• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Smash@UWaterloo : A New Era ~

Sanu

Smash Champion
So I have to pick a complementary elective this term (Engineering) and I decided to choose something from list A to get that requirement over with. Out of the following, does anyone know which one is the easiest? lol

List A – Impact Courses
ANTH 102 Introduction to Social and Cultural Anthropology
ECE 390 Engineering Design, Economics, and Impact on Society
ERS 203 Environment and Development in a Global Perspective
ERS 215 Environment and Sustainability Assessment I
ERS 315 Environment and Sustainability Assessment II
GENE 22A Topics for List A Complementary Studies Courses Taken on Exchange by Engineering Students
GEOG 368 Conservation/Resource Management of the Built Environment
MSCI 422 Economic Impact of Technological Change and Entrepreneurship
MSCI 442 Impact of Information Systems on Organizations and Society
PHIL 226 Ethics and the Life Sciences
SCI 270 Nuclear Science
SOC 232 Technology and Social Change
STV 100 Society, Technology and Values: Introduction
STV 202 Design and Society
STV 203 Biotechnology and Society
STV 205 Cybernetics and Society
STV 302 Information Technology and Society
STV 404 Technology in Canadian Society
SYDE 261 Design, Systems, and Society
WS 205 Gender, Culture and Technology

I'm gearing towards "STV 100: Society, Technology and Values: Introduction" but it seems sort of lame... any other suggestions?

Vauss

Smash Cadet
If there's still room, I'd highly recommend SCI270. The SCI branch of courses are all bird courses. I skipped/slept through all of the astronomy lectures, studied about 20min for the final, and aced it easily. ANTH102 is easy too, but there's a decent amount of memorizing to do. If you're good at BSing your way through essays, PHIL226 could work too.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
I took STV 100 in my 1B term. It was pretty meh. Some of the material was kind of interesting but apparently the later STV courses are better.

A friend said that "STV 100 wasn't as engaging but it's less work. STV 302 was much more interesting but it was heavily discussion based so take that into consideration."

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
Out of the following, does anyone know which one is the easiest? lol
PHIL 226 Ethics and the Life Sciences
STV 100 Society, Technology and Values: Introduction
^These 2. All Philosophy courses are a complete joke compared to Math and Science (course I'm taking >_>). GL with whatever you take.

so im coming back to waterloo this september... entering third year after a long break!! guess ill be running these again! i've gotten a lot better too, should be fun to play you guys again :3!
Hype get.

Hype

Smash Lord
What do you guys think of Larry Smith's introductory Econ courses? So far I've seen really polarized opinions. Also, in Econ 101/102, do different classes write different exams? People on ratemyprof complain about Larry's tests being hard.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think of Larry Smith's introductory Econ courses? So far I've seen really polarized opinions. Also, in Econ 101/102, do different classes write different exams? People on ratemyprof complain about Larry's tests being hard.
All my friends who have taken Econ 101/102 with him have said that he was an amazing prof. I can't remember what they've said about his tests. I'll ask my housemate and see what he says.

Edit: My friend had this to say: "Not trivial, but not at all difficult. A 70 in the course is doable with a time investment of about one to two hours per exam."

EWC

Smash Ace
Oh cool Josh is commin back. Hype gotten. It's been too long man. I really look forward to getting to play you again. I've gotten better too, but I'm sure that I still have a lot to learn from you.

I would have loved to make that tourney, but I will be jumping out of an airplane on the same day, so no dice.

I guess I'll see you all in September... later

Edit: Actually it turns out that the skydiving thing is the day after, so I might be able to make it after all. I can't be sure, cuz my schedule is stupid right now, but I will try. If I do go, I'll probably have to leave early but whatever.

jpak

Smash Lord
Its very possible to get an 85 with some effort. Yes, all ECON 101/102 teachers have their own individual exams. His class is definitely more difficult than the rest. I know lots of people that just go to his lectures just to hear him speak because he really is an excellent lecturer.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
oops sorta forgot about checking this thread... my bad

apex was the **** lol i've gotten so much better too

my exams are next week, so after that i'm good to smash provided i can get the car

josh and i shall be your final bosses :laugh:

brian you gotta come over some day >_>

Sanu

Smash Champion
@jack: coolhat is coming to waterloo too this september, ruh roh!! can you say scene expansion? yay ^-^

Sanu

Smash Champion
i think my schedule allows for wednesday or thursday... give me a week or two in and i'll be able to judge accurately.

Sanu

Smash Champion
alright well everything else was full so I went for stv 100. whatever, bird course is birdish

seems like im free on monday (have one class in the morning only lol), wednesday after 12:30, and thursday after 4:30. anyone else know their schedules yet?

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
I'm on co-op on campus so pretty much after 5 every day is good for me. Unless I fail at doing PDEng on time or something week-specific, I'll be fine with any day.

Vauss

Smash Cadet
I've got an SD card with everything that's needed. Just make sure you've backed up any custom stages you have emotional attachments to.

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
Dang, apparently I'm now moving in on the 12th, day before classes start.

Guess I'll have to get some matches in during the school term ^^;

Skyline4lyf3

Smash Rookie
I'm moving in on the 6th, at uni/westmount. Message me if someone wants to brawl

Btw are you guys still doing weekly smash?

Sanu

Smash Champion
I'm not too sure of the current state of the KWC scene, but I don't think there is weekly smash happening as of late. I'm going to start hosting weekly events at RCH once school starts, but I'll be bringing two Melee setups only, so it's up to the Brawl players to bring tvs and consoles for Brawl.

Skyline4lyf3

Smash Rookie
Me and a friend can bring consoles for brawl easily, but I don't know about TV's.

Sanuzi, are you from gta?

Top Bottom