• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: A Revised Brawl

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Saturn Valley
Magicant

Mute City
Peachs Castle Melee
Pokemon Stadium

Chibi Robo

Will whip his wire/plug toward an opponent doing big damage & knockback on impact, then wire/plug will stay in place and electrocute anyone who touches it doing some damage & knockback.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Saturn Valley
2. Magicant

1. Onett
2. Hyrule Castle
3. Peach's Castle Melee

Issac
1691449269566.jpeg

Same as the real games.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes:

New Pork City 2
Saturn Valley 5
Magicant 8

Magicant is our Mother stage.

Peach’s Castle 64 1
Princess Peach’s Castle Melee 3
Hyrule Castle 5
Mute City 3
Big Blue 5
Onett 10
Pokemon Stadium 1
Flat Zone 2

Onett is our next past stage.

The assist trophy job will be up until tomorrow.

Before we do more jobs, I’d like to do another check-in with the project. Here are some things to check in with:
  • How is the format? Is there something that I should change.
  • As there is only one more fighter before the post-Subspace fighters, what is everyone’s opinion on the roster, and who would they like to see in terms of the remaining four fighters (Please note that the post subspace fighters reuse assets from other fighters)? While Brawl had 5 cuts, Mr. Game & Watch will automatically be one of the nominations for the last fighter in case we want to keep him.
  • How is the stage selection?
  • How are the items, assists, and bosses?
  • How is the game mode selection so far? We’ll work on the All-Star format in a later job.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the assist trophy nominations:

Pupp135 Pupp135 Little Mac
nirvanafan nirvanafan Chibi-Robo
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Isaac

Vote for your two most wanted assists, where yours is not first.

1. Isaac
2. Chibi-Robo

Also, feel free to express your opinions on the roster, stages, items, bosses, and game modes.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes

Little Mac 4
Chibi-Robo 6
Isaac 2

Little Mac and Chibi-Robo are our next assists.

Job 116: Submit Final Smashes for Ness, Peach, Zelda/Sheik, and Falco.

I’m fine with keeping Final Smashes the same, but I’d replace Landmaster with Falco’sin Ultimate.

Job 117: Submit a Format for All-Star Mode.

TheLastMaverickHunter

Smash Journeyman
Job #116:
Sheik and Falco keep their Brawl Final Smashes, Zelda has hers from Ultimate, Ness’s becomes PSI Rockin Ω and Peach has her Empress form/Mega Strike.

Job #117:
Goes in series order; I liked Brawl’s format the most.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Id keep the final smashs & all star mode the same.

Remembered trophies again think i was on Kirby

1 Gooey
2 Captain Vul
3 Dyna Blade
4 Dark Matter
5 Adeline

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Keep the final smashes the same, they are good choices and powerful.

Music:
Green Hill Zone - Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic Boom - Sonic CD
Open your Heart - Sonic Adventure
Live and Learn - Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Heroes Main Theme

Pupp135

Smash Lord
By default, Sheik gets the light arrow, and I will set up polls for the other fighters.

Ness
Peach
Zelda
Falco

Also, we’ll go with Brawl’s version of All-Star where characters are fought based on the series chronological order.

Job 118: Submit a Character for our last unique fighter.
RidleyBrawl.jpg
While I’d prefer Ike, I’ll nominate Ridley as he was highly requested during the Brawl era.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Pac-Man
Pac-Man-0.png

The iconic yellow-fellow from Namco will be a newcomer. His moveset can have elements from the first two World games (yes, the third one never got a Japanese release) mixed with attacks from other games like a Pac'n Roll dash or the Flying Boots from Pac-Land acting as a recovery.

(Hoping his stage is Pac-Maze, but from the then-recent Championship Edition)

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Crash Bandicoot (picture by MutationFoxy)

Mario's 1st major rivaly is here (Sega/Sonic) so feel like is 2nd major rivalry (Sony/Crash) should also be here. Crash at this point has been multiplatform with yearly releases for a bit pretty much always hitting Nintendo systems (even some portable exclusives) & under Activision (who had decent wii/ds support all things considered) meaning you are not dealing with a rival console maker.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
By default, Sheik gets the light arrow, and I will set up polls for the other fighters.

Ness
Peach
Zelda
Falco

Also, we’ll go with Brawl’s version of All-Star where characters are fought based on the series chronological order.

Job 118: Submit a Character for our last unique fighter.
So, I'll admit I really like some of the changes to this game's roster. Midna and Sami feel like really good "recent" picks for this era, and considering we already have both Snake and Sonic, I wouldn't imagine we'd need a third third-party character overall. So, with that in mind...

Character Name: Dark Samus
Character Series: Metroid
Character Origin: Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (2004)

I felt a new Metroid character would be a good inclusion for this kind of role, and whilst I'm very aware that there is a certain Space Pirate who'd be gunning for this role, I'd also like to take the opportunity to suggest a different take on this concept. I'll admit, I realise that I'll probably need to somewhat justify Dark Samus given she's an Echo Fighter in Ultimate, so I'll try and pick it apart.

First things first, Dark Samus has more than enough moveset potential to warrant being a wholly unique character without any borrowed elements from Samus herself. Bear in mind, by the time we've gotten to Brawl's release, we've seen it in both Prime 2 and Prime 3, with the overarching threat of Phazon continuing as a prominent plot point that'll undoubtedly be a relevant matter going forward. Given its connection to Phazon as well as its multiple boss battles, plus a bit of creative license on top of that, you'd easily have a unique moveset that'd feel like very much a departure from Samus, or even other members of the roster. For an idea of how this could look, check out some of its assist trophy attacks back in Sm4sh for an idea, albeit toned down a little for the sake of balancing.

Not only this, it's important to also consider that the Metroid series was... actually in a pretty decent place by 2008. Considering the time for development up to Brawl's release has seen the release of spinoffs like Metroid Prime Pinball and Metroid Prime: Hunters, as well as the second and third entries to the critically acclaimed Metroid Prime series, the series was in a position at this point where it'd somewhat warrant a new character on top of Samus herself. That said, given Zero Suit Samus isn't included here, the space for a new Metroid character is blown wide open - and I think it'd be a good call.

Not only this, but the inclusion of yet another villain to the roster is always good. Whilst Melee saw the landmark inclusions of Bowser, Ganondorf and arguably Mewtwo, this game's seeing the inclusion of King Dedede, Meta Knight, Wolf and Wario - adding another villain to the fold feels like a good call, and whilst there are potential for picks from other series, Metroid would lend to a unique one overall in terms of visual identity and vibe, and Dark Samus makes for an interesting parallel to Wario and Wolf in terms of the whole "dark reflection of the protagonist" thing they have going on.

In closing, I feel like Dark Samus is in the right place at the right time for a last-minute inclusion. It might not be the character people would expect, but it would be a unique breath of fresh air that could easily provide an interesting moveset with a visual flair all of its own. It's representing another mainstay series that people would be clamouring to get another roster spot - akin to Kirby's position prior to this game's release - at arguably the height of its mainstream appeal. And, well... we can rest easy knowing that Dark Samus isn't too big.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the nominations

HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 Pac-Man
TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter R.O.B.
nirvanafan nirvanafan Crash Bandicoot
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Mega Man
Pupp135 Pupp135 Ridley
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Dark Samus
darkvortex darkvortex Ike
Open Submission: Mr. Game & Watch

Vote for your three most wanted, where yours is not first.

1. Ike
2. R.O.B.
3. Pac-Man

Job 119: Submit a New Item.

I’ll nominate Killing Edge, which works like in Ultimate.

Job 120: Submit a Multiplayer Mode.

I’ll nominate Tag Team mode, which is effectively Project+’s All-Star Smash.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Here are the nominations

HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 Pac-Man
TheLastMaverickHunter TheLastMaverickHunter R.O.B.
nirvanafan nirvanafan Crash Bandicoot
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Mega Man
Pupp135 Pupp135 Ridley
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Dark Samus
darkvortex darkvortex Ike
Open Submission: Mr. Game & Watch

1. Ike
2. R.O.B.
3. Pac-Man

Job 119: Submit a New Item.

I’ll nominate Killing Edge, which works like in Ultimate.

Job 120: Submit a Multiplayer Mode.

I’ll nominate Tag Team mode, which is effectively Project+’s All-Star Smash.
  1. Pac-Man. (I might not think 3 third-party characters are necessary, but Pac-Man is an obvious candidate.)
  2. Ridley. (A very popular request who I think would work pretty well, honestly!)
  3. Mega Man. (Personal bias, I'll admit!)
Big shoutout to R.O.B. though!

Job #119:
Item Name: Bull Pot
Item Series: Wario Land
Item Origin: Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (1994)

Upon picking up this item, it'll take the form of a hat that'll be worn by the player (similarly to the Bunny Hood.) This hat lasts for a limited time before its effects completely wear off, though the "W" monogram on the front would be removed. The effects of this item when worn are three-fold:
  1. When dashing, the wearer can deal a small amount of damage to opponents they hit.
  2. The wearer also has a significantly faster fast-fall, which also deals a small amount of damage to opponents they hit.
  3. Opponents who attempt to footstool the wearer will recieve damage from the hat's horns.
The effects of this item can also be selected in Special Smash (if that's permittable!) and it can be spawned in Training Mode just like any other.

Job #120: Tourney
Returning from Super Smash Bros. Melee, Tourney Mode (renamed from Tournament Mode for funsies) is a mode in which up to 32 players can be placed in a seeded bracket (of which several forms of bracket can be selected, as well as several unique modifiers such as whether they would be 4-player or 2-player bouts and the ability to add CPU fighters as well.) However, to evolve this beyond the original game's format alongside additional options for customisation, Tourney Mode is also usable online using Nintendo WFC rooms!

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Item: Spring (Donkey Kong)

We need more Donkey Kong items with two fighters. Acts the same as the real games.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes

Pac-Man 8
R.O.B. 8
Crash Bandicoot 2
Mega Man 3
Ridley 14
Dark Samus 3
Ike 10
Mr. Game & Watch

Ridley is our last unique fighter.

By default, I’ll add the Killing Edge, Bull Pot, and Spring.

For the multiplayer game mode, please use this poll to determine if Tag Team or Tourney should be added?

I forgot about this, but PSI Rockin, Empress/Mega Strike, Triforce of Wisdom, and Landmaster are Ness, Peach, Zelda, and Falco’s respective final smashes.

Job 121: Nominate A Nintendo, Metal Gear, or Sonic Stage.
Job 106: Submit a stage for a franchise without a playable fighter

I would choose the Wii Menu. This would be similar to Delfino Plaza where it has a base area and transitions to other areas. The base area is the base menu itself, and the platforms are the top of the channel options. The hazard at this part of the stage would be cursor, which can grab players as it moves. The stage would then transition between 3 channel previews, the Mii Channel, the game being uploaded, and the Wii Shop Channel. On the Mii Channel, Miis will walk through, which can hurt players if they come into contact. When a disk is being loaded, the players can stand on the disks, but they would be moving with the disk. At some point, a disk is inserted, and players are hurt if they are directly beneath the disk. For the wii shop channel, there would just be a dhopping bag that players can stand on.
Job 122: Nominate a boss fight.

I’ll renominate King K. Rool.
SSBU spirit King K. Rool.png
This is going to be controversial, but I’m going to nominate King K. Rool here. Some of his attacks would be based on his Ultimate moveset. As references to Donkey Kong Country II, he will also use the Blunderbuss to travel to opposite sides of the map, and he‘ll use shoot out different colored gases from the Blunderbuss. for different side effects.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Now that we know Ridley is playable think its time to add our metroid boss.

Mother Brain

EDIT - Star Fox Trophies
1 Slippy
2 Peppy
3 Leon
4 Pigma
5 Andrew

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Job #122:
Metroid Prime
View attachment 372291
Game of Origin: Metroid Prime (2002)

What does the boss do?
  • Metroid Prime can reflect energy-based projectiles
  • Power Beam: Metroid Prime gathers all six tentacles and fires a beam that covers most of the screen, similar to Dark Samus’ Phazon Laser (37%, far knockback)
  • Particle Wave Projector Beam; Metroid Prime emits two to four energy orbs that fire off into Wave Beams, which paralyze the player upon contact (8% each, small knockback)
  • Ice Beam; Metroid Prime fires a chunk of ice from each tentacle, which freezes the player upon contact (6% each, OK knockback)
  • Plasma Beam; Metroid Prime fires a stream of plasma from each tentacle (6% each, OK knockback)
  • Snare Beam; Metroid Prime fires eye lasers that pull the player towards it, ending with a snare using its tentacles unless the player dodges enough times.
  • Multi-Missile; Metroid Prime fires several purple and green missiles (3%, small knockback) that either home in on the player (purple) or land all over the ground (green).
  • Ultrafrigid Breath; Metroid Prime uses its tentacles to slam the floor and cover it in frigid crystals, freezing the player upon contact (20%, OK knockback)
  • Phazon Puddle; Metroid Prime creates a Phazon puddle on both sides, slowly damaging the player on contact. After a while, they turn into crystallized pillars.
  • Metroid Prime will sometimes goes invisible and use a random attack without warning
  • Metroid Prime creates a Metroid to fight alongside it
  • Metroid Prime will fire three sets of small homing projectiles (2% each, small knockback)
  • Metroid Prime will spin around like a wheel, flinging its tentacles all over (22%, medium knockback)
Setting/Intro: The Phaaze Sanctum where Dark Samus was fought in Corruption. As she emerges from the door below, Phazon tentacles pop out of Dark Samus, and she transforms into her true self, the core essence of Metroid Prime.

Defeat: Metroid Prime’s death animation from the original game.

Music: Vs. Dark Samus

Pupp135

Smash Lord
By default, Wii Menu and Venus Lighthouse are added.

Here are the nominations
Pupp135 Pupp135 King K. Rool
nirvanafan nirvanafan Mother Brain
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Porky
Perkilator Perkilator Metroid Prime

Tourney is our next multiplayer mode.

1. Mother Brain
2. K. Rool
3. Porky

Job 122: Submit a Pokemon (Open Ended)
From Bulbapedia.
I’ll nominate Jirachi, which works like in the real version.
Job 123: Submit a Nintendo Assist Trophy
A male Villager from the Animal Crossing games.

I’ll nominate Villager, who would work like the Isabelle assist in For

Last edited:
Top Bottom