• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
If Stanley somehow gets in... he'd be the fourth DK rep, correct?
If I remember correctly, didn't he have his own series? *googles it* Well ****, if said leak is true, and then I can guess that DK is going to get the fourth DK rep and it's human.

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I think Geno is very likely. But I'm still not entirely convinced on Incineroar, Ken, or Steve.

I've been wondering though. If Vergeben does end up wrong about Ken & Incineroar, will people still continue to hold the same trust in him? He has been wrong about a few things before, only to backpedal on those claims by claiming his sources on them weren't trust worthy.

I've seen some posting things lately like: Vergeben hasn't been wrong about anything Smash related yet! Which is real annoying, cuz it is factually wrong. Check his gamefaqs post history for yourself and you will see.
I understand though verge can only report on the information he's given. And since his sources can sometimes be wrong, he can be wrong as well.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I think Geno is very likely. But I'm still not entirely convinced on Incineroar, Ken, or Steve.

I've been wondering though. If Vergeben does end up wrong about Ken & Incineroar, will people still continue to hold the same trust in him? He has been wrong about a few things before, only to backpedal on those claims by claiming his sources on them weren't trust worthy.

I've seen some posting things lately like: Vergeben hasn't been wrong about anything Smash related yet! Which is real annoying, cuz it is factually wrong. Check his gamefaqs post history for yourself and you will see.
I understand though verge can only report on the information he's given. And since his sources can sometimes be wrong, he can be wrong as well.
I have checked it. Show me where he's been wrong please.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yes tomorrow will definitively be a day to remember.
I really can't wait.

For you guys to shut up about tomorrow.
I'll do that tomorrow.

Wait why are we assuming anything's happening tomorrow
I made an offhand comment about it and now everyone thinks the 3 or 4 people who mentioned it is actually like 40 people talking about tomorrow or something

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
I feel like Geno could be the next SE rep.

Sakurai quoting Geno stuck to me right now. It is something I really want to cling on to...something that will keep my spirit...

Sakurai: Geno was actually a character I wanted to include as a fighter. He has a gun for an arm, and just seems like he'd fit absolutely perfectly into Smash.

I was hoping I'd be able to put him in as far back as Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but unfortunately that never ended up materializing.
That quote gives me a feeling that Geno could be in.The Mii Costume isnt created only for the fans, it is created for Sakurai himself as he liked the character. But, of course, it could happen or not. I am really happy that Loyal Geno community have always kept their spirits on despite many critcism of Geno. Someday, Geno will make it in!

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I'l give you Chrom, but regarding the question "why would anyone leak Ken?", it's simple: Vergeben Piggybacking. When Simon was mentioned, he bacame a staple of Smash Ultimate fake leaks because Vergeben mentioend him.

The first time Vergeben mentioned Ken was way back in August 18th, literally a month a go, so it's been a while since he mentioned this. If this image came like, a day or week after Vergeben mentioned Ken, i could see your point (because i dobut you could fabricate this in just a few days), but it's been a month and as such i wouldn't be surprised that if this hoax started beign fabricated as soon as Vergeben said the word "Ken" in GameFaqs.

Let's assume for a second this image is fake. Why would he choose Ken? Because he choose a character that was expected or desired (or at the very least heavily disscussed) in order to make the leak more believable and/or interesing to the community, because it would play into their bias ("this leak includes a character that is highly expected, disscussed and desried among the community, therefore it has a chance of beign real!") and people would talk about it.

For instance: A "leaked" image of say, Banjo would hold more people's interest than an image of a playable Tetris Block. Also you have to admit that doing a mock up of Ken is easier since he is very similar in looks for Ryu except for his colors and facial features. The fact that Third Party echoes are a thing, that

If this image had Simon Belmont (after Vergeben mentioned him and before his reveal) and you asked "Why would anyone fake a leak of SIMON?", we would be in the same situation, because it would be an image of a character previously mentioned by Vergeben.
heyas tord.. the image is real.. although i can understand you didn't read like... 50 pages of thread detailing all theproof.

gonna try to do a quick rundown... not images though, that would take too much time, you will gonna have to trusth me here.

