• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: A “Fourth Parties” Fighter’s Pass

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #2 voting:
The Bunker
The Dam 19
Volcano Lair 23
Skyfall Lodge 1
Cable Car 2

And so Volcano Lair will be our stage! Now onto the next job:

Job #3: Submit A List of Music For James Bond
Submit what you think should be the list of music for James Bond’s challenger pack. They can be from movies, games and more. There’s a limit of 35 music tracks. You can say which ones will be new remixes if you want.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay so the music list of cashregister9 cashregister9 will be used by default. I was gonna submit my own but I really like his, and if I made my own it would probably have mostly the same tracks anyway.
also it’s only the third job and we already have billie ellish mentioned in smash, this thread is gonna get crazy

Well, here’s Job #4:
Job #4: Submit A List of Alternate Colours/Costumes For James Bond
Submit a list of alternate colours/costumes for James Bond. Please submit each colour and explain what it’s a reference to.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
All alts have a standard black suit on unless specified.

1- Pierce Brosnan (The actor who played bond in goldeneye)

2 - Sean Connery bond (One of the longest running and most famous bonds)

3 - Daniel Craig bond (The current bond)

4 - Roger Moore (Another famous bond actor)

5 - low poly Brosnan (Reference to his appearance in goldeneye for the n64)

6 - Sean Connery with a gold suit (Reference to goldfinger)

7 - Daniel Craig with a white and black suit (A suit he appeared in)

8 - Roger Moore with no jacket (A style he appeared in)

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submission. All of his alts are references to other characters from GoldenEye 007 on N64 and Sean Connery

1. Default: Pierce Brosnan, suit
2. Sean Connery, also with a suit
3. Pierce Brosnan, yellow jump suit (reference to moonraker elite)
4. Sean Connery, dark blue jump suit (reference to helicopter pilot)
5. Pierce Brosnan, light blue suit (reference to Natalya)
6. Sean Connery, white suit (reference to Jaws)
7. Pierce Brosnan, arctic suit (reference to arctic commandos and a bit of an homage to snakes alts)
8. Sean Connery, brown suit (reference to boris)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
We will use the list of cashregister9 cashregister9
Now onto the next job:

Job #5: Submit A Moveset For James Bond
Submit what you think should be James Bond’s moveset. The four specials, gimmick if there is any, and final smash are the minimum for things you have to submit but I suggest you submit at least a bit more, including some notable other attacks. Please submit each attack and explain how it would work. They can be original or references to things like movies or games but I would like at least one move to be a reference to video games.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I did a quick, non-extensive Google search and found this one I like. It does use guns but that seems not to be an issue with current day Smash, regardless of magical BB guns or foot-weaponry.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright so we'll just use the moveset Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario submitted.

Job #6: Submit A List of Spirits For James Bond
Submit what you think should be the list of spirits for James Bond. Please submit each spirit and their battles. You don't need to submit every part of the battle but you do need to submit which character you will fight and on which stage. There's a limit of 15 spirits not including fighter spirits

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submission. It uses the year each bond's actor debuted in because I feel like it would be weird to directly name the actors. Most of them are characters who were in goldeneye 64.
See the source image
James Bond (1999)
- Fighter Spirit
See the source image
James Bond (1962)
- Fighter Spirit
See the source image
James Bond (2006)
- Fighter Spirit
See the source image
James Bond (1979)
- Fighter Spirit
See the source image
Q
  • Fighter: Dr. Mario
  • Stage: Mario Bros.
  • A lot of different items appear in large quantities
See the source image
M
  • Fighter: James Bond (2006), Three Snake's
  • Stage: Kalos Pokemon League
  • Defeat the main enemy to win
See the source image
Natalya Simonova
  • Fighter: Zero Suit Samus
  • Stage: Volcano Lair
  • The fighter prefers using her neutral special
See the source image
Alec Treylevan
  • Fighter: James Bond (1979)
  • Stage: Spiral Tower
One of my Favorite Bond Girls - Xenia Onatopp: JamesBond
Xenia Onatopp
  • Fighter: Bayonetta (2 design)
  • The enemy tends to use grabs (if smash can get away with paz's spirit they can get away with this)
Focus of the Week: Valentin Zukovsky | James Bond 007
Valentin Zukovsky
  • Fighter: Wario (Land design)
  • Stage: New Pork City
  • The enemy starts the battle with a ray gun
Jaws (James Bond) - Wikipedia
Jaws
  • Fighter: Wario
  • Stage: Mario Galaxy
  • The enemy is metal
  • The enemy prefers using his neutral special
Focus Of The Week: May Day | James Bond 007
Mayday
  • Fighter: Bayonetta (Red alt)
  • The enemy prefers to use her neutral special
Oddjob - Wikipedia
Oddjob
  • Fighter: Mii Gunner (Short, and with a top hat)
See the source image
Baron Samedi
  • Fighter: Robin (White alt)
  • The enemy tends to use his side special

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Sorry for the wait, my submission will be used and here’s the next job:

Job #6: Submit A List of Mii Costumes For James Bond
Submit what you think should be the list of mii costumes for James Bond. All of them have to be from non-videogame series and I’d reccomend having them be related to bond. There is a limit of 6 mii costumes. Also please say if the costume is specially for brawlers, swordfighters or gunners.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Emilio Largo costume (Gunner)
  2. Rosa Klebb costume (Gunner, has shoe blades)
  3. Sylvia Trench cosume (Brawler)
  4. James Bond Jr. costume (Brawler)
  5. DK Mode (Hat, makes your Mii's head large. No arm extension.)
I just looked through the James Bond wiki, chose characters with distinctive costumes, then added a super obscure character and throwback reference.

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
It's kinda awkward when you really wanted James Bond to get in, but once he made it you remember that you know nothing about the franchise so you just have to watch all the submissions go by without being able to help any...

Oh well...maybe I'll actually know something about our next character.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Oddjob - Brawler
Ethan Hunt - Gunner
Austin Powers - Gunner
Mr. Bean - Brawler
10th Doctor - All
13th Doctor- All

A mix of spy characters and also British.
I like how you made me look up "mr bean video game"

Anyways, my submission:
1. Oddjob, Gunner (As a fun bonus, this mii costume automatically makes your mii smaller, to the point that if someone of average height shoots a ray gun at you it will miss because you'll be too tall. This is a reference to goldeneye 64 where oddjob was smaller than everyone else which made it so that he was basically an easy mode in multiplayer because guns would often miss him
2. Golden Gun, Gunner (A white suit that also gives the user a golden gun)
3. Helicopter Pack (My dad has a poster of from russia with love and there's what looks like a helicopter backpack thing in it and it looks cool so i wanna use that for a mii costume. It works for any type of mii fighter.)
4. Polygonal Tuxedo (We already have a polygonal alt for james bond so this'll just be a tuxedo)

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Not sure what mii type would fit best but here are my ideas

Jaws
Auric Goldfinger
Baron Samedi
May Day
Dr. Julius No
Miss Moneypenny

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I like how you made me look up "mr bean video game"

Anyways, my submission:
1. Oddjob, Gunner (As a fun bonus, this mii costume automatically makes your mii smaller, to the point that if someone of average height shoots a ray gun at you it will miss because you'll be too tall. This is a reference to goldeneye 64 where oddjob was smaller than everyone else which made it so that he was basically an easy mode in multiplayer because guns would often miss him
2. Golden Gun, Gunner (A white suit that also gives the user a golden gun)
3. Helicopter Pack (My dad has a poster of from russia with love and there's what looks like a helicopter backpack thing in it and it looks cool so i wanna use that for a mii costume. It works for any type of mii fighter.)
4. Polygonal Tuxedo (We already have a polygonal alt for james bond so this'll just be a tuxedo)
I had the Mr. Bean game as a kid, it was absolutely terrible - imagine the slowest, most tedious possible corridor platformer.

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
It's kinda awkward when you really wanted James Bond to get in, but once he made it you remember that you know nothing about the franchise so you just have to watch all the submissions go by without being able to help any...

Yeah, I feel you. I only wanted Bond in Smash because he was intended for Melee, but I don't really know much about his series.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace

Person who submitted James Bond here.

Yeah, now I'm going to make sure I only submit characters I actually know from now on. Still think Bond was a win that needed to happen but I'm just going to stick to what I know, even if what I know are characters I really don't see being popular or voted on.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
We will use the list of @Darkonedagger
Now onto the final job of James Bond’s challenger pack:

Job #7: Submit A Classic Mode Route For James Bond
Submit what you think should be James Bond’s classic mode route. Please submit a theme, each battle, and the boss.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submission will be Undercover, it’s characters who have infiltrated places or wore disguised to trick people

Round 1
Fighter: Snake
Stage: Shadow Moses Island

Round 2
Fighter: Young Link
Stage: Hyrule Castle

Round 3
Fighter: Lucina
Stage: Coliseum

Round 4
Fighter: Shiek
Stage: Gerudo Valley

Round 5
Fighter: Cloud
Stage: Prism Tower (a reference to the shinra building)

Round 6
Fighter: Mario
Stage: Princess Peach’s Castle (a reference to the part in odyssey where you wear the n64 costume to trick a toad into letting you into a courtyard)

Round 7
Bonus

Round 8
Boss: Marx (since he tricks kirby into be thinking he’s good. Also works because james bond was in space in moonraker)

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Well, my submission for james bond's classic mode will be used meaning we're all done with the first pack of this pass!

Overall I do think it was a little awkward because a lot of people, including myself, weren't very familiar with the series. I am still really glad he got in though.

Anyways, we will move onto the next character now.

Job #8: Submit a Character For The Second Pack
Submit what character you think should be in the second challenger pack. Please submit the character, explain a bit about how you think they would fight, and why they should be in super smash bros.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mike Wazowski puts that thing back where it came from - or so help him!

Beloved movie and meme star, Monsters Inc. laugh floor co-founder Mike Wazowski would use a mixture of his prodigal comedy skills and the few scarer tricks he learned before failing MU. I did consider submitting Sulley or even a duo fighter, but I feel Mike's body shape provides more unique moveset potential in a fighting game. I partially chose Mike because I think almost everyone here will have seen Monsters Inc, allowing us to avoid the situation we had with Bond.

While Monsters Inc. (or Pixar in general) doesn't have the highest gaming pedigree, I think Pixar's contributions to 3D graphics justify their characters appearing in this context. Perhaps we could even fit in the Red's Dream/Uniracers connection somehow.

Repealing this submission for something new.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Popeye
popeye-nintendo.jpg

It should be well-known by now that Donkey Kong, Mario, and Pauline were originally going to be Bluto, Popeye, and Olive Oyl, and Nintendo had experience in licensing the famous sailor before and after, including creating an arcade game after Donkey Kong's success. Popeye's main abilities can pretty much be described as "brawler who can sometimes warp reality with his punches", giving him numerous avenues to base off his nearly 100 year history of comic strips, cartoons, or even the video games or other media appearances, and can allow for a bit of creativity given the wide pool being a "toonforce" character could give you. He can also do things with his pipe like shooting jets of smoke or fire out with varying applications, or even throw anchors and anchors on chains, as well as his signature "twisker sock" twisting punch. Of course, his spinach power-up could also be utilized in a few different ways, ranging from a Final Smash attack to a metered use of spinach to power-up when the match isn't going his way. Overall, a lot you could do with him, and he has direct history with Nintendo.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Yugi Muto
1635551039210.png
Yugi Muto, also known as the King of Games, is a kid who's really good at all kinds of games. He's the protagonist of the first Yu-Gi-Oh! Anime and a face of the widely successful Yu-Gi-Oh! Card game.

Admittedly not having a big splash on the video game market, it's influence on the Card Game scene cannot be denied being one of the big faces of the TCG market. Also, Yu-Gi-Oh! vs. Pokémon has been an ongoing battle and I think having a trainer/duelist from both these series in Smash would be awesome.

Yugi would be a character heavily focused on Strategy and could attack with his monsters being brought to life with his duel disk, Yugi could have a unique system where he can shuffle his cards in his hand and place cards to do great effects for example.

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Scrooge McDuck

The richest duck in the world (and my personal favorite Disney character) would make an excellent fit in the world of Smash. Not only is DuckTales a very popular classic series AND a fairly successful modern rebooted series, it is also well-known for having a surprisingly high-quality NES game based on it. If Scrooge joined Smash, he could combine elements of both versions of the show, the games, and the classic comic books to become a very interesting fighter! I assume his classic design would be his default appearance while his 2017 design would be an alt, but of course we can figure that out later…

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Godzilla

The king of the monsters! Godzilla is an iconic and beloved character with over 60 years of appearances. Godzilla has made numerous appearances in video games, including various fighting games. Godzilla has a wide universe to pull from, and we could even include references to the other Kajiu in Toho's arsenal. There is the issue that he is giant, but we could likely shrink him down while still having him be bigger than the other characters.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Fred Flintstone

Yabba-Dabba-Doo! Fred Flintstone is gonna have a gay old time because this is the day he wins the fight! Using his heavy rock utilities and prehistoric animal buddies as weapons, don't underestimate this grandiose patriarch!

The Flintstones has a long video game legacy, but the most well known and loved adaptations are the NES duology - and for more than bootleg memes I should add, The Rescue of Dino & Hoppy and Surprise at Dinosaur Peak are cult classics to NES fans and featured a variety of Castlevania-esque weapons Fred could use in battle.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
I will resubmit Darth Vader
Darth Vader (Star Wars)
A683E325-48A4-44D3-99A7-5852943F9BF7.png

Star Wars is one of the highest grossing film franchises of all time. The film series has spun off into tv shows, books, comics, and video games. There have been many popular Star Wars video games over the years, including Star Wars: Battlefront, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, etc.

Darth Vader is one of the biggest main characters of the entire series, from a young slave boy that wanted to see the galaxy to a broken man that has nothing left, but the desire to rule the galaxy. His legend still lives on after his death with his grandson who followed in his dark footsteps. He has been in a countless number of popular Star Wars video games over the years. Vader has even been a fighting game guest character in Soulcalibur IV.

Darth Vader would use his lightsaber and the power of the dark side, he wouldn’t hold back. He could dodge projectiles with his lightsaber, and turn his own weapon into a spinning projectile (like a boomerang). He could use the force the lift fighters, choke fighters, and push fighters and projectiles back. My fun idea for a final smash would be sending fighters into a cutscene with a rising Death Star in the background to shoot it’s iconic laser. Darth Vader is just an unstoppable force you wouldn’t want to mess with.

Vader’s appearance would definitely cause a lot of hype, just imagine fans watching a Darth Vader reveal trailer.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the options for Job #8. Please vote for your top three most wanted in order. Your own submission can only be in second or third place.
AlRex AlRex Popeye
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton Yugi
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Scrooge McDuck
@Darkonedagger Godzilla
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Fred Flintstone
cashregister9 cashregister9 Spider-Man
Sean Wheeler Sean Wheeler Goku
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Darth Vader

My votes:
1. Vader
2. Goku
3. Scrooge
I think we should probably start with the few “essential” fourth party characters at first like vader, spider-man, goku etc. since those would get people more hyped at the beginning. We have 10 spots so we’ll have plenty of space for more unusual characters later on.
Like for example I really think wreck it ralph would be a great pick for a character later on but I think we should add at least one other disney before him

Top Bottom