• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Drifting Dimensions - The ultimate crossover kart racer!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Goku's skin will be Super Saiyan, Vegeta's will be Super Saiyan Blue, Frieza's will be Golden, Piccolo's will be his driving school outfit, by removing my vote for SSG Trunks; Dragon Ball Super Trunks will be used.

View attachment 363984
Sesame Street
One of the most iconic and recognizable shows, kind of deserves a spot.

Racers: Elmo, Big Bird, and Cookie Monster
I was super close to submitting Peppa Pig for this, and while I will probably vote for her if she gets submitted...

Animal Planet - Gorilla, Panda, Penguin

photorealistic animals = funnee. Wheels could be a little hard but vehicles and racers should be easy if very competitive. Costumes may have to be original.
Peppa Pig is a british children TV show series and it's about Peppa, who is a pig that likes to spend time with her family and her friends. Each episode teaches kids about life and it's moments.
This show became so popular that many children & adults can recognize this show. After the show's success, the franchise has spawned many books, toys and even video games.

Racers:
1. Peppa Pig (The protagonist)
2. George (her brother)
3. Daddy Pig (A funny choice)

I'm submitting Peppa Pig because it's one of very popular preschool TV shows and it would be funny to see Peppa racing with Goku & Homer on Aperture Science Labs track.
Funny thing is, the image used to announced the job was from a Reddit post talking about a PBS Kids platform fighter funny enough. Similar to a certain thread here…now onto my submission, I have been waiting for this job.

Education/preschool franchise:

PAW Patrol

B59C7756-CAED-4CA8-A90E-2AB502D74810.jpeg

Debuting in 2013, this Nick Jr/Spin Master IP has made waves in the preschool world. This would be tons of fun to add for sure. After all, there’s a sequel coming out for the PAW Patrol movie as well as a spinoff series for Rubble coming soon. The perfect meme and preschool audience attracting choice to get the kiddos into Drifting Dimensions.

Characters:

Ryder (the human leader of the team)

Chase (the police dog)

Everest (a pup who joined later on, was not initally there, plus a female rep)
Dora The Explorer

View attachment 363994

Dora The Explorer is most famous preschool cartoon,and it is a nick jr. Cartoon

Characters:Dora, Boots and Swiper
The Magic School Bus

It's for kids, it's educational, and it's perfect for a crossover kart racer with a wide array of cast members, outfits, items, tracks and vehicles!

The first three racers would be Miss Frizzle, Liz, and Arnold.
The Upside Down Show
View attachment 363997

I don’t really think this one will win but this was my favorite show as a young child and I believe it shaped a lot of the nonsense that formed in my brain as I grew up. The starter characters would be David, Shane, and Puppet.
View attachment 364001
Lazy Town
An educational kids show with a large meme following. The colorful cast of characters are prime for a kart racers.
Characters: Sportacus, Stephanie, and of coruse, Robbie Rotten

I wanted to submit Blues Clues but I figure this gave us more room for content
View attachment 364007
Arthur
Racers: Arthur, DW, Buster
Dr. Seuss

The Grinch, The Cat in the Hat, Sam-I-Am
Cool Math Games

This is maybe stretching the definition of “educational” but the site is intended as a way of teaching kids logic and puzzle solving skills and is extremely beloved by a whole generation. A lot of the characters from the series have been used plenty of times to promote the website sorta like mascots so the site definitely has a sense of identity in regards to it’s characters.
Characters:
1. Papa
2. Fireboy & Watergirl
3. Duck
View attachment 364019
Blue's Clues

One of the biggest preschool shows around, Blue's Clues involves the playful dog Blue that leaves "clues" for the host of the show to figure out what Blue is telling them. The show provides a range of charmingly surreal locations in the signature "young kids show" way that can provide a good batch of content for the game. The biggest hurdle I can see is the vehicle portion, but I think we can find enough to squeeze in.

Racers will be: Steve and Blue, The Spice Family, and Periwinkle

Caillou

I will submit Caillou, Boris, and Doris
Humongous Entertainment

Humongous Entertainment is one of the most prolific educational game creators famous for many series

-Freddi Fish & Luther
-Pajama Sam
-Spy Fox
  1. Humongous Entertainment
  2. Caillou
  3. Blue's Clues
  4. Coolmath Games
  5. Dr. Suess
  6. Arthur
  7. LazyTown
  8. The Upside Down Show
  9. The Magic School Bus
  10. Dora the Explorer
  11. PAW Patrol
  12. Peppa Pig
  13. Animal Planet
  14. Sesame Street
Please vote for your top 6
  1. 3
  2. 3
  3. 2
  4. 2
  5. 1
  6. 1

Please try to consider that this series will have vehicles, tracks, e.t.c. to fill.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a new engine class!
Please submit a new engline class for driving! For reference, the existing engine classes are taken from CTR, which you can read about here:
Please give a description of how this class plays and/or numerical stats. At least one is needed, but both is appreciated. You can add some kind of gimmick if you desire. No image needed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Peppa
2. Lazytown
3. Sesame Street
4. Dr. Suess
5. Arthur
6. Paw Patrol

Last edited by a moderator:

Baysha

Smash Ace
1. Dr. Seuss
2. Magic Schoolbus
3. LazyTown
4. Blue's Clues
5. Humongous
6. Upside Down (I like the fuzzball guys in the image)

Cool Math Games

This is maybe stretching the definition of “educational” but the site is intended as a way of teaching kids logic and puzzle solving skills and is extremely beloved by a whole generation. A lot of the characters from the series have been used plenty of times to promote the website sorta like mascots so the site definitely has a sense of identity in regards to it’s characters.
Characters:
1. Papa
2. Fireboy & Watergirl
3. Duck
Okay I didn't say this before because I was sure this sub was going to get denied but I'm pretty sure this counts as a crossover. I'm not sure that Cool Math Games makes their own games, but if they did, these characters still wouldn't be made by them. You wouldn't be negotiating with a singular Cool Math Games, you'd be negotiating with Flipline Studios, Oslo Albet, and Wix Games. And more if more studios get involved. (Which I think is likely as pretty much just Papa Louie has enough characters to fill up the rest of the slots.) That's not even considering the fact that the games chosen don't actually inherently have any educational aspects to them.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Animal Planet
Humongous
Dr. Seuss
Dora
Sesame Street
Lazy Town

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Okay I didn't say this before because I was sure this sub was going to get denied but I'm pretty sure this counts as a crossover. I'm not sure that Cool Math Games makes their own games, but if they did, these characters still wouldn't be made by them. You wouldn't be negotiating with a singular Cool Math Games, you'd be negotiating with Flipline Studios, Oslo Albet, and Wix Games. And more if more studios get involved. (Which I think is likely as pretty much just Papa Louie has enough characters to fill up the rest of the slots.) That's not even considering the fact that the games chosen don't actually inherently have any educational aspects to them.
I've never really considered negotiations an issue (I approved and even voted for a previous submission of the confounding legal anomaly that is Diddy Kong Racing) - in the case of Coolmath, I decided to let it fly simply because they claim to be educational - not much different from 99% of the Nick Jr. programming lineup, heh.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Dr. Seuss
2. Animal Planet
3. Paw Patrol
4. Humongous Entertainment
5. Arthur
6. Peppa Pig

Lots of good choices here.

New engine class:

Not sure if this works but...

Off-Road

This type of engine is for those who want to take risks and have success on driving elsewhere besides the track. Works great on grassy surfaces and the liking but not on the regular track.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Sesame Street
2. Blue's Clues
3. Dora the Explorer
4. Caillou
5. Peppa Pig
6. Paw Patrol

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Peppa
  2. Dr. Suess
  3. Lazytown
  4. Animal Planet
  5. Arthur
  6. Humongous

New engine class: Tank
The tank class is extremely slow and heavy, but it's also much more durable; handles corners with ease; and has extra useful items.
1. Dr. Seuss
2. Animal Planet
3. Paw Patrol
4. Humongous Entertainment
5. Arthur
6. Peppa Pig

Lots of good choices here.

New engine class:

Not sure if this works but...

Off-Road

This type of engine is for those who want to take risks and have success on driving elsewhere besides the track. Works great on grassy surfaces and the liking but not on the regular track.
  1. Off-Road
  2. Tank

Both will be added

1. Caillou = 3
  2. Coolmath Games = 5
  3. The Upside Down Show = 6
  4. The Magic School Bus = 6
  5. Arthur = 7
  6. Blue's Clues = 7
  7. Dora the Explorer = 8
  8. Animal Planet = 10
  9. Humongous Entertainment = 13
  10. PAW Patrol = 15
  11. Peppa Pig = 15
  12. Sesame Street = 17
  13. LazyTown = 17
  14. Dr. Suess = 27

The works of Dr. Suess will be joining the race, courtesy of Nirvanafan - who won't be able to submit bit will get extra votes. With the Cat in the Hat, Sam-I-Am, and the Grinch startng their engines - how ba-a-a-a-d could it be?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit up to 3 Dr. Suess racers!
Please submit up to 3 Dr. Suess racers, I will allow characters from adaptations (Once-Ler's on the table, boys) but not characters from Dr. Suess's adult-aimed works or the 6 banned books. Please include an image

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Sorry for missing out on the submissions/votes, but I'm hoping to make up for it with some submissions!

Onceler (SOMEONE had to submit him)

Truffula Team (the three animals on the right; A Barbaloot, a Humming Fish, and a Swomee Swan)

Miss Bonkers (from Hooray for Diffendoofer Day, a more obscure Suess title that I always liked)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Thing 1 and Thing 2

The Lorax

Guy-Am-I
Fox and Knox
View attachment 364070

Mr. Brown
View attachment 364071

Horton
View attachment 364073

Edit: One character I considered was Van Itch from the Butter Battle book
Sorry for missing out on the submissions/votes, but I'm hoping to make up for it with some submissions!

Onceler (SOMEONE had to submit him)

Truffula Team (the three animals on the right; A Barbaloot, a Humming Fish, and a Swomee Swan)

Miss Bonkers (from Hooray for Diffendoofer Day, a more obscure Suess title that I always liked)
Red Fish & Blue Fish

Yertle the Turtle
Sally and Conrad Walden (two in one racer)

View attachment 364079

Aloysius O'Hare

View attachment 364080

Bartholomew Cubbins

View attachment 364081
Star-Belly Sneetch

Hop On Pop

Jojo McDodd

North Going Zax

The Shape of Me

Pale Green Pants
  1. Pale Green Pants
  2. The Shape of Me
  3. North Going Zax
  4. Birthday Bird
  5. Thidwick
  6. Cindy Lou-Who
  7. Jojo McDodd
  8. Hop on Pop
  9. Star-Belly Sneetch
  10. Bartholomew Cubbins
  11. Aloysius O' Hare
  12. Sally and Conrad
  13. Yertle the Turtle
  14. Red Fish and Blue Fish
  15. Miss Bonkers
  16. Truffula Team
  17. Once-Ler
  18. Horton
  19. Mr. Brown
  20. Fox and Knox
  21. Guy-Am-I
  22. The Lorax
  23. Thing 1 and Thing 2
Please vote for your top 7
Normal nirvanafan nirvanafan

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Lorax
2. Red and Blue Fish
3. Yertle
4. Thing 1 and 2
5. Cindy Lou Who
6. Guy-I-Am
7. Once-Ler

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Truffula Forest

This track begins very somber and frightening, with destroyed machines and cut down trees under a rainy sky - the "Unless" plaque is placed at the beginning of the track with a shovel next to it - and upon first place entering the second lap, a tree will grow out of it thanks to the rain, slowly creating a forest - on the third lap, the skies blue to reveal the Truffula Forest in all it's beautiful glory as the indigenous creatures return to their habitat.

Remixed Song: How Bad Can I Be? (first lap), Thneedville (second lap), Let it Grow (Third lap) (all instrumental)

D

Deleted member

1. Lorax
2. Thing 1 and 2
3. Horton
4. Guy I Am
6. Fox & Knox
5. Once-Ler
7. Star-Belly Sneetch

whoville.jpg

Who-Ville
Start on the grinches mountain and drive through the town. A Christmas themed track.
Track - You're a Mean One, Mr Grinch

9f2fad746e2b7aa912ff667002972e0f.jpg

Walden House / Cat's World
Players start out in the Walden home and drive through the house, going through various wack inventions set up by the cat, before going into a roller coaster and through Cat's World
Track - F U N Song

Last edited by a moderator:

FazDude

Smash Master
Votes
  1. Guy-Am-I
  2. Horton
  3. The Lorax
  4. Once-Ler
  5. Star-Belly Sneetch
  6. North Going Zax
  7. Aloysius O' Hare
Track: Oh, the Places You'll Go!

This stage would take major inspiration from the polychromatic landscapes of the book, as well as some of the setpieces. Overall, it'd be a very unique track among the current DriDim lineup.

Music: Oh, the Places You'll Go! (In Search of Dr. Seuss)

Top Bottom