• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Expand-A-Franchise, Currently Expanding… Nothing!

Should the Mario series get an echo fighter?

• Yes

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the mii costume voting:
Eunie 2
Elma 12
Noah 2
High Entia 1
Dunban 4
Tatsu 0
Captain Paidrag 7
Pyra/Mythra 0
Nopon 0
Reyn 3
Mecha Fiora 9
Poppi 0

So our mii costumes will be Elma, Mecha Fiora, Captain Paidrag, Dunban and Reyn. Here’s the poll for our echo fighter:

I will also be submitting some music and so here they are. Did a very basic amount of research on X and 3 since I haven’t played them yet:
1. Uncontrollable (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
2. Immediate Threat (Xenoblade Chronicles 3)
3. Eagus Wilderness (Xenoblade Chronicles 3)
4. Moebius Battle (Xenoblade Chronicles 3)

Job #145: Submit A Xenoblade Chronicles Spirit
Submit a spirit originating from the Xenoblade Chronicles series. Please include these things at least, but you can add more if you want to:
Character
[image]
Class
Stage
Song
Opponent(s)
Rules

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright then, we are now done with Xenoblade content. Yeah so at first I was waiting for someone to submit spirits for Xenoblade 3 but since probably no one will we'll just move on. Also Dunban will be our echo.

So, now we're onto Duck Hunt content. Content from Duck Hunt as well as Nintendo light gun games (besides stuff like Yoshi Safari or Link's Crossbow Training that are a part of broader series) will be eligible. You can submit up to four music tracks.

Here's our echo poll:
Should Duck Hunt Get An Echo? - Online Poll - StrawPoll.com

Job #146: Submit A Duck Hunt Stage
Submit a stage from the Duck Hunt series. Please submit the stage, layout, and any other content.

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Hogan’s Alley
1670899376418.png

Another 8-Bit stage just like Duck Hunt. It looks just like the screenshot, and cutouts will slide in from any of the four corners over time. Attack a cutout to destroy it. Attacking “bad guys” has a chance of dropping an item, while attacking “good guys” penalizes you with a stun and 10% of damage.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
East Driftwood Coach Chase (Tin Star)

A Wild West chase through the robot west town, East Driftwood.
E1298A78-1A28-47D9-B6EE-6AAD354A5C96.jpeg

Blue = hidden area
Red = soft platform

Criminals will plunder the wagon, stealing items; traps; and projectiles but not directly damaging - a reticle goes around the stage and aims for the criminals, but fighters can be caught in the crossfire. If the reticle hits the inside of the wagon an extra bit of the inside will be visible, while if it hits the horse it will run off, giving the stage less room. Being under the horse can damage like most car stages, however the moving ground is a lot slower than most other car stages, great for tricking your foes into thinking you've been KO'd, when you've actually just jumped into a hidden area.

1. Title (Tin Star)
  2. Goin' Around Town
  3. Out in the West
  4. Cleanin' Up the Town

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Gumshoe
1670933139729.png

The stage is a scrolling stage with the layout of a Gumshoe Level, and the balloons can be interacted with.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
We won’t give Duck Hunt an echo. Here are the options for stages. Please vote for your top two or top one most wanted stages. You can vote for your own.
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Hogan’s Alley
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario East Driftwood Coach Chase
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Gumshoe

My votes:
1. East Driftwood
2. Gumshoe

Job #147: Submit A Duck Hunt/Light Gun Item
Submit a Duck Hunt item. Please submit the item and it’s function.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Skull Box
BCC9A122-57B4-4342-8E92-8EA02C1FC304.jpeg

From Gumshoe, it's basically a slightly more powerful and bigger Bumper - however, at over 100 damage it can insta KO, much like the danger zones on Great Cave Offensive. Can't stick to floors or walls though.

1. Hogan's
  2. Driftwood

Last edited:
1. Hogan's alley
2. Gumshoe

Job 152:
NES Zapper (Nintendo Series)
1671038916603.png
When spawned, it acts like Ray Gun or Super Scope, but the reticle shows in front of it and you can aim at anywhere. If shot at enemy, it gets stunned and blinded. It can be good item for preventing from recoveries like stunning the opponent before getting on platform.

I nominate the NES Zapper, because it could represent Nintendo Hardware and it could Ray Gun of SSB reboot. It could very fun item for the game, especially when it's useful as Anti-Recovery Item to prevent People from recovering back to Stage.

D

Deleted member

1. East Driftwood
2. Alley

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Mole (Super Scope 6)

The mole walks around and you can pick it up and throw it. If you throw it it burries into the ground and will stay in that spot. Sometimes it will jump out and deal damage to whatever it hits but it can be knocked away if hit three times.

Would this work as an assist trophy too? Maybe but I think it could be better as an item since you’ll have control over where to place it.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the stage vote:
Hogan’s Alley 13
East Driftwood Coach Chase 11
Gumshoe 4

So Hogan’s Alley will be our stage. Here are the options for stage voting:
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Skull Box
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds NES Zapper
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Mole

Plesde vote for your top two or one most wanted in order. Your own submission can be in first.
My votes:
1. Skull Box
2. Mole

Job #148: Submit A Duck Hunt/Light Gun Assist Trophy
Submit an assist trophy originating from the Duck Hunt series. Please submit the trophy and how it works.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Kid (Tin Star)
58A14858-4FF0-469A-9E71-A669C5E34EC7.jpeg

The Kid is an extremely annoying AT, running, jumping, and shooting out extremely powerful (15% per bullet) cork bullets rapidly - the cork bullets don't cause flinching, so you can walk throught them to beat him up... but you wouldn't hit a BABY, would you?Hit the Kid, and you'll be treated to a whack on the head from a book detailing the Good Guy Code of the West - the Kid is insta-KO'd in one hit, but you may be too if you've been damaged over 50% - and after being around The Kid, you likely will.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Your submission is eligible but we already kind of have the same thing on the stage we added so you might want to change it to something not as redundant
TBF, the Pac-Man ghosts AT was identical to their stage hazard role on Pac-Maze, so I don't think it's too big an issue, at least when talking prescedent.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Well anyways here are the results of the item voting:
Skull Box 10
NES Zapper 2
Mole 13

So Mole will be our item. Here’s a poll for the assist trophy:

Job #149: Submit A Duck Hunt/Light Gun Mii Costume
Submit a mii costume originating from the Duck Hunt or light gun series. Please submit the costume and which class it’s for.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
We got 6 submissions for mii costumes so those will be added by default. Gangster, Lady & Policeman will be the assist trophy.

Job #150: Submit A Duck Hunt/Light Gun Spirit
Submit a spirit from the Duck Hunt series. Please submit at least this although you can add more if you want to:
Character
[image]
Class
Stage
Song
Opponent(s)
Rules

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Tin Star
Ace

Song: Title (Tin Star)
Stage: Spirit Train
Opponent: Metal Incineroar with Super Scope
Allies: metal Wario x 6
Rules: You are metal, Incineroar is extremely fast, stamina, you and your allies have low HP, Super Scopes spawn often

Wild Gunman (Live Action)
Ace
5C3DE848-E2DE-48FE-8D82-FDE670C5C966.jpeg

Enhance from the Wild Gunman spirit included in vanilla SSBU

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
We are now finished with Duck Hunt content and onto Street Fighter related content! Here's the poll for the echo:
Should Street Fighter get an echo? - Online Poll - StrawPoll.com

Job #151: Submit A Street Fighter Stage
Submit a stage originating from the Street Fighter series. Please submit the location of the stage and layout.

You can submit up to four music tracks for Street Fighter as well.
My music tracks:
1. Sakura Theme (Street Fighter Alpha 2)
2. Arabesque (Street Fighter EX)
3. Juri Theme (Super Street Fighter IV)
4. Viator (Street Fighter 6)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
World of Warriors

This is a competitive legal stage featuring every single SF2 stage, sprites directly ripped from the arcade (with the exception of the platforms, which are a blocky 3D to resemble paralax scrolling) - the background is determined by the music track, if a song not (remixed) from an SF2 stage is used it phases between the stages with each KO. The SF2 Medley I attached would change background in tune to the music. The Z-Axis is not flattened and Steve's materials are consistent like they are on Omegas.
50493536-055B-4258-809D-7E7E13AEA8B6.jpeg

1. Capcom Logo/Title - Street Fighter 2 (New Remix)
  2. Street Fighter 2 Medley (New Remix)
  3. Theme of Geki (New Remix)
  4. Guy's Theme

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Mr. Top Player (Street Fighter 6)
2. Volcanic Rim (Street Fighter IV)
3. Rashid's Theme (Street Fighter V)
4. Theme Of Q (Street Fighter III 3rd Strike)

Ring of Arcade

This still takes place in front of the SFII building with all of the background details and characters in tact EXCEPT for the giant cutouts

The stage itself is an FD sized platform floating in front of the SFII Logo, after a while the giant cutouts come in and replace the fd platform and the stage essentially becomes a Capcom themed Pokefloats

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
1. Mr. Top Player (Street Fighter 6)
2. Volcanic Rim (Street Fighter IV)
3. Rashid's Theme (Street Fighter V)
4. Theme Of Q (Street Fighter III 3rd Strike)

Ring of Arcade

This still takes place in front of the SFII building with all of the background details and characters in tact EXCEPT for the giant cutouts

The stage itself is an FD sized platform floating in front of the SFII Logo, after a while the giant cutouts come in and replace the fd platform and the stage essentially becomes a Capcom themed Pokefloats
I dont recogniz this stage but i would enjoy in smash.
Songs:
Sakura's theme (Street figthter Alpha 2)
Rashid's theme (Street fighter 5)
Dudley's theme (Street fighter 3)
Karin's theme (Street fighter 5)

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Battle Harbor

The stage is set on the pier from which Battle Harbour takes place on, with about 2 floating metallic platforms being featured on both sides of the stage. The water can be swimmable, but occasionally one of the ships featured in the background of Ken's Stage in the Street Fighter games will eventually pull in for fighters to battle on.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
We will give Street Fighter an echo. For stages I’ll submit Ayutthaya Ruins.

The statue acts as a big platform in a really long flat stage. Big enough to be an “8 player stage.”

So here are the options for stages. Please vote for your top three most wanted in order. Your own submission can only be in first place.
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario World of Warriors
cashregister9 cashregister9 Ring of Arcade
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Battle Harbor
Perkilator Perkilator Flamenco Tavern
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Ayutthaya Ruins

My votes:
1. Ring of Arcade
2. Ayutthaya
3. Battle Harbor

Job #152: Submit A Street Fighter Item
Submit an item originating from the Street Fighter series. Please submit the item and how it works.

Last edited:
Top Bottom