• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't play Granblue- do you mind explaining why that's weird?
Would be good to know

Agreed.
I'm expecting a sort of bomb soon...
Like I said, it'd be akin to Marth being shunned for Jaegen in Melee.

Katalina is your first real party member, but that's 'all' she is. She plays a big role in the game's plot, but she's a secondary character.

Like, the only reason I can assume she'd be in over anyone else is she seems to be the main character of the PS4 exclusive Granblue game by Platinum, but that seems odd to promote a game not coming to the Switch.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I legitimately expect to wake up tomorrow and find out that another character was leaked by the same dude who posted the Ken pic. I can feel the oncoming storm.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
I can find the original post, but it's worth noting that the steve/granblue guy also talked about and listed the specs of the Switch Pro.

Which yeah, to me that makes it sound like you have both real info mixed with bull****.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
The Steve CSS screenshot floating around has the end of the CSS rows as Snake, Villager, Duck Hunt, and Random.

This suggests a 6x12 grid. With only 12 spaces in the bottom row and 9 left of Isabelle, there is no room for Ken.

The creator of this fake CSS image did not include Ken, as Ken was only leaked today. GG.
I'd bet good money on a final 6x13 grid.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
how accurate do you think vergeban / etc. are?

ESRB, as in 100% or Gematsu as in 50%
I’d say 75-80%. A little more accurate than Gematsu but doesn’t have absolutely everything like the ESRB leak did

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ken Leak is without a doubt real. Any attempts to kill it have only made it stronger.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I hope so... could use something more exciting.
Do you mean like an ESRB leak 2.0?
Wonder if this will prompt them to try to beat the leaks by revealing the rest of the characters officially at some point in the near future™

Like I said, it'd be akin to Marth being shunned for Jaegen in Melee.

Katalina is your first real party member, but that's 'all' she is. She plays a big role in the game's plot, but she's a secondary character.

Like, the only reason I can assume she'd be in over anyone else is she seems to be the main character of the PS4 exclusive Granblue game by Platinum, but that seems odd to promote a game not coming to the Switch.
Oh, gotcha.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how are they going to deal with Ken. Dude has been luigified to the point he doesn't even share most of his normals with Ryu anymore, and he definitely doesn't have Ryu's Collarbone Breaker and Joudan.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Oh here we go. Does this recent ken leak have a name we can refer to other than "Ken leak"?

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Does this Ken leaker have access to the whole roster, or just an incomplete one? Could his build have the latter because of reasons of secrecy or testing certain scenarios for specific characters??

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Well considering I mainly go to the general thread to keep up on potential leaks, I guess I'll just stay here. It'll be nice to have this all condensed.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Gonna be straight with you, chief.

As someone who is an actual Granblue Fanatic, Cygames choosing Katalina of all characters isn't just bizarre, it's just.....no?

That'd be like if Jaegen got in over Marth.
i know jack about Granblue, so please enlighten me... isn't katalina teh protagonist of that high profile ps4 game too?

(it would be a shame cause i adored teh design)

Shroob

Sup?
i know jack about Granblue, so please enlighten me... isn't katalina teh protagonist of that high profile ps4 game too?

(it would be a shame cause i adored teh design)
We honestly don't really know.

Platinum and Cygames have given us one gameplay trailer.

It 'seems' that way, but there was also artwork floating around of a not!Djeeta who looked like she could be the protagonist as well.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If Steve gets in I hope it's stylized like "Steve?"
Gotta give Xander a reason to actually say a name like that for once.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
how accurate do you think vergeban / etc. are?

ESRB, as in 100% or Gematsu as in 50%
Vergeben is sitting around an 85 or 90% for me right now and the Ken leak is like 98 - 99%.
Vergeben is lower because some information could be wrong/old, akin to Gematsu's leak for Smash Wii U & 3DS. I know the dude has real information, that's blatantly obvious, the question is will all of it end up being true (like the Square Enix fighter for example, if they are ever even named.)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
-107 users viewing this thread, 100 guests.

Holy **** its good to be back.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Team Real for me.

Now leaker guy, can you tell me if Ken's Stage is in too? :p

I wish, anyway

barleyy

Smash Rookie

Hopefully this is the right place to post. Messed with the levels/color. I think it's legit.

Put it on a neutral background so it's easier to tell!

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Welp, been a well, since I've seen this. Hello again! About that Ken leak. I'm boggled as to WHY someone would go to the trouble of leaking this if they didn't have some kind of follow-up. Ken seems like an obvious choice.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I just realized. If this is legit, will this be our first Smash Ultimate Photo Leak invloving characters that actually came true?

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
This will be just like good ol' times. just hopefully without the toxicity
Though I think it's more of a waiting game until new pics show up.
It's funny, everyone seems to always reflect on the old leaks thread as being "cancerous" and such, but I don't recall much of any toxicity, myself. I don't even recall that much heated debate between users over the veracity of any leaks, at worst just stuff like "that leak's too good to be true, don't get your hopes up." Anyone care to help me understand what was so bad about it while we look forward to the next leak?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So has anything else been floating around besides Ken leak (personally 50/50 on it, it's really good but that Pichu stuff up I just don't see ever being part of the build)

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Wow, for the first time since the ESRB leak, I genuinely believe that a leak is 100% real. I wonder how long it will take the Nintendo Ninjas to smite this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom