. 3D Pixel Duck Hunt ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
  5. 3D Pixel Samus ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
  6. 3D Pixel Lucas ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
  7. Blast Mask Young Link ( Janx_uwu Janx_uwu )
  8. Sir Night of Rool ( Janx_uwu Janx_uwu )
  9. Armoured Mewtwo ( Janx_uwu Janx_uwu )
  10. Great Lord Lucina ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
  11. 3D Pixel Ness ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
  12. 3D Pixel Ice Climbers ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Note that Kirby and (Dr.) Mario may get banned from getting alts going forwards if they win this time.

Please vote here:

I will be resubmitting Waddle Dee

The Square
(Voodoo Vince)

An Xbox colt cult classic and Phil Spencer's favourite game, Voodoo Vince would be represented by this horse-themed stage based on one of the hardest puzzles in the game, where Vince had to aggrivate a living pegasus statue. The stage's layout would basically be a silhouette of a house - the left legs (back from the game's camera) of the horse and ears wouldn't be interactable - though the right legs (front) are.

The horse is generally static, but animates in small ways: its tail will raise up like Slowpoke on Poké Floats; it will occasionally step out its front (right) leg like in the image to be stood on; it will raise its head up; and it's pegasus wings would uncurl to be used as soft platforms. There is one way it animates that isn't small however - if you as much as get near its back legs, it will kick you away to be KO'd instantly.

The main reason I'm submitting this is because of Voodoo Vince's brilliant jazz OST. I also think it's a better "raunchy platformer with context sensitive buttons" to represent than Conker on virtue of being a homegrown Microsoft IP.

SKYRIM

View attachment 352977
Players fight in Helgen, the opponening area of Skyrim. Its a pretty basic stage with some small grounded platforms you can stand on. Various characters watch the fight before a dragon flies over head and the stage transitions

View attachment 352975
Next you battle in the Wintery Druadach Mountains. Careful you don't fall. A bear will wnader around in the back before running out of the way of a snow storm. The stage then transitions again.

View attachment 352978.
The players fight in the college of Winterfell. The Orb thing floats in the background before glowing and doing another transition.

View attachment 352979
Players fight in Sovngarde, on top of the bones and broken statues, before the mighty dragon Alduin swoops down and attempts to scoop up the fighters, sending Players back to the first area.
View attachment 352982
Ragnarok's Canyon
This location from Battletoads is the first level andthe only true beat em' up level (According to the wiki 💀), this level comes directly from Microsoft and checks the pixel art rule, I can see this stage being similar to KOF stadium or Coliseum in layout, however this stage will featurea platform above the center (Like in the image), in terms of hazards, the three Battletoads and Psyko Pigs will appear every once in a while, they won't care about anyone and they don't have a problem with attacking the fighters so watch out.
Dirt Race (Forza)

Okay so imagine Mute City SNES if the vehicles/platforms were wildly unpredictable in their movements. That's Dirt Race, pretty much. Takes place in Forza Horizon 5's rendition of Mexico but I thought it would be weird to just have a stage called "Mexico" and not have anything distinctly Mexican about it.
The Forza series is extremely well known and I wanna have a vehicle stage that's just, like, normal cars and not super futuristic ships and whatnot.

Alts:
1. Young Link with Blast Mask
2. Resubmitting my Sir "Night" of Rool concept
3.Armored Mewtwo
  1. Dirt Race
  2. Ragnarok's Canyon
  3. Skyrim
  4. The Square
Please vote for your top 2 ranked.

Steve's third content will be an item!

Submit an item for Steve
This can be from Minecraft, but doesn't have to be.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Solitaire Card will be an item by default

There are 7 winners for the Steve alt job, going over the 6 alt maximum
  1. Armoured Mewtwo
  2. Pixel Mario
  3. Pixel Kirby
  4. Pixel Duck Hunt
  5. Pixel Samus
  6. Sir Night of Rool
  7. Great Lord Lucina
We will be eliminating one pixel alt for visual variety. Please vote here

Note that if Pixel Mario and/or Pixel Kirby are added, Mario and Dr. Mario; and/or Kirby will all be banned from getting new alts from this point

1. The Square
  2. Dirt Race = 3
  3. Skyrim = 4
  4. Ragnarok's Canyon = 5
Originally this was a three-way draw, but I removed my own votes and thus allowed Ragnarok's Canyon to win, representing Battletoads!

Gooigi = 3
Springtron = 3
Waddle Dee = 5
Octoling = 7

Inkling now has an echo fighter in the form of Octoling!

Submit Octoling's changes from Inkling

Submit 8 alternate costumes for Octoling

Submit between 5 and 15 music tracks for Ragnarok's Canyon

Killer Instinct music is allowed as well as Battletoads. Music from the Battletoads reboot is allowed

Sephiroth jobs will open tomorrow

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Due to a two-way tie that my vote isn't included in, the pixel elimination job will close tomorrow

Octoling changes will remain open.

My Battletoads music will be used, as will my Octoling alts

Sephiroth will allow content from all Square Enix IPs - including the ones they sold off after SSBU's DLC ended - except for Dragon Quest. Super Mario RPG content will be allowed, but not any other Mario RPGs. Additionally, Non-7 Final Fantasy games will be allowed for all content.

Sephiroth's themes for 1P content will be
  1. Evil
  2. Wings
  3. Cyberpunk (The genre/aesthetic, not the game)
  4. Gods
  5. Experiments
  6. Death
Please try to stay within basic good taste with the "death" theme.

Submit up to 3 alternate costumes to go with Sephiroth!
Mario; Dr. Mario; and Kirby are all banned currently. If one of them doesn't get a pixel alt, they'll be allowed one more alt in a future job, but not for Sephiroth.

Submit a stage to go with Sephiroth!

Vote on Sephiroth's third content!

If an echo is voted in, echoes will be banned until Sora

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Stage: Threed (Evil/Death)

A huge stage with a bit of a zombie problem. The yellow square is a destrutible hard platform while all off the red platforms are soft - leftmost being a desk, middle being ghostly fog, and the rightmost being trees. On the left is a circus tent you can go inside with a billboard above; a house in the middle; and trees to the left.
D9E32BBC-03E3-47AA-AB56-63670F8B6214.jpeg

This is a very big stage, and it has a gimmick fit for its get-lost nature - zombie mist. If you catch zombie mist, you'll turn into a zombie, represented by green eyes; a unique slump animation; and green skin if applicable. As a zombie you're slower, but also more powerful. If someone takes you out they'll gain two points and you'll lose two - one for the zombie mist and one for you. As a zombie, you gradually take more damage. Zombification wears off after a while, and disappears between stocks.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Stage: Airship
Airship_FFIII_DS_Yoshida_Artwork.jpg

Since FF games that arent 7 are allowed I will go for the airship, that would also allow include songs that arent from 7 (Chocobo Theme lets goooooo). Should be noted that the airship has different looks in each game but the classic one is the most recognizable, also the classic Overworld map from FF1 would be see from above.

Skins:
  1. Dry Bowser
  2. Calamity Ganon
  3. Mecha Knight

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. Classic Dark Pit
2. TP Ganondorf
3. Zombie Wario

Stage: Forest Maze

Not a big SMRPG fan but Geno fans could certainly use something to soften the blow after Sephiroth. The song alone is pretty iconic so it would be cool to have it in Smash. I imagine this stage as taking place in the treetops above, being hard platforms for a non-hazards competitive variant and soft platforms for a casual hazards on variant. Story events of SMRPG would play out in the background like NC.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Pixel alt elimination is still a draw, as is Sephiroth's third content. To prevent a high backlog of jobs being built, this thread will not continue until the ties are broken. I may ask a non-SB friend to resolve the ties tomorrow if the strawpolls stay a tie, but since this thread's concept is more complex than SMSB (and I'm just less passionate about it than SMSB) it may be hard to give context so I will give the thread a chance to fix the ties firsy.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Tokyo (Sin and Punishment) (Cyberpunk)

Would basically be a stagnant stage with a traveling background, like you're flying through the city at high speeds. There are Ruffians (flying monsters) that come up in the background that can shoot towards the foreground and Saki will shoot at them from said foreground. So obviously, if you're caught in the crossfire then it's bad news. Luckily, there's a bit of delay between when Saki locks-on and fires, and the enemy shots are slow (but powerful) so there's enough time to dodge if you're in an unfortunate spot.
(this game is hard to research lol, I don't even know if that's the right image)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
My second stage submission would be Venus Lighthouse, I'm too lazy so I will just crop and paste the version from Infinite:
----------------------------------------------------------------
1653531765880.png
The stage consists of three separated platforms with the middle one being the largest. The kiddie platform has a second tier platform that functions as a floating platform and us surrounded by statues but this dies affect gameplay. Both the right and left platform is flanked by a statue that can be destroyed thus opening more space for side KO’s. The background has several elements that gives it a life such as moving clouds and a day and night cycle set against an expansive and fantastical view. The stage has several cameos including Felix, Jenna, Ivan, Garret, Mia, and even Alex, Saturous, and Menardi. The stage is also unique in that, like Midgard, tgerrcsrecdummons. This hsooebdvaftecs certain amount of elemental Djinn see captured.

Summons
NameRequirementDescription
VenusOne Venus DjinnA large version of the Djinn appears and unleashed a powerful yellow energy attack within a certain radius.
RamsesTwo Venus DjinnIt hurls four boulders to crash and fuse together which travels forward like a Drill Arm.
CybeleThree Venus DjinnThis gigantic wood frog summons a storm of vines to shoot up from the ground in front of it. It has a large radius of effect and will instantly trap anyone caught inside. It has the potential to carry them up the upper blast lines.
JudgementFour Venus DjinnThis heavenly warrior will fly into the far background and then charges up an energy blast. It will fire it which causes it to collide with the stage in a manner similar to the Moon and a blast effect like the Smart Bomb but far larger.
MarsOne Mars DjinnMuch like Venus but deals Fire damage instead.
KirinTwo Mars DjinnThis fire lion-like creature will charge forth for some distance while slamming anyone in its way. It produces a trail of fire behind it.
TiamatThree Mars DjinnThe dragon will land which causes a burst of fire to swell up around it which damages anyone comes into contact with it. It then unleashed powerful flame attacks on either side of itself.
MeteorFour Mars DjinnA gigantic asteroid will collide with the stage. A targeting symbol will appear on the stage floor and will move back and forth before crashing down and doing high amounts of damage.
JupiterOne Jupiter DjinnMuch like the above but it’s comprised of four purple orbs.
AtlantaTwo Jupiter DjinnThis heavenly goddess appears in the sky and will then rain down up to twenty green arrows while targeting a certain area.
ProceneThree Jupiter DjinnThis gigantic bird conjures up a tornado which sucks in opponents. It then fires several lightning blasts that home onto the opponent for extra damage. The tornado then “spits” out the opponents.
ThorFour Jupiter DjinnThor appears within a large glyph in the sky and crashes down to the stage on a bolt of lightning which can deal damage. From there, it unleashed a powerful blast of lightning which does tremendously high damage in front of him before launching the opponent.
MercuryOne Mercury DjinnIt functions much like Jupiter but it spins rapidly.
NereidTwo Mercury DjinnThis youthful goddess appears and causes a section of the stage to swell up with water and form a geyser which launches opponents.
VenusThree Mercury DjinnThis gigantic purple whale appears in the far background and will jump while firing an aquatic laser. It functions somiliar to the Meteor summon bit the targeting symbol won’t move back and forth.
BoreasFour Mercury DjinnA gigantic, mechanical beast will appear and unleash a wintry blast all around it; freezing opponents and launching them.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Without further delay, stages and alts are closed!
Stage: Threed (Evil/Death)

A huge stage with a bit of a zombie problem. The yellow square is a destrutible hard platform while all off the red platforms are soft - leftmost being a desk, middle being ghostly fog, and the rightmost being trees. On the left is a circus tent you can go inside with a billboard above; a house in the middle; and trees to the left.
View attachment 353207

This is a very big stage, and it has a gimmick fit for its get-lost nature - zombie mist. If you catch zombie mist, you'll turn into a zombie, represented by green eyes; a unique slump animation; and green skin if applicable. As a zombie you're slower, but also more powerful. If someone takes you out they'll gain two points and you'll lose two - one for the zombie mist and one for you. As a zombie, you gradually take more damage. Zombification wears off after a while, and disappears between stocks.
Stage: Airship
View attachment 353209
Since FF games that arent 7 are allowed I will go for the airship, that would also allow include songs that arent from 7 (Chocobo Theme lets goooooo). Should be noted that the airship has different looks in each game but the classic one is the most recognizable, also the classic Overworld map from FF1 would be see from above.

Skins:
  1. Dry Bowser
  2. Calamity Ganon
  3. Mecha Knight
1. Classic Dark Pit
2. TP Ganondorf
3. Zombie Wario

Stage: Forest Maze

Not a big SMRPG fan but Geno fans could certainly use something to soften the blow after Sephiroth. The song alone is pretty iconic so it would be cool to have it in Smash. I imagine this stage as taking place in the treetops above, being hard platforms for a non-hazards competitive variant and soft platforms for a casual hazards on variant. Story events of SMRPG would play out in the background like NC.
My second Sephiroth stage will continue the evil theme: Ganon's Tower

For its layout, I will reuse my Star Festival layout from SMSB - the blue platform is soft. There are no hazards, this is a competitive stage first and foremost.
View attachment 353364
Tokyo (Sin and Punishment) (Cyberpunk)

Would basically be a stagnant stage with a traveling background, like you're flying through the city at high speeds. There are Ruffians (flying monsters) that come up in the background that can shoot towards the foreground and Saki will shoot at them from said foreground. So obviously, if you're caught in the crossfire then it's bad news. Luckily, there's a bit of delay between when Saki locks-on and fires, and the enemy shots are slow (but powerful) so there's enough time to dodge if you're in an unfortunate spot.
(this game is hard to research lol, I don't even know if that's the right image)
My second stage submission would be Venus Lighthouse, I'm too lazy so I will just crop and paste the version from Infinite:
----------------------------------------------------------------
View attachment 353365
The stage consists of three separated platforms with the middle one being the largest. The kiddie platform has a second tier platform that functions as a floating platform and us surrounded by statues but this dies affect gameplay. Both the right and left platform is flanked by a statue that can be destroyed thus opening more space for side KO’s. The background has several elements that gives it a life such as moving clouds and a day and night cycle set against an expansive and fantastical view. The stage has several cameos including Felix, Jenna, Ivan, Garret, Mia, and even Alex, Saturous, and Menardi. The stage is also unique in that, like Midgard, tgerrcsrecdummons. This hsooebdvaftecs certain amount of elemental Djinn see captured.

Summons
NameRequirementDescription
VenusOne Venus DjinnA large version of the Djinn appears and unleashed a powerful yellow energy attack within a certain radius.
RamsesTwo Venus DjinnIt hurls four boulders to crash and fuse together which travels forward like a Drill Arm.
CybeleThree Venus DjinnThis gigantic wood frog summons a storm of vines to shoot up from the ground in front of it. It has a large radius of effect and will instantly trap anyone caught inside. It has the potential to carry them up the upper blast lines.
JudgementFour Venus DjinnThis heavenly warrior will fly into the far background and then charges up an energy blast. It will fire it which causes it to collide with the stage in a manner similar to the Moon and a blast effect like the Smart Bomb but far larger.
MarsOne Mars DjinnMuch like Venus but deals Fire damage instead.
KirinTwo Mars DjinnThis fire lion-like creature will charge forth for some distance while slamming anyone in its way. It produces a trail of fire behind it.
TiamatThree Mars DjinnThe dragon will land which causes a burst of fire to swell up around it which damages anyone comes into contact with it. It then unleashed powerful flame attacks on either side of itself.
MeteorFour Mars DjinnA gigantic asteroid will collide with the stage. A targeting symbol will appear on the stage floor and will move back and forth before crashing down and doing high amounts of damage.
JupiterOne Jupiter DjinnMuch like the above but it’s comprised of four purple orbs.
AtlantaTwo Jupiter DjinnThis heavenly goddess appears in the sky and will then rain down up to twenty green arrows while targeting a certain area.
ProceneThree Jupiter DjinnThis gigantic bird conjures up a tornado which sucks in opponents. It then fires several lightning blasts that home onto the opponent for extra damage. The tornado then “spits” out the opponents.
ThorFour Jupiter DjinnThor appears within a large glyph in the sky and crashes down to the stage on a bolt of lightning which can deal damage. From there, it unleashed a powerful blast of lightning which does tremendously high damage in front of him before launching the opponent.
MercuryOne Mercury DjinnIt functions much like Jupiter but it spins rapidly.
NereidTwo Mercury DjinnThis youthful goddess appears and causes a section of the stage to swell up with water and form a geyser which launches opponents.
VenusThree Mercury DjinnThis gigantic purple whale appears in the far background and will jump while firing an aquatic laser. It functions somiliar to the Meteor summon bit the targeting symbol won’t move back and forth.
BoreasFour Mercury DjinnA gigantic, mechanical beast will appear and unleash a wintry blast all around it; freezing opponents and launching them.
  1. Venus Lighthouse
  2. Tokyo
  3. Ganon's Tower
  4. Forest Maze
  5. Airship
  6. Threed
Please vote for your top 3

@Darkonedagger Is the Grima Robin you have in mind the male or female?

Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer Mecha Knight does not appear to have a cape, which wouldn't work with Meta Knight's Down B; victories; and taunts.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Airship
  2. Ganon
  3. Venus

While I'm at it, alts:
  1. Dress Cloud
  2. Charizard fan club Pokémon Trainer (Male trainer with Charizard onesies for all except Charizard, who is the black and red Shiny)
  3. Nintendo Land Toy Ridley

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Alts are closed - other jobs will open and close later today
  1. Dry Bowser
  2. Calamity Ganon
  3. Mecha Knight
  4. Pseudo Palutena
  5. Dress Cloud
  6. Charizard Fan Club Pokémon Trainer
  7. Toy Ridley
  8. Wedding Bowser
  9. Male Grima Robin
  10. Classic Palutena
  11. Classic Dark Pit
  12. Zombie Wario
  13. Twilight Princess Ganondorf
Please vote here:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The alts will be
  1. Dry Bowser
  2. Psuedo Palutena
  3. Dress Cloud
  4. Male Grima Robin
  5. Zombie Wario
  6. Mecha Knight

Tokyo = 2
Threed = 4
Forest Maze = 5
Ganon's Tower = 6
Venus Lighthouse = 10
Airship = 15

Venus Lighthouse
and Airship will be new stages!

Submit music for Venus Lighthouse
Please submit between 5 and 15 songs from the Golden Sun series for Venus Lighthouse!

Submit music for Airship!
Please submit between 5 and 15 songs from Final Fantasy series (outside of 7 and its directly related titles) for Airship!

Pyra and Mythra will allow content from
  1. Ghosts n Goblins
  2. Monster Hunter
  3. Xenoblade Chronicles X
  4. All non-Xenoblade IPs created by Monolith Soft
Their themes for first party content will be
  1. Swords
  2. Support
  3. Cooking
  4. Fire
  5. Light
i have no clue if cooking is that relevant to their personality but ssbwiki mentions it a lot in their origins

Submit a stage to go with Pyra & Mythra

Submit alt costumes to go with Pyra & Mythra

Vote on Pyra & Mythra's third content

If a second stage is chosen there will not be a chance to have a second stage for any other characters

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Top Bottom