• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Let's get one thing straight about this.

It was one month for us, the general public.

There were people who know of this **** well in advance, or else the Ninka_Rose leak would have never happened.
If I remember correctly, the ESRB videos were circulating for around 6 weeks before they got leaked to the public, so they actually existed for two and a half months before the game released.

When does Smash Ultimate release again? Nearly two and a half months from now?
1530667157561.png

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Also, what's everyone's thoughts on the Dante leak? I still believe it has credibility.
Hm. With recent DMC5 leaks that just happened, I can say is that it was likely lucky coincidence or that just added some credibility to it.

I'll wait and see if it really is true.

When does Smash Ultimate release again? Nearly two and a half months from now, right?
Yep, we're so close that I can almost taste it.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If I remember correctly, the ESRB videos were circulating for around 6 weeks before they got leaked to the public, so they actually existed for two and a half months before the game released.

When does Smash Ultimate release again? Nearly two and a half months from now, right?
View attachment 166010
77 days from now :wario:

So, yes.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Since this is a thread focused on leaks, I'll make this quick:

Sora 99.9% won't bring Disney with him. Because then Sakurai would have to negotiate directly with Disney instead of Normura.

For Sora, all Sakurai needs to do is go to get the okay from Normura and he's practically set. At that point his interactions with Disney is just making sure he stays true to the source material of the games, which he'd obviously do.

For Disney, Sakurai needs to go to Disney and negotiate with them. It's essentially negotiating with another third party company, except for Disney elements of Sora it's all the risk and none of the reward really. So it (likely) ain't happening.

Regardless, I too don't understand why Sora is showing up so much either. Is it as our supposed Square Enix rep, or something else? Not that I'm complaining because I want Sora in the game, but I'm interested to see why this is happening.

Also, what's everyone's thoughts on the Dante leak? I still believe it has credibility.
I agree with this. It's a hundred percent possible for Sora to represent Kingdom Hearts without Donald and Goofy showing up. I'd be more surprised if they did than if they didn't, because they're not from a game originally. I think it would just be Sora, maybe a Roxas echo if we're lucky, and an original stage from KH, not one based on a Disney world.

kylexv

Smash Master
I love how we're all ready for a potential roster leak.
But then we still have two months before launch. I get that there's modes, but that'll be it at that point.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Are you talking about skin color, or overall color?
Because if we're talking about skin, especially lighter tones, it's a widespread issue amongst the cast of human characters.
Like look at ZSS, Bayonetta, Chrom, and I think even Simon suffers from it.
They all come off as extremely pale and faded.
In terms of color alone, characters like Pikachu and Lucina don't come off as vibrant given their washed out pallets.
They are much more vibrant in their Smash 4 incarnations than in here. This may be due to the lighting engine in this game, but it's an observation that's clear amongst the majority of veterans.

If anything, I feel it solidifies the picture as most characters suffer from that problem.
Zero Suit Samus, Bayo, and Chrom don't even look extremely pale. They've got some color. But it's not even just color itself. As I've stated to someone else, the lighting around his right leg is odd, because it shows thin light on both left and right of it, which doesn't make sense, because where is the light coming from?

D

Deleted member

I ask again. Why would someone fake a leak of KEN?
I'l give you Chrom, but regarding the question "why would anyone leak Ken?", it's simple: Vergeben Piggybacking. When Simon was mentioned, he bacame a staple of Smash Ultimate fake leaks because Vergeben mentioend him.

The first time Vergeben mentioned Ken was way back in August 18th, literally a month a go, so it's been a while since he mentioned this. If this image came like, a day or week after Vergeben mentioned Ken, i could see your point (because i dobut you could fabricate this in just a few days), but it's been a month and as such i wouldn't be surprised that if this hoax started beign fabricated as soon as Vergeben said the word "Ken" in GameFaqs.

Let's assume for a second this image is fake. Why would he choose Ken? Because he choose a character that was expected or desired (or at the very least heavily disscussed) in order to make the leak more believable and/or interesing to the community, because it would play into their bias ("this leak includes a character that is highly expected, disscussed and desried among the community, therefore it has a chance of beign real!") and people would talk about it.

For instance: A "leaked" image of say, Banjo would hold more people's interest than an image of a playable Tetris Block. Also you have to admit that doing a mock up of Ken is easier since he is very similar in looks for Ryu except for his colors and facial features. The fact that Third Party echoes are a thing and that Vergeben (who has gained a lot of credibility as of recently) is telling us that's he playable only make this the perfect opportunity to make a hoax.

If this image had Simon Belmont (after Vergeben mentioned him and before his reveal) and you asked "Why would anyone fake a leak of SIMON?", we would be in the same situation, because it would be an image of a character previously mentioned by Vergeben.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
But then we still have two months before launch. I get that there's modes, but that'll be it at that point.
The months will go buy quicker for me if the roster ends up leaked and I put roster speculation away finally tbh

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'l give you Chrom, but regarding the question "why would anyone leak Ken?", it's simple: Vergeben Piggybacking. When Simon was mentioned, he bacame a staple of Smash Ultimate fake leaks because Vergeben mentioend him.

The first time Vergeben mentioned Ken was way back in August 18th, literally a month a go, so it's been a while since he mentioned this. If this image came like, a day or week after Vergeben mentioned Ken, i could see your point (because i dobut you could fabricate this in just a few days), but it's been a month and as such i wouldn't be surprised that if this hoax started beign fabricated as soon as Vergeben said the word "Ken" in GameFaqs.

Let's assume for a second this image is fake. Why would he choose Ken? Because he choose a character that was expected or desired (or at the very least heavily disscussed) in order to make the leak more believable and/or interesing to the community, because it would play into their bias ("this leak includes a character that is highly expected, disscussed and desried among the community, therefore it has a chance of beign real!") and people would talk about it.

For instance: A "leaked" image of say, Banjo would hold more people's interest than an image of a playable Tetris Block. Also you have to admit that doing a mock up of Ken is easier since he is very similar in looks for Ryu except for his colors and facial features. The fact that Third Party echoes are a thing, that

If this image had Simon Belmont (after Vergeben mentioned him and before his reveal) and you asked "Why would anyone fake a leak of SIMON?", we would be in the same situation, because it would be an image of a character previously mentioned by Vergeben.
Hm. Interesting. I'm rusty, sorry. Thanks for the perspective.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
He got his first wrong call (the Dante theme being different than he described) but overall he got too many things right to ignore. I'm still keeping him in mind.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The months will go buy quicker for me if the roster ends up leaked and I put roster speculation away finally tbh
Honestly. Then I can stop checking up on 4chan leaks. which I really haven't been doing because schoolwork is getting intense but I keep trying

I'm still interested in figuring out what Spirits mode is though.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

For instance: A "leaked" image of say, Banjo would hold more people's interest than an image of a playable Tetris Block. Also you have to admit that doing a mock up of Ken is easier since he is very similar in looks for Ryu except for his colors and facial features. The fact that Third Party echoes are a thing, that

Okay, but did anyone attempt to do a picture leak of Simon Belmont to the degree of detail that's in the Ken leak?

Last edited:

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
I would honestly rather know what I'm buying and be done with it. Smash speculation is too tiring anymore.

Ultimate has been fairly good at spacing out info, though. Going for a shorter hype cycle is definitely the smarter option.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hey guys. Question about the SE rep. Specifically Geno.
Is there any reason Geno would have gotten his Mii costume if not to "tide us over" until Ultimate?
I've been getting a bit too hyped over Geno. So I'd love to be put down and find out maybe he isn't too likely.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Is there any reason Geno would have gotten his Mii costume if not to "tide us over" until Ultimate?
I've been getting a bit too hyped over Geno. So I'd love to be put down and find out maybe he isn't too likely.
We won't really know until Sakurai mentions it in either a direct or a Famitsu Column. But I'd personally agree with that assessment.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Compromise over not being able to turn him into a full character?
"Can we make Geno a fighter?"
"No."
"Can... we make another character wear a Geno outfit?"
"Ehhhh sure"

I mean, I doubt that's what happened but it's not impossible. We won't really know for sure unless something happens one way or another.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Compromise over not being able to turn him into a full character?
"Can we make Geno a fighter?"
"No."
"Can... we make another character wear a Geno outfit?"
"Ehhhh sure"

I mean, I doubt that's what happened but it's not impossible. We won't really know for sure unless something happens one way or another.
They make it incredibly clear it's "Geno" though. Not just a Mii in a costume. Plays his theme, splash screen and all.
But, I can see this, I suppose. Thank you Toast.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
Since this is a thread focused on leaks, I'll make this quick:

Sora 99.9% won't bring Disney with him. Because then Sakurai would have to negotiate directly with Disney instead of Normura.

For Sora, all Sakurai needs to do is go to get the okay from Normura and he's practically set. At that point his interactions with Disney is just making sure he stays true to the source material of the games, which he'd obviously do.

For Disney, Sakurai needs to go to Disney and negotiate with them. It's essentially negotiating with another third party company, except for Disney elements of Sora it's all the risk and none of the reward really. So it (likely) ain't happening.

Regardless, I too don't understand why Sora is showing up so much either. Is it as our supposed Square Enix rep, or something else? Not that I'm complaining because I want Sora in the game, but I'm interested to see why this is happening.

Dante Leak? Man, I really should've kept up with the leaks since day 1.
How did I miss the possible "Smash Bros. Ultimate featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series"!?

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
Could just be Square Enix throwing a bone. Mii Costume gives a LOT of credibility to Geno, but there were quite a few other characters who received Mii costumes as well who have been deconfirmed. (Zero, Protoman, Ashley, Dunban, Takamaru, Knuckles). Of course, there's also the confirmed ones (King K. Rool, Chrom, Isabelle, Inkling), so it gives a good understanding of who was popular and who wasn't.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
They make it incredibly clear it's "Geno" though. Not just a Mii in a costume. Plays his theme, splash screen and all.
But, I can see this, I suppose. Thank you Toast.
Well, no, they make it clear it's a costume because that's what it is.
They play the chocobo theme for the chocobo costume but he's not trying to claim that the mii IS "a chocobo" haha

It was just a nice way to market the costume is all.
The splash screen could mean something... or nothing at all. *shrug*

This is coming from a dude who is certain Geno will make an appearance in October

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Could just be Square Enix throwing a bone. Mii Costume gives a LOT of credibility to Geno, but there were quite a few other characters who received Mii costumes as well who have been deconfirmed. (Zero, Protoman, Ashley, Dunban, Takamaru, Knuckles). Of course, there's also the confirmed ones (King K. Rool, Chrom, Isabelle, Inkling), so it gives a good understanding of who was popular and who wasn't.
I think my only real issue with this is that Geno isn't a first party as the rest are.
In fact, he's the most objectively obscure third party to get a costume. It seems to me he only could've gotten the costume through pure fan demand. So, I find his case stronger than most other Mii costumes.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
So... What do we do now? Do we have to wait for that stanley leaker to see if he did really set up the video at 12pm EST or making more excuses about delays of it tomorrow?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Remember Rayman for SSB4? That video was treated as a leak, and you were able to see a video of it. Photoshopped images are easy to make. Videos? Not so much, especially if you're aiming for accuracy. People are so eager to make rumors, and it's surprisingly alarming how so many people actually buy into them. Worse, still, people trust strangers online who were right about some things, while ignoring their errors. No, wait. What's worse is most people mispronounce the German word Vergeben. Wait for the facts, people.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Well, no, they make it clear it's a costume because that's what it is.
They play the chocobo theme for the chocobo costume but he's not trying to claim that the mii IS "a chocobo" haha

It was just a nice way to market the costume is all.
The splash screen could mean something... or nothing at all. *shrug*

This is coming from a dude who is certain Geno will make an appearance in October
I guess I just really want to hope he'll be in. Am I doubting a bit? Yeah...but I want him to come home haha.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So... What do we do now? Do we have to wait for that stanley leaker to see if he did really set up the video at 12pm EST or making more excuses about delays of it tomorrow?
Anyone wanna link me to this specific leak? I must have missed it at some point.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Oh yeah... Keep forgetting about that Stanley Leak... Can't wait to see it in action... And for it to be debunked in record time...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I guess I just really want to hope he'll be in. Am I doubting a bit? Yeah...but I want him to come home haha.
I mean, I really want him to be playable too, but honestly? I would be pretty happy if anything SMRPG related got in the game in any capacity. Even if it's just a plain old trophy. ...Besides Mii costumes. I always thought that hurt a bit. Haha.

Chrono.

I don't see any more leaks happening tomorrow, or even in a week.

I feel this is just a taste until the official reveal.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I mean, I really want him to be playable too, but honestly? I would be pretty happy if anything SMRPG related got in the game in any capacity. Even if it's just a plain old trophy. ...Besides Mii costumes. I always thought that hurt a bit. Haha.
Truly such a good game. Very good childhood memories of that masterpiece.

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
Booster as a Wario echo when?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I never played the game growing up, but I got my chance a month or so back. It was such a joy! I am in the same boat, this boy needs to come home!

I would find it hard if Sora made it in. Dealing with SE is one thing, but Disney is THE Juggernaut.

We have to also understand Sakurai has stated this is a game for the fans. EDIT: Not sure where I was going with that lol. Cautiously optimistic is the motto to go by personally.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't see any more leaks happening tomorrow, or even in a week.

I feel this is just a taste until the official reveal.
You're probably right, but the safe route is never fun
Though it probably helps that I don't really get disappointed at this point in the speculation cycle lol
Booster as a Wario echo when?
I would love this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom