• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: A “Fourth Parties” Fighter’s Pass

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Here are the results of the Job #20 voting:
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 10
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear 7
cashregister9 cashregister9 6
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 1
AlRex AlRex 8
@Darkonedagger 11

And so the list of @Darkonedagger is gonna be used! Now onto the next job, which is actually gonna be the final one of Batman’s challenger pack:

Job #21: Submit A Classic Mode For Batman
Please submit a classic mode route for Batman. Please submit each battle, the boss and explain the theme of the route.

D

Deleted member

Classic Mode:
Here Come the Villains:
Each fight is based on a different Batman villian.

1. Vs. Zero Suit Samus. (Stage: Fourside. Representing Catwoman.)
2. Vs Dededee (Stage: New Donk City. Representing Penguin.)
3. Vs Green Dr. Mario (Stage: Warioware Inc. Representing Riddler.)
4. Vs Ice Climber (Stage: Summit. Representing Mr. Freeze)
5. Vs Black Incinroar (Stage: Boxing Ring. Representing Bane)
6. Vs Purple Joker and Red Bayonetta (Stage: Joker's Asylum. Representing Joker and Harley)
7. Bonus Game
8. Boss: Master Hand and Crazy Hand
End Credits Music: Batman (1966) Theme

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Here Come The Villains will be Batman’s clsssic mode. Now onto the next job:

Job #22: Submit A Moveset For Batman
Please submit what you think should be the moveset for Batman. All you need to submit are the specials but if you want you can do more.

D

Deleted member

• Neutral Special - Batarang: Batman throws his iconic weapon. Up to three can be thrown.
  • Side Special - Batclaw: A tool used throughout the Arkham series. Batman will shoot this out to grab opponents and stun them.
  • Up Special - Grappling Hook: Batman shoots his grapping hook to latch onto something. It can be aimed.
  • Down Special - Smoke Bomb: Batman throws down a smoke bomb, temporarily hiding himself from opponents.
  • Final Smash - Batmobile: Batman attacks the opponent in a flurry of punches, before proceeding to jump into the Batmobile to finish them off. The Batmobile will actually look different depending on the skin in play.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
The moveset of @Darkonedagger will be used. Now onto the next job:

Job #23: Submit A Character For The Fourth Challenger Pack
Submit a character you think should be in the fourth challenger pack. Please submit the character, explain who they are, and why they should be in Smash Ultimate.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Resubmitting Ronald McDonald.
Ronald McDonald is lovin' it!

The Hamburger Happy Clown himself has already made a name for himself in fighting games thanks to customisable games like MUGEN, however this capitalist clown will be fighting with his canonical abilities in Smash as opposed to YTP memes or restaurant items. The McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure Mega Drive game, a hidden gem among classic Sega fans, will likely be the main inspiration for his moveset, but we can also slide in references to classic McDonaldLand ads and other Micky D's mascots like Mac Tonight and Happy Box.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Obligatory Goku submission again:
I’m gonna just do the obligatory goku submission lol. It’s a bit obvious why he would be picked so I don’t think I really need to explain it but pretty much he has a really long history with videogames, has interesting moveset potential and is probably the most requested non videogame character for smash.

D

Deleted member

We all know this is what this thread was heading towards

Shrek

A character with a large Internet following, some may argue that that era has passed, but even outside of the memes he's a popular character with a lot of video game appearances.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 23

LEGO Darth Vader

Darth Vader | Characters | Star Wars Figures | Official LEGO® Shop US

I'm stealing a bit of this idea from nirvanafan nirvanafan because I thought the idea was fun.

Darth Vader, THE most iconic villain combined with LEGO One of the most iconic toy brands that is responsible for some of the most unexpectedly interesting games. LEGO Darth Vader would not only use LEGO abilities but also many things that Vader has used in the past.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Slight Context: In Japan 4 is an unlucky number because it sounds like Death. So I tried making Challenger 4 an unlucky sight and related to Death. That's how I got...

Challenger 4: Jason Voorhees
1637952240785.png

Jason Voorhees is the serial killer of Camp Crystal Lake, known for being basically unkillable and being the face of movie slashers. Jason is both an icon of horror and just in general an icon that made many inspirations and is why a lot of generic killers in media wear hockey masks.

Why should he be considered? Well, he has ties to video games from having the most popular asymmetrical multiplayer horror game and lead to the genre being decently popular leading to multiple games of the same nature to come (like DBD, VHS, Last Year, etc.), so while his game life-span is short it's still important to a new genre. Also, Smash is definitely lacking in horror representation so adding Jason would definitely be a great surprise to alleviate this. Lastly, he's be such a unique addition to the roster as both a horror rep and terrifying monster.

As for moves, Jason wields a variety of weapons like the Machete, Pitchfork, Spear Gun, Axe, Bear Trap, if you can think of a weapon he probably used it. Plus he has superhuman strength, Speed, Stealth, Intelligence, and might even be able to teleport. But isn't he too brutal? Maybe, but the smash characters have survived way worse plus Sephiroth is in the game.

Tl;dr because I don't know how to finish this: Jason is an icon, has had a great effect on gaming, and would be an extremely unique character plus he fits the Japanese superstition of 4 so having him be the 4th Challenger would be really fitting. Also he has moveset potential, and all claims that he's too violent are deflected because Sephiroth.

Baysha

Smash Ace
Scott Pilgrim

Scott Pilgrim from the comic series, movie, and video game, is a slacker that seeks the affections of Ramona Flowers. However, to do that, he must defeat her 7 evil exes.

The Scott Pilgrim video game is an iconic beat-em-up that was unavailable but widely sought after for a long time. And also, I just think he's neat.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #23: E.T. (E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial)
F771A7AF-E20A-4DD4-A251-7B7FC8EF8E72.png
OK… please here me out on this… Just hear me out… please

Smash has had a lot of different gaming icons over the years. Sadly, Smash never really had a character to rep the early days of gaming, Atari. Atari were once the kings of the gaming world, the Nintendo of that era. Atari were the ones that started the trend of the home console boom, still seen to this day. The Atari 6000 is seen by many to be the mother of all the other gaming consoles. It’s weird that Atari never really had a true character rep for Smash.

Sadly, all good things will come to an end one day, Atari’s day was back around the end of 1982, which came to be known as “the video game crash of 1983”. The market was over saturated with too many people wanting to get that Atari money. Just like every market crash, people look for someone or something to blame. The blame for many were two certain games, Atari’s Pac-Man and E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial was the game that was blamed the most. It wasn’t until Nintendo came along that the dreaded crash finally ended and the future of gaming was saved.

There are two main reasons why I think E.T. should be in Smash. The thought that the character from one of the most hated games of all time, somehow got into Smash. Plus, the importance of what E.T. could represent, the old days of Atari and one of the darkest moments in the early days of gaming.

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial is a Sci-Fi movie directed by Steven Spielberg and written by Melissa Mathison. The movie follows a lonely boy named Elliot and stranded extra terrestrial. Throughout the movie, Elliot and this E.T., form a bond of friendship and help each other. Elliot helps E.T. get back home to his family and does his best to protect him from the U.S. Government.

E.T. could have a very fun and unique moveset. If characters like Isabelle and Piranha Plant can get a moveset, why not E.T.. His moveset could involve the movie, classic Atari 6000 game, and other outside media involving him. E.T. could use his long neck to whack opponents (similar to something like Catdog from NASB). E.T. could summon Elliot to drive around the stage. E.T. could levitate generated toys at opponents. Maybe even the US Army could help E.T. out (similar to Wild Gunman in Duck Hunt’s moveset). E.T.’s final smash could have E.T. sending fighters down a big hole.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Smash Bros is a party game, and Michelangelo is a party dude.

The Ninja Turtles have had dozens of major videogames, with four games on the original Nintendo alone.
As for why Mikey instead of the others? Well, when you think Ninja Turtles, several things come to mind, skateboards, pizza, cowabunga, all thing that fit Michelangelo better than his brothers. He's the most Teenager out of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Plus he has a weapon unlike anything else in smash Bros so far.

mike.png

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Job #23: E.T. (E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial)
OK… please here me out on this… Just hear me out… please

Smash has had a lot of different gaming icons over the years. Sadly, Smash never really had a character to rep the early days of gaming, Atari. Atari were once the kings of the gaming world, the Nintendo of that era. Atari were the ones that started the trend of the home console boom, still seen to this day. The Atari 6000 is seen by many to be the mother of all the other gaming consoles. It’s weird that Atari never really had a true character rep for Smash.

Sadly, all good things will come to an end one day, Atari’s day was back around the end of 1982, which came to be known as “the video game crash of 1983”. The market was over saturated with too many people wanting to get that Atari money. Just like every market crash, people look for someone or something to blame. The blame for many were two certain games, Atari’s Pac-Man and E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial was the game that was blamed the most. It wasn’t until Nintendo came along that the dreaded crash finally ended and the future of gaming was saved.

There are two main reasons why I think E.T. should be in Smash. The thought that the character from one of the most hated games of all time, somehow got into Smash. Plus, the importance of what E.T. could represent, the old days of Atari and one of the darkest moments in the early days of gaming.

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial is a Sci-Fi movie directed by Steven Spielberg and written by Melissa Mathison. The movie follows a lonely boy named Elliot and stranded extra terrestrial. Throughout the movie, Elliot and this E.T., form a bond of friendship and help each other. Elliot helps E.T. get back home to his family and does his best to protect him from the U.S. Government.

E.T. could have a very fun and unique moveset. If characters like Isabelle and Piranha Plant can get a moveset, why not E.T.. His moveset could involve the movie, classic Atari 6000 game, and other outside media involving him. E.T. could use his long neck to whack opponents (similar to something like Catdog from NASB). E.T. could summon Elliot to drive around the stage. E.T. could levitate generated toys at opponents. Maybe even the US Army could help E.T. out (similar to Wild Gunman in Duck Hunt’s moveset). E.T.’s final smash could have E.T. sending fighters down a big hole.
Correction: Atari 2600
You darn Poop Head

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
D

Deleted member

1. Goku
2. Shrek
3. Lego Vader

We kind of need to add Goku at some point so we should probably just get it out of the way.

AlRex

Smash Lord
1. StrongBad
2. Ronald McDonald
3. Michelangelo

Scott Pilgrim narrowly missed it for me, but I saw more unique moveset potential in these other ones.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Here are the results of the Job #23 voting:
Ronald McDonald 5
Goku 13
Shrek 6
LEGO Darth Vader 11
Jason Voorhees 7
Strong Bad 5
Scott Pilgrim 6
E.T. 2
Michelangelo 3

And so Goku will be our fourth pack! Now onto the next job:

Job #24: Submit A Stage For Goku
Please submit a stage idea for Goku. Please submit a location and a layout for the stage.

D

Deleted member

World Martial Arts Tournament

The tournament arena seen in Dragon Ball. Would be sort of similar to the King of Fighters arena. Various characters from both original Drgaon Ball and Z make cameos.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
World Martial Arts Tournament will be Goku's stage. Now onto the next job:

Job #25: Submit A Music List For Goku
Please submit a list of music for Goku. Please submit the list. There's a limit of 35 tracks.

Top Bottom