• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates - Cartoon Network: Fusion Arena

Roster Size

Votes: 1 5.9%

Votes: 3 17.6%

Votes: 9 52.9%

Votes: 2 11.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

Heya @Darkonedagger was my Cow and Chicken submission ineligible? Just noticed it wasn't on the list!

1. Ed, Edd N Eddy (although admittedly I wouldn't be against all three being solo characters now we have the triple character select)
2. Gumball (I feel he has enough to be solo at this point)
3. Samurai Jack (Solid pick, rightly deserves inclusion)
My bad!

Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Speed Weed Speed Weed osby osby Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Otoad64 Otoad64 AlteredBeast AlteredBeast OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos
UserKev UserKev

I forgot to include a submission. Feel free to update your votes if you want to.

Last edited by a moderator:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
1. Ben Tennyson. (This just feels like a very, very obvious choice in my eyes. High moveset potential, important CN series, lots of personal nostalgia? Perfect.)
2. Finn and Jake. (I just think they'd have such a fun moveset. Like, with both of their abilities? Perfect.)
3. Steven Universe. (I don't have as much of a connection with SU as some, but I do recognise it as an important inclusion here.)
4. Mordecai and Rigby. (The "two dude bros" idea as a whole just feels like a dumb but cool inclusion.)

D

Deleted member

Ed Edd n Eddy - 21
Craig - 2
Ben 10 - 14
Mung Dal - 5
Steven - 20
Samurai Jack - 25
Courage - 8
Mordecai & Rigby - 5
Wilt - 3
Finn & Jake - 27
Gumball and Darwin - 0
Gumball - 8
Cow and Chicken - 1 (I messed up there. My bad.)
please tell me if i've miscounted these
This means our winners are Finn & Jake & Samurai Jack! A newer character and a classic character. A PTE veteran and a newcomer!

The next job was gonna be stages for these franchises but I'm pushing those back a bit till we work something out.
How should stages work?
Should we pull a NASB and have a stage for every character? Just every seires? Any extra stages?

Submit a title
A game needs a name. Submit a name for this game. Get creative with it.

Speaking of stages, we should have some stages for represented series and some of them should've been unrepresented.

Title:
Cartoon Network: Punch-Time Explosion 2 - The Crossover Nexus Melee!

The name would be nod to Super Smash Bros. Melee - one of popular SSB titles and OK KO special episode - Crossover Nexus.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think Finn and Jake easily could've been their own fighters but eh, it is what it is. I just hope we don't end up with too many team fighters for the sake of it.

Stages:
I think having each series with a playable character getting at least one stage is enough. Some with more places to work with can get more stages later.

Also, it'd be a good idea to give some series with no playable characters some representation in the form of stages.

Title:
Punch Time Explosion is a bit mouthful so I'm going with "Fusion Arena".

Yes, it's a FusionFall reference because I'm still not over it.

D

Deleted member

You know what. I'll just open it now.

Submit a stage for Finn & Jake and/or Jack
Submit a stage for our two (kind of three but you get what I mean) new characters. Describe the layout and any features/hazards. You can do a stage for both or just one

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Stages:

Each character should get a stage. We should also give some stages with some competitive-viable layouts. Also, we should leave room open for extra stages for other CN franchises that don't get a character to represent the history of the network.

Title:

Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion: Rebooted!

Makes sense since the sequel is the reboot and back and better than ever.

I'll submit stages for Finn and Jake and Jack later probably.

Here's my stage submission:
Finn and Jake's Treehouse
1650640879212.png

It would be stage similar to Multiversus' Finn's and Jake's Stage, but it has additional Grass Ground part, where it is Walkoff part.
The Cameos are Ice King, Fiona and Cat, BMO, Princess Bubblegum, Lumpy Space Princess, Longcorn, Marcelina and Lemongrab.
Also, in Background, there are places like:
  • Candy Kingdom
  • Space Station from Distant Lands
  • Castle Lemongrab
  • Lumpy Space
  • Fire Kingdom
  • Ice Kingdom along with Mountain (With small part of Green Area behind resembling the first Place from Opening with Broken TV, Tree and Bombs)
  • Post-Apocalyptic City resembling San-Francisco (Referencing Mushroom War)
  • Badlands
  • Marcelina's Home along with Highway
  • Mars (In distant sky Background)
  • Cloud Kingdom (Based on Elemental Incarnation)
  • Islands (In far Background on Sea)
It also has hills and Forest in Background that they dont Obscure locations mentioned above.
(I have a question: Is it fine to keep background easter eggs or not?)

UserKev

Smash Champion
Stages: Every represented franchise should obviously have a stage. The most popular should definitely have a extra stage if not already in general.

Title: Cartoon Network Prime Melee.

Samurai Jack's stage should start before the events of the time shifts or whatever. Jack's home village/homeland. It could take place sitting peacefully on the city's tallest Chinese tower's many roofs for extra platforms in the mountains with a beautiful waterfall view just behind.

Finn and Jake's stage should obviously be the Treehouse.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I think character specific stages should be when appropriate, if that makes sense?

For an extreme example I'd be personally against giving Steven Universe, Pearl, Amythest and Garnet a stage each when they usually live under the same roof, whilst I'd be more okay with Finn and Jake, Ice King, Princess Bubblegum and Marceline getting seperate stages due to having vastly different local options and more importantly, different home stage aesthetics.

Not that I think Steven Universe doesn't have plenty of neat areas to use, but if we're doing character specific ones rather than series specific ones, in all honesty it's hard for me to not just think a general Beach City stage and the Crystal Temple stage pretty much covers all of their personal favourite locations. You've got a few other places, but those are the cores IMO.
I'd feel the same way about the Ed boys being seperate characters as most of the action in the series takes place in the same Cul de Sac,

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I don't have much to contribute to the stage convo, but I second every playable series having at least one stage and throwing in a few miscellaneous stages for franchises that can't make the cut. Maybe give an extra stage or two to some of the bigger series' with multiple iconic locations. I have a stage idea for Jack, and I may come up with something for Adventure Time later.

Jack Stage: The Rave

the rave.jpg

I’m aware that this is a less traditional stage for Jack, but personally I think we could stand to think outside the box and go for some of the not so obvious locations for variety’s sake. Samurai Jack has a lot of memorable episodes and action setpieces that would make for some really fun stages, and this was just one of the handful of options I was mulling over. As part of his latest scheme, Aku has taken to brainwashing the youths with his hypnotic AKUstic music, making them his obedient followers. After learning of an innkeeper's daughter who has become a slave to Aku's rhythm, Jack sets out to find the source of the music and destroy it once and for all. In his search, he stumbles across a rave and learns that the one behind the brainwashing beats is DJ Salvatore, one of Aku's minions.

The stage takes place on, well, the stage of the rave. There's two platforms hanging from wires, which will be raised up and dropped down at different parts of the stage throughout the match. In the foreground you can see the rave members dancing to the beat and swinging their glowsticks, and in the background are two loudspeakers and DJ Salvatore vibing in the background. Partway through the match, Salvatore will fuse together his musical equipment into a mech body and begin briefly destroying parts of the stage, causing lights and other electrical equipment to fall from the sky and damage the players.

D

Deleted member

Submissions are done!

It seems most folks aggre The Treehouse should be Finn and Jake's stage. Congrats to Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds

We'll be giving each seires a stage. But we'll leave room for some unrepped series and a couple double dips AT will likely be one of these!

Gonna throw in a Jack submission myself

The_Aku_City.jpg

Aku City
The main setting of the series. There would a building that acts as the base of the stage and then some billboards that can act as platforms. Futuristic cars fly by in the background and varus characters from the show make cameos. Eventually Aku himself will rise from the background and transport players to his realm.
Aku1.JPG
Here there will be some extra platforms but the bottom of the stage is filled with fire that can harm players.

Our other Jack submissions:
Stages: Every represented franchise should obviously have a stage. The most popular should definitely have a extra stage if not already in general.

Title: Cartoon Network Prime Melee.

Samurai Jack's stage should start before the events of the time shifts or whatever. Jack's home village/homeland. It could take place sitting peacefully on the city's tallest Chinese tower's many roofs for extra platforms in the mountains with a beautiful waterfall view just behind.

Finn and Jake's stage should obviously be the Treehouse.
I don't have much to contribute to the stage convo, but I second every playable series having at least one stage and throwing in a few miscellaneous stages for franchises that can't make the cut. Maybe give an extra stage or two to some of the bigger series' with multiple iconic locations. I have a stage idea for Jack, and I may come up with something for Adventure Time later.

Jack Stage: The Rave

View attachment 351000

I’m aware that this is a less traditional stage for Jack, but personally I think we could stand to think outside the box and go for some of the not so obvious locations for variety’s sake. Samurai Jack has a lot of memorable episodes and action setpieces that would make for some really fun stages, and this was just one of the handful of options I was mulling over. As part of his latest scheme, Aku has taken to brainwashing the youths with his hypnotic AKUstic music, making them his obedient followers. After learning of an innkeeper's daughter who has become a slave to Aku's rhythm, Jack sets out to find the source of the music and destroy it once and for all. In his search, he stumbles across a rave and learns that the one behind the brainwashing beats is DJ Salvatore, one of Aku's minions.

The stage takes place on, well, the stage of the rave. There's two platforms hanging from wires, which will be raised up and dropped down at different parts of the stage throughout the match. In the foreground you can see the rave members dancing to the beat and swinging their glowsticks, and in the background are two loudspeakers and DJ Salvatore vibing in the background. Partway through the match, Salvatore will fuse together his musical equipment into a mech body and begin briefly destroying parts of the stage, causing lights and other electrical equipment to fall from the sky and damage the players.
Vote here:

Title vote is still open

I need to do some stuff. Will try and have new jobs up soon.

D

Deleted member

Finn_and_Jake-0.png

Samurai_Jack.png

Submit a moveset for Finn & Jake and/or Jack !
Submit a moveset for our two new characters. We're using a smash like format so submit four specials and a final Smash (just call it an ultimate attack. we'll decide exactly how these are activated soon) . You can do a full moveset if you wish.

TreeHouseINT.png

Submit a tracklist for the Treehouse !
Trying out something that I don't normally do in my threads. Submit a tracklist for the treehouse. Since some shows may not have much music potential they'll have four songs each. If folks feel this number should be higher or lower then please tell me.

We'll do one of these for Jack's stage when it's picked. I'm also gonna drop some fun jobs tomorrow so those who aren't fans of Adventure Time or Samurai Jack can join in.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Jack already had a moveset in PTE so I think it makes sense to at least suggest it.

Samurai Jack Moveset

Jack's moveset mainly consists of attacks with his katana.

Neutral Special: Penta-Slice. Jack slices five times in front of him, dealing low damage with each cut. This move deals very little knockback until the last hit lands, which launches opponents further.
Side Special: Quick Draw. Jack dashes and slashes forward, cutting enemies in front of him, after which he sheaths his sword also creating a hitbox behind him.
Up Special: Good Jump. Jack spirals upward with his sword and slashes around him as he reaches the peak. Despite how the move appears, only the last attack hits more than once.
Down Special: Counter. Jack takes out his sword to block attacks. If he is attacked, he will strike back with a slice that deals fixed damage. Jack can also counter projectiles.
Ultimate Attack: Way of the Samurai. In the cutscene, Jack is seen with his hair open, dramatically billowing in the wind as he readies his sword. In gameplay, he dashes forward through targets, after which slash effects appear over opponents to hit multiple times. This move gives him a small damage boost and an aesthetic change in his hair for a while.

Finn & Jake Moveset

In battle, Jake mostly sits in Finn's backpack, helping him in battle with his powers while Finn does the most of the moving around. For certain actions, such as turning into a boat while swimming, he comes out. Usually, Finn delivers fast attacks like tilts while Jake attacks by transforming into weapons for stronger moves.

Neutral Special: Spiral Slice. Finn charges his sword, then spins around himself like a spinning top while cutting around himself. During this move, he can move left and right slightly.
Side Special: Stars of Frozen Rain. Finn swiftly hurls throwing stars made of ice. These deal little to no knockback but are very low committal due to their speed.
Up Special: Leggey Jake/Umbrella Jake. On the ground, Finn sits on Jake, who extends his legs quickly to gain height. In the air, Jake extends his ears instead, ascending for a while, then gliding.
Down Special: Ear Shield. Jake uses his ears to shield Finn from harm. This move reduces the knockback and damage of most attacks but it leaves the dup vulnerable to grabs. It also reflects projectiles but only the physical ones.
Ultimate Attack: Jake Suit. In the cutscene, Jake gets out of Finn's backpack and after they fist bump, Jake covers Finn in a suit made of... himself! In gameplay, their combined form is a temporary form that is fast, strong, doesn't flinch, and has a large attack range with his extended fists.

D

Deleted member

osby osby 's movesets and cashregister9 cashregister9 's tracklist win!

As you can see. We have a title! I added the Cartoon Network part but I'm very haply with this name. Congrats to Osby once again.

We currently have a tie for our Samurai Jack stage. Could someone please vote to break it.

Submit items!
We're gonna have items! Submit some! These can be from any game!

Submit an assist trophy style item!
YoshiandToad's gameplay pitch mentioned asssit trophies so we're gonna do those. I'm not looking for the assist characters themselves right now that's next round but rather the form the item takes.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Item: Beauteous Wings (Adventure Time)

1650862182633.png

This is a magic spell Finn and Jake learned when learning to be wizards. In the game, it appears as a pair of golden wings. When picked up, the character using it will temporarily be able to jump in the air up to five times, with increased jump height and reduced gravity.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Assist Item: Lion (Steven Universe)

Lion.png

With an almighty roar, Lion will rip through both space and time creating a portal and arrive on whatever battlefield the fight is taking place on. That said he'll quickly lose interest in helping any single side.

Whoever gets to Lion first will be able to pull an assist from his interdimensional mane.

That's right, for those unaware, his mane acts like a portal to various other worlds and locations. Here's a meme example of what that MIGHT look like:

Rolf-Summon-example.png

Item: Plank (Ed Edd n Eddy)

Plank.png

To be brutally honest Plank could equally make for a great lethal joke character, but this plucky/sinister 2x4 sure is good for landing some solid hits on an opponent with. I'd imagine if you charge it we could take advantage of Plank's status as the unbeatable champion of the Cul de Sac and have him home run opponents too.

D

Deleted member

Assist item

POW Cards (O.K. KO)

This would be a card that spawns and picking it up summons an assist
Item: Beauteous Wings (Adventure Time)

View attachment 351174

This is a magic spell Finn and Jake learned when learning to be wizards. In the game, it appears as a pair of golden wings. When picked up, the character using it will temporarily be able to jump in the air up to five times, with increased jump height and reduced gravity.
Assist Item: Lion (Steven Universe)

View attachment 351176
With an almighty roar, Lion will rip through both space and time creating a portal and arrive on whatever battlefield the fight is taking place on. That said he'll quickly lose interest in helping any single side.

Whoever gets to Lion first will be able to pull an assist from his interdimensional mane.

That's right, for those unaware, his mane acts like a portal to various other worlds and locations. Here's a meme example of what that MIGHT look like:

View attachment 351178

Item: Plank (Ed Edd n Eddy)

View attachment 351179

To be brutally honest Plank could equally make for a great lethal joke character, but this plucky/sinister 2x4 sure is good for landing some solid hits on an opponent with. I'd imagine if you charge it we could take advantage of Plank's status as the unbeatable champion of the Cul de Sac and have him home run opponents too.
Assist Item Idea:

Cartoon Network Cube

View attachment 351184

Basically one of these cubes appear but it's one cube that has the letters C and N on it summoning an assist when a fighter picks it up.
Plank and the Beauteous Wings get in as items! Congrats to osby osby and YoshiandToad YoshiandToad !

We'll hold a vote for the assist item!

Now. I was gonna do a submit an assist round but that should wait till we choose our item.
Instead I'm gonna do something I was saving for the next round.

ocdtw2twph081.jpg

Submit a PTE veteran
Yeah! PTE did have a pretty good roster for the most part. Submit a character from there you'd want to come back. We'll be adding two of these. Remember Jack is already in and while I'm not gonna stop you from submitting Aku or the Scotsman, I'd like to get some different seires in. Also I'd prefer if we didn't go for Captain Planet right now since I wanna get some CN originals in and we will likely do a job for a surprise character like that down the line.

My submission:

Johnny Bravo

Woah momma. This un lucky in love pretty boy was a really fun addition to PTE.

D

Deleted member

We have a tie for our asssit item! To break it I will remove my own votes. Thus the POW Cards wins
My submission:

Johnny Bravo

Woah momma. This un lucky in love pretty boy was a really fun addition to PTE.
I will submit Monkey

I want the PPGs to be a team TBH
I'm Submitting Grim
Gonna go with Chowdah. There’s definitely more important veterans who are more worth getting out of the way, but also I don’t care because I love this little bear cat rabbit thing and think that he’s funny : )

View attachment 351260
Flapjack (The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack)

View attachment 351297

Flapjack is simply one of my favorite Cartoon Network series and this little goofball is great so we have to put him in. Because pirates are cool.
I'm submitting Bloo, stand alone.
In text form:
Johnny Bravo - me
Monkey - Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Grim - cashregister9 cashregister9
Dexter - YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
Ben 10 - Otoad64 Otoad64
Chowder - OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos
Flapjack- osby osby
Bloo - UserKev UserKev
Vote for your top three. Your own can't be in first

1. Dexter
2. Ben
3. Johnny

Submit a tracklist for the Rave
Same as the last time we did this. Four Tracks.

0aed9eee617919d8f95bb7b39c4f7622.jpg

Submit POW Card characters from Adventure Time and Samurai Jack

These shows both have wonderful casts of characters to pull from so it only makes sense to give them assist characters. You can submit one for each if you wish. Submit the character and explain what they would do.

Top Bottom