The shadow bug is real... probably it was noted thanks to this leak, it have been compared with images from teh actual e3 build.

proportionwise everything is in order, have been compared with images of the knwon build with Ryu instead of ken

Transparent portrait is also like the game, also have been compared with videos and screens face to face.

discrepancies on the character portraits have also been noted to exist in different builds of the game and the discrepancies in these portraits have been shown to be coherent with older versions of the game.

timer having the 0 before the 2 shows that this is likely build older than teh e3 build.

debug menu suggest this person had acces to a developer build with developer console.

this is further shown by the fact that is stopped in 2:30 meaning that the time was froze, meaning that the screen was taken on a version of moray towers that wasnt inked at the start of the match. so far it have been almost imposible to find screenshots of a preinked moray towers, so that would be a hell to fake.

Ken feet clips with the floor in thesame way ryu feet clips on teh floor on the same stage.

Actually Vanroose counted the ammount of poligons in ken's GI (the clothes) and it have the edges have the same ammount of poligons that the ryu ultimate model. and teh same structure.

The way the shaders rweact to ken is coherent to the way the shaders work on this game...

Certain details with Pacman's mappy taunt are also coherent with Ultimate.

almost all of this have been actually compared to real screencaps of the game.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Man, everytime there is someone doubting Geno making it in, my heart ache a little. Sure, it is their opinion and that too matters. But the thing is that people are viewing Geno much more pessimistic than optimistic, especially at Ultimate Discussions.

Despite the odds, there is one glimer of hope that Geno will have a chance. One hope after doubts.

Sakurai quoting Geno stuck to me right now. It is something I really want to cling on to...something that will keep my spirit...

Sakurai: Geno was actually a character I wanted to include as a fighter. He has a gun for an arm, and just seems like he'd fit absolutely perfectly into Smash.

I was hoping I'd be able to put him in as far back as Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but unfortunately that never ended up materializing.

That quote gives me a feeling that Geno could be in...but it could happen or not. I am really happy that Loyal Geno community have always kept their spirits on despite many critcism of Geno. Someday, I wish he could be in...
Whatcha mean?

This speculation cycle people have viewed him as a lock. Up until quite recently, fairly, then things have become split.
There's more hope than that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Cyn Cyn
The last leak thread also served as a sort of compendium for all the leaks floating around at that time. As someone who modded that thread, I don't suggest this one aim to be quite as comprehensive, but wasn't that one the reasons people wanted a leak thread to keep track of notable leaks?

Will the OP eventually house the more notable claims/leaks? It may not prove too arduous to include just the ones that, for whatever reason, stand out among the ocean of nonsense. May also be worthwhile for the sake of posterity. Perhaps along the lines of this, though it needn't be that thorough.

Though obv someone would have to be up to the task of compilation. Someone who definitely isn't me. :p

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I have checked it. Show me where he's been wrong please.
Fine:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-switch/76403748

Do us all a solid here in the speculation community and make sure this gets passed around kay?
It's like, zillionith time I've had to post this to some one. I would like the information to be more well known that Vergeben has been wrong before to be out there; as common knowledge.
Man, everytime there is someone doubting Geno making it in, my heart ache a little. Sure, it is their opinion and that too matters. But the thing is that people are viewing Geno much more pessimistic than optimistic, especially at Ultimate Discussions.

Despite the odds, there is one glimer of hope that Geno will have a chance. One hope after doubts.

That quote gives me a feeling that Geno could be in...but it could happen or not. I am really happy that Loyal Geno community have always kept their spirits on despite many critcism of Geno. Someday, I wish he could be in...
Geno is making it in don't worry :):b:

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Fine:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-switch/76403748

Do us all a solid here in the speculation community and make sure this gets passed around kay?
It's like, zillionith time I've had to post this to some one. I would like the information to be more well known out there.

That is old as dirt, and Verg disowned it a long, long time ago.

Yeah, he's still not 100% confirmed, but if this Ken leak turns out to be true, that's yet another notch in his belt.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Fine:

It's like, zillionith time I've had to post this to some one. I would like the information to be more well known out there.

Whoops. Forgot about that. Thank you.

I find it important to note that he describes how he's taking it with a grain of salt and only put it out in case it's true.
It seems to me Verge's become much more careful with leaks since then.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Fine:

It's like, zillionith time I've had to post this to some one. I would like the information to be more well known that Vergeben has been wrong before to be more out there.
"A totally brand new person claiming to having this info got into contact with me recently, so I'm taking this with as much of a grain of salt as you "

"But since I haven't been able to confirm or deny this with anyone who might know "

I don't think this changes anything about Verge's credibility.

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice

Yeah, he's still not 100% confirmed, but if this Ken leak turns out to be true, that's yet another notch in his belt.
He also noted that that particular leak was brought to him by "a totally brand new person."
Edit: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So... What do we do now? Do we have to wait for that stanley leaker to see if he did really set up the video at 12pm EST or making more excuses about delays of it tomorrow?
Judging by your number of posts, you must be pretty new to the whole leak game. Here's a word of advice:

Unless a leaker starts with images and/or videos, they're likely fake.

Everyone else here should keep that in mind as well.

Vergeben is 99.9% true. Dude's gotten all of his claims correct so far, and the Ken leak only backs him up more.

As someone who's seen almost every "leak" of this speculation cycle, I can say that there is reason to believe Vergeben. If anyone is right, it's going to be him. Trust me on this one.

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Whatcha mean?

This speculation cycle people have viewed him as a lock. Up until quite recently, fairly, then things have become split.
There's more hope than that.
There is couple of good counter point for Geno making it in. Being very obscure character with a small yet dedicated fans and that Geno doesnt feel like the best SE to implement to Smash Bros as a marketing strategy as he is obscure.

Still, Sakurai's quote keeps my spirits up nevertheless.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Cyn Cyn
The last leak thread also served as a sort of compendium for all the leaks floating around at that time. As someone who modded that thread, I don't suggest this one aim to be quite as comprehensive, but wasn't that one the reasons people wanted a leak thread to keep track of notable leaks?

Will the OP eventually house the more notable claims/leaks? It may not prove too arduous to include just the ones that, for whatever reason, stand out among the ocean of nonsense. May also be worthwhile for the sake of posterity. Perhaps along the lines of this, though it needn't be that thorough.

Though obv someone would have to be up to the task of compilation. Someone who definitely isn't me. :p
It can be. I am definitely fine with that. If someone wants to compile everything and notify me when any changes occur, I'll keep it up to date. Though last time I mentioned that, no one was up to the task.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
There is couple of good counter point for Geno making it in. Being very obscure character with a small yet dedicated fans and that Geno doesnt feel like the best SE to implement to Smash Bros as a marketing strategy as he is obscure.

Still, Sakurai's quote keeps my spirits up nevertheless.
"Small yet dedicated"
Yeah, I'd say a BIT more than small seeing as they got the guy his own Mii costume.

They already GOT the best SE rep in. Cloud.
I'm trying to keep my hopes down too but these points are easily counterable as well.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Judging by your number of posts, you must be pretty new to the whole leak game. Here's a word of advice:

Unless a leaker starts with images and/or videos, they're likely fake.

Everyone else here should keep that in mind as well.
I'll take your advice, but however, I lurked in general discussion thread before then, So this is time to start posting I guess due to my interests in that ken leak.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Remember Rayman for SSB4? That video was treated as a leak, and you were able to see a video of it. Photoshopped images are easy to make. Videos? Not so much, especially if you're aiming for accuracy. People are so eager to make rumors, and it's surprisingly alarming how so many people actually buy into them. Worse, still, people trust strangers online who were right about some things, while ignoring their errors. No, wait. What's worse is most people mispronounce the German word Vergeben. Wait for the facts, people.
Most certainly. For that, they will never be forgiven.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3

Whoops. Forgot about that. Thank you.

I find it important to note that he describes how he's taking it with a grain of salt and only put it out in case it's true.
It seems to me Verge's become much more careful with leaks since then.
I'm quite aware. Everyone seems ready to point this out to me. But I already know all Verge can do for us is report on the information he's given. I am not trying to 100% discredit Verge here. I am simply stating since his information can sometimes be wrong, he himself can sometimes be wrong as well.

I am trying to dispel the myth that Vergeben has never been wrong about Smash related info before.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm quite aware. Everyone seems ready to point this out to me. But I already know all Verge can do for us is report on the information he's given. I am not trying to 100% discredit Verge here. I am simply stating since his information can sometimes be wrong, he himself can sometimes be wrong as well.

I am trying to dispel the myth that Vergeben has never been wrong about Smash related info before.
I understand. Just wanted to offer my own opinion.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
They go out of their way to put Geno's name in the Geno Mii Costume trailer (he get's his own splash screen), along with licensing Beware the Forest's Mushrooms for supposedly only a 10 second gameplay clip. I don't really know how licensing works, other than they get rights to use something, but I'd assume it wouldn't matter whether it was a costume or the character itself as long as you were pretty clearly using the character's likeness.

I'm not saying he's in, but if he's not, I'd be surprised.

Since this is the leak thread, I may as well throw in this old leak that was on the Geno thread. It's probably fake; it's on the same 4chan thread as fake Banjo and Dixie leaks, but it's never been debunked itself as the render seems to have much better quality than either of those:
Geno.png

Note that his head is not clipping through the collar; this was brought up before, but that part is colored blue, so it's his collar wrapping around his head. It also has a pretty convincing wooden-but-still-cartoony texture on his head and body. If it's fake, I wish we could see the full render, and it makes for a good eye-roll image.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m choosing to believe in this Ken leak pic. I just wonder if his family is ok with him joining Smash. Him being a family man and all.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Perhaps I'm not looking thoroughly enough but I'm only finding discussion of the "Steve CSS Leak" rather than the actual image. Does anyone have a link? Sorry lmao.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
They go out of their way to put Geno's name in the Geno Mii Costume trailer, along with licensing Beware the Forest's Mushrooms for supposedly only a 10 second gameplay clip. I don't really know how licensing works, other than they get rights to use something, but I'd assume it wouldn't matter whether it was a costume or the character itself as long as you were pretty clearly using the character's likeness.

I'm not saying he's in, but if he's not, I'd be surprised.

Since this is the leak thread, I may as well throw in this old leak that was on the Geno thread. It's probably fake; it's on the same 4chan thread as fake Banjo and Dixie leaks, but it's never been debunked itself as the render seems to have much better quality than either of those:
View attachment 166024

Note that his head is not clipping through the collar; this was brought up before, but that part is colored blue, so it's his collar wrapping around his head. If it's fake, I wish we could see the full render, and it makes for a good eye-roll image.
Is it really that hard to make a good Geno model though?

On a scale of 1 to Simple, he ranks Really Simple.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I understand. Just wanted to offer my own opinion.
That's cool bro :)
It's just that I've just been harrassed by some of his fanboys lately on other sites whenever I bring this matter up :(
I did not mean to sound impatient with you; I've just learned you gotta let your stance be known on these things quickly before everyone blows what you said out of proportion lol

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I’m choosing to believe in this Ken leak pic. I just wonder if his family is ok with him joining Smash. Him being a family man and all.
Bowser was able to do it in Melee and Brawl, so Ken can definitely do it.

If you claim that Bowser isn't a family man you can ****ing fight me.
20170113_051639_thumb.png

C2ucejrITMWXWgy0zlWK_bowser_covers_bowser_jr_s_eyes_4_watching_porn_by_soulstealer_twisty-daxd...jpg

Bowser-Protecting-Bowser-Jr-From-Boos.png

Super Mario Sunshine is literally just Bowser trying to find a mom for Bowser Jr. too. Dude's a great father.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Is it really that hard to make a good Geno model though?

On a scale of 1 to Simple, he ranks Really Simple.
I mean, I guess it would be, and I'm willing to think it's fake.

I just remember them saying that they never get Geno renders as good as this. I really like it. I'm also a Geno supporter, though I haven't played SMRPG yet. I just like his design and what I've read of his character.

edit: That render also has a pretty convincing wood texture, which is also a bit cartoony.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I'm very confident that we are going to get a rock-solid, nigh-inarguable leak of the entire base roster before October ends at the rate things are going. I'm almost sure of it.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Fine:

It's like, zillionith time I've had to post this to some one. I would like the information to be more well known that Vergeben has been wrong before to be out there; as common knowledge.

Hey, he's gone on record saying that was incorrect information from an unreliable "source".
Even in the original post, he says to take it with a grain of salt. I don't think you can really use that against him.
Verge has been plenty wrong on many different games and outlets.
I and many other people definitely don't deny that.
Like the dude leaked that MvC:I would be getting an update announced at EVO.
Guess how that panned out.

But for Smash Ultimate so far, his record is practically 100% correct.
It seems for this game alone, outside of not mentioning a good majority of characters, his sources are pretty reliable.

Now, like everyone and everything else, take it with a grain of salt.
Verge and his sources are definitely not the death nail on the roster.
I just think he shouldn't be completely dismissed, because of past claims or ones from other games.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Excluding his now-disowned leak from six months ago, Vergeben hasn't called much, but what he has called has been almost completely correct. I was skeptical of him for a while, but as his streak went on and on, I really had to hop on board.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom