• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I don't care what incarnation he is, I would like to see Toad. He definitely seems to be a glaring omission, considering every other non-enemy recurring character from the platformers had shown up on the roster. I also would like to play as Waluigi though, but it would feel wrong to get him before Toad.
But knowing our luck well get ****ing Wart, Tatanga, and Boom Boom before getting either of them.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Remind me what any of this has to do with leaks.
Hell, remind me how we got to 159 pages with only one real leak?
(I'm counting Ken as a real leak, denying it at this point requires incredible amounts of skepticism in the face of overwhelming evidence)

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I think it's important to realize that the game hasn't quite gone gold yet. We've heard that Sakurai won't think about DLC until the base game is finished.

Vergeben has been hearing about Minecraft content since May and a Square Enix character since August (?). I could be wrong about what I'm thinking, but this stuff might be in the base game.

Still predicting only Ken and Incineroar though so I don't get my hopes up and be disappointed with a 76 character roster.

I feel like some of what Sakurai says is purely PR. Nintendo/Bamco surely has the DLC list already made, it's just the work hasn't started on them yet, or it's possible they already have, but it's separate from finishing the current game.

We have to remember that this does in fact happen, or we wont see our first DLC character for 6 months to a year, which is how long most of these characters take to create.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Yeah that's what I'm driving at. I think he could be a great character and he definitely has the popularity and history behind him at this point. I just think it's MORE in keeping with Waluigi's identity and role within Nintendo if he is shut out of the roster and getting his own games forever. People THINK they want Waluigi, but the self-loathing and bitterness are really at the core of his character imo, so the moment he gets recognized he stops being interesting as far as I'm concerned. It's way funnier to watch as more and more niche Mario characters keep joining the Smash roster while Waluigi sits on the sidelines.
I mean, I've been a long time fan of Waluigi as well. I've loved the character since childhood. As much as I am a dirty meme-lover, my support isn't ironic... I get it fits with the character, but I'd be genuinely upset if he wasn't included in the next Smash. I've been supporting the guy since Melee.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think the leaks are beginning to line up... if all the sources add up.

Steve from Minecraft, Ken, Incineroar, either Geno or Sora (I would lean towards Sora because Sora = $$$)... that's 4 characters more, 78 total on cartridge. That sounds good if true.

If not then we're still probably due roughly that number. I think 78-82 is the character range for the pre-release total roster reveal size personally (this includes DLC fighters confirmed before the game launches).

Since Ken is basically confirmed off the image leak that gives us 75 characters, and we all know a Gen 7 Pokémon was coming via using basic logic anyways to give us 76. 77 characters being the total wouldn't shock me though.
We've all been there
Just don't get your actual dates mixed up.

Make sure you got the name/face pattern recognized when juggling them at say a party! :laugh:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m really curious how the “big leak” of this (like ERSB) will happen and what it will contain.

It could come at any moment now which is exciting. I wonder if we’ll see something totally left field or all these “leaks” will actually have the right listnof characters

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I feel like some of what Sakurai says is purely PR. Nintendo/Bamco surely has the DLC list already made, it's just the work hasn't started on them yet, or it's possible they already have, but it's separate from finishing the current game.

We have to remember that this does in fact happen, or we wont see our first DLC character for 6 months to a year, which is how long most of these characters take to create.
Smash Wii U came out at the end of November and we got Mewtwo in mid-April.

I would personally expect DLC around mid April to mid May, possibly a DLC character revealed pre-release or maybe at the start of the year.

Also not ruling out the announcement of a season either. I imagine Year 1 of DLC is being planned out right now by some folks with it becoming the main priority (along with post-gold bug testing) once Ultimate goes gold.

I would expect, however, the DLC to be hard to leak regardless.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
I mean, I've been a long time fan of Waluigi as well. I've loved the character since childhood. As much as I am a dirty meme-lover, my support isn't ironic... I get it fits with the character, but I'd be genuinely upset if he wasn't included in the next Smash. I've been supporting the guy since Melee.
I feel you on that. I was there for his original appearance in Mario Tennis 64 and he's basically my main for any game I can select him. If he was in Smash, I'd welcome him with open arms. I'm just saying I can see the logic in Nintendo keeping him away, and I do wonder if it would be a bit of a Monkey's Paw kind of wish come true because we would lose the ability to meme forever, lol.

Back on topic with leaks, when do we think the final info dump will be? I want to believe the argument that we'll know everything in October so that Nintendo can market the full roster throughout November. I want to add to that argument that review copies will probably start being sent out in mid- to late November, at which point leaks will be inevitable. Regardless of how many characters we have left, I would really just rather know, and preferably from Nintendo themselves. We already had Ken spoiled, but he's not really much of a surprise anyway. If it truly is only Incineroar left, I'll be doubly disappointed just because he's the one we're all expecting and I have no real attachment to that generation of Pokemon.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Smash Wii U came out at the end of November and we got Mewtwo in mid-April.

I would personally expect DLC around mid April to mid May, possibly a DLC character revealed pre-release or maybe at the start of the year.

Also not ruling out the announcement of a season either. I imagine Year 1 of DLC is being planned out right now by some folks with it becoming the main priority (along with post-gold bug testing) once Ultimate goes gold.

I would expect, however, the DLC to be hard to leak regardless.
Unless Nintendo messes up like with ryu and roy, DLC probably won’t leak

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I’m really curious how the “big leak” of this (like ERSB) will happen and what it will contain.

It could come at any moment now which is exciting. I wonder if we’ll see something totally left field or all these “leaks” will actually have the right listnof characters
I mean... with Vergeben and Hitagi and their information lining up.... this might be it (For the base roster).

For DLC? Who knows. Hopefully the devs aren't stupid and don't let something get data mined early again (that lost Roy/Ryu shock was RIP). None of the DLC characters leaked otherwise for Smash 4 if my memory serves me correctly.
Unless Nintendo messes up like with ryu and roy, DLC probably won’t leak
Yeah that's why you don't put out the notes for new patches early Nintendo. Glad they did not do that with Corrin and Bayonetta (honestly I loved those two additions to death; Corrin is my favorite non-clone newcomer to play in Smash 4).

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord

Wasnt the ESRB leak within a week of the release of the 3ds version?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Haven't done some speculation in quite a while because of work, so I'm just gonna try to freshen my mind with some of the latest stuff. Could help with some people who stick to things that can't happen too :p

First off, Sakurai's latest Famitsu column outright deconfirms Blog Theory, imo. I mean, the theory is basically saying we'll get more fighters (7 or 8) in the next two months than we had in the last two months (6, 5 being from the Smash Direct), which is quite literally the opposite of Sakurai's statement in his Famitsu column of wanting to slow down the pace of newcomer reveals.

Then, Music Theory is also in shambles right now. We got a Pokemon song this week, yet the most credible leakers such as Vergeben still insist on Incineroar being added in the playable roster. Given that the current speculation season had a lot of patterns and theories being outright broken, such as people dying on each trailer or Ridley being the only fan-pleasing newcomer, I could see Music Theory be another one of those things.

Right now, Box Theory is the only one that's still relevant. It fits Sakurai statement of wanting to slow down on reveals since it only implies we'd get two more, and it's overally pretty safe; one Echo and one newcomer. It also fits with the claims of Vergeben, our most credible leaker, so it's got a lot more going for it than the other theories ever did. Do I personally believe it? No. But it's really the only one of the theories people made out of the official website that still works.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Haven't done some speculation in quite a while because of work, so I'm just gonna try to freshen my mind with some of the latest stuff. Could help with some people who stick to things that can't happen too :p

First off, Sakurai's latest Famitsu column outright deconfirms Blog Theory, imo. I mean, the theory is basically saying we'll get more fighters (7 or 8) in the next two months than we had in the last two months (6, 5 being from the Smash Direct), which is quite literally the opposite of Sakurai's statement in his Famitsu column of wanting to slow down the pace of newcomer reveals.

Then, Music Theory is also in shambles right now. We got a Pokemon song this week, yet the most credible leakers such as Vergeben still insist on Incineroar being added in the playable roster. Given that the current speculation season had a lot of patterns and theories being outright broken, such as people dying on each trailer or Ridley being the only fan-pleasing newcomer, I could see Music Theory be another one of those things.

Right now, Box Theory is the only one that's still relevant. It fits Sakurai statement of wanting to slow down on reveals since it only implies we'd get two more, and it's overally pretty safe; one Echo and one newcomer. It also fits with the claims of Vergeben, our most credible leaker, so it's got a lot more going for it than the other theories ever did. Do I personally believe it? No. But it's really the only one of the theories people made out of the official website that still works.
These "Theories" (generally they more fit under the category of "hypothesis") aren't really what people go off for being right about speculation or leaks.

Generally you have to follow the leakers. And the leakers are leading us in a way that is different than what any of these concepts people have made are saying we will get.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord

Considering the holy war of theories there was, me being part of that problem I am sure, I think you just reopened Pandora's Box Theory.

I'll let myself out...

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
These "Theories" (generally they more fit under the category of "hypothesis") aren't really what people go off for being right about speculation or leaks.

Generally you have to follow the leakers. And the leakers are leading us in a way that is different than what any of these concepts people have made are saying we will get.
Either way, I'm betting we'll get 3 or 4 more characters for base game.

It's a nice number that gives us a few more fighters while still being a toned down version of the last few months.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Still feeling very confident in a RH character despite the theories and leaks

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Either way, I'm betting we'll get 3 or 4 more characters for base game.

It's a nice number that gives us a few more fighters while still being a toned down version of the last few months.
I mean we already got Ken leaked. 2 or 3 more sounds like the bare minimum. Expecting more than 8 more characters though is crazy.
Considering the holy war of theories there was, me being part of that problem I am sure, I think you just reopened Pandora's Box Theory.

I'll let myself out...
I mean I always thought the box theory was nonsense. 2 more characters is just too few for this point in development, especially since we now know Ken is coming. So it's basically dead.

And now the Music Theory just died since we know we are getting a new Pokémon newcomer.

And the Blog theory... never really had any foundation. It could be right, but the blog aspect of it legit makes no sense.

Add the Square Enix character news and that's too many for the box art theory. Throw in Steve and it's even more real. Throw in Shadow (an obvious roster addition seemingly) and yeah...

...the Trinity of bad theories seem dead.

Shroob

Sup?
The max I'm willing to bet on is 5, with two of them being Echoes, and one being DLC.

That lets the website fill out the row with Isabelle and another row.

However, I think at least 1 of these 5 will be DLC. My prediction is pretty simple:

Incineroar > Double Echo reveal, one being Ken > 3rd Party IP > First DLC character announced.

Last edited:

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
So why does this thread say spoilers? Are these spoilers
No actually. The fact until Ridley's reveal that he and Waluigi were constantly requested for years.
I don't think their situations are comparable. Sakurai had creative difficulties with Ridley. Waluigi on the other hand is a different story. I believe Nintendo deliberately gives Waluigi the short end of the stick and Sakurai is in on it. Goomba will be playable before Waluigi. lol I'm not even joking. I don't think Waluigi will ever be a playable fighter in any future smash game.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Another easy fake.

Laughed at the guy who called TMNT though lol.

"That's Inkling *******"
You're a kid, you're a squid, you're a teenage mutant ninja turtle.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Dear Smashers,

We have decided to close this thread. This decision was reached after much discussion between the staff.

This thread was originally made with the intention of discussing leaks that some users did not want to see in the General Discussion thread due to spoilers. However, this thread has basically just turned into another Ultimate discussion thread.

Furthermore, it has attracted many troll accounts made for the sole reason of posting fake leaks and other trollish behavior. Which, of course, is not ok. All further Ultimate discussion should be had in the Smash Ultimate General Discussion thread.

I would hope that for the sake of the few that do not wish to see probable leaks and have reveals ruined, that you will put credible leaks in spoilers ([spoiler]Text[/spoiler]).

Since there was some good conversation here, I will lock this thread but keep it visible to those people who still wish to read and refer to it.

Lastly, I apologize for any confusion or negativity this may cause you and invite you to PM me if you have any issues.

Have a good weekend.

Best wishes,
Cyn

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom