• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: A “Fourth Parties” Fighter’s Pass

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Changing my submission from Spider-man to

Rita Repulsa (Power Rangers)

Why choose one ranger when you can choose one of the most iconic 90s TV Villains.

Rita Repulsa is one of the main villains in Power Rangers, she controls an Army of Putties and many other monsters throughout Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers and beyond appearing in many different seasons of Power Rangers.

In Terms of smash she could incorporate many monsters, Lord Zedd and Rito Revolto alongside her staff in her moveset.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I will submit Doronjo

Doronjo is the main villain of Time Bokan although she’s more well known for being the villain of Yatterman and other Tatsunoko shows. Tatsunoko is one of the biggest studios that shaped classic anime and I think Doronjo would be a great representation for that. Tatsunoko hasn’t had that many games but she was in the hugely influential Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom which is what we could take inspiration from moveset-wise where she fights using her henchmen. We could even have other Tatsunoko series like gatchaman, tekkaman or even things like evangelion represented.
She was also a direct representation on how team rocket was portrayed in the pokemon anime which is a pretty big point for her IMO. She’s also a female character which we could use more of in this pass.
If you want to know more about her, check out this video:

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #47 voting:
Gandalf 2
Garfield 13
Ruby Rose 6
Wyldstyle 8
Rita Repulsa 0
Popeye 15
Doronjo 1
Korra 3

And so Popeye will be our next character! Now onto his jobs:
Job #48: Submit A Stage For Popeye
Submit Popeye’s stage. Please submit a location and a layout.

Job #49: Submit A Music List For Popeye
Submit what you think should be Popeye’s music. Please submit each music track. There’s a limit of 35.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Popeye stage: Popeye

The spiritual successor to 25M and Mario Bros, this takes place on the pirate ship portion of the Popeye arcade game. Bluto/Brutus and a vulture are hazards and there's a blue moving platform, while Olive Oyl shouts "HELP!" from the top of the screen - every HELP letter collected slowly creates a ladder to the left of the funnel which, unlike in the game, can be used by fighters and not just as a cutscene. You are usually defenseless against Bluto/Brutus and vultures, but spinach cans will occasionally appear that let you KO them - they don't provide any other advantage other than that. When Bruto/Blutus and the vulture fall down, foes can be caught in the crossfire and hurt by the impact.

Song list: (remixes in bold)
  1. I'm Popeye the Sailor Man - Popeye cartoons
  2. I'm Popeye the Sailor Man - Popeye cartoons
  3. I'm Popeye the Sailor Man - Popeye (Robin Williams)
  4. I'm Popeye the Sailor Man (Demo Track) - Popeye (Robin Williams)
  5. Credits - Popeye & Son
  6. Rough House Fight - Popeye (Robin Williams)
  7. Blow Me Down - Popeye (Robin Williams)
  8. The Grand Finale - Popeye (Robin Williams)
  9. Sailin' - Popeye (Robin Williams)
  10. Popeye's Sweethaven - Universal Studios: Islands of Adventure
  11. Stage Theme 1 - Popeye (Arcade)
  12. Stage Theme 2 - Popeye (Arcade)
  13. Stage Theme 3 - Popeye (Arcade)
  14. Popeye Arcade Medley
  15. Main Theme - Popeye: The Rush for Spinach
  16. The Docks - Popeye: The Rush for Spinach
  17. Ghost Island - Popeye: The Rush for Spinach
  18. The Moon - Popeye: The Rush for Spinach
  19. Boss - Popeye (Super Famicom)
  20. Desert - Popeye (Super Famicom)
  21. Field - Popeye (Super Famicom)
  22. Water - Popeye (Super Famicom)
  23. We Are the Members of Do it or Die/Wanna Be a Member? - Bimbo's Initiation
  24. Octopus - Game & Watch Gallery (note: this song would also be playable on Flat Zone X. It is a remix of Stage Theme 1 hence its inclusion here)

Oddball

Smash Lord
Popeye stage: Popeye

The spiritual successor to 25M and Mario Bros, this takes place on the pirate ship portion of the Popeye arcade game. Bluto/Brutus and a vulture are hazards and there's a blue moving platform, while Olive Oyl shouts "HELP!" from the top of the screen - every HELP letter collected slowly creates a ladder to the left of the funnel which, unlike in the game, can be used by fighters and not just as a cutscene. You are usually defenseless against Bluto/Brutus and vultures, but spinach cans will occasionally appear that let you KO them - they don't provide any other advantage other than that. When Bruto/Blutus and the vulture fall down, foes can be caught in the crossfire and hurt by the impact.

Song list: (remixes in bold)
  1. I'm Popeye the Sailor Man - Popeye cartoons
  2. I'm Popeye the Sailor Man - Popeye cartoons
  3. I'm Popeye the Sailor Man - Popeye (Robin Williams)
  4. I'm Popeye the Sailor Man (Demo Track) - Popeye (Robin Williams)
  5. Credits - Popeye & Son
  6. Rough House Fight - Popeye (Robin Williams)
  7. Blow Me Down - Popeye (Robin Williams)
  8. The Grand Finale - Popeye (Robin Williams)
  9. Sailin' - Popeye (Robin Williams)
  10. Popeye's Sweethaven - Universal Studios: Islands of Adventure
  11. Stage Theme 1 - Popeye (Arcade)
  12. Stage Theme 2 - Popeye (Arcade)
  13. Stage Theme 3 - Popeye (Arcade)
  14. Popeye Arcade Medley
  15. Main Theme - Popeye: The Rush for Spinach
  16. The Docks - Popeye: The Rush for Spinach
  17. Ghost Island - Popeye: The Rush for Spinach
  18. The Moon - Popeye: The Rush for Spinach
  19. Boss - Popeye (Super Famicom)
  20. Desert - Popeye (Super Famicom)
  21. Field - Popeye (Super Famicom)
  22. Water - Popeye (Super Famicom)
  23. We Are the Members of Do it or Die/Wanna Be a Member? - Bimbo's Initiation
  24. Octopus - Game & Watch Gallery (note: this song would also be playable on Flat Zone X. It is a remix of Stage Theme 1 hence its inclusion here)
I can't top that, however I do want to add just a few songs to the list from the movie.

Everything is Food
I'm Mean
It's not Easy Being Me

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
wow TIL some Game & Watch music was taken from Popeye

tbh I think we already have the perfect stage/music list. I don't have any further suggestions.
It'd probably be more accurate to say the Popeye music was sampled in G&WG, but yeah it's quite bizarre. A lot of Game Boy stuff reused content from obscure arcade games - the Game Boy Camera is basically a love letter to pre-NES Nintendo.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright, Popeye will be the stage and the combined music list of Oddball Oddball and Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario will be used. Now onto the next jobs:

Job #50: Submit A Moveset For Popeye
Submit what you think should be Popeye’s moveset. All you need to submit are the specials and final smash although you can do more if you want to.

Job #51: Submit Alts For Popeye
Submit the list of alternate colours for Popeye.

D

Deleted member

Neutral Special - Twisker Sock: Popeye twists his arm around around a few times and delivers a huge punch. This can be charged up.
Side Special - Anchor Chain: Popeye tosses forward an anchor on a chain. This can be angled.
Up Special - Tornado: Popeye turns himself into a Tornado and shoots upwards
Down Special - Tire Throw: Popeye throws a tire forward. It will roll across the stage.
Final Smash - I Eats Me Spinach: Popeye pops out a can of spinach and eats from it. Once he’s eaten the entire can, he throws it aside and then proceeds to lay the beat down on a near by opponent.

Tire and Ancor are from the Super Famicom game Popeye: Ijiwaru Majo Seahag no Maki. Others are based on the cartoon / comic strip. Credit to this video

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
The alts of Oddball Oddball and moveset of @Darkonedagger will be used. Now onto the next jobs:

Job #52: Submit A Spirits List For Popeye
Submit the list of spirits to come with Popeye. Please submit each spirit and the battles. There’s a limit of 15 not including fighter spirits.

Job #53: Submit A List of Mii Costumes For Popeye
Submit the list of mii costumes for Popeye. Please submit each costume and explain how it works. There’s a limit of 6.

Job 53:
If are you talking about Warner Bros, then I have something else for ya:
1. Bluto (Brawler)
2. Johnny Bravo (Brawler)
3. Finn the Human (Swordfighter)
4. Master Shake (Hat)
5. Fred Flintstone (Swordfighter)
6. TOM (Toonami) (Gunner Deluxe) (Comes with Toonami Medley song)

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Here's one with some of other heroes from King Features Syndicate
Eugene the Jeep (Brawler)
Snuffy Smith (Gunner)
Haggar the Horrible (Swordfighter)
The Phantom (Brawler)
The Prince Valiant (Swordfighter)
Mugman (Cuphead) (Deluxe) (Comes with a remix of "Carnival Kerfuffle")

D

Deleted member

1. Bluto (Brawler)
2. Flash Gordon (Gunner)
3. Phantom (Brawler)
4. Mandrake the Magician (Swordsman. Uses his wand.)
5. Felix the Cat (Brawler)
6. Betty Boop (Brawler)

Went for other King Features Syndicate characters

D

Deleted member

Popeye (Fighter sprirt)

Oliv Oil (Peach on Popeye.)
Bluto (Wario on Pirate Ship)
Wimpy (Mario on Pac Land)
Swee'Pea (Pichu on Popeye)
Eugene the Jeep (Yellow Yoshi on Popeye)
Alice the Goon (Donkey Kong on Jungle Japes)
Poopdeck Pappy (Popeye on Popeye)
Brutus (Bowser on Popeye)
Sea Hag (Bayonetta on Pirate Ship)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
"I Yam What I Yam!": A journey through Nintendo's early video game days.
Fight #1: Captain Falcon (Gerudo Valley) (represents Sheriff)
Fight #2: Falco w/Spicy Curry (Lylat Cruise) (represents Space Firebird)
Fight #3: Mr. Game & Watch (Flat Zone X)
Fight #4: Mario, Donkey Kong, Peach (Red) (75m)
Fight #5: Mario, Luigi (Mario Bros.)
Fight #6: Bonus Mini Game
Boss: Galleom

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I Yam What I Yam will be Popeye’s classic mode. With that, we’re done with Popeye’s pack and onto the next one:

Job #55: Submit A Character
Submit a character to be added for the next pack. Please submit a character, explain who they are and a little bit about how they would fight, and why they should be in Smash Ultimate.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ronald McDonald is lovin' it!

The Hamburger Happy Clown himself has already made a name for himself in fighting games thanks to customisable games like MUGEN, however this capitalist clown will be fighting with his canonical abilities in Smash as opposed to YTP memes or restaurant items. The McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure Mega Drive game, a hidden gem among classic Sega fans, will likely be the main inspiration for his moveset, but we can also slide in references to classic McDonaldLand ads and other Micky D's mascots like Mac Tonight and Happy Box.

AGAIN, I RESUBMIT GANDALF!
4th Party submission:
Gandalf (Lord of Rings)

Gandalf is one of Characters from The Lord of Ring series and he is a wizard, who gathers his friends to fight Smaug and he needs to assist Frodo in his adventure to get a Ring from Sauron. (I didn't watched the Movies, but I know who that is).

His moveset could be similar to Robin, which he uses magic, but the magic could be similar to his, since he could summon other characters to fight like Frodo or Bilbo to Assist him.
He could have same archetype as Robin, but he could have more Projectiles than them.
His Final Smash could be Smaug, where he sends opponents to cutscene with Smaug, where he burns down opponents, KOing them while Final Smahs ends.

I nominate Gandalf, because he could represent literature genre and he is one of Iconic character that was basis for Stock Wizards.

D

Deleted member

Geralt of Rivia

Dispite being famous as a video game. The Witcher was originally a book series. Geralt came up a lot as a request for the real smash, but was impossible due to his orgins. But we can add him now. He would be a Swordsman but also make use of magic. He could have alts based on both his video game appearance and the version portrayed by Henry Cavil in the recent Netflix adaption.

Oddball

Smash Lord
I resubmit... Mikey.
Bringin' back the Turtle Power!

Smash Bros is a party game, and Michelangelo is a party dude.

The Ninja Turtles have had dozens of major videogames, with four games on the original Nintendo alone.
As for why Mikey instead of the others? Well, when you think Ninja Turtles, several things come to mind, skateboards, pizza, cowabunga, all thing that fit Michelangelo better than his brothers. He's the most Teenager out of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Plus he has a weapon unlike anything else in smash Bros so far.

View attachment 338897

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are all the options for Job #55. Please vote for your top three most wanted in order, your own submission can only be in second or third place.
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Ronald McDonald
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Gandalf
@Darkonedagger Geralt
Oddball Oddball Michelangelo
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 Optimus Prime
cashregister9 cashregister9 Spider-Man

My votes:
1. Ronald (it would be funny if ronald mcdonald got votes into two separate creation threads so soon together
2. Spider-Man (I think we’ve pretty much established that he feels pretty much like a necessity for this thread and so I think now would be a good time to add him, since we’re starting to run out of slots
3. Geralt

Top Bottom