• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
the real question is.... how long till we reach the 1000 pages?.... probably till monday XD

Googled her, and she seems to be more inspired in fates Jeanne D'Arc with her "mini skirt plate mail" While katalina still have the "full experience plate mail" DX
When i was asking abouit avatars... is mostly regarding if the player can modify them to be anything? or they are fixed? (with probably some extra armor sets)
Fixed, they're based on classes, so whatever class you use, you'll be using that skin.

Classes of different tiers though like Fighter > Warrior > Berserker can use different skins in the class chain though.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I feel like Ken is probably all we're going to get from this particular Leaker.

I dunno, I just feel like if they had more to show, they would have shown it. The pic being in Dev mode gives me the vibe this was either taken very early in development and the person has been sitting on this awhile, or that this was the only chance they had to get anything...

That being said, that's all I expect from THIS leaker. If he got something like this, I imagine there are others in a similar boat.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So... who's he gonna leak next? The obvious missing piece in Incineroar, or will he debunk the box theory with a curveball? Find out next time on 4chan Z.
What if he leaked Steve? The internet would instantly call it fake because they didn't want him. lol

Potato_

Smash Lord
So I'm going to assume this is the new place to be over the General discussion if you want leak stuff.

You know who else's shading/texture looks/looked off?
Yeah. If anything the odd shading is another point in this one's favor.
Not to mention we've seen character renders/models get updated from version to version. This along with the belief that the Ken picture is from an early build makes me believe in it more.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Ken is probably all we're going to get from this particular Leaker.

I dunno, I just feel like if they had more to show, they would have shown it. The pic being in Dev mode gives me the vibe this was either taken very early in development and the person has been sitting on this awhile, or that this was the only chance they had to get anything...

That being said, that's all I expect from THIS leaker. If he got something like this, I imagine there are others in a similar boat.
I can see this happening. People wouldn't risk their job over leaking someone as obvious as Ken.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I just realized that both Smash and Pokemon leaked today...
Jeee...I wonder how Nintendo must be reacting

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Sweating profusely and possibly getting videos ready to show off.

I wouldn't doubt that they would be putting something together in the next couple of weeks to try and beat the leaks.

So if a Smash Direct was scheduled for later, they may be speeding things up. Who knows?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hopefully with "Gotta reveal the rest of it, gotta beat the leaks"

At least for Smash

Dunno about Pokemon but damn I love what the leaked Pokemon was

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I do wonder how these leaks even happen to begin with? Pardon my ignorance.
There's a few ways things like this can happen, it's tough time say for sure.

A friend who does work for the big N shares insider information to a friend that betrays their trust, bitterness towards their job, certain channels we'll never understand or see, or even just wanting to stir the pot thinking they can't get caught.

Humans are mischievous by nature.

Shroob

Sup?

My only 'guess' as to why Katalina would be DLC is that she appears to be the main character of Project Re:Link, Cygame's and Platinum Game's PS4 title, but that seems like it'd be advertising for a competing system, since it's not slated for Switch.

Is that 5% share of stock Nintendo owns good enough of a reason to justify it?

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

My only 'guess' as to why Katalina would be DLC is that she appears to be the main character of Project Re:Link, Cygame's and Platinum Game's PS4 title, but that seems like it'd be advertising for a competing system, since it's not slated for Switch.

Well Sakurai did help advertise MGS4, with certain aspects in Brawl, so it wouldn't be entirely out of left field.

Also thanks to everyone who told me what was up ^^

Untouch

Smash Master

Cygames is making a game FOR Nintendo. It'd make no sense that they'd advertise a rival company's game when they have their own game to advertise.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings

Heck, the only thing they even said was that they were "in talks" together over it. Nothing even definitive from a suspect source.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Cygames is codeveloping Dragalia Lost with Nintendo so it's not out of the possibility

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Man that looks fuuuuuuuun.

Platinum backing it is never a bad thing.

...Well, ALMOST never a bad thing.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I think that whether the Ken leak is real, or (somehow) fake, it makes sense that whoever shared this has nothing else to share. If real, maybe they didn't have time to snag much else, though I think that's somewhat unlikely given the fighters are pretty well-posed. Or maybe they got caught. If fake, well, perhaps they realize they should quit while they're ahead rather than risk messing up in future fakes.

Shroob

Sup?
Cygames is making a game FOR Nintendo. It'd make no sense that they'd advertise a rival company's game when they have their own game to advertise.
That's what I feel, but the 'leaker' is saying that Katalina is the one being considered.

That, and, even without Re:Link, Granblue is huge on its own in Japan.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Curious, do we know if anyone dataminers have a hold of the demo?

I'd imagine it would be stripped clean of any evidence or if this was discussed before.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
The Ken leak seems definitely real. I'm not hoping for more leaks, but I am excited to see whatever pops up.

Here's to a fun leak thread! :chuckle:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
If this was the real roster he wouldn't be posting it as Nintendo would had fired him or forced him to delete that post.
Oh, don't worry, I don't really believe it, but I thought I'd entertain the idea. I'd love to see Sora get in, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

barleyy

Smash Rookie
I feel like the Steve pic is fake because of the weird way they handled Duck Hunt. Seems like both the Duck & Dog would be facing the same direction in the actual image. Also, weird to have the "DUCK HUNT" text covering the Dog's mouth.

Quick mockup of how I'd imagine it'd look:

Who knows!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Ahahaha...
Suddenly so many fake leaks mentioning Sora the past weeks. It's always great to see!
Aha

sigh

Untouch

Smash Master
Vergeben seems very confident that a Minecraft stage is in the game, but doesn't seem confident that Steve is in, or doesn't have the info to confirm/deny it.
I find that really sketchy, if Steve's inclusion was being kept under wraps I don't think the stage would have been playtested either.
There is a possibility that none of his playtester sources had the chance to play as Steve though, K Rool wasn't leaked either.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Ahahaha...
Suddenly so many fake leaks mentioning Sora the past weeks. It's always great to see!
Aha

sigh
As a Skull Kid fan, I know the feeling.

At least the legit leakers are giving Sora a chance with the whole SE character debacle.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
If real, maybe they didn't have time to snag much else, though I think that's somewhat unlikely given the fighters are pretty well-posed.
I definitely find this curious, as well. I said this in the general thread right before I found this thread, but I'll say it one more time here: what gets me is that we see four characters taunting which, unless there's a debug option to make everyone stand next to each other and taunt or one person is frantically/awkwardly using four controllers at once, means that four people are currently playing the game and almost certainly have to be aware of the person taking the photo as it was probably the reason they all agreed to do their taunts together in the first place. That means we basically have an entire group of Nintendo employees conspiring to leak Ken, which is really something astounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom