• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Drifting Dimensions - The ultimate crossover kart racer!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The PS1 team's skin will be PS1 style

Gory Franchise:

Mortal Kombat

View attachment 370295

Probably one of the more iconic franchises known for gore that is still running to this day. Heck, in fact, one of the Mortal Kombat games I remember had an extra mode that was a kart racing mode if I recall correctly. Plus, we don’t have a fighting game franchise yet that has gotten the full season treatment.

Racers: Sub Zero, Scorpion, Shao Kahn
Gory franchise:
Resident Evil
View attachment 370300
Resident evil (Biohazard in Japan) is a survival horror video game franchise made by Capcom and it takes place in modern era, where the t-virus epidemic has spread across the globe and the heroes need to survive in zombie/monster-ridden environments by killing them.

Resident Evil is considered as one of popular Capcom franchises of all time and even one of popular horror franchises in popular culture.
The video game franchise has spawned many movies, games, comics and stuff.

Even the franchise isn't afraid of crossovers, since the characters appeared in MvC games and even in Fortnite due to it's popularity.

Racers:
1. Jill Valentine (Uses RE1 design)
2. Leon Kennedy (Uses RE4 design)
3. Alcina Dimestricu (Because of memes)

I didn't include Nemesis as one of first 3 racers because I wanted to keep it family friendly since his face may scare some people I believe (especially children).
No More Heroes

Travis
Sylvia
Shinobu
Gory Franchise: DOOM (Doom Slayer, Icon of Sin, Dr. Samuel Hayden)

For how gory it is, cramming Doom Slayer into a go-kart also fits into the series' sillier side. The only thing I can see DOOM struggling with is vehicles, but even then, imagine being able to ride on some of the bigger beasts from the series!
The Walking Dead

View attachment 370313

While a lot of you guys,are choosing video game franchises,i chose a non-video game franchise.

The Walking Dead is a Comic Book/Live-Action series very popular,in this series is a zombie apocalypse and the main character is Rick Grimes.

Characters: Rick Grimes,Daryl Dixon and Negan
Invincible was a series I considered, but maybe a mini-franchise would be best, they don't fit the standard ratios very well, espeically just going off of the show's first season. But one thought lead to another, so...

The Boys (Homelander - Billy Butcher - Starlight)

I haven't watched the show or read the comics (for my own sake) but from what I've heard, this series has pretty much all the gore you could ever ask for. But again, censoring isn't really an issue, it's more what the supes do that's bloody rather than their designs and whatnot.
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure

A massively popular anime series, Jojo would also pretty much be a treasure trove in terms of content and the nature of the series where many locations are visited could be great for a kart racer.
Characters: Jotaro Kujo, DIO, Johnny Joestar & Gyro Zeppeli
Warhammer 40k

Warhammer is a Tabletop War Game franchise that has spread to many different Genres and mediums

40k is arguably the most popular and is themed around a grimdark future

and 40k is no stranger to gore having machines powered by human flesh and blood and such delightful phrases as "Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!"

Captain Titus
Imotekh The Storm Lord
Overfiend Of Octarius
View attachment 370350
Stephen King
Carrie White, Pennywise (2017), Jack Torrance
If this isn't allowed please tell me as I do have a back up. The most famous horror author on the planet. His books do have connections to each other, with the dark tower setting up a sprawling king multiverse.
  1. Stephen King (I'll allow this one since I don't think any of his books could sustain a season of their own, at least from my limited knowledge of them)
  2. Warhammer 40'000
  3. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
  4. The Boys
  5. The Walking Dead
  6. Doom
  7. No More Heroes
  8. Resident Evil
  9. Mortal Kombat
Please vote for your top 4
  1. 4
  2. 3
  3. 2
  4. 1

D

Deleted member

1. Resident Evil
2. Mortal Kombat
3. JoJo
4. The Boys

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Track: Omnipresent '84

A dimension created in the year 1990 where all of 80s culture has been purified into the matter, air, and gasses that surrounds you, powered by the nostalgia of other universes. There are no specific references, just aesthetic cues (no floating Rubik's Cubes or anything like that, at least not visible ones) - it is a proper 80s aesthetic, not synthwave.

