• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: A “Fourth Parties” Fighter’s Pass

D

Deleted member

1. Spooderman
2. Shinji
3. Shrek

My hot take is I've never been super into adding an advertising character but I'm not gonna freak out if one gets in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #31 voting:
Spider-Man 7
Shrek 14
Shinji 2
Tron 2
Cool Spot 13
The Undertaker 4
Angry Videogame Nerd 11

And so the ogre is coming to Smash! Now onto the first jobs for Shrek’s pack:

Job #32: Submit A Stage For Shrek
Submit what you think should be Shrek’s stage. Please submit a location and a layout.

Job #33: Submit A List of Music For Shrek
Submit a list of music to come with Shrek. They can be from movies or games. Now I don’t usually alllow this for challenger packs but for this one, licensed music that was used in Shrek will be allowed since it’s such a big part of the movies. Just make sure the majority of the music aren’t licensed music though. Music from other Dreamworks series are allowed, and please make sure some of the music comes from videogames. There’s a limit of 35 tracks.

D

Deleted member

Fc19d7db9cbcb7659aae3dce7bf6b3c1.jpg

Swamp

Shrek's home. The house itself can be used as a platform. There are pools of mud that the fighters can get stuck in and start to sink. Various characters make cameos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I will submit my songlist from the Challenger Pack thread.
  1. All Star - Smash Mouth
  2. All Star - Smash Mouth
  3. Fairytale - Shrek
  4. I'm a Believer - Smash Mouth
  5. Duloc Is - Shrek
  6. Dragon! - Fiona Awakens - Shrek
  7. Bad Reputation - Halfcocked
  8. Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen
  9. Holding out for a Hero - Jennifer Saunders
  10. Holding out for a Hero - Frou Frou
  11. Funkytown - Lipps Inc.
  12. Livin' Da Vida Loca - Antonia Banderos
  13. Happy Together - The Turtles
  14. Happy Together - The Turtles
  15. Thriller - Michael Jackson
  16. Main Swamp - Shrek Treasure Hunt
  17. Zoosters Breakout - Madagascar
  18. Big and Chunky - Will.i.am
  19. Upsies! I Need Upsies! - The Boss Baby
  20. Kung Fu Fighting - Cee Lo Green

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
This is my submission for Shrek’s music.

1. Mother Goose Land (Shrek Extra Large)
2. Swamp (Shrek 2, VG)
3. Far Far Away (Shrek 2, VG)
4. Dragon's Gate (Shrek Super Slam)
5. Fat Boy (Shrek Super Slam)
6. Poison Apple Inn (Shrek Super Slam)
7. Shrek's Swamp (Shrek: Hassle at the Castle)
8. Combat (Pus s in Boots VG)
9. Fairytale (Shrek movie)
10. Welcome to Duloc (Shrek movie)
11. All-Star
12. I’m a Believer
13. Funkytown
14. Holding Out For A Hero
15. Accidentally in Love
16. Trail We Blaze (The Road to El Dorado)
17. I Like to Move It Move It (Madagascar)
18. Hero (Kung Fu Panda)
19. Kung Fu Fighting

And with that I’ll close jobs 32 and 33. Swamp wins by default and here’s the poll for Job #33:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Can we get to Shrek's moveset after the voting
Yeah we’ll do alternate colours and the moveset right about now. Well the votes came in and my moveset is the one we’re going to use. Now onto the next jobs:

Job #34: Submit A List Of Alternate Colours For Shrek
Submit what you think should be Shrek’s alternate colours. Please submit each colour or costume change and explain what it’s a reference to.

Job #35: Submit A Moveset For Shrek
Please submit a moveset for Shrek. All you need to submit are the specials although you can do more if you want to.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 34

Shrek (character) - Wikipedia
Donkey Colors (Gray)
Fiona Colors (Emerald Green)
**** In Boots Colors (Orange)
Lord Farquaad Colors (Red)
Prince Charming Colors (Blue)
Sir Shrek (Silver)
Human Shrek (Brown)

Job 35

Neutral B: Onion, Tapping B throws an Onion Projectile, Holding B has shrek eat an onion

Side B: Super Slam, Shrek Jumps forwards, Pressing B Again Has Shrek slam both of his fists into the ground dealing big damage.

Up B: Ground Pound, Shrek Jumps high into the air before crashing down with force

Down B: Roar, Shrek Charges up a powerful and frightening roar that deals a little damage, has good knockback and if fully charged stuns opponents

Final Smash: What Are You Doing In My Swamp!?, Shrek Roars and anyone hit enters a cutscene where the opponents look scared before seeing a "Beware Ogres" sign where Shrek an Fiona appear behind it and start using a large suite of physical attacks.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Shrek costumes
  1. Default
  2. Green shirt, based on Fiona
  3. Orange skin and black shirt, based on **** in Boots
  4. White (ethnicity) skin and red shirt, based om Farquaad.
  5. William Stieg's Shrek
  6. White (colour) skin, pink shirt for Stieg Shrek, based on the ugly princess
  7. Red skin, green shirt for Stieg Shrek, based on the crocodile priest
  8. Blue skin for Stieg Shrek, based on "Drek" (a recurring fancharacter in Shrek memes)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll finish these jobs soon but before then I’m gonna do a submission for Shrek’s alts:
1. Default
2. Black jacket with orange shirt (reference to **** in boots
3. Dark green jacket (reference to Fiona)
4. Purple jacket with yellow shirt (reference to his book design)
5. Red jacket (reference to Lord Farquaad)
6. Blue jacket and grey shirt (reference to fairy godmother)
7. Knight Costume
8. Human Shrek

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Next is both the Classic Mode and Spirits?
Sorry for not responding to you before, but it’s spirits and mii costumes. We follow the order everything is listed on the front page.

Anyways the alts list of cashregister9 cashregister9 will be used. Now onto the next jobs:

Job #36: Submit A List of Spirits For Shrek
Submit what you think should be the list of spirits for Shrek. Please submit each spirit and the battle. There is a limit of 15 not including fighter spirits.

Job #37: Submit A List of Mii Costumes For Shrek
Submit what you think should be the mii costumes for Shrek. Please submit each costume and say what it’s a costume for, there’s a limit of 6

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Mii costumes:
1. **** in Boots (Swordfighter)
2. Pinocchio (Brawler, uses boxing gloves like in Shrek Super Slam)
3. Gingerbread Man (Swordfighter, uses a candy cane like in Shrek Super Slam)
4. Po (Brawler)
5. King Julian (Swordfighter, uses a wooden stick)
6. Gromit (Brawler)

D

Deleted member

1. Cat in Boots (Swordsman)
2. Duloc Mascot (Brawler.)
3. Po (Brawler)
4. Hiccup (Swordsman)
5. Megamind (Gunner)
6. Catra (Brawler)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’m gonna put this thread on hold until after christmas day so people don’t feel pressured to reply to this when it’s christmas day. You can still submit content to the jobs that are ongoing right now but I just won’t close the jobs yet

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
This will be my submission for Shrek’s spirit board. I’m keeping it to just Shrek characters, unlike the music.

• Shrek (Fighter Spirit)
  • Donkey (Donkey Kong on Swamp. Unfortunately waffles aren’t a good item in smash so pancakes will appear
  • Fiona (Red Lucina on Great Plateau Tower)
  • Fiona Ogre (Enhanced form of Fiona)
  • Dragon (Red Ridley on Castle Siege)
  • Fairy Godmother (Bayonetta on Princess Peach’s Castle with items turned on)
  • Prince Charming (Marth on Castle Siege)
  • Gingerbread Man (Mii Brawler in Skull Kid outfit on Swamp)
  • Three Little Pigs (Three Wario’s on Swamp)
  • Bear Family (Two Donkey Kong’s and one Diddy Kong on Swamp)
  • **** in Boots (Incineroar with killing edge on Magicant)
  • Dronkeys (Three small red Ridley’s on Castle Siege)
  • Quasimodo (Villager on Umbra Clock Tower)
  • Humpty (White Kirby on Suzaku Castle)
  • Anthrax (White Donkey Kong on Swamp)

And the mii costumes of @Darkonedagger will be used. Now onto the next job:

Job #38: Submit A Classic Mode Route For Shrek
Submit a classic mode route for Shrek. Please submit each battle and the theme.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
What are you doing in my swamp!?
  • Mario (Default) (shrunken down) (Hyrule Castle) [Represents Lord Farquaad]
  • Princess Zelda (Default) (New Pork City) [Represents the Fairy Godmother]
  • Marth (Mystery of the Emblem) (Tomodachi's Life) [Represents Prince Charming]
  • Wario (Biker Green) (Shrunken Down) (Gerudo Valley) [Represents Rumpelstiltskin]
  • Kirby (Grey) (Grown Up) (Bridge of Eldin) [Represents Humpty Alexander Dumpty]
  • Bonus Game
  • Rathalos [Represents the Dragon]

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
I suppose we need at least one more possible Shrek route.

You're an All Star

1. Wario in Jungle Japes (matching Shrek in his swamp)
2. Daisy in a Green dress in Find Mii (representing Fionna)
3. Isabelle (Who starts the fight with a sword) in Bridge of Eldin (**** in Boots)
4. Mii gunner in a Geno suit in Super Happy Tree (Pinochio)
5. Duck Hunt and a larger than usual Charizard in Green Greens (Donkey and Dragon)
6. Marth in white costume and Rosalina in the Fountain of Dreams (representing Prince Charming and the Fair Godmother)

Final - Master Hand and Crazy Hand

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll submit Fairytale Love. It’s meant to be characters who, in their games are meant or implied to be in love

Round 1: Mario and Peach (Princess Peach’s Castle)
Round 2: Link and Zelda (Skyloft)
Round 3: Shulk and a metal Lucina meant to be Fiora (Gaur Plain)
Round 4: Luigi and Daisy (Figure 8 Circuit)
Round 5: Cloud and Aerith mii if purchased, Zelda if not purchased (Midgar)
Round 6: Female Robin and Chrom
Bonus
Boss: Rathalos and Grey Donkey Kong representing Dragon and Donkey. Rathalos is a bit weaker to make up for there being two on their team.

And so here is the strawpoll to determine which clsssic mode well use:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
“What are you doing in my swamp” will be used as Shrek’s classic mode. Now onto the next job:

Job #39: Submit A Character For The Sixth Pack
Submit a character who you think we should use in the sixth pack. Please submit a character, explain a bit about who they are, how they would fight, and why they should be in Smash Ultimate.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Resubbing Ronald
Ronald McDonald is lovin' it!

The Hamburger Happy Clown himself has already made a name for himself in fighting games thanks to customisable games like MUGEN, however this capitalist clown will be fighting with his canonical abilities in Smash as opposed to YTP memes or restaurant items. The McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure Mega Drive game, a hidden gem among classic Sega fans, will likely be the main inspiration for his moveset, but we can also slide in references to classic McDonaldLand ads and other Micky D's mascots like Mac Tonight and Happy Box.

Baysha

Smash Ace
cn_captain_n.png

Captain N/Kevin Keene

One of the few first party characters to qualify for this pass. Kevin Keene is from Captain N: the Game Master, one of the earliest attempts at adapting video games. With him, it would bring a fitting conclusion to the first part of the Fourth Parties Fighters Pass.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll submit Darth Vader.

He’s been submitted here a few times before and is honestly a pretty obvious pick so I won’t go too in detail here. He’s really iconic and important to videogames and Star Wars feels like one of the remaining series we need to “get out of the way” along with Spider-Man. It still does feel like it would be fun to incorporate here though.

D

Deleted member

Resubmitting Godzilla.

Godzilla

The king of the monsters! Godzilla is an iconic and beloved character with over 60 years of appearances. Godzilla has made numerous appearances in video games, including various fighting games. Godzilla has a wide universe to pull from, and we could even include references to the other Kajiu in Toho's arsenal. There is the issue that he is giant, but we could likely shrink him down while still having him be bigger than the other characters.

4th Party submission:
Gandalf (Lord of Rings)

Gandalf is one of Characters from The Lord of Ring series and he is a wizard, who gathers his friends to fight Smaug and he needs to assist Frodo in his adventure to get a Ring from Sauron. (I didn't watched the Movies, but I know who that is).

His moveset could be similar to Robin, which he uses magic, but the magic could be similar to his, since he could summon other characters to fight like Frodo or Bilbo to Assist him.
He could have same archetype as Robin, but he could have more Projectiles than them.
His Final Smash could be Smaug, where he sends opponents to cutscene with Smaug, where he burns down opponents, KOing them while Final Smahs ends.

I nominate Gandalf, because he could represent literature genre and he is one of Iconic character that was basis for Stock Wizards.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Turok Dinosaur Hunter.jpg

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter

Turok it a title meaning Son of Stone, Child of the Land, or Protector of Earth in the Saquin language. Throughout history, a Native American family lineage has secretly protected Earth from a race of evolved dinosaurs and other alien lifeforms that come from The Lost Land. The mantle of Turok is passed down from one generation to another, the eldest son of the previous Turok typically honored with the title and its duties.

Turok is well regarded as one of the the Nintendo 64's most successful titles, and prior to Golden Eye, the best first person shooter on the system.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Segata Sanshiro (Sega Commercials)
DA1D9582-C337-4C0C-82C9-EE937494DD69.png

Segata Sanshiro is one of gaming’s most recognizable commercial mascots. Segata Sanshiro was Sega’s commercial mascot to help sell Sega Saturns exclusively in Japan. Unsurprisingly, the Sega Saturn was huge in Japan, but not for the rest of the world (coincidence, I think not). Segata Sanshiro would protect the Sega with his life and beat up anyone that wasn’t playing a Sega Saturn. He died at the end of the Sega Saturn era, when he saved Sega Headquarters from a nuclear missile by jumping on top of it to direct it into space to explode (no body was ever recovered). Even though he was only exclusive to Japan’s marketing commercials, he grew a huge cult following for the rest of the world. Some would even call him the Chuck Norris of the gaming world. Segata Sanshiro is in a difficult position, he is owned by Sega, but he is also an actual human persona that

Segata Sanshiro has a TON of moveset potential. He has around ten minutes worth of commercials to pull from. He can do martial arts, change his size, duplicate himself, throw someone so hard that they explode twice upon impact with the ground, etc. Maybe his moveset could involve him fighting with a giant Sega Saturn. Another idea I have (if allowed), he could summon Sega Saturn exclusive game characters to help in combat (similar to Pac-Man’s moveset).

Top Bottom