• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Drifting Dimensions - The ultimate crossover kart racer!

FazDude

Smash Master
Vehicles
  1. Stegosaurus
  2. Train (even with ASDF relevancy aside, I don't think we have a generic train as a kart yet, so this'd be especially cool to have)
  3. Magical Pony
  4. Muscle Car
Wheels
  1. Bal Man
  2. Pineapple
  3. Waffle
Non-Combat Anime: Spy x Family

I don't know if this counts, but it doesn't seem too combat-heavy; I haven't watched it myself, but it's pretty damn popular (or at least, that's what all the videos of it in my YouTube recommendeds indicate).
  • Loid, Yor, and Anya
  • Sylvia Sherwood
  • Damian Desmond

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Pulling from my first ever DriDim submission for this one! (well back then I swapped it for disney princess iirc)

Studio Ghibli (Racers: Chihiro - Totoro - Howl)

Even I'll admit this is just a straight-up crossover franchise, whether or not they take place in the same world. However, I don't think any of the films would be able to individually have a season, so that's why I'm submitting the whole of it! One of the first studios to be nominated for an animated feature Oscar, they've made some of the most iconic and beloved works in Japanese animation.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Dr. Stone

A really popular recent manga series, Dr. Stone has an interesting concept and a cool world (well our own but you know what I mean) and vehicles would be pretty interesting since despite it taking place in a world where technology is restarted, there are lots of iconic inventions in the series. Plenty of vehicles as well that would be very unique too.
Characters: Senku, Taiju, Kohaku

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ryan's skin will be conductor

1. Cake - 3
  2. Butt - 3
  3. Waffle - 5
  4. ASDF Face - 6
  5. Bal Man - 8
  6. Pineapple - 8
Bal Man, Pineapple, and ASDF Face will be added.

1. Goose/Duck
  2. Sheep - 3
  3. Skateboarding Cow - 4
  4. Toaster Gun - 5
  5. Butterfly - 5
  6. Muscle Car - 7
  7. Stegosaurus - 6
  8. Magical Pony Flying Through the Sky on a Magical Journey Just for You and Me - 8
  9. Train - 16
Train, Stegosaurus, Muscle Car, and Magical Pony Flying Through the Sky on a Magical Journey Just for You and Me will be added, please vote here for the 5th

Love Live!

Characters
-Printemps (Honoka, Kotori, Hanayo)
-CYaRon! (Chika, You, Ruby)
-A・ZU・NA (Ayumu, Shizuku, Setsuna)

A Large Multimedia project about idols, there are no shortage of characters to pick from, we might have to stretch for karts but also there are these

Non-Shonen/Seinen Anime Franchise:

Resubmitting Speed Racer/Mach GoGoGo

ezgif-2-98990f0175.jpg

I am not sure if this counts but this anime is long overdue to join DriDim. Speed Racer/Mach GoGoGo is an anime franchise that pretty much defined anime in the United States until the 90s. Since then, it spawned a franchise in America resulting in a live-action movie, an one-act play, toys, video games, etc. This franchise is kind of a big no-brainer to join a big crossover racing game as after all, the series is about auto racing.

Racers:

Speed Racer/Gō Mifune (the protagonist)

1362258-speed_racer_speed_racer_485532_701_576.jpg

Racer X (The Masked Racer) (The mysterious character)

Racer_X_promotional_image.jpg

Trixie/Michi Shimura (The female rep, she is the girlfriend of Speed Racer and is basically the anti-Penelope Pitstop)

View attachment 370875
Non shone/seinen anime submission:
Sailor Moon
View attachment 370871
Sailor Moon is a shojo manga series made by Naoko Takeuchi and it's about Usagi Tsukino, who is a high school student who transforms into Sailor moon and goes on adventurein search for an artifact with other Sailor soldiers.

Sailor moon is considered as one of most famous shojo mangas of all time due to it's art, characterization and humor. It's also even one of most selling mangas of all time.

Racers:
1. Sailor Moon
2. Tuxedo Mask
3. Sailor Venus

I'm nominating Sailor Moon as non-shonen/seinen anime/manga franchise for the game because it's very popular anime/manga series that is considered as one of Japan's most recognizable cultural icons along with Doraemon, Dragon ball, Astro boy or even Naruto.

Durarara

Not 100% sure this one counts but like the series and will try anyway. Where there is some action and super powers id say the series focuses and is more well known for its mysterious and complex overarching story.

Racers
Celty
Shizou & Tom Tanaka
Izaya
Doraemon

View attachment 370878

Doraemon is a manga/anime series written and illustrated by Fujiko F. Fujio,in the series,a robotic earless cat called Doraemon travels back in time to 22th century with a boy called Nobita Nobi.

Characters: Doraemon,Nobita Nobi and Shizuka Minamoyo
Vehicles
  1. Stegosaurus
  2. Train (even with ASDF relevancy aside, I don't think we have a generic train as a kart yet, so this'd be especially cool to have)
  3. Magical Pony
  4. Muscle Car
Wheels
  1. Bal Man
  2. Pineapple
  3. Waffle
Non-Combat Anime: Spy x Family

I don't know if this counts, but it doesn't seem too combat-heavy; I haven't watched it myself, but it's pretty damn popular (or at least, that's what all the videos of it in my YouTube recommendeds indicate).
  • Loid, Yor, and Anya
  • Sylvia Sherwood
  • Damian Desmond
Pulling from my first ever DriDim submission for this one! (well back then I swapped it for disney princess iirc)

Studio Ghibli (Racers: Chihiro - Totoro - Howl)

Even I'll admit this is just a straight-up crossover franchise, whether or not they take place in the same world. However, I don't think any of the films would be able to individually have a season, so that's why I'm submitting the whole of it! One of the first studios to be nominated for an animated feature Oscar, they've made some of the most iconic and beloved works in Japanese animation.
View attachment 370879
Nichijou
Yūko, Mai, Mio
A slice of life series in the truest sense of the world. Acclaimed for its characters. I haven't seen all of it but I'm sure there's stuff we can pull from.
Dr. Stone

A really popular recent manga series, Dr. Stone has an interesting concept and a cool world (well our own but you know what I mean) and vehicles would be pretty interesting since despite it taking place in a world where technology is restarted, there are lots of iconic inventions in the series. Plenty of vehicles as well that would be very unique too.
Characters: Senku, Taiju, Kohaku
  1. Dr. Stone
  2. Nichijou
  3. Studio Ghibli
  4. Spy X Family
  5. Doraemon
  6. Durarara
  7. Sailor Moon
  8. Speed Racer
  9. Love Live
Please vote for your top 4
  1. 4
  2. 3
  3. 2
  4. 1

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a track for Santy Claws!

Submit a story mode mode for Santy Claws!

As a public domain character, I'll allow a little more leeway with this character's story mode content - however, you still can't include any direct Nightmare Before Christmas content and you'll have to make it distinct enough from the existing Christmas Town track

D

Deleted member

1. Love Live
2. Sailor Moon
3. Nichijou
4. Spy X Family

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Krampus' Grotto

Since this is the last racer before Brrmmwasher, and probably the brainwashing victim there's the most stakes in freeing, I feel it'd be fun to make something ghoulish and frightening - in this track you race around Krampus' grotto, destroying all his machines and freeing the naughty children from his grasp. A giant Krampus looms over the track, watching over first place and attacking whenever the opportunity arises (in a very predictable way)

Santy mode: Bumper Cars
No items, but getting bumped into knocks you back quite a bit. Danger zones are scattered across the track that you need to avoid.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. Studio Ghibli
2. Dr Stone
3. Sailor Moon
4. Speed Racer

Choo-Choo Village

A huge model train set on the floor of a cozy home decorated for the holidays. Vehicles go faster on the train tracks than the felt snow, but there's a chance you'll be hit by a surprise locomotive, so you've got to be careful.

Mode: Opposite Day
You ever watch those videos of people trying to beat videogames without doing X/Y/Z? That's this. Everything that would normally help you hurts you and vice versa (except drifting, that's still encouraged). Don't touch boost panels, don't use items, but make sure to get hit by as many hazards as you can because they all provide speed boosts.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The 5th vehicle will be the Butterfly

Krampus' Grotto

Since this is the last racer before Brrmmwasher, and probably the brainwashing victim there's the most stakes in freeing, I feel it'd be fun to make something ghoulish and frightening - in this track you race around Krampus' grotto, destroying all his machines and freeing the naughty children from his grasp. A giant Krampus looms over the track, watching over first place and attacking whenever the opportunity arises (in a very predictable way)

Santy mode: Bumper Cars
No items, but getting bumped into knocks you back quite a bit. Danger zones are scattered across the track that you need to avoid.
1. Studio Ghibli
2. Dr Stone
3. Sailor Moon
4. Speed Racer

Choo-Choo Village

A huge model train set on the floor of a cozy home decorated for the holidays. Vehicles go faster on the train tracks than the felt snow, but there's a chance you'll be hit by a surprise locomotive, so you've got to be careful.

Mode: Opposite Day
You ever watch those videos of people trying to beat videogames without doing X/Y/Z? That's this. Everything that would normally help you hurts you and vice versa (except drifting, that's still encouraged). Don't touch boost panels, don't use items, but make sure to get hit by as many hazards as you can because they all provide speed boosts.
Please vote here for the track

and here for the mode

1. Spy X Family - 2
  2. Durarara - 3
  3. Nichijou - 5
  4. Dr. Stone - 9
  5. Doraemon - 10
  6. Speed Racer - 12
  7. Love Live - 15
  8. Sailor Moon - 20
  9. Studio Ghibli - 24
Studio Ghibli will be our next season! It's first 3 racers will be Totoro, Chihiro and Howl!

D

Deleted member

Before I submit. what's the status on Lupin? I'm assuming not allowed but just checking

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The track will be Krampus' Grotto, while the mode will be - by removing my vote for Opposite Day - Bumper Cars.

Studio ghibli characters:
No Face/Kaonashi

View attachment 370968

Marco (Porco rosso)
View attachment 370969

San (Princess Mononoke)
View attachment 370970
Ponyo

View attachment 370972

A****aka
(I didn't know how i write a bad word because the character name isn't a bad word)

View attachment 370973
Yubaba

Kiki & Gigi

Laputian Robot
Tanukis

Kodama
View attachment 370982

Nausicaä
Lady Eboshi (Princess Mononoke)

Sophie (Howl's Moving Castle)

Humbert von Gikkingen (Whisper Of The Heart/The Cat Returns)

1. Humbert von Gikkingen
  2. Sophie
  3. Lady Eboshi
  4. Nausicaä
  5. Kodama
  6. Tanukis
  7. Laputian Robot
  8. Kiki and Gigi
  9. Yubaba
  10. Ashïtaka
  11. Ponyo
  12. San
  13. Marco
  14. No Face
Please vote for your top 7
Normal Janx_uwu Janx_uwu

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
  1. Ponyo
  2. Kiki and Gigi
  3. San
  4. Marco
  5. Kodama
  6. Tanukis
  7. Robot
Track: The Bathhouse
bathhouse.png

Taking place at none other than the famous location owned by the witch Yubaba, who made a promise to hire anyone asking for a position as a worker there.

The racers start at the bridge seen here leading to the entrance and ground floor seemingly dedicated to kitchens and customer-use baths.

Due to their popular and constant use, some of the baths are notorious for being extremely dirty.

Next is the second floor which can be accessed by stairs or elevators for the racers to access. They race across the dining room with guests watching while having some food enjoying the race.

Lastly is the top floor having the racers drive up a long, spiralling set of stone stairs, passing through Yubaba's office and Boh's bedroom alongside driving through twisting hallways with No Face chasing after the racers.

I imagine this as a 3-lap section like Mount Wario from Mario Kart 8.

Music: Remix of One Summer's Day

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Marco
2. San
3. Kiki
4. Humbert
5. Ponyo
6. Nausica
7. Robot

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Both tracks will be used by default

1. Sophie
  2. Yubaba
  3. Ashïtaka
  4. Tanukis - 2
  5. Kodama - 3
  6. Lady Eboshi - 4
  7. Nausicaä - 6
  8. Laputian Robot - 9
  9. Humbert von Gikkingen - 9
  10. Ponyo - 16
  11. No Face - 16
  12. Kiki and Gigi - 21
  13. San - 22
  14. Marco - 25
Kiki & Gigi, San, and Marco will be added!

Top Bottom