Mode: Clone Corruption

Two player-only battle mode where one player commands an army of clones and the other has to defend themselves against the clones. In the story mode iteration, you have to defend yourself against the cloned racer. The clone commander can't drift but can use the shoulder buttons to switch which clone they're playing as, and can select items at will instead of having to go RNG - at the expense of all clones having the same item. There's a finite amount of clones however. When playing the mode, you can use up to 7 different racer/kart combinations and choose engines for all of them but you have a total of 25 clones - in the story mode the enemy just uses the same character/kart combo all around. Only the player racer has access to the flame power and homing missile, but needs to get them from item boxes.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit up to 3 Resident Evil racers!
I will allow creatures with gory designs, which would be censored - though some could potentially be vetoed for being too gory. Please include an image, but make make sure they're in a spoiler tag with a detailed description of which type of gore it features if there's any gore.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
William Birkin

Donna Beneviento

Rebecca Chambers

Unfortunately, I think William might be a little too hard to censor. Would be really fun to see him driving a car, but the giant wall of gore doesn't seem as easy to remove as a tiny bit of exposed muscle or near-hollow chest hole.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Unfortunately, I think William might be a little too hard to censor. Would be really fun to see him driving a car, but the giant wall of gore doesn't seem as easy to remove as a tiny bit of exposed muscle or near-hollow chest hole.
I know little about Resident Evil, but I think his pre-mutation form (which has been seen in games) would be a fair compromise.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Just did a bit of research - I think a few of his other, less-human-looking forms (in particular his 3rd form) would be fine - I'll see what cashregister thinks.
There is already a somewhat censored version of his G1 form in a Resident Evil Mobile game

If this is still to much I will change it to the G3 Version

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
There is already a somewhat censored version of his G1 form in a Resident Evil Mobile game

If this is still to much I will change it to the G3 Version

I do think the mobile version is still too much - moreso for the part-human appearance than the gore itself, so I'll go for his G3 version if that's OK with you.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Wesker

Ada

Luis
Jack Krauser

View attachment 370415

Chris Redfield The Rock Puncher

View attachment 370416

Ethan Winters

View attachment 370417
Seeing a serious lack of monsters

Iron Maiden

Nemesis

Hunter
Karl Heisenberg

Claire Redfield

Licker
Executioner

Nosferatu

The Dog
Truck Driver (RE2)

mmmmmm..... borger
William Birkin

Donna Beneviento

Rebecca Chambers

View attachment 370429
HUNK

View attachment 370440
Bitores Mendez
Oh hell naw Rasputin in DriDim

View attachment 370430
Tofu
  1. Tofu
  2. Bitores Mendez
  3. HUNK
  4. Rebecca Chambers
  5. Donna Beneviento
  6. William Birkin (G3)
  7. Truck Driver
  8. The Dog
  9. Nosferatu
  10. Executioner
  11. Licker
  12. Claire Redfield
  13. Karl Heisenberg
  14. Hunter
  15. Nemesis
  16. Iron Maiden
  17. Ethan Winters
  18. Chris Redfield
  19. Jack Krauser
  20. Luis
  21. Ada
  22. Wesker
  23. Jack Baker
  24. Ashley
  25. Mr. X
Please vote for your top 7
Normal Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Dog
Wesker
Iron Maiden
Hunk
Ada
Mr. X
Ashley

Track - Salazar Castle

Song - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJmTc7HzXo

Think the track would mostly take place on the exterior of the castle, particular in Mercanries Stage 2 or Chapter 3-1 Castle Wall area, sort of going back and forth and coninuing to be elevaded towards the castle. Would want a little section through the hall enterance and Lava Room were you find the lion ornament. Some creative liberties would obviously need to be taken to connect everything together in a fun kart racing track.

Cameos would depend on who becomes playable but can picture appearances by Ashley, Salazar, Luis, Ada, Verdugo (may need to be toned down), Saddler, and Krauser (dont remember if the last 2 made an appearance here in re4 but they are still memorable, major characters from the game who i think were probably at least hinted at by the time you completed this area).

Track - Spencer Mansion

Song - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Joe7ihAo8pI

Last edited:
Top Bottom