• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards creates: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Bonus DLC!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I will submit Dire Dire Bay to cash in to Super Mario 3D All-Stars
Dire Dire Bay

This stage is somewhat of a combination of Jolly Roger Bay and Dire Dire Docks, mostly the prior. You begin on the Jolly Roger Bay ship pre-capsize as it floats across - the water in swimmable in this portion and it faces sideways, meaning there is a wall. Eventually it will capsize and all fighters will fall to the bottom of the sea as the ship shifts to face forwards. When underwater, gravity is reduced and there is land below the ship that can be walked on. Unagi lurks underwater and will peek out of his signature hole to warn you before biting, which 1HKOs. Eventually, a geyser will send the ship shooting back upwards and back on land, making it face the opposite direction as before (so if the wall was to the left at first, it'll be to the right now) and switching from the peaceful shores to the dire, dire metalic tunnel of Dire Dire Bay - both direction and location rotate.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Janx's Central Highway music will be used, as will my Poké Floats music.

All 6 alts will be added.

View attachment 352771
Vault (Fallout)

View attachment 352772
Players fight inside a Vault with a gear shaped entrance. The layout looks kind of like the custom stage above. But with way more detail. The entrance may sometimes open, allowing Gouls and even a dreaded Deathclaw the chase to attack a fighter.
Dire Dire Bay

This stage is somewhat of a combination of Jolly Roger Bay and Dire Dire Docks, mostly the prior. You begin on the Jolly Roger Bay ship pre-capsize as it floats across - the water in swimmable in this portion and it faces sideways, meaning there is a wall. Eventually it will capsize and all fighters will fall to the bottom of the sea as the ship shifts to face forwards. When underwater, gravity is reduced and there is land below the ship that can be walked on. Unagi lurks underwater and will peek out of his signature hole to warn you before biting, which 1HKOs. Eventually, a geyser will send the ship shooting back upwards and back on land, making it face the opposite direction as before (so if the wall was to the left at first, it'll be to the right now) and switching from the peaceful shores to the dire, dire metalic tunnel of Dire Dire Bay - both direction and location rotate.
Please vote here for a stage

Min-Min's third content will be an Echo Fighter!

Submit an Echo Fighter to release with Min Min!

Please submit an echo fighter to release with Min Min. This can be of Min Min herself, but no other DLC characters

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Echo submission: Waddle Dee (Food)

Waddle Dee would be Kirby's clone - my idea is that he'd be inable to inhale or copy, but he'd have a special, powerful neutral B Kirby can't get his hands on - given that Waddle Dee doesn't have a copy ability. He'd likely have less jumps but also be heavier. Bandana Waddle Dee would be one of his alts.

Last edited:

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
1652896208615.png

Dry Bowser (Bowser echo)
This would be a lighter and faster version of bowser with different effects, nothing too crazy except, he could have a different final smash since there's no such thing as a "Dry Giga Bowser".

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Toy Link (Toon Link)

To be completely honest, I dunno if this guy has an official name yet, but I don't think Tink had one either, at least until Brawl. I just like it more than Chibi-Link.
Anyways, Toy Link would have some of Toon Link's stronger one-hit moves as well as some of Young Link's faster multi-hits.
(And yes, I am aware we would have 4 Links if this were to win)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Hero's Shade (Link)

Would have Link's pre-Brawl moveset. Based on Link's mentor from Twilight Princess who is heavily implied to be OoT Link. I think this would be a really fun way to include a previously cut version of a character.
I love this idea, but which of Min Min's criteria does this account for?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Well, there is Link's Awakening on Switch, but if that's not eligible I'll replace him.
I'd say Link's Awakening is just barely recent enough, but Hero's Shade isn't in it so he won't count.

Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Which of Min Min's criteria does Octoling fall into? Octo Expansion came out before Ultimate base game so it's not elegible for recent releases, and "far-range attacks" isn't counting projectiles.

Last edited:
I'd say Link's Awakening is just barely recent enough, but Hero's Shade isn't in it so he won't count.

Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Which of Min Min's criteria does Octoling fall into? Octo Expansion came out before Ultimate base game so it's not elegible for recent releases, and "far-range attacks" isn't counting projectiles.
Sorry. I though you mean recent Switch releases, darn it.

Well, you know, none of them.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Dire Dire Bay will be a new stage!

We only have 3 viable echo subs

Waddle Dee would be Kirby's clone - my idea is that he'd be inable to inhale or copy, but he'd have a special, powerful neutral B Kirby can't get his hands on - given that Waddle Dee doesn't have a copy ability. He'd likely have less jumps but also be heavier. Bandana Waddle Dee would be one of his alts.
View attachment 352816
Dry Bowser (Bowser echo)
This would be a lighter and faster version of bowser with different effects, nothing too crazy except, he could have a different final smash since there's no such thing as a "Dry Giga Bowser".
Toy Link (Toon Link)

To be completely honest, I dunno if this guy has an official name yet, but I don't think Tink had one either, at least until Brawl. I just like it more than Chibi-Link.
Anyways, Toy Link would have some of Toon Link's stronger one-hit moves as well as some of Young Link's faster multi-hits.
Please vote here:

Submit music for Dire Dire Bay!
Please submit between 5 and 15 music tracks from the Mario franchise for Dire Dire Bay! Mario Kart will be allowed

Tomorrow, we will start on the echo changes and Steve.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My Dire Dire Bay music will be used

Steve's themes for 1P content will be
  1. Mining/Underground
  2. Armour
  3. Pixel art
  4. Explosions
  5. Gems and rocks
  6. Squares
Microsoft content is allowed - now including Bethesda, but no Activision. The Tower of Druaga; Bomberman; and No More Heroes content are also allowed. You are not allowed to expand Banjo-Kazooie's representation, though Diddy Kong Racing content is fine.

Submit a stage for Steve

Submit alt costumes to go with Steve

Vote on Steve's third content

If his third content is an echo fighter, Sephiroth and Pythra won't be able to have echoes.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
PastaRorroKuma PastaRorroKuma I am EXTREMELY sorry for this confusion, but I may have to revoke Dry Bowser's inclusion. I wasn't paying proper attention to the submissions and I have now found that Dry Bowser doesn't seem to fit into any of Min Min's criteria. Unless you can defend Dry Bowser's inclusion, I will be restarting the Min Min echo job.

Last edited:

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
PastaRorroKuma PastaRorroKuma I am EXTREMELY sorry for this confusion, but I may have to revoke Dry Bowser's inclusion. I wasn't paying proper attention to the submissions and I have now found that Dry Bowser doesn't seem to fit into any of Min Min's criteria. Unless you can defend Dry Bowser's inclusion, I will be restarting the Min Min echo job.
Well, then just go with the second most voted option, I think what i'll say it's a stretch but MK Tour released fairly recently when Min Min was released and Dry Bowser was already in Tour when Min Min released, MK Tour isn't a Switch game so maybe it still doesn't count but idk.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Well, then just go with the second most voted option, I think what i'll say it's a stretch but MK Tour released fairly recently when Min Min was released and Dry Bowser was already in Tour when Min Min released, MK Tour isn't a Switch game so maybe it still doesn't count but idk.
I won't be allowing Dry Bowser since 1. Tour isn't a Switch game, removing his ties to Min Min; and 2. Dry Bowser isn't a major character in Tour, nor is his inclusion a particularly big surprise or comeback like - say - Baby Wario; Dolphin or Goomba Tower in Tour were.

Submit an echo fighter to release alongside Min Min
Echoes of Min Min herself are allowed, but no other DLC.

Also Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds I apologise for disqualifying Octoling, I had somehow forgotten that Splatoon is an elegible series for Min Min. You are free to resubmit them.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I will be resubmitting Waddle Dee

The Square (Voodoo Vince)

An Xbox colt cult classic and Phil Spencer's favourite game, Voodoo Vince would be represented by this horse-themed stage based on one of the hardest puzzles in the game, where Vince had to aggrivate a living pegasus statue. The stage's layout would basically be a silhouette of a house - the left legs (back from the game's camera) of the horse and ears wouldn't be interactable - though the right legs (front) are.

The horse is generally static, but animates in small ways: its tail will raise up like Slowpoke on Poké Floats; it will occasionally step out its front (right) leg like in the image to be stood on; it will raise its head up; and it's pegasus wings would uncurl to be used as soft platforms. There is one way it animates that isn't small however - if you as much as get near its back legs, it will kick you away to be KO'd instantly.

The main reason I'm submitting this is because of Voodoo Vince's brilliant jazz OST. I also think it's a better "raunchy platformer with context sensitive buttons" to represent than Conker on virtue of being a homegrown Microsoft IP.

D

Deleted member

When we get to Sephy could we submit a Zack echo for Cloud? That may make me wanna wait to do an echo till then

I think we should go item. We haven't done it yet and Minecraft has options

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I’ll resubmit Toy Link.
Toy Link (Toon Link)

Other stuff on the way.

D

Deleted member

Bit over done but have Goo Lad.

SKYRIM

Helgen.jpg

Players fight in Helgen, the opponening area of Skyrim. Its a pretty basic stage with some small grounded platforms you can stand on. Various characters watch the fight before a dragon flies over head and the stage transitions

EY6UtDmMtSWYevpG6ApVCa.jpg

Next you battle in the Wintery Druadach Mountains. Careful you don't fall. A bear will wnader around in the back before running out of the way of a snow storm. The stage then transitions again.

Skyrim-Pros-Cons-Joining-College-Winterhold.jpg
The players fight in the college of Winterfell. The Orb thing floats in the background before glowing and doing another transition.

maxresdefault (11).jpg

Players fight in Sovngarde, on top of the bones and broken statues, before the mighty dragon Alduin swoops down and attempts to scoop up the fighters, sending Players back to the first area.

Last edited by a moderator:

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
1653075713107.png

Ragnarok's Canyon
This location from Battletoads is the first level andthe only true beat em' up level (According to the wiki 💀), this level comes directly from Microsoft and checks the pixel art rule, I can see this stage being similar to KOF stadium or Coliseum in layout, however this stage will featurea platform above the center (Like in the image), in terms of hazards, the three Battletoads and Psyko Pigs will appear every once in a while, they won't care about anyone and they don't have a problem with attacking the fighters so watch out.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Dirt Race (Forza)

Okay so imagine Mute City SNES if the vehicles/platforms were wildly unpredictable in their movements. That's Dirt Race, pretty much. Takes place in Forza Horizon 5's rendition of Mexico but I thought it would be weird to just have a stage called "Mexico" and not have anything distinctly Mexican about it.
The Forza series is extremely well known and I wanna have a vehicle stage that's just, like, normal cars and not super futuristic ships and whatnot.

Alts:
1. Young Link with Blast Mask
2. Resubmitting my Sir "Night" of Rool concept
3.Armored Mewtwo

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
1. Pixel Flint shirt for Lucas haven't played Mother 3, hopefully he's not on the same level of Smash-related controversy as Masked Man
2. Resubmitting my Sir "Night" of Rool concept
3.Armored Mewtwo
Recolours aren't allowed, sorry. A Flint shirt would probably be fine if they were though.

Speaking of which... my submissions will be:
  1. 3D Pixel Duck Hunt
  2. 3D Pixel Samus
  3. 3D Pixel Lucas

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Replaced the Flint recolor with Young Link (Blast Mask). I think it's cool and we should have way more mask alts for Yink to be frank.

Also, I would like to replace my Toy Link submission with Springtron.

First of all, design wise, this guy is incredible, as to be expected with the ARMS cast. He may not have the god-tier juxtaposition off of his counterpart that other mechanical doubles might (Metal Sonic easily comes to mind) but he still looks awesome. I'm also not sure if submitting Spring-Man or Ninjara would've been okay since they have content in other forms. It would also just be really interesting to have an echo fighter that gets in before the character they're mimicking. Springtron's main difference from Min Min would be that he has different swappable weapons for his ARMS and that he's a villain, so he would need to have a different Final Smash (possibly based around his EMP ability if it isn't already worked into his moveset, or having the ARMS villains gang up on the foe with him).

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Also, I would like to replace my Toy Link submission with Springtron.

First of all, design wise, this guy is incredible, as to be expected with the ARMS cast. He may not have the god-tier juxtaposition off of his counterpart that other mechanical doubles might (Metal Sonic easily comes to mind) but he still looks awesome. I'm also not sure if submitting Spring-Man or Ninjara would've been okay since they have content in other forms. It would also just be really interesting to have an echo fighter that gets in before the character they're mimicking. Springtron's main difference from Min Min would be that he has different swappable weapons for his ARMS and that he's a villain, so he would need to have a different Final Smash (possibly based around his EMP ability if it isn't already worked into his moveset, or having the ARMS villains gang up on the foe with him).
Even if I like him I don't think he would work well has Min Min's echo, the main problem with her is her kicks, it would be weird to see someone like Springtron to do that.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Even if I like him I don't think he would work well has Min Min's echo, the main problem with her is her kicks, it would be weird to see someone like Springtron to do that.
Fair point. In that case we may want to make his major change that he doesn't have kicks, so we can focus on him being a robot (so like, random stuff comes out of him a la Bowser Jr) or something along those lines. I could see his Up Smash being an EMP wave that takes a while to charge up (like Lucas' up smash) and stuns. Up air could be his spring-y hair bouncing up or something. At that point though we might want to only make the new weapons aesthetic changes (like the boomerang and lokjaw have the same properties as the ram ram and megawatt).
He's definitely got a few questions as an echo but I think they have answers, it might just take a bit to think of ways to work around or change the look of Min Min's kicks

Top Bottom