• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
is there any deal with sony that requires them to have KH 1 and 2 on their systems or what.

As they are porting some serious landmark games like FFVII to switch, what's the chances of some of the KH remasters coming to switch too later, because i'm 100% down for that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Vergeben seems very confident that a Minecraft stage is in the game, but doesn't seem confident that Steve is in, or doesn't have the info to confirm/deny it.
I find that really sketchy, if Steve's inclusion was being kept under wraps I don't think the stage would have been playtested either.
There is a possibility that none of his playtester sources had the chance to play as Steve though, K Rool wasn't leaked either.
I hope its that way. Steve has no place in Smash especially when Banjo-Kazooie are up there in the ballot and Sakurai is basing most of the newcomers off of that.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
To be fair, DH's adjusted render in Smash 4 had them facing each other.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
is there any deal with sony that requires them to have KH 1 and 2 on their systems or what.

As they are porting some serious landmark games like FFVII to switch, what's the chances of some of the KH remasters coming to switch too later, because i'm 100% down for that.
I can see them announcing the collections that the PS4 has alongside a Switch port announcement of KHIII, but not before then.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Vergeben seems very confident that a Minecraft stage is in the game, but doesn't seem confident that Steve is in, or doesn't have the info to confirm/deny it.
I find that really sketchy, if Steve's inclusion was being kept under wraps I don't think the stage would have been playtested either.
There is a possibility that none of his playtester sources had the chance to play as Steve though, K Rool wasn't leaked either.
I don't think he's even sure what it is, just that he's heard it's in, and that it's either a stage, an assist trophy, or/and a character.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yeah I'm honestly like 75% certain that Steve is in the game. It would be weird to have one of the most famous games of all time just get a stage and no Character.

Untouch

Smash Master
Smash 4's DHD render is just the dog, with all of the renders being based off the pictures on the site it wouldn't surprise me if its just the dog again.

edit: Actually I'm wrong, I was looking at a fake picture for some reason.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
I definitely find this curious, as well. I said this in the general thread right before I found this thread, but I'll say it one more time here: what gets me is that we see four characters taunting which, unless there's a debug option to make everyone stand next to each other and taunt or one person is frantically/awkwardly using four controllers at once, means that four people are currently playing the game and almost certainly have to be aware of the person taking the photo as it was probably the reason they all agreed to do their taunts together in the first place. That means we basically have an entire group of Nintendo employees conspiring to leak Ken, which is really something astounding.
This leak is 100% someone with a dev build who knows how to use it, which makes the whole thing especially jarring/weird.

With a dev build and knowledge of how it works you could position each character in that way. It's most likely how Nintendo's able to make such elaborate screenshots on their site and such.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
alongside a Switch port announcement of KHIII, but not before then.
Yeah, no.

If they can't get FF15 to work on Switch there is NO WAY KH3 is coming to it.

Still, I can see 1.5+2.5 Making it over.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
In the best world possible we get both Sora Erdrick and Geno in a Smash Bros x Square Enix x Disney collab.

But we're in the worst Timeline possible so there going to be one survivor and I decided to pick the dark horse

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Yeah I'm honestly like 75% certain that Steve is in the game. It would be weird to have one of the most famous games of all time just get a stage and no Character.
I'm not so sure; after all, Minecraft is famous for its world, not its characters. If any series is represented with only a stage, it would be a top contender, for sure.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Smash 4's DHD render is just the dog, with all of the renders being based off the pictures on the site it wouldn't surprise me if its just the dog again.

edit: Actually I'm wrong, I was looking at a fake picture for some reason.
On 3DS and in battle, yes.

On WiiU CSS, no. The Duck is there, but adjusted downward from the main render.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
That leak does look damn presentable. I could definitely see it being real and the way Vaanrose pointed out the polygons I'm inclined to believe that, yeah, this is the Ke we're getting. Who'da thunk it.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Or it was too late in development to add a Minecraft character and it's just getting a stage.

Arthur97

Smash Master
You do know that Ken is the father of fighting game clones right? If anything, he makes a lot more sense than shadow (Though shadow is a good #2).
Except Smash treats itself more like a party game. Besides, why should that even matter? The point of the game isn't fighting game history.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm not so sure; after all, Minecraft is famous for its world, not its characters. If any series is represented with only a stage, it would be a top contender, for sure.
Well there's also the factor that Minecraft is owned by on of the biggest companies in the world. Getting the rights to use Minecraft Stuff is probably expensive. Why go through all that for just a stage? It just doesn't seem right. You might as well go full on out and have a Character as well...

Shroob

Sup?
Except Smash treats itself more like a party game. Besides, why should that even matter? The point of the game isn't fighting game history.
You're right. It's 'gaming' history, and Ken is an incredibly important part of that.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
This leak is 100% someone with a dev build who knows how to use it, which makes the whole thing especially jarring/weird.

With a dev build and knowledge of how it works you could position each character in that way. It's most likely how Nintendo's able to make such elaborate screenshots on their site and such.
Now that is what I find fascinating! They could do anything with that.

In hindsight, I am curious about something. With that power to position characters and the environment around you, I wonder if some of the "hints" we see in the stages on the website ACTUALLY mean something. (Someone pointed out the Big Blue stage how the numbers on the cars add up to Black Shadow's Racer Number). EDIT: Or lack of Black Knight in the stage he was present in prior games.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So are we just waiting for the leak flood dam to break now?
Either it's all we will get.
Or Leaker will slowly but surely leak more in then course of days.

I hope he leak more, Ken is great, but C'mon...there is Maybe so much more to discover

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Seeing some people try to downplay Ken's significance lately now that we all know he's in has been really amusing.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much...

If that Stanley guy actually posts a video tomorrow I’d be quite surprised lol

Doubt it tho
For real Stanley guy has my number 1 roster, Geno, Rayman, Chorus Kids AND a wacky retro character? god sign me up.

If that guy doesn't at least deliver a good laugh or two, i'm outta here.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
As I was apparently mistaken in thinking making everyone gather and taunt probably wasn't a typical developer tool option, here's one other thing I'm uncertain of: I've seen some people talking about how playtesters may not have access to the entire roster, yet we know that as of June 2014 at the latest (three full months before the Japanese 3DS game's release) Ninka_kiwi's American playtester friend was definitely playing a build that featured the entire final roster of SSB3DS. So the question is, is that a rare exception and typically playtesters this close to release have special builds with only a portion of the characters included or is it in fact more common than others are giving it credit for as I'm inclined to believe?

D

Deleted member

By the way, is the Ken picture supposed to have some sort of debug mode or something? (hence all of the stuff on the bottom right)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
By the way, is the Ken picture supposed to have some sort of debug mode or something? (hence all of the stuff on the bottom right)
That’s what everyone is theorizing.

Hmm...if this is all the leaker’s gonna show us, what if the reason they only have access to Ken, is because this particular build doesn’t have say, Incineroar or any other newcomers or echoes?

Potato_

Smash Lord
That’s what everyone is theorizing.

Hmm...if this is all the leaker’s gonna show us, what if the reason they only have access to Ken, is because this particular build doesn’t have say, Incineroar or any other newcomers or echoes?
I saw someone speculate in the other thread that they only leaked Ken at first to make them look more believable, as more people would be inclined to give the leak a chance if it showed a character we all expected anyway. Now that we believe them they'll start showing the riskier stuff.

It's a good argument, only thing is how would we know that the next leak is from the same guy? Maybe from the difference in quality from the other image leaks I guess.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I saw someone speculate in the other thread that they only leaked Ken at first to make them look more believable, as more people would be inclined to give the leak a chance if it showed a character we all expected anyway. Now that we believe them they'll start showing the riskier stuff.

It's a good argument, only thing is how would we know that the next leak is from the same guy? Maybe from the difference in quality from the other image leaks I guess.
If it’s on 4chan he shoulda used a tripcode

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
If you are just trying to get attention, its best that you confess it right now or you are most likely gonna pay the consecuences for spreading false information here.

LandCube

Smash Rookie
Shroob listen I know Vergeben, and the Square Enix character he is talking about is Sora, he won't say it is Sora because he is concerned that the Geno fans (which are great in number) will not believe him and his credibility will get affected. Vergeben is just waiting for the right time to talk about Sora.

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
Shroob listen I know Vergeben, and the Square Enix character he is talking about is Sora, he won't say it is Sora because he is concerned that the Geno fans (which are great in number) will not believe him and his credibility will get affected. Vergeben is just waiting for the right time to talk about Sora.

Prove that you know Vreg

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Problem with this: Vergeben said "but if it isn't them," implying he doesn't want to give the name, because Smash fans would harass him to death.

Granted, that could mean Sora as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom