• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hey, he's gone on record saying that was incorrect information from an unreliable "source".
Even in the original post, he says to take it with a grain of salt. I don't think you can really use that against him.
Verge has been plenty wrong on many different games and outlets.
I and many other people definitely don't deny that.
Like the dude leaked that MvC:I would be getting an update announced at EVO.
Guess how that panned out.

But for Smash Ultimate so far, his record is practically 100% correct.
It seems for this game alone, outside of not mentioning a good majority of characters, his sources are pretty reliable.
This 100%.

I'll say it as many times as it takes: Vergeben is as legitimate as it gets. I'd say he's as legitimate, if not moreso than Gematsu, that's how much I trust him.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Bowser was able to do it in Melee and Brawl, so Ken can definitely do it.

If you claim that Bowser isn't a family man you can ****ing fight me.
View attachment 166026
View attachment 166027
View attachment 166028

Super Mario Sunshine is literally just Bowser trying to find a mom for Bowser Jr. too. Dude's a great father.
He decided a bunch of his children weren’t his children anymore once he had this new kid but good for Jr I guess

Nintendo retcons are canon lore, damn it

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This thread is for serious discussions of leaks. People posting fake leaks just for the fun of it will face a thread ban.
I am reminding this to people who are browsing the thread. I also didn’t know about this until it was too late. All because I didn’t read the OP before acting. My apologies to you all.

Obviously fake leaks (ie “my uncle works at nintendo” or “I know the whole roster you gotta believe me” or “don’t ask how I know this buuut...”) will be deleted and will result in a potential thread ban. Posting of fake leaks elsewhere on the forums can result in warnings/infractions.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Ok can I get a pic of this “Steve CSS leak” I keep seeing mentioned now and then?

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Hey, he's gone on record saying that was incorrect information from an unreliable "source".
Even in the original post, he says to take it with a grain of salt. I don't think you can really use that against him.
Verge has been plenty wrong on many different games and outlets.
I and many other people definitely don't deny that.
Like the dude leaked that MvC:I would be getting an update announced at EVO.
Guess how that panned out.

But for Smash Ultimate so far, his record is practically 100% correct.
It seems for this game alone, outside of not mentioning a good majority of characters, his sources are pretty reliable.

Now, like everyone and everything else, take it with a grain of salt.
Verge and his sources are definitely not the death nail on the roster.
I just think he shouldn't be completely dismissed, because of past claims or ones from other games.
I don't want to use anything against him. I do believe his sources are mainly reliable. However, they are still not 100% fail safe.
I guess I'm just warning others here as natural skeptic myself not to take any information purely at face value. Always be asking questions ;)

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
They go out of their way to put Geno's name in the Geno Mii Costume trailer, along with licensing Beware the Forest's Mushrooms for supposedly only a 10 second gameplay clip. I don't really know how licensing works, other than they get rights to use something, but I'd assume it wouldn't matter whether it was a costume or the character itself as long as you were pretty clearly using the character's likeness.

I'm not saying he's in, but if he's not, I'd be surprised.

Since this is the leak thread, I may as well throw in this old leak that was on the Geno thread. It's probably fake; it's on the same 4chan thread as fake Banjo and Dixie leaks, but it's never been debunked itself as the render seems to have much better quality than either of those:
View attachment 166024

Note that his head is not clipping through the collar; this was brought up before, but that part is colored blue, so it's his collar wrapping around his head. If it's fake, I wish we could see the full render, and it makes for a good eye-roll image.
I'm really not sure where this came from and it never really got debunked. I really like the model though. It's also a spicy reaction meme.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Ok can I get a pic of this “Steve CSS leak” I keep seeing mentioned now and then?
I wouldn't bother. It's been deemed fake.
The name wasn't even centered on his CSS box.

Now speaking of fake leaks, can someone point me to where the "Stanley" dude said he'll post something by 12:00 EST?
I'm just curious where people saw that.
I don't want to use anything against him. I do believe his sources are mainly reliable. However, they are still not 100% fail safe.
I guess I'm just warning others here as natural skeptic myself not to take any information purely at face value. Always be asking questions ;)
Oh no, I definitely agree with you there.
Every leak or rumor should come under scrutiny, unless it's leaked by Nintendo or Namco themselves, and should always be allowed to receive proper skepticism.
I just took it as you trying to dismiss his claims due to an outdated one.
But yeah, I wouldn't use Verge as the final confirmation for anything in all honesty.
Like I said, he never even mentioned the Echo Fighters.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I just kind of find it.....funny.....? in a morose kind of way that the character they chose to leak was, well, Ken.

If Smash is an ice cream shop, Ken is literally a single scoop of vanilla ice cream in a bowl. Yeah, he doesn't even get a cone, he gets a BOWL, he's that plain and expected.

Like, if you had ALL THAT POWER, you choose to leak.....Ken?

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I remember the old leaks and rumors thread... hoooooo boy. I give this thread 2 weeks before Mods shut it down.. especially if it boils into what the old one was..

Anyway while it's here..... did that Stanley the bugman say anything today? Wasnt he supposed to drop the ultimate leak on us?

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
For anyone that are curious about stanley leaker and video at 12pm est tomorrow:

Naturally, I don't believe this leak because same leaker also promised us "video" today but for no reason, he decides to delay it? So, I'll be watching for any thing about this in /v/ catalog tomorrow at 12 pm EST to see if he's full of bull**** or not.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
As somebody said earlier, one of the biggest things that point to this being real is the fact that it's KEN being leaked. If this individual has enough talent to make a fake leak that is more or less impossible to debunk, why would they do Ken!? Everybody and their dog already expects him.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
I just kind of find it.....funny.....? in a morose kind of way that the character they chose to leak was, well, Ken.

If Smash is an ice cream shop, Ken is literally a single scoop of vanilla ice cream in a bowl. Yeah, he doesn't even get a cone, he gets a BOWL, he's that plain and expected.

Like, if you had ALL THAT POWER, you choose to leak.....Ken?
It's a cruel tease. He has potentially all the roster information in his hands, the info HE KNOWS we want so bad, and he dangles it in front of us by showing us what we basically already knew.

Either he showed Ken to first show that he was legit, or he enjoys seeing us squirm for info.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
For anyone that are curious about stanley leaker and video at 12pm est tomorrow:

Naturally, I didn't believe this leak because same leaker also promised us "video" today but for no reason, he decides to delay it? So, I'll be watching for any thing about this in /v/ catalog tomorrow at 12 pm EST to see if he's full of bull**** or not.
The classic reschedule!

"Guys the video was here a minute ago and my computer erased it... but I totally had it! You gotta believe me!"

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Here's that disaster of a "leak":

umg he's in guys.

If he's in, I honestly expect an announcement at Minecon next weekend, or at least a special video on Mojang's official Minecraft channel done in collaboration with Nintendo. The sad thing about the latter is, we'll all know what it is before even watching it, instead of the video already being forced to play.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
It's a cruel tease. He has potentially all the roster information in his hands, the info HE KNOWS we want so bad, and he dangles it in front of us by showing us what we basically already knew.

Either he showed Ken to first show that he was legit, or he enjoys seeing us squirm for info.
Or he/she didn't have an opportunity to take any other pictures due to the measures Nintendo, Sora, and NAMCO have been going to in order to prevent leaks.

Chrono.

As somebody said earlier, one of the biggest things that point to this being real is the fact that it's KEN being leaked. If this individual has enough talent to make a fake leak that is more or less impossible to debunk, why would they do Ken!? Everybody and their dog already expects him.
It's not just that he's expected, but also that he's been heavily rumored and backed by a reliable leaker.

Someone like Shadow is also expected, but would've been a more exciting character to leak because no one reliable has vouched for him.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I’m of the opinion that Geno is the new Square rep. While absolutely true that Sakurai was pulling from fan requested characters a lot more this time around, a lot of people have suddenly become entitled and believe it’ll only be them. Geno himself has a following, but the head of that following is Sakurai himself. And if the Mii Costume is anything to go by, Square isn’t as tight on his rights as previously believed.

Plus this game already has freaking Ridley in it, I mean I’m still getting used to seeing his name on legit roster lists. The bar for impossible things isn’t as high anymore.

That said I sincerely doubt Sakurai would throw everybody a huge bone in K. Rool and then proceed to add Stanley over Dixie. I also refuse to believe that leaker until he coughs up the proof he claims to possess. Prima leak is more plausible and that has the Wii Safety Instructor in it.

I’m just waiting for Shadow to get leaked as he’s my most-wanted and all the points & evidence I’ve compiled for him is damning.

Last edited:

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice

Naturally, I don't believe this leak because same leaker also promised us "video" today but for no reason, he decides to delay it? So, I'll be watching for any thing about this in /v/ catalog tomorrow at 12 pm EST to see if he's full of bull**** or not.
That's not suspicious at all! /s

Nevertheless, worth keeping an eye on for now.
Palpatine.jpg

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It's possible the leaker didn't have anything else. As a potential play-tester, maybe that was his only assignment, and so he couldn't leak anything else?

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Simple really. It's because Ken is so expected now that it's him now being 'leaked'. This leaker knows now that people will question and scrutinize this picture even less so because of his expectation.
But we shouldn't be doing that. We shouldn't just assume that Ken is in at this point like that. We shouldn't treat anything as 100% confirmed until it actually is. It's an easy trap to fall in to...

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
It's possible the leaker didn't have anything else. As a potential play-tester, maybe that was his only assignment, and so he couldn't leak anything else?
Who knows? I mean, I've been a tester of games before (nothing nearly as high-profile as Smash), and in my experience, it's pretty much full access to the full game. However, my experience is really nothing to go on in regards to Smash and game testing as a whole. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Isn't Dixie in the Stanley the Bugaman leak as an echo? I could have sworn I saw her on the list... that would mean DK gets 5 reps in total and I'm all for it, though I'd rather have a little DK jr. Echo of DK or Funky but Stans cool

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
The image is probably pretty old and been tossed around for a while, same way the ESRB videos were. Dude probably snapped a pic, shared it with a couple people, they shared it with a couple people, they shared it with a couple people, etc, until it wound up in the hands of someone willing to upload it. This also explains the heavy jpeg artifacting.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Who knows? I mean, I've been a tester of games before (nothing nearly as high-profile as Smash), and in my experience, it's pretty much full access to the full game. However, my experience is really nothing to go on in regards to Smash and game testing as a whole. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Playtesting beta stuff is very very normal. Meaning lack of certain content. But yeah, simply having not all the roster etc. is possible. Though it's clear that the roster image above is just a photoshop anyway. Steve's name would not be uncentered as is. I doubt they'd have most of the roster yet lack Incineroar and Ken too. Or possibly a SE character. It doesn't add up even while ignoring the bad name placement.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wow! 10 pages in 4 hours!

So... Ken, huh? He's one of my favorite fighters in Street Fighter II due to how easy it is to play as him and Ryu.

Who else were leaked?

Maybe one day I will see Meowth support thread get 10 pages in 4 hours... maybe not for Smash Ultimate... maybe for the next Smash.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
I will be VERY pleasantly surprised if this guy actually has footage somehow.

Shroob

Sup?
The image is probably pretty old and been tossed around for a while, same way the ESRB videos were. Dude probably snapped a pic, shared it with a couple people, they shared it with a couple people, they shared it with a couple people, etc, until it wound up in the hands of someone willing to upload it. This also explains the heavy jpeg artifacting.

....Maybe Ken is the first Echo fighter added to the game? Could that be why Vergeben had no idea about any of the others? It's a Gematsu situation?

Chrono.

....Maybe Ken is the first Echo fighter added to the game? Could that be why Vergeben had no idea about any of the others? It's a Gematsu situation?
This kind of implies Rool, an unique character he never mentioned, may have been a later addition which is... Interesting to think about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom