• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: A “Fourth Parties” Fighter’s Pass

D

Deleted member

Darkwing Duck (Brawler)
Don Karnage (Swordfighter)
Goliath (Gargoyles) (Brawler)
Kim Possible (Gunner)
Perry the Platapus (Brawler)
Grunkle Stan (Swordfighter. Uses his cane)

Went for Disney TV themed show characters because I figure we'll get the chance to do movie characters if Mickey or such get in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Powerline Costume (A Goofy Movie - Brawler)
  2. Buzz Lightyear costume (Toy Story - Brawler)
  3. Woody costume (Toy Story - Brawler)
  4. Carl Fredrikson costume (Up - Swordfighter, uses tennis ball walking stick)
  5. Remy Hat (Ratatouille - animates Remy stirring your Mii's hair)
  6. Kermit the Frog costume (The Muppets - Brawler, full mask)

Decided to avoid characters we may want to add later like Elsa, Vader, Homer, Spider-Man, Stitch, Ralph, e.t.c.

Most of it is Pixar, that's my favourite Disney sub-brand and since most of their stories have more emotional stakes than life-or-death I doubt they'll get a rep.

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Sorry but if you think so you could have just submitted a spirit board without them. The submissions both had baloo so we’re voting for them now.
I couldn't because we were already at the voting process when I got here yesterday. I missed my chance.

Okay, are we doing Mii Costumes? Okay.
1. Mickey Mouse (Brawler)
2. Donald Duck (Brawler)
3. Goofy (Brawler)
4. Sora (Swordfighter) - Yes, he's already in the game but we have Chrom and K. Rool Mii costumes and a few costumes of veterans.
5. Buzz Lightyear (Gunner, uses his wrist laser)
6. Cinderella (Brawler)

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
1. Gizmo Duck (Gunner)
2. Darkwing Duck (Brawler)
3. Stitch w/ bodysuit (Lilo & Stitch) (Gunner)
4. Swampy (Where's My Water?) (Swordfighter) (Uses the bath brush as a sword)
5. Flippy Doggenbottom (ToonTown Online) (Brawler)
6. Shovel Knight (Swordfighter)

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Scrooge's Classic Mode: Treasure of the Golden Suns
The first five rounds are based on the five episodes making up the original DuckTales pilot.
  1. Vs three small Scrooges (based on Huey, Dewey, and Louie) at the Money Bin Offices. (Music: DuckTales Theme (1987))
  2. Vs green Wario (Glomgold) and Snake (El Capitan) at Pirate Ship. (Music: Light Action Chase)
  3. Vs a Link team (Mountain People) with black Scrooge (Donald) as an ally at Omega Find Mii. (Music: Mu)
  4. Vs King Dedede team (Penguin people) with pink Scrooge (Webby) as an ally at Summit. (Music: Soaring)
  5. Vs Snake (El Capitan) at Omega Great Cave Offensive. (Music: African Mine)
  6. Vs Mii team, all wearing suits (representing salesmen) at Money Bin Offices (Music: Money Bin)
  7. Bonus Game
  8. Boss: Master Hand and Crazy Hand at Omega Money Bin Offices. (Music: DuckTales Theme (1987) (Instrumental))
  9. Credits Theme: DuckTales Theme (Remix)

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
The route of Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear will be used meaning that’s the end of scrooge mcduck’s fighters pass! Now we’ll move onto the next job:

Job #15: Submit A Character For Challenger Pack 3
Submit what character you think should be challenger pack 3. Please submit the character, explain who they are and a bit about how they would fight, and why they should be in Smash Ultimate. Remember they have to have originated from a source that isn’t videogames but they also have to have a connection to videogames.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Cinder Fall from RWBY. no time for explaining a wall of text.
I'm not intending to make fun of your submission but why Cinder over Ruby?

My submission:

Batman

One of the most iconic superheroes of all time. Batman is one of the biggest media franchises on the planet with multiple films, television series and most importantly to this project, video games, including the acclaimed Arkham series. I think that Batman could pull mainly from these games, but with other references thrown in. He has a lot of moveset potential and you could have the various appearances he's had over the years as skins.

Yes I'm aware Batman is in the semeingly upcoming multiversus but considering that game is roumored to have a more simple gameplay style, I don't think it would hurt to include such an iconic character in here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ronald McDonald is lovin' it!

The Hamburger Happy Clown himself has already made a name for himself in fighting games thanks to customisable games like MUGEN, however this capitalist clown will be fighting with his canonical abilities in Smash as opposed to YTP memes or restaurant items. The McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure Mega Drive game, a hidden gem among classic Sega fans, will likely be the main inspiration for his moveset, but we can also slide in references to classic McDonaldLand ads and other Micky D's mascots like Mac Tonight and Happy Box.

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Homer Simpson
1636489520149.png

Homer is one of the most iconic animated characters ever, and he has no shortage of material to work with. If you really wanna make sure he's drawing inspiration from games, he has stuff like The Simpsons Hit & Run, The Simpsons Game, and maybe even The Simpsons Wrestling to go by.

and this is my chance to add a bob's burgers mii costume so let me have this

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I asked this earlier but it wasn't answered (at least to my knowledge) so I'll ask it again, are real people eligible for voting? (mainly looking at Tony Hawk, notable for the Pro Skater series and being the big boom for the sports game series, but there could be others like maybe Shaq from the critically acclaimed Shaq Fu series)

Yugi Muto/Yami Yugi
1636494152805.png 1636494346022.png
Yugi are the faces of the popular Yu-Gi-Oh! series, Yugi is the King of Games being nearly perfect at whatever he's playing and Yami is a spirit that lives in the Millennium Puzzle that is just Yugi but cooler (not really but I'm just shortening it, you just need to know Yami is living inside Yugi, they swap control from time to time, and they are great at Duel Monsters).

Reasons to consider adding the two is that Yu-Gi-Oh! is a popular series all around, Yugi specifically has many of the most popular duel monsters in his deck (Kuriboh, Dark Magician, and Dark Magician Girl), having the King of Games in the biggest crossover game sounds legendary, and they could be a very unique fighter with trunk loads of moveset potential. Speaking of moveset potential, the only weakness is that maybe his moveset could be complicated but it could be simplified like Jump Force to where Yugi just uses Duel Monsters because why not.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Resubmitting Popeye!
Popeye
View attachment 336196
It should be well-known by now that Donkey Kong, Mario, and Pauline were originally going to be Bluto, Popeye, and Olive Oyl, and Nintendo had experience in licensing the famous sailor before and after, including creating an arcade game after Donkey Kong's success. Popeye's main abilities can pretty much be described as "brawler who can sometimes warp reality with his punches", giving him numerous avenues to base off his nearly 100 year history of comic strips, cartoons, or even the video games or other media appearances, and can allow for a bit of creativity given the wide pool being a "toonforce" character could give you. He can also do things with his pipe like shooting jets of smoke or fire out with varying applications, or even throw anchors and anchors on chains, as well as his signature "twisker sock" twisting punch. Of course, his spinach power-up could also be utilized in a few different ways, ranging from a Final Smash attack to a metered use of spinach to power-up when the match isn't going his way. Overall, a lot you could do with him, and he has direct history with Nintendo.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the options for Job #15. Please vote for your top three most wanted in order. Your own submission can only be in second or third place.
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 Cinder Fall
@Darkonedagger Batman
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Ronald McDonald
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Homer Simpson
Kamen Minecraft Kamen Minecraft Superman
cashregister9 cashregister9 Darth Vader
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton Yugi Moto/Yami Yugi
nirvanafan nirvanafan Lego Jedi
AlRex AlRex Popeye

My votes:
1. Lego Jedi
2. Batman
3. Homer
(Honorable mention goes to superman. He’s my favorite DC superhero but I just think batman would be better for something like this because of the arkham games.)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #15 voting:
Cinder Fall 0
Batman 16
Ronald McDonald 6
Homer Simpson 8
Superman 6
Darth Vader 8
Yugi Moto/Yami Yugi 3
Lego Jedi 15
Popeye 10

And so Batman will be the character for our third challenger pack! Now onto the next job:

Job #16: Submit A Stage For Batman
Submit what you think should be Batman’s stage. Please submit a location and layout.

Job 16:
Gotham City

The Iconic stage takes place at Gotham City, main setting from Batman Series.
The layout is similar to Fourside, but Bigger.
The Camoes are Joker, Harley Quinn, Robin and other Teen Titans, but in GO! Incarnation.
The Design of Gotham City is based on Newer Batman design.

I nominate the Gotham City, because it could fit Batman easily and its a Iconic Location from Series.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #16: Arkham Joker’s Asylum
38A2C6B1-20EA-431C-AA37-566EF8F8C71B.jpeg

This stage is based off the Arkham Asylum from the Batman Arkham series. Arkham Asylum is known for it’s many mysteries and dark past in the Arkham series. Platforms travel around different areas of the Asylum, similar to stages like the Garreg Mach Monastery. Thunder will light up the screen, so you won’t know where the platforms take you. You will see many faces and hazards. Below are five of the areas you will be fighting on, including cameos/hazards.

Electric Cell Block
2852C237-2822-4C64-A1EA-F3934A9545A7.jpeg

The layout has Batman in an electric floor cell block, controlled by Harley Quinn. The two floors in the background will be moved closer, allowing you to be on three different floors/platforms in total. Harley Quinn will be acting as the stage hazard, randomly electrifying one of the three flours. Anyone that touches them will be launched into the air.

Scarecrow’s Nightmare Realm
10949A51-D260-484E-A79F-2E5B501DBBC7.jpeg

The layout is a mix of old broken walls and floors from the asylum. The above photo is exactly how the stage would look. Scarecrow looks below and watches you fight in his nightmare realm. Scarecrow would be the stage hazard, occasionally slamming his hands on the stage, launching any fighters underneath him.

Killer Croc’s Lair
D87D42E2-4020-4EE1-A776-BD68D8BF3819.jpeg

The layout has you on flat wooden platforms in the middle of Killer Croc’s sewer cage. The hazard is Killer Croc himself. Occasionally, Killer Croc will begin to destroy the wooden platforms under water with his claw, acting as a stage hazard. Anyone that is on the platform when it’s destroyed will be knocked up into the air.

Botanical Gardens
76F28427-5F0D-49B3-97BE-3F31377CB1A1.jpeg

The layout has you in a field in the Botanical Gardens at Arkham Asylum. The hazard is Poison Ivy and army of plants. Ivy will be watching you, in her huge flower. Occasionally, Ivy will raise up sharp vines to block certain areas of the stage. Anyone that touches them will be dragged in and begin to take a lot of damage, before being launched back out.

Penitentiary
D58C16F2-C87E-4AF5-8968-5258F0E71230.jpeg

The layout has you in a Joker-fied Penitentiary Stadium. Joker can be seen in his Titan form, standing over the stadium. Other cameos includes a tied up Commissioner Gordon, random Joker thugs, and Gotham News Helicopters flying over to record the fight. For the hazard, the walls will occasionally be electrified.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I will submit Gotham City Bridge

You play on the bridge where batman fights firefly in Arkham Origins with a view of the city in the background. The layout is pretty simple, there’s a flat area that’s the road that you play on and can jump up to another big platform above the arch. Some of these villains can make cameos in the back, using their arkham games design:
  • Joker
  • Harley Quinn
  • Scarecrow
  • Bane
  • Penguin
  • Mr Freeze
  • Solomon Grundy
  • Two Face
  • Black Mask
  • Catwoman
  • Deathstroke
  • Firefly
  • Electrocutioner

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
I will submit Gotham City Bridge

You play on the bridge where batman fights firefly in Arkham Origins with a view of the city in the background. The layout is pretty simple, there’s a flat area that’s the road that you play on and can jump up to another big platform above the arch. Some of these villains can make cameos in the back, using their arkham games design:
  • Joker
  • Harley Quinn
  • Scarecrow
  • Bane
  • Penguin
  • Mr Freeze
  • Solomon Grundy
  • Two Face
  • Black Mask
  • Catwoman
  • Deathstroke
  • Firefly
  • Electrocutioner
I like this but I think Robin, Nightwing, Red Hood, and Batgirl should also be cameos.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I like this but I think Robin, Nightwing, Red Hood, and Batgirl should also be cameos.
Sure, it would probably be on the platform above all the villains then.

Anyways here are all the options for Job #16. Please vote for your top two most wanted in order. Your own submission can only be in second place.
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 Arkham Asylum
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Gotham City
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Joker’s Asylum
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Gotham City Bridge

My votes:
1. Joker Asylum
2. Gotham City Brudge

Top Bottom