• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Drifting Dimensions - The ultimate crossover kart racer!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Daytona USA

Technically goes against my rules about kart racers before but I don’t think this counts lol. Daytona USA was one of the biggest arcade games and racing games ever and so I think this could represent that but also the concept of real life cars as well. Would come with 3 karts: 1990 Chevrolet Lumina, 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo and 2016 Chevrolet SS

Baysha

Smash Ace
1. Homestar
2. Simpsons
3. The Best Creation Thread of All Time (Paw Patrol)
4. Scoob-Doo
5. Futurama

And just because I don't know any other car-only brands and I like the meme

Mercedes-Benz.jpg

Mercedes-Benz

Like Mario Kart, the karts will be GLA, W 25 Silver Arrow, and 300 SL Roadster. All wheeled karts.

Daytona USA

Technically goes against my rules about kart racers before but I don’t think this counts lol. Daytona USA was one of the biggest arcade games and racing games ever and so I think this could represent that but also the concept of real life cars as well. Would come with 3 karts: 1990 Chevrolet Lumina, 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo and 2016 Chevrolet SS
Not criticizing the pick itself, however, this is for a franchise to only be represented with vehicles. Therefore, Daytona USA couldn't get any tracks, which means that their music tracks also wouldn't be available, which means no "Doot doo doot doo doot doo doo dooooooooo DAYTONAAAAAA"

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Vehicle-only series: Thomas & Friends

Thomas & Friends is a British children's television series where beloved trains perform tasks for their community while solving issues and demonstrating good teamwork and whatnot. The show is most known within the gaming space for all of the meme mods you see including the title character - BotW, Elden Ring, Skyrim, RE2 - if you can name a game with a decent modding scene, there's a good chance Thomas has been added at some point.

The three cars (or trains) would be...
Thomas: The tank engine himself who is the protagonist of most episodes and movies, he's an obvious inclusion.
Percy: One of the most prominent side characters in the series, kind of a cinnamon roll.
James: Another Thomas & Friends mainstay, you can't have the two above without this cocky locomotive.

Like WWW's Cars submission, the Tank Engines would have voice clips.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Futurama = 2
  2. South Park = 3
  3. Mickey Mouse = 4
  4. PAW Patrol = 5
  5. Homestar Runner = 5
  6. Amphibia = 7
  7. Scooby-Doo = 7
  8. Regular Show = 10
  9. Looney Tunes = 13
  10. Toy Story = 16
  11. SpongeBob SquarePants = 23
  12. The Simpsons = 25
There was some tight competition between the two yellow toons from the late 20th century, but The Simpsons are officially joining the race! Homer, Bart, and Krusty will be the first 3 racers. Mamboo07 Mamboo07 won't be able to submit content but will be given extra votes.

Vehicles:
Pixar Cars

1. Lightning McQueen (Kart)
  2. Tow Mater (Kart)
  3. Chick Hicks (Kart)
They would have voice clips like the playable racers.

1. Simpsons
  2. SpongeBob
  3. Tunes
  4. Toy Story
  5. Scooby
  1. Regular Show
  2. SpongeBob
  3. The Simpsons
  4. Looney Tunes
  5. Toy Story
Vehicles-Only Franchise: Hot Wheels

Not 100% sure if this'll be allowed, since the majority of Hot Wheels cars come from licensed car manufacturers, but I think if there's any franchise I feel should be restricted to just cars, it's Hot Wheels - Not because I dislike the franchise or anything, but because the cars are literally the main point of the whole thing.

All vehicles listed are karts:
  1. 1986 Beatnik Bandit
  2. Rapid Transit (Beat That!)
  3. 24/Seven (Beat That!)
1. Spongebob
2. Looney Tunes
3. Regular Show
4. Paw Patrol
5. Scooby-Doo

All really good nominations.

Vehicle Franchise:

Rocket League

View attachment 362358

Roclet League is a well-known video game franchise involving rocket-powered cars playing soccer. This game is also big via esports and should be included in Drifting Dimensions as the cars are the main focus in the game. Along with this, I guess Rocket League can gain some Drifting Dimensions content as well for the decals on the cars.

The Rocket League Vehicles:

Octane (Kart, the main vehicle in the series)

Road Hog (Kart, I love its big size)

Paladin (Kart, I love its design so personal bias here)
  1. Spongebob
  2. Scooby-Doo
  3. Simpsons
  4. South Park
  5. Mickey Mouse
Vehicle Only Franchise:
View attachment 362357

Gonna go with Carmageddon, a vehicular combat video game released for personal computers in 1997. It was produced by Stainless Games and published by Interplay Productions and Sales Curve Interactive. It was later ported to other platforms and spawned a series.

The three vehicles will be:
  1. Red Eagle (Kart, the iconic vehicle of Max Damage)
  2. Twister (Kart, a car with a drill)
  3. Suppressor (Kart, the only six-wheeled vehicle in the game)
1. Amphibia
2. Simpsons
3. Regular Show
4. Toy Story
5. Homestar

Series

Gundam

Karts could be based on this influential mecha franchise, there are not only iconic vehicles but also you could submit karts themed after mechs

RX-78 Kart
Barbatos Bike
Haro Hovercraft (Wheelless Kart)
View attachment 362384
Transformers

An iconic franchise all about big robots who turn into cars and other modes of transport. This would be a fun and unexpected way to include the franchise. These would all be based on G1 and would be their vehicle forms.

Optimus Prime (Kart), Bumblebee (Kart), Starscream (Wheeless Kart)
Daytona USA

1. Homestar
2. Simpsons
3. The Best Creation Thread of All Time (Paw Patrol)
4. Scoob-Doo
5. Futurama

And just because I don't know any other car-only brands and I like the meme

View attachment 362389
Mercedes-Benz

Like Mario Kart, the karts will be GLA, W 25 Silver Arrow, and 300 SL Roadster. All wheeled karts.

Not criticizing the pick itself, however, this is for a franchise to only be represented with vehicles. Therefore, Daytona USA couldn't get any tracks, which means that their music tracks also wouldn't be available, which means no "Doot doo doot doo doot doo doo dooooooooo DAYTONAAAAAA"
Vehicle-only series: Thomas & Friends

Thomas & Friends is a British children's television series where beloved trains perform tasks for their community while solving issues and demonstrating good teamwork and whatnot. The show is most known within the gaming space for all of the meme mods you see including the title character - BotW, Elden Ring, Skyrim, RE2 - if you can name a game with a decent modding scene, there's a good chance Thomas has been added at some point.

The three cars (or trains) would be...
Thomas: The tank engine himself who is the protagonist of most episodes and movies, he's an obvious inclusion.
Percy: One of the most prominent side characters in the series, kind of a cinnamon roll.
James: Another Thomas & Friends mainstay, you can't have the two above without this cocky locomotive.

Like WWW's Cars submission, the Tank Engines would have voice clips.
  1. Thomas & Friends/The Railway Series
  2. Mercedes-Benz
  3. Daytona USA
  4. Transformers
  5. Gundam
  6. Carmageddon
  7. Rocket League
  8. Hot Wheels
  9. Cars
Please vote for your top 4
  1. 3
  2. 2
  3. 2
  4. 1

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. Thomas (normally would not vote my own in first but this is about my favorite thing ever outside of Sonic sooooo)
2. Cars
3. Hot Wheels
4. Transformers

Submitting Comic Book Guy, Maggie and Steamed Hams - a duo character where Skinner sits on the back like a Double Dash partner and "prepares" "steamed hams" while Cahlmers drives.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Mercedes Benz
2. Rocket League
3. Daytona
4. Hot Wheels

There are lots of good choices but some I feel should be saved for a whole season such as Transformers, Thomas and Friends, CARS, etc. Big shoutout to Thomas and Friends since it was a major staple of my childhood but I feel Thomas should get a whole season due to there being lots of locations suitable for racetracks ahd great choices for music too.

Simpsons Characters:

Lisa, Mr. Burns and Moe

CB9F7A1F-83F3-4C04-AD5E-E63963C75A21.png

32DC7FB6-0A31-4ABD-92DA-7C85DB8CF200.png

9EB08F75-266B-4495-B8F2-8645EBE85FE9.png

I don’t know much about The Simpsons but I feel these three are pretty prominent characters and thus I feel can be racers in Drifting Dimensions.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Thomas
  2. Transformers
  3. Cars
  4. Mercedes
My Simpsons submissions will be Ned Flanders, Itchy and Scratchy, and Otto Mann
Milhouse
Groundskeeper Willie
Ralph Wiggum

1. Thomas (normally would not vote my own in first but this is about my favorite thing ever outside of Sonic sooooo)
2. Cars
3. Hot Wheels
4. Transformers

Submitting Comic Book Guy, Maggie and Steamed Hams - a duo character where Skinner sits on the back like a Double Dash partner and "prepares" "steamed hams" while Cahlmers drives.
1. Mercedes Benz
2. Rocket League
3. Daytona
4. Hot Wheels

There are lots of good choices but some I feel should be saved for a whole season such as Transformers, Thomas and Friends, CARS, etc. Big shoutout to Thomas and Friends since it was a major staple of my childhood but I feel Thomas should get a whole season due to there being lots of locations suitable for racetracks ahd great choices for music too.

Simpsons Characters:

Lisa, Mr. Burns and Moe

View attachment 362395

View attachment 362396
View attachment 362397
I don’t know much about The Simpsons but I feel these three are pretty prominent characters and thus I feel can be racers in Drifting Dimensions.
  1. Thomas
  2. Transformers
  3. Cars
  4. Hot Wheels
My Simpsons characters will be The Bullies (a group racer consisting of Nelson, Jimbo, Dolph, and Kearney), Mr. Burns and Smithers (duo, Smithers does the racing while Burns takes all the credit), and Lenny and Carl (another duo).
Transformers
Thomas
Cars
Hot Wheels

Characters:
Sideshow Bob

Edna Krabappel

Hans Moleman
View attachment 362399
View attachment 362403
View attachment 362405
View attachment 362402
Marge Simpson, Bumblebee Man, Kang and Kronos (Duo)

1. Cars
2. Hot Wheels
3. Transformers
4. Thomas
1. Thomas
2. Cars
3. Rocket League
4. Hot Wheels

I'll be submitting Lyle Lanely, Troy McClure, and Hank Scorpio

View attachment 362418View attachment 362419View attachment 362420
1. Thomas
2. Cars
3. Rocket League
4. Hot Wheels

I will submit

Chief Wiggum & Lou (duo), Dr. Hibbert, Duffman

1. Duffman
  2. Dr. Hibbert
  3. Wiggum and Lou
  4. Lyle Lanley
  5. Hank Scorpio
  6. Troy McClure
  7. Kang and Kodos
  8. Marge
  9. Bumblebee Man
  10. Hans Moleman
  11. Edna Krabappel
  12. Sideshow Bob
  13. Lenny and Carl
  14. Mr. Burns and Smithers
  15. Bullies
  16. Moe
  17. Mr. Burns
  18. Lisa
  19. Steamed Hams
  20. Comic Book Guy
  21. Maggie
  22. Ralph Wiggum
  23. Groundskeeper Willie
  24. Milhouse
  25. Ned Flanders
  26. Itchy and Scratchy
  27. Otto Mann
Please vote for your top 6
  1. 3
  2. 3
  3. 2
  4. 2
  5. 1
  6. 1

Would vehicles be categorized into weight classes/sizes?
This game has engine swapping, please see the front page for more info.

1. Gundam
  2. Carmageddon
  3. Daytona USA = 2
  4. Mercedes-Benz = 4
  5. Rocket League = 7
  6. Hot Wheels = 14
  7. Transformers = 17
  8. Cars = 21
  9. Thomas & Friends/The Railway Series = 23
Three really useful karts will be made avaliable: Thomas, Percy, and James!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Tracks:
La-Z Rider

A synthwave-styled tour through an alternate Springfield, based on a popular couch gag.
Remixed song: Dr. Zaius

Springfield Elementary School and Prison

I imagine this course playing a little like the Cow & Chicken school track from Cartoon Network Racing DS - though since it's also a prison there's criminals running amok and weapons lying on the ground. You also drive past the giant blender from the iconic Treehouse of Horror skit "Nightmare Cafeteria"

Remixed song: Channel 6

1. Moleman
  2. Bullies
  3. Itchy & Scratchy
  4. Maggie
  5. Steamed Hams
  6. Milhouse

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Burns & Smithers
Moleman
Scorpio
Kang & Kodos
Troy McClure
Duffman

Burns Mansion & Power Plant

Similar to Hit & Run with underground area connecting the two.

TV Studio Lot

Race through sets of several iconic simpsons tv shows such as Krusty/Itchy & Scratchy, Kent Brockman, Bumblebee Man, & Gabbo.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. Otto Mann
2. Ralph Wiggum
3. Itchy & Scratchy
4. Steamed Hams
5. Ned Flanders
6. Kang & Kronos

Track: Treehouse of Horror

An original track based off of the Treehouse Of Horror saga. It takes place in an actual tree, kind of like Maple Treeway, with a purple night sky and long, twisting branches. References to various gags and parodies are both woven into the track and featured in the background.

Remixed track: Treehouse of Horror End Credits

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Groundskeeper Willie
2. Steamed Hams
3. Moe
4. Lisa
5. Itchy and Scratchy
6. Ned Flanders

Congrats to Thomas and Friends winning the first mini-crossover. Although I think a full-fledged season would have been better, I'm still happy to see a big part of my childhood in this crossover.

Tracks:

The Monorail

250px-Springfield_Monorail.png

You race alongside the track that the monorail rides on and follow the rails around Springfield.

Music: The Monorail Song (But Remixed for this game)

Kwik E-Mart

Kwik-e-mart.png

The famous conveinence store in The Simpsons! You are shrunk down to a small size and you race around the store dodging all sorts of products as the products are hazards.

Music: Who Needs the Kwik E-Mart (Remixed with new vocals)

Baysha

Smash Ace
1. Mr. Burns and Smithers
2. Itchy and Scratchy
3. Steamed Hams
4. Lyle Lanely
5. Otto Mann
6. Ned Flanders

D

Deleted member

1. Ned
  2. Millhouse
  3. Itchy and Scratchy
  4. Mr. Burns and Smithers
  5. Steamed Hams
  6. Moleman

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Tracks:
La-Z Rider

A synthwave-styled tour through an alternate Springfield, based on a popular couch gag.
Remixed song: Dr. Zaius

Springfield Elementary School and Prison

I imagine this course playing a little like the Cow & Chicken school track from Cartoon Network Racing DS - though since it's also a prison there's criminals running amok and weapons lying on the ground. You also drive past the giant blender from the iconic Treehouse of Horror skit "Nightmare Cafeteria"

Remixed song: Channel 6

1. Moleman
  2. Bullies
  3. Itchy & Scratchy
  4. Maggie
  5. Steamed Hams
  6. Milhouse
Burns & Smithers
Moleman
Scorpio
Kang & Kodos
Troy McClure
Duffman

Burns Mansion & Power Plant

Similar to Hit & Run with underground area connecting the two.

TV Studio Lot

Race through sets of several iconic simpsons tv shows such as Krusty/Itchy & Scratchy, Kent Brockman, Bumblebee Man, & Gabbo.
1. Otto Mann
2. Ralph Wiggum
3. Itchy & Scratchy
4. Steamed Hams
5. Ned Flanders
6. Kang & Kronos

Track: Treehouse of Horror

An original track based off of the Treehouse Of Horror saga. It takes place in an actual tree, kind of like Maple Treeway, with a purple night sky and long, twisting branches. References to various gags and parodies are both woven into the track and featured in the background.

Will submit remixed track soon.
1. Groundskeeper Willie
2. Steamed Hams
3. Moe
4. Lisa
5. Itchy and Scratchy
6. Ned Flanders

Congrats to Thomas and Friends winning the first mini-crossover. Although I think a full-fledged season would have been better, I'm still happy to see a big part of my childhood in this crossover.

Tracks:

The Monorail

View attachment 362447

You race alongside the track that the monorail rides on and follow the rails around Springfield.

Music: The Monorail Song (But Remixed for this game)

Kwik E-Mart

View attachment 362448

The famous conveinence store in The Simpsons! You are shrunk down to a small size and you race around the store dodging all sorts of products as the products are hazards.

Music: Who Needs the Kwik E-Mart (Remixed with new vocals)
1. Moleman
2. Lisa
3. Moe
4. Burns & Smithers
5. Sideshow Bob
6. Itchy and Scratchy

Track: Krustyland

Based on the clown-themed park, but mostly the arcade game's level version cause why not.
  1. Krustyland
  2. Kwik-E-Mart
  3. Monorail
  4. Treehouse of Horror
  5. TV Studio Lot
  6. Burns' Mansion and Power Plant
  7. La-Z Rider
  8. Springfield Elementary School and Prison
Please vote for your top 4

PointsNormal user Mamboo07 Mamboo07
BlustersBest BlustersBest Janx_uwu Janx_uwu nirvanafan nirvanafan Please provide the songs that'd be played on your tracks

1. Dr. Hibbert
  2. Wiggum and Lou
  3. Bumblebee Man
  4. Lenny and Carl
  5. Mr. Burns
  6. Comic Book Guy
  7. Troy McClure = 1
  8. Duffman = 1
  9. Maggie = 2
  10. Lyle Lanley = 2
  11. Hank Scorpio = 2
  12. Marge = 3
  13. Ralph Wiggum = 3
  14. Edna Krabappel = 3
  15. Sideshow Bob = 3
  16. Groundskeeper Willie = 4
  17. Milhouse = 4
  18. Otto Mann = 4
  19. Bullies = 4
  20. Kang and Kodos = 6
  21. Moe = 10
  22. Hans Moleman = 10
  23. Steamed Hams = 10
  24. Lisa = 12
  25. Ned Flanders = 13
  26. Itchy and Scratchy = 14
  27. Mr. Burns and Smithers = 20
Ned Flanders, Itchy and Scratchy, and Mr. Burns & Smithers will be joining the race!

Last edited:
Top Bottom