• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
woah I go to take a bath and everyone has torches and pitchforks out

and someone said not to reply to the dude and everyone is still doing it

incredible

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Why is there a spike of Sora being in Smash this week? I have never heard anything of Sora being in up until recently. Couple of people even lock Sora as a second SE rep, why is that?

Is it because of the director tweeting that he would like Sora to be in Smash? If so, then that is NOT a good evidence.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
While I'll hold the L, I refuse to believe we're getting more than two characters revealed for the base roster. If Sora is in the base roster, then either Incineroar is in and Ken is out, or vice versa.
I don't think I'd go that far.
After all, Verge said there is an SE character and he, and other "credible" leakers, never actually mentioned any of the Echo Fighters.
(Or K. Rool, but I think that's really up to debate.)
So I wouldn't say that those are the only characters we have left.
But at the same time, I think the max amount of unique newcomers we're getting are four.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
woah I go to take a bath and everyone has torches and pitchforks out

and someone said not to reply to the dude and everyone is still doing it

incredible
We can't help it. Hecklers get heckled in return!

EDIT: Poor choice of words. Ahem...we like heckling trolls. :)

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Why is there a spike of Sora being in Smash this week? I have never heard anything of Sora being in up until recently. Couple of people even lock Sora as a second SE rep, why is that?

Is it because of the director tweeting that he would like Sora to be in Smash? If so, then that is NOT a good evidence.
Kingdom Hearts is on people's minds because of the recent trailer for the game?

Uffe

Smash Hero
Does anybody else feel that Ken's lighting on his model is off? Like really off?
Particularly around his right leg. There is lighting on both sides of it. The image itself looks like it was copy and pasted, and this isn't the first time someone has gone great lengths to fake a leak.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Why is there a spike of Sora being in Smash this week? I have never heard anything of Sora until recently.

Smash speculation is like whackamole. Characters are always there, but some sort of small "clue" will cause a character to flare up for a while until the new hotness comes along and we start the cycle all over.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
We can't help it. Hecklers get heckled in return!

That's probably it. I agree with it being insufficient evidence.
Though I hope Sora gets like... a cool getup or something for being in the "Smash World" or some weird bull**** like that
Like, with a Smash Keyblade and all. Smash logo instead of Mickey's head as the keychain.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I guess... But itseems to be an older pic... They likely had time to touch it up...
Possibly one of the earliest builds to his character. Perhaps testing the lighting of the character to the environment. Not quite sure.
What about the fact that Pichu's render unnecessarily-cropped in a way that Smash Ultimate doesn't do? Also isn't Ken's portrait too faded out? Yeah i know that is possible in Smash but not to the point of having to use contrast in order to even see a dim of the render.

I know i sound like im interrogating but im not exactly on board with this image and yes the image has a lot of detail in many areas, but if WE could notice and analyze all of this detail what are the chances of the "hoaxer/leaker" doing the same thing? If some random users in forums can notice all of these details in the game itself, wouldn't that mean that it's statistically more likely that someone who is actually attempting to do a convincing hoax will notice all of this too?

and Lastly, why would Ken be so outdated up to the point of beign off-looking?. I could believe that argument if the character was a full-on newcomer (like Geno or Isaac) but NOT an echo fighter, who are much more easier and faster to do (he looks worse that Richter, for instance) and therefore it's much less likely for him to look so off (and by off i don't mean ugly like in SFV, i mean unfinished like in the image we are seeing)

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Ok, so here are my thoughts on this Ken leak, I think that it's real due to the few facts that this is legit:

1. There are no images of Maroy Tower being covered by inks.

2. According to that menu near Pacman, I believe that it would be debug menu

3. there are few evidences that support this image as legit like, shadow bug (You know, pacman's shadow is almost gone)

In the conclusion, there's no way to disprove that this is fake. I'll take it with grain of salt if this guy appears in any known leaks like, verge's leak

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
After Cloud in 2015 I don't think I can argue anyone getting into Smash at this point. That being said, I get excited about every new character revealed, even if they're not someone I'm going to actively play as. If this Prima stuff is true, I'll have gotten one of my most wanted, and that's enough to leave me smiling.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Sora can't be the square rep as he'd be a Disney rep.

But that being neither here nor there, I keep seeing people reference a CSS leak with Minecraft Steve on it.

Anyone have a source or link to that screenshot? I can't find it anywhere.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
I hear that. Its kind of refreshing not having the box creeping up on you 24/7.
What does Snake have to do with this?

Sora can't be the square rep as he'd be a Disney rep.

But that being neither here nor there, I keep seeing people reference a CSS leak with Minecraft Steve on it.

Anyone have a source or link to that screenshot? I can't find it anywhere.
Don't bother. Head clips on the CSS grid and the name isn't even centered correctly. And these are just the minor picks. Was posted on the other thread before this one was made, I think.

Shroob

Sup?
Like, I want to sit here and say that the Ken leak is 100% legit, but there's just something nagging on the back of my mind.

The Palutena leak.

Yeah, I think this is 99% legit, but that 1% is killing me.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
What about the fact that Pichu's render unnecessarily-cropped in a way that Smash Ultimate doesn't do? Also isn't Ken's portrait too faded out? Yeah i know that is possible in Smash but not to the point of having to use contrast in order to even see a dim of the render.

I know i sound like im interrogating but im not exactly on board with this image and yes the image has a lot of detail in many areas, but if WE could notice and analyze all of this detail what are the chances of the "hoaxer/leaker" doing the same thing? If some random users in forums can notice all of these details in the game itself, wouldn't that mean that it's statistically more likely that someone who is actually attempting to do a convincing hoax will notice all of this too?

and Lastly, why would Ken be so outdated up to the point of beign off-looking?. I could believe that argument if the character was a full-on newcomer (like Geno or Isaac) but NOT an echo fighter, who are much more easier and faster to do (he looks worse that Richter, for instance) and therefore it's much less likely for him to look so off (and by off i don't mean ugly like in SFV, i mean unfinished like in the image we are seeing)
Then do explain why Chrom looks so off.
Ken's portrait is not too faded out. It's possible as you've said.

I ask again. Why would someone fake a leak of KEN?

TVDart

Smash Apprentice

The fading out is something that happens in Smash 4 if for whatever reason a character is covered up by the render, it fades out to show you them. The Pichu render there is not only cropped differently, but is actually a slightly different render when compared. If this is legit, then this is a different build of the game using an outdated render for him. The cropping of renders in the bottom screen has been inconsistent between builds (Ridley at E3 vs Ridley during the Chrom/Lucina/Dark Samus match), so that's something that can easily change. It's possible that Ken model is unfinished if this is the case.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I know i sound like im interrogating but im not exactly on board with this image...
This is good that you're asking questions, because most people here who have said this is legit haven't actually given any reasons as to why. I'm all for Ken being in Sma5h, but as you stated, his color does look faded in comparison to the others, especially since so far what I've seen with Sma5h, every other character comes off as more vibrant.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I’d rather Sora not be in Smash at all because of my dislike of KH and Disney, but if he does make it hope he’s DLC so I don’t have to buy him.

I’m team real for the Ken leak right now, there’s too much going for it to be worth faking at this point, especially given it’s a character everybody saw coming.

I’m still waiting for solid proof on whether the Prima leak is a sham or not honestly.

Also first post, hello friends.

Last edited:

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511

Ken's portrait is faded because Pac-Man was behind it. The HUD always dims for characters, sometimes to the point of invisibility.

Pichu's render being cropped is a glitch/inconsistency that other builds have had.

We only noticed those things because we were specifically looking for microdetails to discredit the leak. There are far too many obscure details to write it off as a cheap fake. Like how the feet clip, how shadows are selectively rendered, how Pichu's portrait is an older asset that's not readily available, or how the stage doesn't have any ink on it. Heck, users have pointed out that Ken's gi has a similar polygon count to Ryu's.

And your last point, that's probably because it is unfinished. Ken isn't meant to be seen yet. It's probably still a rough working model, not yet ready for touchups. We don't know what build this is from or how far along it is. It's perfectly feasible to suggest that Ken is in an unpolished state. I mean, look at Chrom. He's still wonk as hell.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
I’d rather Sora not be in Smash at all because of my dislike of KH and Disney, but if he does make it hope he’s DLC so I don’t have to buy him.

I’m team real for the Ken leak right now, there’s too much going for it to be worth faking at this point, especially given it’s a character everybody saw coming.

I’m still waiting for solid proof on whether the Prima leak is a sham or not honestly.

Also first post, hello friends.
Welcome! Also, while I'm not completely against Sora, I feel that he may introduce more Disney than I am comfortable with...

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
The fading out is something that happens in Smash 4 if for whatever reason a character is covered up by the render, it fades out to show you them. The Pichu render there is not only cropped differently, but is actually a slightly different render when compared. If this is legit, then this is a different build of the game using an outdated render for him. The cropping of renders in the bottom screen has been inconsistent between builds (Ridley at E3 vs Ridley during the Chrom/Lucina/Dark Samus match), so that's something that can easily change. It's possible that Ken model is unfinished if this is the case.
Also to clarify, this is the render comparison between the official one and the one in this leak.
Surprisingly different.

Chrono.

Like, I want to sit here and say that the Ken leak is 100% legit, but there's just something nagging on the back of my mind.

The Palutena leak.

Palutena leak was good but it had much less going on than this Ken leak.

CpC9YOh.jpg

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
By next Wednesday, I will show video proof of Ken, Incineroar, and Sora in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and the new stages too.
View attachment 166004

The Palutena leak.

For what it's worth, the Ken leak has more in it's favor than the Palutena leak. Palutena leak was just "we don't know where that model came from, nor do any similar pictures exist." Ken leak has character icons, stage clipping, actual indicators of a debug/test build, etc.

Either way we're getting Ken, so what does it matter?

EDIT: Okay wow Chrono. Chrono. I see what's going on. You think you're :ultgreninja: or something huh?

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
This is good that you're asking questions, because most people here who have said this is legit haven't actually given any reasons as to why. I'm all for Ken being in Sma5h, but as you stated, his color does look faded in comparison to the others, especially since so far what I've seen with Sma5h, every other character comes off as more vibrant.
Are you talking about skin color, or overall color?
Because if we're talking about skin, especially lighter tones, it's a widespread issue amongst the cast of human characters.
Like look at ZSS, Bayonetta, Chrom, and I think even Simon suffers from it.
They all come off as extremely pale and faded.
In terms of color alone, characters like Pikachu and Lucina don't come off as vibrant given their washed out pallets.
They are much more vibrant in their Smash 4 incarnations than in here. This may be due to the lighting engine in this game, but it's an observation that's clear amongst the majority of veterans.

If anything, I feel it solidifies the picture as most characters suffer from that problem.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah, I know, I just.... can't say with 100% certainty until we see 'more'.
Tomorrow may be a very glorious day.

It could also end up being very anticlimactic or tense with everyone here already ready to... pop, so to speak.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607

It could also end up being very anticlimactic or tense with everyone here already ready to... pop, so to speak.
Also, I think I may be a bit out of the loop.... what's so special about tomorrow?

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511

The Palutena leak.

The thing about this leak is that it's not really the model itself that proves anything. We've had people fake entire stages for bogus leaks. What really makes the case for this image is all of the tiny little details that nobody in their right mind would ever notice. Heck, most of them are things we never even thought about before having to meticulously pick this thing apart.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

Agreed. Tomorrow (IF anything happens) is gonna be wild. It feels to soon for anything big to be leaked. I forget, was it roughly a month before the 3ds released that ESRB leaked?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Being an echo has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the model. Richter takes the same amount of time to model that Simon does.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Also, I think I may be a bit out of the loop.... what's so special about tomorrow?
Nothing in particular. Just another 24 hours that may or may not contain a follow up to today, or any news in general.

My point was each day from now on will probably end up being tense until we get another image or something that people can't find an issue with, and it wouldn't be weird if our Ken leaker decided to say more.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Welcome! Also, while I'm not completely against Sora, I feel that he may introduce more Disney than I am comfortable with...
Since this is a thread focused on leaks, I'll make this quick:

Sora 99.9% won't bring Disney with him. Because then Sakurai would have to negotiate directly with Disney instead of Normura.

For Sora, all Sakurai needs to do is go to get the okay from Normura and he's practically set. At that point his interactions with Disney is just making sure he stays true to the source material of the games, which he'd obviously do.

For Disney, Sakurai needs to go to Disney and negotiate with them. It's essentially negotiating with another third party company, except for Disney elements of Sora it's all the risk and none of the reward really. So it (likely) ain't happening.

Regardless, I too don't understand why Sora is showing up so much either. Is it as our supposed Square Enix rep, or something else? Not that I'm complaining because I want Sora in the game, but I'm interested to see why this is happening.

Also, what's everyone's thoughts on the Dante leak? I still believe it has credibility.

Shroob

Sup?
Agreed. Tomorrow (IF anything happens) is gonna be wild. It feels to soon for anything big to be leaked. I forget, was it roughly a month before the 3ds released that ESRB leaked?
Let's get one thing straight about this.

It was one month for us, the general public.

There were people who know of this **** well in advance, or else the Ninka_Rose leak would have never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom