• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Smash@UWaterloo : A New Era ~

Sanu

Smash Champion
Yep, from GTA. TVs are usually the issue haha, you Brawlers gotta step it up!

Vauss

Smash Cadet
I'll cut you a deal, Josh. I've got a TV in my office that I can bring, but it only takes RF. I have an RF switch for my Cube, but not my Wii, so I bring that, and we get to swipe one of your TVs for Brawl-?

Sanu

Smash Champion
I'll cut you a deal, Josh. I've got a TV in my office that I can bring, but it only takes RF. I have an RF switch for my Cube, but not my Wii, so I bring that, and we get to swipe one of your TVs for Brawl-?
Yeah, that's fine. As long as you bring it, we can switch :)

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
yooo we better be playing this fall. I'm like right on Albert/University btw, moving in soonish and down to play (MELEE) whenever.

Skyline4lyf3

Smash Rookie
I'm free tuesday and thursday evenings too, let me know when you guys are down to play. As a newbie, i'm looking forward to playing you guys, it'll be nice to play someone other than cousins or level 9's :p

Vauss

Smash Cadet
Let's set up a smashfest next week before school starts? Maybe later in the week to give people time to move in and stuff

EWC

Smash Ace
I'm going to get back in Waterloo this thursday so if people wanna play melee on friday or this weekend before classes start I'm down.

Sanu

Smash Champion
im probably going to be moving into my place early this week, but i wont be staying there until the sunday before classes start. you guys have fun

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
yoooo

melee tuesday/wednesday/thursday/friday/saturday/sunday anyone? idc if it's just a couple people I wanna get in a lot of smash this week.

Cohen

Smash Apprentice
Haha, smashfest thingy was fun, I got destoryed but I totally love Brawl- any critizism is welcome on the regular brawl front. I'm sure Hype has lots (;

Vauss

Smash Cadet
Just keep in mind that it's still a work in progress. Several characters are getting totally redone for the next release

Executor

Smash Apprentice
you probably coulda recruited at frosh yesterday was the variety night but they canceled video games! O:
frosh events are boring so does anyone have melee so i can do that instead heh

Vauss

Smash Cadet
Funny story, UW Gamers was actually approached by the Math frosh people to "help" with setting up a videogame night. Which, in short, meant loaning them our stuff and not being allowed to be there with it while the frosh mangled our controllers and whatnot with their grubby little hands.

Anyways, I could go for more Smash tomorrow, any version. Anyone else?

Executor

Smash Apprentice
Funny story, UW Gamers was actually approached by the Math frosh people to "help" with setting up a videogame night. Which, in short, meant loaning them our stuff and not being allowed to be there with it while the frosh mangled our controllers and whatnot with their grubby little hands.

Anyways, I could go for more Smash tomorrow, any version. Anyone else?
hah then i can get why you wouldnt wanna get ur **** ****ed up by random frosh kids
especially the controllers :p

Flan

Smash Journeyman
lol darn, the brawlers are taking over! Just waiting on Josh to move back to town... :p

I'm working like Sunday, Wednesday?, and Saturday next week so I'm definately down for smash Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday. Melee is preferred but I'm still willing to play Brawl/Brawl- . Clarence keeps telling me B- is really good.

Mysteek

Smash Cadet
I may be able to play later-- 519 437 2526. I hope I've improved since I've last played you guys

Sanu

Smash Champion
Hey guys, just throwing this out there... In fact, I'm going to go through with this whether a majority of people are interested or not. Starting with the second weekend into the school term, I'm going to begin hosting biweekly melee tournaments every Saturday in RCH; the first one being September 25th. It will be $5 entry fee for singles and $10 entry fee for teams and will run from 10 amish until whenever people want to leave. I'll be supplying MINIMUM three tvs and two consoles, so it'll be up to the rest of the Melee community to step up and make this event work.

I will also be starting up a KWCG Melee power rankings upon completion of the first biweekly to promote friendly competition and inspire goals for improvement among the community. For this, we will need panelists... so please pm me if you think you should be a panelist and why, we need at least one from every region.

Brawl players are welcome as well, but the people from that community would be responsible for running their own tournament and supplying TVs to that extent. It would be most likely completely separate from Melee and in a different room.

Sound good? Good :)

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, just throwing this out there... In fact, I'm going to go through with this whether a majority of people are interested or not. Starting with the second weekend into the school term, I'm going to begin hosting biweekly melee tournaments every Saturday in RCH; the first one being September 25th. It will be $5 entry fee for singles and $10 entry fee for teams and will run from 10 amish until whenever people want to leave. I'll be supplying MINIMUM three tvs and two consoles, so it'll be up to the rest of the Melee community to step up and make this event work.

I will also be starting up a KWCG Melee power rankings upon completion of the first biweekly to promote friendly competition and inspire goals for improvement among the community. For this, we will need panelists... so please pm me if you think you should be a panelist and why, we need at least one from every region.

Brawl players are welcome as well, but the people from that community would be responsible for running their own tournament and supplying TVs to that extent. It would be most likely completely separate from Melee and in a different room.

Sound good? Good :)
If they're bi-weekly cut down the entrance fees to like 1/2$, other than that it sounds good.

Sanu

Smash Champion
haha biweeklies are typically $5 entry, why so cheap Canada?

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
also if we do these it would be so nice to be done at a reasonable time, cause if it's on a weekend I don't want to miss going out at night :)

Top Bottom